Topic Stats

• 3,987 posts
  • 385 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 days ago by Don_C
  • Topic is favorited by 169 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 749 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

truth (resized).jpg
screen-capture-8 (resized).png
rampage (resized).jpg
59546319_448232989282183_8360119207047725056_n (resized).jpg
IMG_2927 (resized).JPG
Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 7.47.02 pm.png
59546319_448232989282183_8360119207047725056_n (resized).jpg
99D1AA11-1443-414C-A49B-3B3177C76184 (resized).jpeg
59363232_447010972713392_259249182378819584_n (resized).jpg
2102F2C3-3B12-4112-AEFE-6F8EFFF1B965 (resized).jpeg
868710A0-56BB-496C-BEDA-7BA0D66E4FB6 (resized).jpeg
dial2 (resized).jpeg
AFF856C8-B022-4091-B5B9-6C804FB42F87 (resized).png
8824be65f84920aa21dccb4e9acf47da8522de5f (resized).jpg
D19AA2E9-F995-4396-81AD-9750E23E87BF (resized).jpeg
8AAFDB60-3AAD-4FB6-A920-94E6E6BEA833 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #29 Images of flipper coils being assembled in the Homepin factory. Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #31 Images of prototype Thunderbirds mechs. Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #46 MPU Testing: Image and Video Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #47 Pinball Cab CNC Tests: Images and Video Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #61 Fliipper Coil pictorial Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #122 Delivery trucks being loaded in China Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #130 Factory tour video Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #131 Flipper links & other assembly parts Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #142 The plastic used for flipper links Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #153 Flipper buttons Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #162 Coin door Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #188 Power supply Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #196 Rubbers Posted by Homepin (2 years ago)

Post #607 Final Artwork approved and being applied in test sizes Posted by Homepin (1 year ago)

Post #1020 Thunderbirds official flyer Posted by musketd (1 year ago)

Post #1103 Thunderbirds: First look under the playfield Posted by solarvalue (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 27dnast.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1289 1 year ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Reality is that I will be in Newcastle Australia (yes, there are places outside the USA that really exist)

Real nice stereotype.

#1296 1 year ago
Quoted from pinlink:

The best part is that he TRULY can't understand why he keeps getting banned.

He knows... and we all know.

He does have a point, however: there is a clear double standard and the rules aren't applied evenly across the board. There are some folks - especially here on Pinside - that clearly carry a Get Out of Jail Free card. It's one of the reasons Pinside has spiraled into its toxic state... and one of the primary reasons so many of the amazing voices that were part of the Pinside community years ago have chosen to leave.

#1312 1 year ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

So we all just want to leave it alone and talk about the pinball. It's ok because it's his culture and not a big deal. Heck he's our favorite guy in pinball now because he tells it how it is. Fair enough. Not one of you has used the words that he is accused of and admitted to using in any of your posts. So if it's no big deal use them. I dare each of you that has stated that it's not an issue or not a big deal to type the words and see how fast you get banned. I'll wait, but I doubt one of you will take me up on the dare.

You make a good point here. Mike at Homepin is saying this a big keyboard blow up and misinterpretation. I haven’t seen the threads at AA... but if they’re that innocent, he should copy and paste them here and explain what the confusion is. If someone was misinterpreting what I said/wrote, that’s exactly what I’d do.

#1314 1 year ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Id like to share a perspective.
Have any of you had a position taken, blown out of proportion, and then had podcasts
or youtube videos about you that produces a large amount of emails and crap, that even when explained, it doesnt end it or isnt believed?
Ive had it happen twice to me, and I cant begin to tell you how I felt. Its a new feeling, that I never wish to experience again.

Bottom line, this forum provides a perfect platform to discuss any issue. Open mic and you control the output. This Mike guy is saying it’s blown out of proportion. So instead of hurling insults and calling people idiots, he can quite simply post quotes of what he said and explain why they are being misinterpreted. It’s really that simple. If it’s truly not that bad, and a total mixup, this is a no-brainer path to clearing up the problem.

I, for one, don’t have any tolerance for ignorance. But I’m not the kind of person that writes someone off based on misunderstandings and misinterpretations - that happens.

