Untitled (resized).png
hplockbar (resized).jpg
hpbuttons (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20200808_121939 (resized).jpg
16178194 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #29 Images of flipper coils being assembled in the Homepin factory. Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #31 Images of prototype Thunderbirds mechs. Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #46 MPU Testing: Image and Video Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #47 Pinball Cab CNC Tests: Images and Video Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #61 Fliipper Coil pictorial Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #122 Delivery trucks being loaded in China Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #130 Factory tour video Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #131 Flipper links & other assembly parts Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #142 The plastic used for flipper links Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #153 Flipper buttons Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DennisDodel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from Platypus:

I would be interested in knowing more about the old Hankin pinball games.

http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?mfgid=2&sortby=name&searchtype=advanced

7 months later
#713 6 years ago

I really enjoy reading your production posts. I do not understand why you do not just ignore the comments you do not like. It's not that hard to do. When you get pissed off, they win. Please just ignore them.

1 week later
#770 6 years ago

Reminds me of the hidden volcano launch pad in 'You Only Live Twice'. 1967.

Edit: Appears that it is not much of a coincidence after all!

From the Wikipedia 'Thunderbirds' entry:
"The effects for all the APF series from Supercar to UFO were directed by Derek Meddings, who later worked on the James Bond and Superman films."

Probably old news to you Thunderbirds enthusiasts, but I never watched the show, so interesting to me as a Bond fan.

EDIT #2: Apparently it was just a coincidence, as evidenced from this quote found in a discussion of the film 'You Only Live Twice'.

"Eon Productions considered hiring Century 21 Productions - the company that made Gerry Anderson and Sylvia Anderson's Supermarionation shows including Stingray (1964), Thunderbirds (1965), and Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons (1967) - to help out with the film's Special Effects work. It would not be until The Man with the Golden Gun (1974), that Derek Meddings, Chief Effects Technician for the Andersons, would go to work on a Bond film."

I suppose the fact that they were considering using Derek Meddings may mean that EON Productions was aware of his work on Thunderbirds. But no solid proof that the volcano scene in You Only Live Twice was inspired by the swimming pool in Thunderbirds

3 weeks later
#889 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

FYI - from Facebook:
Ignore the "appearance" of the lockdown bar being bent. It's a trick of the camera lens.
This is one of the cabinets we will be shipping to Pinfest in Newcastle Australia 7/8th October.

Is the front rail locked all the way down? The shooter and door in this photo look lower than in the flyer photo.
Good looking game.

4 weeks later
#1115 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

The only problem I see with that is some dork shorting out their coils with it and taking out the transistors...

Rubber tips on the ends of the rods would help.

4 weeks later
#1400 6 years ago

I watched it right after the link went up. I was surprised when there weren't a bunch of posts talking about it. Now I know why. Nothing too exciting. The player was not very good.

2 weeks later
#1712 6 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

Yes, the boxes we place on planes are all custom hardware with ASIC and FPGA development. The architecture needs of an avionics platform is very different than a PC. The buses, communications protocols, cablings, etc. are very different. Weight and power are a big issue on planes. And there has to be a level of redundancy and failure-proofing that is different than what a PC architecture could provide.
Here is an example of our Fusion platform:
https://www.rockwellcollins.com/prolinefusion
Not unlike automotive certification. Very rigorous process to keep people safe.
Now back to pinball!

Hmmm...The same people who designed Gottlieb System 1 boards.

7 months later
#2278 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

2. If Homepin produces games with themes tailored to Chinese culture they can address a large segment of it that nobody else can address.

'The Great Wall'. U.S. version would be 'Trump'.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DennisDodel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepin-official-thread-pinball-parts-machine-progress?tu=DennisDodel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.