Untitled (resized).png
hplockbar (resized).jpg
hpbuttons (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20200808_121939 (resized).jpg
16178194 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #29 Images of flipper coils being assembled in the Homepin factory. Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #31 Images of prototype Thunderbirds mechs. Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #46 MPU Testing: Image and Video Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #47 Pinball Cab CNC Tests: Images and Video Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #61 Fliipper Coil pictorial Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #122 Delivery trucks being loaded in China Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #130 Factory tour video Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #131 Flipper links & other assembly parts Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #142 The plastic used for flipper links Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #153 Flipper buttons Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider J85M.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#193 7 years ago

Cannot wait to see some reveals of the toys and mechs, thunderbird 1 or thunderbird 2 launch scenes involving pinballs oh hell yeah!

3 months later
#335 7 years ago

Truly amazing to see everything you have already achieved and working towards Mike, everyone says pinball is hard, but you are literally having to build it from the ground up, screws, switches, mechs etc its an amazing feat, cant wait to see the final product and if your plan is still to have the ball able to represent/replicate the Thunderbird 1, 2 and 3 launches from Tracy Island I will happily be a customer in line to support all your efforts.

#341 7 years ago

I remember mike mentioning the pin will have toys/mechs that replicate the thunderbird launches from Tracy island that alone sold this pin to me I cannot wait to see it and be able to order one! Great theme! Sounds like it's shaping up to be a great game! And Mike genuinely seems like a great guy who has come through a lot and accomplished to much truely remarkable.

#352 7 years ago

Works here Mike! Love the way Brains mouth moves very retro! But the text appears to be moving to fast it's almost blurry/hard to read, maybe an upward typewriter kind of scroll or still blocks of the text being shown? just a little feedback as I realise you stated your animators are only playing around.

#359 7 years ago

Yeah that's why I suggested a type writer style delivery for the text or present the text in block segments one screen at a time. Either way I love the retro feel/look to Brains.

1 week later
#395 7 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Our ply is 11 laminates and is exceptionally high grade and expensive - BUT - I believe worth the small extra expense per machine.

1 month later
#511 6 years ago

Artwork looks GREAT! Hell even the badge on the coin door looks GREAT! Really looking forward to seeing this come together down the home straight, congratulations on all you have achieved Mike truly a huge feat and I wish you nothing but success and look forward to seeing the final product, so I can order one

#518 6 years ago

Awesome design Mike, it's a shame other manufacturers haven't shown the same desire to modernise and update simple areas of a pin, your sling design looks super clean just brilliant!

#521 6 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

I wish it were true that we needed this many for pre-orderers of Thunderbirds. This was the minimum quantity I could order and that was after paying several thousand for the mould.
We will use them on future machines but again, it creates a storage problem that is getting more worrying.

Quoted from Homepin:

They are made to the EXACT specifications of the original Williams ones - EXACT!

There are probably ALOT of Williams owners out there that could help you with your storage worry by taking a hundred or so of those topper covers off your hands Mike

#522 6 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Possibly - it would pop the GI fuse if that happened.
We are concentrating on getting OUR machines into production before we are worrying about any outside sales of our parts. Excepting the replacement boards that we already make of course.

Great response Mike love the fact your 100% focused on your first game, but it would be great to see you expand the parts side of your business I have seen your boards and the workmanship and quality is exceptional, I would certainly be in line for any additional/upgraded parts you release down the road, like those LED slingshot boards they are just fantastic!

4 weeks later
#664 6 years ago

Let's get this thread back on track. FAB!

IMG_3370 (resized).JPGIMG_3370 (resized).JPG

#681 6 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

why has it got a DMD?
needs more Nixie tubes

I might be in the minority but I am pretty excited this has a DMD if the sneak peak at the DMD animations is anything to go by then custom dots on this game could be awesome and way better than just clips from the shows loosely tying into modes etc.

#691 6 years ago
Quoted from alpha70:

Mike is a bully and a wanker.

If your going to call someone out publically, you should at least be man enough to say why, world is full of tough guys behind keyboards.

1 week later
#774 6 years ago

Now thst is how you design mechs around your theme!

Take note Stern, that is how you design around your theme and not just design a random game and slap a theme on it!

Theme integration on Thunderbirds is going to be awesome!

#788 6 years ago

This really is a none issue, there are far bigger concerns in the pinball world (non delivered games, unfinished code, poor quality control) than whether or not to use mm or cm.

mm is the universal measurement, for accuracy and it's very simple to convert into cm on the fly, even for those like me who suck at mathematics.