From what I can tell, someone is accusing him of using the N word in a derogatory way... and disparaging homosexuals. Is this true? I don’t know... but rather than dodging and throwing flames, man up and be honest about what was said, what wasn’t said, and why it’s being blown out of proportion. Total no brainer and eliminates any ambiguity.

#1316 1 year ago

Kind of leaves me with a feeling of half knowing what the problem is. I take serious issue with his anti-American stance, though. Just not amusing.

#1319 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yeah well, Williams doesn't make pinball machines anymore.

Does homepin? As far as I can tell, they have haven’t shipped diddly squat.

#1325 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

And let's just say I'm not a fan of this everything has to be family friendly and politically correct attitude especially when it comes to pinball.

Who said anything about family friendly? Seems like the topic is about bigotry and bias... at least from what I can tell. Huge differences

2 months later
#2031 1 year ago
Quoted from Homepin:

We have organised a way to post updates fairly regularly on the TAG thread on Aussie Arcade. For those interested please check out that thread. (and by "those interested" I mean those who have a vested interest NOT random trouble makers who have no money down and no intention of buying a game).
I will not be posting updates here because there are no machines headed outside Australia and New Zealand for at least the next 12 months so there is no reason to post updates here - it just doesn't apply.
All you little trolls can crawl back into your holes and dream up some other rubbish to spout - I'll sign out again now.

So he took a break from tinkering with his pinball machine to "organize" a way to post updates on a forum.

1)turn on computer
2)open web browser
3)type on keyboard
4)hit send

Took weeks to perfect... but only a few key strokes to continue to offend the very audience that represents his customer base. Wow.

8 months later
#2721 10 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Thunderbirds is more a “Jetsons” sort of game, play wise. Nothing more, nothing less. A good game for a family or beginners, the same market that Jetsons was designed for by The Pinball Company.

Translation: it’s a flaming turd

#2724 10 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Way to project, hypocrite. No one is a bigger “snowflake” than you - anyone says anything critical of you: YOU MELT!!!!
It’s fascinating that you think everyone that’s nice is acting. A man so angry to the core like you can’t imagine someone actually just BEING nice. What a sad existence.
The fact that there’s such drama with this game is no surprise. The one thing that shocks me is that ANYONE bought a TBAG.

rarehero Greg - spot on. There are so many red flags with this head scratching anti-customer behavior, it's like Heighway, Dutch, and Zid got together and had a nightmarish love child. I wouldn't let my $5K touch this shit show with a ten foot pole. If this is the kind of crap this guy is willing to dish on a very visible worldwide billboard, imagine what it would be like trying to deal with him as a paying customer in non-public communication. Too many other NIB options from companies run by folks that value mature, bussiness-like, and genuinely friendly communication.

#2762 9 months ago

It stinks that people are being passed over... but anyone that preorders must know at this point (unless they’ve been living under a rock) that there’s widely known precident for these preorder manufacturers to beg, borrow, and steal to keep business moving forward. Is anyone really shocked that first shipments don’t align with what was promised? Frankly, just getting production games off the line is a minor miracle...

#2768 9 months ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

yes, I have been there before (JJP)
but even as late as last week, Mike was saying that those who pay first will get their games first
I paid, in full, five years ago.
his distributor in Canada will have games for sale to the public soon

I guess that’s the whole point... the only time you really know you’ll get what’s promised, is when a game is in a box and stocked at a warehouse.

Otherwise, you’re gambling on the hope that you’ll get what’s promised when it’s promised. Exhibit A: look at what Skit-B was saying even after the ball had dropped.

#2778 9 months ago

And i have been told that my game is in a box sitting in a warehouse in China
but there is currently no delivery set up for Australia

Your distributor has told you that?

#2780 9 months ago

i have been told that my game has been built and is sitting in storage
i have been told that unless i want to pay $1800 and get 8t airfreighted, then that is where it will sit until a container is ready to go to Australia, maybe November

Sorry, brother. That stinks!

