Untitled (resized).png
hplockbar (resized).jpg
hpbuttons (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20200808_121939 (resized).jpg
16178194 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #29 Images of flipper coils being assembled in the Homepin factory. Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #31 Images of prototype Thunderbirds mechs. Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #46 MPU Testing: Image and Video Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #47 Pinball Cab CNC Tests: Images and Video Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #61 Fliipper Coil pictorial Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #122 Delivery trucks being loaded in China Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #130 Factory tour video Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #131 Flipper links & other assembly parts Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #142 The plastic used for flipper links Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #153 Flipper buttons Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jvspin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#638 6 years ago

Mike, in my opinion, if you stop posting here because of a troll the troll wins and you and the rest of us lose.

As other's have said, report it to the moderators. They can use the thread eject or sub forum eject tool to prevent a proven troll from posting in your threads.

If you don't open a moderator feedback discussion, they might not see the problem.

8 months later
#2091 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Inside the cabinet ....
rd

Fantastic! They don't build'em like that anymore. Good to see Homepin putting the quality back in.

4 weeks later
#2197 6 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Or less
This product could have completed 15 years ago per specs, now it can only compete per price. 4000 sounds ok if that is shipped to doors.

I disagree. If you're purely talking BOM, looks to me like Thunderbirds has more in it than any of the pre Iron Maiden Stern Pros or pre Alice Cooper Spooky's.

The orange DMD is a minus, but the EL back box sides are cool.

What does TNA have in it at $6K?

Game play and aesthetics are subjective.

3 months later
#2418 5 years ago
Quoted from rooky79:

I meant the machine as a whole. Just seems a few years too late and dated from what it looks like.

Lack of LCD makes a game look dated, but it's been only 1.5yrs since Stern released their first LCD game.

4 weeks later
#2529 5 years ago

I like the logo, though it may look a little large and out of balance on the instruction card. Maybe half the size would look about right.

1 week later
#2577 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

pinballstar I don’t think anyone is comparing it to a JJP or Stern LE but rather a Stern Pro. For around the same cost I don’t think there is even a comparison.

I disagree. In terms of playfield features, I think it has more going for it than SW. Whether it's fun to shoot is a different story. Will have to play it first.

#2580 5 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

its lacking compared to a 1986 Bally

Hmm...pretty big variation in Bally games in 86. Compared to a game like Strange Science, all of today's Pros are lacking when it comes to playfield features.

Certainly there have been advancements in eventual code depth, rgb lighting and display effects.

#2659 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Don't like me, fine, go and try doing it yourself or just keep buying Stern. Problem solved BUT get off my back when you have no connection to me or my business.

Reminds me a little of a doctor with a gruff bedside manner. Mike may lose a few sales due to the way he presents himself, but...

If the game is good, it will sell.

If it isn't good it won't sell. Doesn't matter how nice he is.

#2662 5 years ago

One way to look at it is if Mike is already in the hole 3mil and there are only 10 pre-orders to deal with, even if he paid $1000 each to ship to their door, it's a drop in the bucket at this point.

If you look at the big picture, maybe it's better to take a small loss to take care of your earliest supporters and generate goodwill.

1 week later
#2852 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Let me help you with that...you are kind of a hard guy to like for a lot of people.

That was a very long time ago. If I remember correctly, some people were really going after Mike at the time. I think partly due to his comments regarding the use of PC based control systems in pinball machines, like JJP, versus dedicated hardware like Bally/Williams.

He has since explained away those comments and made his machine compatible with the US.

#2855 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Let me help you with that...you are kind of a hard guy to like for a lot of people.

To me, Mike comes across as a passionate, no BS person who doesn't suffer fools and doesn't play nice just because it would be the "smart" thing to do.

Before he started on Thunderbirds, he would comment on how other manufacturers were doing it wrong and how he could do it better.

Never met him, so don't know if I would like him, but I do respect him for putting his money where his mouth is and for pushing forward through all the set backs and heart ache.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jvspin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepin-official-thread-pinball-parts-machine-progress?tu=Jvspin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.