#790 6 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

» YouTube video

Watching this again, it's just awesome how the mech has been built to replicate the launch sequence from the show!

I know other manufacturers would have just put any old off the shelf part like a VUK and consider it good/close enough, but the TB1 mech is going to look great sync with DMD animations, although after seeing that mech working I now kind of wish it was going to be sync'd with LCD footage.

Cannot wait to see Thunderbird 2 mech

#805 6 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Exactly, we've been fed so much crap for so long that we've forgotten what it's like to design a game around a theme.

Yeah, I love Sterns games, most my collection is in fact Sterns, but it definitely feels like they design a layout and then assign a theme to it, rather than assigning a theme to a designer and designing around the theme.

I cant recall the last time I saw a mech on a Stern and I instantly thought that is from..######.... The second I saw that video of the TB1 mech, I knew and even said out loud to myself "that's thunderbirds!", awesome mech and its only made me more excited for TB2 launch mech - easily the best launch in the show.

#852 6 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

Not necessarily, if these mechanisms are part of a Thunderbirds multi ball. I can I magine a five ball multi ball. Then these mechanisms can operate simultaniaously to release each ball representing T1-T5. It wouldn't slow the play down, only provide the requisite pause before the multi ball.
I'm not sure if this is how it will play out, but it's fun to speculate.

The whole 5, 4, 3, 2, 1... Thunderbirds are go, lends itself pretty well to these mechs offering up a pause to allow for that iconic countdown to playout.

I am not the biggest fan of stop and go play, my current collection shows that, but these mechs look awesome so I don't think I will have much of a problem watching these in action, like you said to start a multiball these will be pretty entertaining and its nice to see mechs being built round a game/theme, not what we have become used to which is all too often a game built and a theme slapped onto it.

2 weeks later
#873 6 years ago

Love that artwork, perfectly captures the feel of the show, looks great!

Is it just me or does Virgil and Gordon have there eyes closed on the translite?

#921 6 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Anyone in Europe?

Yeah Mike you cant build a pin that's shaping up and as good as this without a distributor in Europe

#924 6 years ago

Homepin #2?

To be totally honest I would buy that in a heartbeat to go with Thunderbirds.

#946 6 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Hey just a thought -- instead of a real knocker how about the sound of a shopping cart running over the foot of a small Chihuahua who then screams at the top of his lungs and pierces your ears?

Thank you for that, it's been a long day at work today and that just gave me a good giggle. Very true though can't imagine who thought that horrible screech was a good idea.

#952 6 years ago

Homepin hey Mike any idea when we might get to see the Thunderbird 2 (T2) mech? The video of the T1 mech was awesome man, would love to see the T2 mech up the right way, the little teaser video you did of the mech upside was such a tease.

#962 6 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Hahaha - I was waiting for the T2 model to be approved and the actual toy to be manufactured but we won't have that in time for Pinfest in Newcastle so I have had a few 3D printed and we will paint them up for the demo machines. (we didn't put anything on the machines we have on test sites).
I will try and get a short video this week of it operating.

Awesome thanks for the quick reply Mike, looking forward to this and the other toy/reveals.

Any chance you can tell us what will be represented in the game, you have shown Thunderbird 1 & 2 and mentuioned the mole several times and shown the mech for that, will there be a Thunderbird 3/4/5 mech?

#964 6 years ago

originally t4 was under the playfield
t5 is the topper

I know you say originally, do you know if this is this still the case Pete?

#966 6 years ago

Thanks Pete hopefully Mike can chime in and confirm. I totally missed the T4 thing which sounds awesome! And last I read I thought the topper was for pre orderers only.

#971 6 years ago

bassed on Mike has posted pictures of topper domes by the 100s, id say something is planned, just not the animated topper preorders get

I totally get Mike originally offering pre-order bonuses, but on the other hand prior to and since Mike announced Thunderbirds, there has been multiple pre order pinball companies collapse and ruin the pre-order model.

I am sure it put a lot off from pre ordering and waiting on the side lines, so it would be a shame if all Thunderbirds buyers couldn't get the Thunderbird 5 topper in all its glory and from what I have seen so far I imagine it would be fully interactive as Mike doesn't seem to do things by halves

It would also be more money going to Mike/Homepin which is surely a good thing for Mike and Homepin #2.

