Untitled (resized).png
hplockbar (resized).jpg
hpbuttons (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20200808_121939 (resized).jpg
16178194 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #29 Images of flipper coils being assembled in the Homepin factory. Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #31 Images of prototype Thunderbirds mechs. Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #46 MPU Testing: Image and Video Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #47 Pinball Cab CNC Tests: Images and Video Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #61 Fliipper Coil pictorial Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #122 Delivery trucks being loaded in China Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #130 Factory tour video Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #131 Flipper links & other assembly parts Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #142 The plastic used for flipper links Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #153 Flipper buttons Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Frogman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#286 7 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Once our production is running smoothly we will be in a position to offer parts and assemblies to others. It could be a year away before we are able to do that.

That's exciting since the quality/workmanship look first rate and the cost-basis is lower b/c the parts are manufactured in Asia.

3 months later
#710 6 years ago

While the updates about manufacturing every part of a pinball machine are interesting, I don't see this as a major indication of future success, as some have suggested. Supply chain control and cost containment can be valuable elements of a manufacturing business and Homepin clearly seems to understand how to engineer pinball parts. Still, like most businesses, pinball is hard and there's so much more than manufacturing the pin.

How the game shoots, the theme, artwork, code and support are all important aspects of running a pinball company, if the market and Pinside are any indication of what consumers expect.

Great food at a restaurant usually isn't enough to stay in business - location, leadership, staffing, knowing how to buy provisions, marketing and a host of other factors typically dictate success as much as good food. If the food sucks, then you're out of luck, regardless of the other facets of the business, of course.

If Homepin is a raving success and people are happy with the pins they purchase then everyone wins. Given what we've seen with other pinball manufacturers, not just recently, but throughout history, it's probably wise to reserve judgement before people start flipping games.

What I have seen, just via this forum, is an owner that's way too caught up with online battles and doesn't seem too concerned about the perception of his company when he posts in this and other threads on Pinside. which leaves a really bad taste in my mouth. I'm not just talking about addressing trolls, but posts that I consider as condescending, especially to those seeking help.

No need to thread eject, I'm leaving, draining, and moving on, but wanted to add my two cents before doing so.

11 months later
#2368 5 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

I played this at the NW Pinball show and I thought it was a beautiful machine but I agree with one comment that the flippers were weak. I think if they can resolve the weak flippers it would be a great game. It has a lot to do and is certainly a cool nostalgic campy theme. I think for what you are seeing them priced for new in the USA it is very fair priced (under $5k) - just wish the flippers weren't so under powered.
But - hey - I have played Houdini and I think the same thing - beautiful machine (don't care for the magic themes personally) very weak flippers, kind of slow. It certainly has Homepin beat on the display but it is also not even close to $5k. I would not buy a Houdini but some day a Thunderbirds if they fix the flipper issue is certainly possible.
I think people trashing this game are being unfair - be patient a little doesn't seem like a scam like Aliens, TBL, Magic Girl or any of that crap.

I own a Houdini and the flipper settings were too strong so I had to dial them back. I have 220amps in my basement. Speaking of American Pinball, they know that Pinball is hard, but shipped a machine is less than a year from prototype.

#2399 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

220 amps!
Do you live in a power station?
rd

Ha! 220v/20amp.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Frogman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepin-official-thread-pinball-parts-machine-progress?tu=Frogman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.