Untitled (resized).png
hplockbar (resized).jpg
hpbuttons (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20200808_121939 (resized).jpg
16178194 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #29 Images of flipper coils being assembled in the Homepin factory. Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #31 Images of prototype Thunderbirds mechs. Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #46 MPU Testing: Image and Video Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #47 Pinball Cab CNC Tests: Images and Video Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #61 Fliipper Coil pictorial Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #122 Delivery trucks being loaded in China Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #130 Factory tour video Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #131 Flipper links & other assembly parts Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #142 The plastic used for flipper links Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #153 Flipper buttons Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Leveeger.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4366 3 years ago

Hi,

Got recently n°113/155.

On right flipper I have magnetic remanence because of bad quality alloy used.
Also got some mushrooming that I have corrected filling roughtly and changing the soft sleeve damaged... But magnetism remains. I have then to change at least the stop and the plunger.

I know homepin is producing his own parts, but with COVID crisis, I would avoid long deadline to recover... So I'm searching for equivalence part for the flipper... It look like Data East/Sega/Stern SAM but as I don't own such pins, I can't tell... Plunger spec in mm: Diameter 11, total lenght 60, pin drill 5 toward link...

Anyone for help?

3 months later
#4368 2 years ago

Hi,

I got replaced plungers with DE previous 1992 and pin stops with bally to discover the right flipper was still sticking one to 3 seconds... I went to menu for test and discovered one push on the right resulted in 4 to 6 impulsions. Conclusion, no remanence... but electrical or electronical...

I then turned to the opto, surrounded by 2 coils (the walk through and the launcher)... After testing and several cleaning the phenomena disappeared. Strange disturbance as normally this I/O failing...

But with optos you never know ain't it?

#4374 2 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

Homepin’s first game is listed as the worst pinball game ever made.
So, the sky’s the limit on game 2.
That and at least they actually put out a game.

I played much worse pinball in GTB, bally and Williams games.
For sure this is far to be the best, but the ball flow is good. Too much multiball for me, but a rule update may change a lot of things... If it comes one day...

2 weeks later
#4379 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

This is one of those rare cases where no pinball is preferred.

Seems you are really bashing!!!
Have you ever played that game?

1 week later
#4433 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Trouble is, shipping and taxes would put it up over $3k, which is probably too much.

Hi Same for US pinball coming to Europe... 8K dollars for a Stern Pro version, would you ever buy it?

#4434 2 years ago

All this bashing (spitting and trolling) is amusing me. Seams the internet is full of haters for everything. TB is not an exception when I see all the negative reactions.

Cost: OK, according market evolution you have an EM for the price now.

Quantities: Only 155 units in the world. So having the opportunity to play it is weak. Owning one is exceptional (if you can ever have the possbility to buy one... But don't do it )

Gameplay: Well... taste and colors... What you like belongs to you... Personnaly MM is a bareshit, Indy not that good, Monster bash is beautiful but too easy really quickly boring... Most of last 20 years Stern pins are shits (exception for Metalica and Ghostbuster). But this is personal...

Rules and code: Well the rules are not so clear... Bonus? yeah peanuts... You have to do all missions to get full handle of points... In easy mode, strategy is to capture and to chain up multiballs... Multiballs are too easy to get... But set the game in hard mode and it is fully different... Multiball is hard to get if ever... And you have to battle hard not be ridiculous

Quality: If you compare to Stern... Well, Stern is bad quality... It's worse and worse the time passing by. TB is different. Of course, the Lockbar is plastic, but you can exchange with a WPC one. Buttons? Well they are acceptable... Sure the feeling could be better with a harder spring inside... The door? Well same as stern, I don't care!!! At least legs are not bending when I'm pushing the machine. Playfield is plastic protected. Ramps are metal (brought it with the update installed). Flippers mecanisms can be changed with standard Bally/Early DE parts... And the machine is delivered with some spare parts. As of today, it is not a handle of dollars to add that will make the difference...

Improvement? Yes, a code update may change a lot of thing... But I don't know if it will ever come. I believe this pin may be worth of it...

Now let the trolls getting back to their spiting and bashing (Got a look in the top100 last week and it was rated 259... Strange it is not hte 10.000th ain't it? But change it with lower rates to flow down it's price... Some friends of mine may thank you for that )

See you

#4440 2 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Ok got to play Thunderbirds at Next level Pinball in Hillsboro Oregon and with the new ramp and must be new code it’s not an easy pin. Never got more than two ball multi ball and I had fun, I don’t think the buttons are that bad (yes a little deep but not that bad), the plastic lockdown bar was tight and was not a distraction at all.
But, the code is a mess! I get why people can trash it a bit the game code just was so sloppy sounds overlapped, some light issues I think, waited once for a ball release (lagged a bit). If someone cleaned that code up some it wouldn’t be that bad. I think the play field is tight but not al brick shots really.
Just not really deserving of all the hate if you ask me, I had fun, that is what matters.
I highly recommend Next Level pinball in Hillsboro thought it had to be the nicest arcade I have ever been to. Simply amazing, well maintained modded machines and every great machine and some not so great machines. But, so well done $20 all on free play…a must see if you are ever in Portland Oregon,

Hi, I share for the code...
The way for bonus management is ridiculous... And someone will have to explain for the 6th mission.
Anyway... Sound is OK (classic sound set on), but mission activation is strange... If no activation in the code (barely, I believe you can play all mission in one shot), there are some freezing in the middle not computing points at some time or recording a dedicated shoot...
I suppose it may be good asking Homepin for that

2 months later
#4489 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Is ownership necessary to having a view?

Yes! If not how can you know... You're only bashing!

#4490 2 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

do you own a homepin machine? what issue have you personally had with the build quality ?

Got a thunderbird.
Got a trouble with the right flipper. I have to explore the lattest service bulletin changing transistors on flipper driving cards to be sure (Right flipper stay on until you push the left one). Got an exchange with the Homepin support who is not giving the right solution, but I will give them a return when my problem will be solved.

Anyway, when you lift the playfield you immediatly see the difference with stern (who in comparison is a mess). The only con is some wire gauge (EOS) and coils are undersized.

Nevertheless, securizing the flippers with common Bally/willams and DataEast parts can be done by most of us...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Leveeger.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepin-official-thread-pinball-parts-machine-progress?tu=Leveeger and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.