Ultimately its a shame a**holes like JPop, SkitB and clusterf**ks like Dutch and Heighway, have potentially lost Mike additional pre-orders he may have got a couple years prior to those above going down in flames and tarnishing the pre order model in this hobby.

And this is no disrespect to Mike as his accomplishments are to be commended, but I know after being extremely lucky to get out unscathed from Jpop and SkitB, it put me off pre ordering again and I did want in on Thunderbirds at the beginning, but my brain was telling my heart "not again".

#973 6 years ago

That's what I was trying to say Pete, the whole pinball industry/pre order model has changed massively, which is why I was asking/hinting if Mike has changed any of his plans since the initial announcement mainly those relating to the pre order exclusives/topper.

If this game continues to impress as it has thus far I would ultimately like to support Mike/Homepin as much as possible, Stern are offering up less and less but charging more and more, i am looking for that company that's offering more to their customers and if that's Mike I'd happily support him with pin purchases, add ins, topper upgrades etc etc

1 week later
#1001 6 years ago

The full game reveal cannot come soon enough for this title, genuinely love what I have seen so far and excited to see more - thunderbird 3 launch, thunderbird 4 lower playfield that someone mentioned above.

And the best part of it all, is seeing a pin being made without every corner being cut, attention to detail like backlit playfield level is so simple but just an awesome little touch.

1 week later
#1100 6 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Mike, it looks nice but I'd rather it just wobbled on a spring

joker.gifjoker.gif

#1102 6 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Yes, we also have a toy that does wobble on a spring BUT it is assisted by a tiny shaker motor

Mike someone mentioned TB4 would be represented in a lower playfield and TB5 the topper, have these plans changed or still the same?

#1104 6 years ago

Oh now that's just plain teasing!!

3 weeks later
#1226 6 years ago

All these new posts I was certain the game had been revealed and I was finally going to see the playfield and some gameplay

#1300 6 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

It's simply amazing how the keyboard commandos seem to think that what they say is gold...
Sorry you sad people --- you lose.....
Reality is that I will be in Newcastle Australia (yes, there are places outside the USA that really exist) next week and we will have a huge attendance and - - - well, let's see what REALITY has to say after that.
Until then how about you naysayers just crawl back into your little holes and shut up!
Hahahaha you sad little twerps!
(PS: thanks for the support from the "normal" people around here)

Mike I have been following your progress for a while now with Thunderbirds, I am not a member of the Aussie Forums so I don't know exactly what has gone on regarding Kaneda and comments you may or may have not have made in or out of any context.

And although I appreciate you don't care what others think, it would probably be beneficial if you set the record straight and put said comments in the correct context they where said in, regardless if people agree or disagree with your views/comments, allowing your potential customers to know exactly what was said gives them the ability to at least forum their opinion on facts and not hearsay.

#1309 6 years ago

Let Mike set the record straight on what was said and in what context etc, until then let's get this thread back on topic in.....

IMG_5733.GIFIMG_5733.GIF

#1388 6 years ago

You will all get this thread back on topic..

IMG_5783 (resized).JPGIMG_5783 (resized).JPG

#1407 6 years ago

Looks promising, packed playfield looks great, cant wait to see this thing flip and see some detailed gameplay.

#1425 6 years ago
Quoted from 7oxford:

Be great is some of the Aussies attending pinfest can post some early reviews on pinside.

Photos, videos, reviews, ill take anything at this point

#1480 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

The game looks cool. One real quick observation with the multiball sequence is it should start AFTER the 5-4-3-2-1 countdown, not during it. Simple timing change that would help alot with the the effect of multiball.

Totally agree that needs to be allowed to play out before the balls are released, when I was watching the video I was watching the DMD and didn't realise at 3 the balls where back in play, it is the most iconic moment in the series/licence so it should be given priority and allowed to play out to full fanfare. Game does look promising, I am certainly going to keep my eye on this as it develops further, so far it looks great.

EDIT: Is Thunderbird 4 represented anywhere??

1 year later
#3389 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

apparently an asian theme - possibly a kung fu I reckon, probably jackie chan fame - who knows and really it is only targeted at Asia

Seems a licence with wide appeal would be the best idea, Thunderbirds seem to be a pretty big flop, so making the next game a hit is a must surely!?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider J85M.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepin-official-thread-pinball-parts-machine-progress?tu=J85M and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.