#2834 9 months ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Not at all - it's really simple:
Machine is in stock waiting for the buyer to complete his end of the transaction (picture proof shown above)
Buyer needs to tell us how he wants to ship the machine (several options given with varying costs)
Pay the tax and shipping costs
Machine will be dispatched
Please stop reading things into what is a very simple transaction that the buyer is attempting to complicate for no good reason, that I can determine, other than to cause mischief? There is no underlying 'tactic' whatsoever. I just want to get machines to the buyers as quickly as possible and Pete is doing everything in his power to prevent this or to try and force Homepin to ship for free - that was not and is not the deal.
To date, machines shipped have been to pre-order buyers and a few for promotion of the machine to garner future sales. Without future sales we stall and NOBODY gets a machine. Is that what people want?
Nobody but Homepin and those buyers knows who is on the list of buyers so please stop this nonsense about who gets their machine "first".
Simple FACT - decide how to ship, PAY for this method, your game gets shipped. No conspiracy theory, no ducking or weaving, just simple business.
I note the ones commenting negatively seem to have some ongoing wish that Homepin fail - I have no idea why these few seem hell bent on attempting to bring me down but it's a pretty sad state of affairs that they seem to think that their behavior is beyond reproach when they are not in possession of the full facts.
At the end of the day it really isn't anyone's business apart from Homepin, our agents and the buyer. Others chipping in with wild accusations and incorrect and mostly defamatory comments have no business in butting in.

I get what you’re saying, but you gotta realize, when you coduct your business (and express views that ultimately directly reflect the values of your company) on an Internet forum discussion board, you are leaving everything you say up to interpretation and comment by anyone that reads it.

Pretty simple solution: don’t argue customer complaints or tackle direct customer issues on the internet.

#2837 9 months ago
Quoted from Homepin:

You are 100% correct however this customer has chosen to make all of his dealings public on this (and other) forums and we are simply stating the FULL story rather than parts of the arrangement that he is 'conveniently' omitting from most of his posts. That then incites some others to follow like sheep rather than think that there actually might be another side to what is being said.
Surely it's only fair and reasonable that we are able to put the full story out there to counter obvious bias?
Most buyers are quite happy with the way we are working to get their machines to them in the fastest possible time frame and for the lowest possible cost. One buyer stirring trouble, coupled with another half dozen professional troublemakers, doesn't assist anyone to get their machines faster, it actually has slowed us down.

Of course it’s fair that you choose to do that... however I can assure you that Stern and JJP also have customers dropping potentially damaging bombs here, too, and their tactic is to not engage, but to deal with customers through private channels.

Just food for thought

#2847 9 months ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Stern and JJP have the luxury of having an established track record which serves as a counterpoint to criticism though.
If I moaned about my personal experience with a NIB Stern pin here - for example - most people would either question my sincerity entirely, or simply write off my experience as "unlucky", because Stern have been around for years and produced several pins, so they must be doing something right...
At this stage as a relatively new and unproven company, with their first pin to market, Homepin are more reliant on word of mouth both to sell their products and reputation.
I've got no real opinion on this fiasco other than being grateful for not being involved at all. I do however think it is unreasonable for people to expect a 120kg (or whatever that is in lbs) pin to be shipped from China to Australia for nothing, or a completely unrealistic figure.
It sounds from the outside looking in that the resolution is rather quite simple - pay the shipping cost, get the pin. That there seems to be an endless desire to rail against this does lend credibility to homepin's suggestion that there is an agenda at work here.

with all due respect, have you been reading some of the highly questionable personal opinions being espoused by homepin and the method of customer responses the company has slapped onto the internet?

If the company is truly reliant on word of mouth and opinion, then they need to silence and let the delivery of games speak for themselves or radically change their approach to dealing with forum issues. Because from my perspective they are reading from the wrong playbook.

See the post above... perfect example

1 month later
#3102 7 months ago
Quoted from scott_freeman:

What target market is he going for?
Next, we can say, he is not going for the Facebook market, the twitter market, the instragram market, the Ausie Arcade market, ....
Maybe he wants the Zizzle, Noid, Jetsons, market?

Agreed. If Pinside weren't the target market, he wouldn't be in this thread arguing his ass off at every turn in the road.

3 weeks later
#3205 7 months ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

Something I just noticed on the new coin door: the double "D" hole for the lock has the flat sides vertical. That's not the way it is in the USA. We normally have the flat sides of the double D hole horizontal for the lock.

It’s another benefit of manufacturing directly in the middle of China!

