Untitled (resized).png
hplockbar (resized).jpg
hpbuttons (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20200808_121939 (resized).jpg
16178194 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #29 Images of flipper coils being assembled in the Homepin factory. Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #31 Images of prototype Thunderbirds mechs. Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #46 MPU Testing: Image and Video Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #47 Pinball Cab CNC Tests: Images and Video Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #61 Fliipper Coil pictorial Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #122 Delivery trucks being loaded in China Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #130 Factory tour video Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #131 Flipper links & other assembly parts Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #142 The plastic used for flipper links Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Post #153 Flipper buttons Posted by Homepin (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BobLangelius.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1827 6 years ago

Can we open a poll and vote to shut this F$%kmshow down??

Christ, He stole, but he didn't steal from me?????

Can we shut this down? How about now??

ARRRGHHHHH!!!!

7 months later
#2281 5 years ago

Pinball is completely new to the Chinese. You will have to put in a lot of effort to educate them so they understand the game. Reminds me of the “ isn’t it time for a simpler pin” thread.

Not sure what themes are going to fly in China... maybe hello kitty?, Doraemon?, maybe “ how to play pinball “ ?, maybe Supreme (every third thing in China says supreme on it)

3 weeks later
#2374 5 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

That’s because American Pinball are not having to make the parts themselves. They are getting their parts shipped in from outside suppliers off the shelf. Homepin don't have that luxury. They have had to build the factory from the ground up and learn how to design and build the parts that make up the pinball machine. That takes time and money and more time.

Yes, but that's not something that happened out of the blue. it was a business decision. I bet you can buy all that stuff in Australia....

#2388 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

And even if they were, all the parts would have to be shipped from the USA.
And anything custom made in small runs would likely be hundreds of dollars per unit.
Just the reality of living down this neck of the woods.
rd

Yes. But aren’t we talking about hundreds of dollars vs. years spent reinventing the wheel.

The question was about all the delay and , having to develop all the parts in China.
The delay is because they have to reinvent the flipper bushing....

A processs that I am sure is frustrating for everyone involved.

#2394 5 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

i talked to mike about this and it was an interesting insight into how things work in china. The painter was ( obviously) a new inexperienced guy not a professional paint man.
If they hired a professional to be a 'painter' in china he would refuse to do anything else. They would basically have to pay him to sit and smoke until the next painting task was ready. Its not just painters, a "driver" for example will only drive.. you cant even get him to sweep the floor. Just read the paper until its time to drive somewhere.
Imagine trying that on here? then again with our unions it might just work
Obviously they know they have to do better work on the shipping machines than they did when they rushed out a show sample to get it shipped in time.
You're right that paint isnt good enough. It looks like i did it lol ..im kinda amused someone paints as badly as i do

I hope Mike knows about "compensation" when you let someone go. 1 month salary for every year employed....

1 month later
#2673 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Wayne you are full of it. A 40' costs exactly double what a 20' costs from my broker but if you want to subsidise my customers please go for it.

I have found container prices are not that proportional:
XMN(CHina) to IL

20' $4900
40' $5800
40HQ $5800
45' $6900

Keep in mind some of that is trucking, but i don't find 40'=2X20'

XMN to LA

20' $2550
40' $3125
40HQ $3125
45' $3600

2 weeks later
#2916 5 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

air freight is $1800, plus a day off work to pick is up
sea freight is about $390, and i am willing to pay, but we have been told by the distributor that no containers are coming until January

Look into LCL shipping ( Less than a container load) . Look into working with your own forwarder ( i like Quartz Logistics). Of course this assumes Homepins's packing can handle LCL shipping....

These are options you can weigh against waiting till January. ( 2019 right??)

Good luck

#2919 5 years ago

Must have missed that. Sorry.

Good luck

1 month later
#3107 5 years ago

I find using a VPN allows me to use Facebook

2 weeks later
#3235 5 years ago

Ha! Good luck. They will squeeze you any way they can.

I always laugh when people ask why I never invested in Chinese real estate...

2 weeks later
#3279 5 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

What I don’t understand is, aren’t the buttons used by everyone else also made in China? Why can’t you just buy them from the same place?

Jeremy,
Although everything is made in China, They ( the average Chinese Purchasing agent) don't have a good handle on what is made where, They don't have a yellow pages, Supplier catalogs are something they don't even understand....

Every purchasing agent usually buys from a friend of a cousins, uncles, friend. I can find things in China better than my factory can find them.

Bob

3 months later
#3574 5 years ago
Quoted from bossgp:

First of all I never usually post on pinside but sometimes a guy’s got to stick up for the underdog

I thought the guys who paid for the pins years ago were the underdogs?...

#3620 5 years ago

Typical Chinese factory website. Put your logo here!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BobLangelius.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepin-official-thread-pinball-parts-machine-progress?tu=BobLangelius and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.