Untitled (resized).png
hplockbar (resized).jpg
hpbuttons (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20200808_121939 (resized).jpg
16178194 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #29 Images of flipper coils being assembled in the Homepin factory. Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #31 Images of prototype Thunderbirds mechs. Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #46 MPU Testing: Image and Video Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #47 Pinball Cab CNC Tests: Images and Video Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #61 Fliipper Coil pictorial Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #122 Delivery trucks being loaded in China Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #130 Factory tour video Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #131 Flipper links & other assembly parts Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #142 The plastic used for flipper links Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #153 Flipper buttons Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MIL.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#503 6 years ago

Is that 250 topper covers just for Thunderbirds machines Mike ?

or did you order extras to sell so people can fit them to "other" machines ?

1 week later
#533 6 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

These are our six demo cabs that will be sited in expat bars in China very shortly (they will have note acceptors fitted).
We will decal them up in a day or so but I want to get a different type of "not so sticky" protective plastic before we do that so we can slap it on the fresh decals to prevent damage.
The wheeled trolleys have been designed and built so they have a protective wood rail all around the cabinet to help with that as well as being built so the machine is at the correct incline for playing without fitting legs.
Second pic is from the office level of the factory:

Hi Mike . Production line looking good . I notice the inside walls of the cabinets are not painted all the way to the base . Is this only because they are "demo" cabs ? I think it would finish the look off nicely if the actual production cabinets were painted all the way down ( or even better the entire inside of the cabinet ) . Also the paint work seems to be a little thin . Is this just the camera flash etc. or again , just because they are "demo" cabs .

BTW great idea about the protective plastic on the decals . Leave it on until it gets to the final customer . Seen plenty of Stern decals get damaged in transit .

1 year later
#2765 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

I hear many will be confronting him at Pinfest

IF he decides to show up . My money's on a last minute "I'm too busy here at the factory to leave" excuse .

One things for sure anyway . It'll be the last Pinfest that he's commercially invited to .

1 month later
#2978 5 years ago

cjmjmm2006 and dangerwil . Did your games come with a "standard" size coin door or a narrow skinny door ? When we ordered here in Australia we had the choice of which door to go with . Just wondering what was fitted to your doors being in the USA and did you get a choice ?

1 month later
#3126 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

There are simply too many variables to detail here BUT let me say that pre-order buyers who have contacted Highway Games and specified how they would like to have their machine shipped - and then paid for that shipping (most have been about AU$350) and also the GST that is owing to the Government the second the machine lands at the dock, have had their machines built and shipped in the next build run.
My suggestion to you is to contact Highway Games (if you are a Homepin pre-order buyer - I can't connect your Pinside username with our list), be polite, ask them nicely "how much do I have to pay for XXX shipping method and my GST"? Then pay the money and your machine will be in the next scheduled build run. It really is that simple.

Mike Homepin . Are you saying that pre-order customers machines ( mine should be # 0005 ) are not even built yet ( as previously promised ) ?

Yes we are aware that shipping , GST etc. has to be paid ... BUT .. how can we pay that when Highway has not invoiced us for it
Hell , the last I heard from them , they weren't even sure on exactly how much shipping would be . They were still trying to work out how much it would be .

And before you reply with a "please contact them" comment . I am a fully paid pre-order customer ( for the machine anyway ) so it should be them contacting me , not the other way around . You don't contact the electricity company or the gas company at the end of the month and politely ask "how much do I owe you" do you . NO . They send you a bill / invoice upon which you then pay . Simples .

This whole deal of having Highway handle your Australian distributorship is making you look worse than you already do . I can't help but get the feeling we are going in circles and the excuses you bounce off each other is just , well , inexcusable .

#3184 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

....well your machine, serial number 2, is currently in a container on the way to Sydney so you can collect it in a week or so. I just don't see what the problem is?
We even unboxed it and fitted the upgraded ramp before it shipped.

What about machine serial number 0005 Mike ? I've tried asking Highway if it's in that first container but couldn't get a straight answer . Seeing as though I was the second person to pre-order in full I would've assumed that it should be amongst the first container load .

#3196 5 years ago
Quoted from julo:

Is my machine in the container on the sea?

Good luck getting an answer to that Jules . I've asked Highway a few times and even tried asking Mike here in my previous post above if my machine ( serial # 0005 ) which was the second machine pre-ordered and paid for in full , is in the container that's on it's way . Instead of getting a simple yes or no we get a detailed post of useless info as to building cabinets and air line fitting prices .

And before anyone asks "have I paid for shipping yet" . The answer is NO because Highway has not invoiced me for it yet nor do they even know how much it will be at this stage .

So I will ask again : " Homepin is my machine ( serial number 5 ) on it's way or not ? YES or NO ".

2 years later
#4425 2 years ago

What is the ramp change that people are mentioning ? I've been out of the "loop" for a while and I don't have Facebook so I relied on the forums for any info from Mike and Homepin but due to him quitting the forums it's left me in the dark a little .
Also there was some talk of a code update a while ago . Did that ever happen and if so , how did people get the new code .
Have the toppers we were all promised / paid for been made ?

#4430 2 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Do you own Thunderbirds?

Yes I do .

2 months later
#4458 2 years ago

Well the freight on the toppers shouldn't matter .
I pre-ordered my machine and even the original receipt states "includes topper ".
The fact that it didn't ship/ wasn't ready in time to ship with the machine should be on Homepin .
I already paid freight to get my order here which should've included the topper .
Now that they're finally done , Mike should be covering the freight .

#4467 2 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

Mike is covering the freight. (in the next container). People have been offered the chance to expedite it themselves if they wish. Most have declined.

Unfortunately we've heard this before Doug . Sounds like the same deal for the shipping of the machines and that went south . Will believe it when I see it . Be nice to be kept in the loop by Homepin rather than having to chase him up repeatedly for any info .

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MIL.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepin-official-thread-pinball-parts-machine-progress?tu=MIL and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.