3 weeks later
#3330 6 months ago

I wish I could say I feel sorry for the guy.. but you look back through this thread and see some of the nonsense and head-scratching comments he's made as the president of a company that's speaking directly to his buying base, and you really have to wonder. I'm all about supporting industry folk, but not if they're going to behave like that. When you plop down down coin on a NIB game – serious coin – you want to know that it will be backed from the top to the bottom of the company by competence and confidence... frankly, even if I liked TB, I don't think I'd risk putting money toward a product that's backed by support of someone willing to operate himself publicly in a manner like this. I felt the same exact way about Heighway (but for slightly different reasons).

I respect that some collectors are willing to look past this nonsense and only want to focus on a game or a specific title... I just can't.

#3355 6 months ago

At 1:48, the ball gets weirdly stuck... just after they comment that it’s a weird game. Coincidence?

I watch this and all I can think is: it looks like someone decided to remake a Data East game and they sourced music by hitting record after getting put on hold by the cable company.

1 month later
#3468 4 months ago

Apparently every shot is a jackpot shot.

2 months later
#3781 48 days ago
Quoted from pipes:

No, that's not correct at all actually. The box was completely in tact...not a scratch on it. The backbox has this stupid hump on the front so when it is folded down the entire weight of it rests on top of the glass instead of the side rails like in a normal game - aka, every single other game ever made. All they did was put a foam piece between the hump and the glass and strapped it tight. All of that pressure was focused solely on the glass itself. When the glass gave out and the backbox punched through, the paper thin side rails then got dented as a result...both sides exactly where the top of the backbox was resting when I unboxed it.
Please don't make excuses and put the blame on others for Mike's incompetence.

So what's the resolution?

#3784 48 days ago
Quoted from pipes:

Although he also blamed the shipping company, Mike did send me new side rails when I emailed him.
If you notice, the newer games do not have this hump on the backbox anymore...Hmm, I wonder why?
What Mike failed to mention however, is the fact that the side rails are glued to the sides of the cab. Needless to say, getting the old ones off was super fun. FYI, they WILL NOT come off without damaging the cabinet decals. Good luck to anyone that ever has to do this. I had to use the side rail as a guide to cut the decal with an x-acto knife so when I pulled the rails off, only the part of the decal covered by the rails peeled off the cab. When the new rails went on you couldn't tell there wasn't any artwork underneath. Being that they're so paper thin and cheap I realized why the rails had to be glued. They flex and bend and don't sit tight to the cab. What an experience.

UGH. That sucks.

#3794 47 days ago

The legend of Thunder Turds grows!

Man, the Bro crew gave the game a scathing review - their commentary on the buttons was hilarious.

#3810 45 days ago
Quoted from pipes:

It should start playing right at the Thunderbirds review. To all you "puppet aficionados" - Enjoy!

ThunderTurds is reviews at 1:03.30

Props to kevinbuffalo and gusphan for being honest across the board with their hot take impressions on all the games they discussed. Their rundown on HomePin’s box of bolts is scathing... but... sounds like it’s well deserved.

#3812 45 days ago
Quoted from Vintage2:

they'll probably receive a legal takedown notice from homepins lawyers

Why?

If you make a product, then it’s open to critique. They aren’t slandering the company... they’re simply giving their take on whether the game is good or not. In this particular case, they say it blows.

Is that a legal misstep? Hardly

#3821 45 days ago
Quoted from Vintage2:

He doesn't like any negative light about the game being public.

He should have made a better game

#3863 44 days ago
Quoted from embryon:

Well not good responses there. So what if homepin ditch pinball games and just manufactures pinball parts. Anyone interested or has tbag hurt that side of the business too let alone the Arcade side. Interested in your thoughts

Just as long as he doesn’t continue to manufacture flipper buttons.

So I played TBAG at Pinfest today. It was sandwiched between Mafia and ACNC. People were literally laughing at it. Groaning. Walking away shaking their heads. That’s really no exaggeration.

Someone said it earlier: there’s a game out there for everyone. So, technically speaking, someone in this world will like it. That’s probably the nicest thing I can say about it. You can use your imagination for the rest of my critique.
99D1AA11-1443-414C-A49B-3B3177C76184 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
$ 399.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 27dnast.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside