Untitled (resized).png
hplockbar (resized).jpg
hpbuttons (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20200808_121939 (resized).jpg
16178194 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 91.
#4501 2 years ago

Colour me curious...

#4502 2 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Colour me curious...

Is the color black?
Because, how much more black could this be?

1 week later
#4503 2 years ago

I thought that the Homepin Bally rectifier board was a good option for people to use. I was wrong. A friend just brought me one to repair for a shorted bridge and discovered this board uses non standard fuses. I don't know what kind are in there but a normal fuse is about 2mm longer. The replacement fuse hits one of the the end tabs which end up spreading the fuse clip for poor contact. If they had just spaced out the fuse clips away from each other 2mm more then it would have accepted either style fuse. Unless that is fixed I'm going to avoid this board. Anyone servicing their games is probably going to have standard US size fuses which will be troublesome with this board. It's really disappointing to see since it is an otherwise nice board.

#4504 2 years ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

I thought that the Homepin Bally rectifier board was a good option for people to use. I was wrong. A friend just brought me one to repair for a shorted bridge and discovered this board uses non standard fuses. I don't know what kind are in there but a normal fuse is about 2mm longer. The replacement fuse hits one of the the end tabs which end up spreading the fuse clip for poor contact. If they had just spaced out the fuse clips away from each other 2mm more then it would have accepted either style fuse. Unless that is fixed I'm going to avoid this board. Anyone servicing their games is probably going to have standard US size fuses which will be troublesome with this board. It's really disappointing to see since it is an otherwise nice board.

The fuses homepin was using were 6mm x 30mm which is close, but not exactly the same, as non metric sizes (3AG).

Its since been adjusted so 3AG fit as well.

FYI - 6x30 fuses are available from Pinball Life https://www.pinballlife.com/30mm-fuses-for-homepin-boards.html

#4505 2 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

The fuses homepin was using were 6mm x 30mm which is close, but not exactly the same, as non metric sizes (3AG).
Its since been adjusted so 3AG fit as well.
FYI - 6x30 fuses are available from Pinball Life https://www.pinballlife.com/30mm-fuses-for-homepin-boards.html

The version of the board I have here is V1.5 and If they have adjusted the spacing to widen it so they accept normal fuses then that’s excellent news. It’s a nice board but it was frustrating to find out that it used fuses most places in the US don’t carry or stock like the 3AG size. Especially when it was so close. Do you know what revision has the update?

#4506 2 years ago

The version of the board I have here is V1.5 and If they have adjusted the spacing to widen it so they accept normal fuses then that’s excellent news. It’s a nice board but it was frustrating to find out that it used fuses most places in the US don’t carry or stock like the 3AG size. Especially when it was so close. Do you know what revision has the update?

not off hand but its an excellent question. you'll hear back from me later when i poke around and find out

#4507 2 years ago

hi. just got full details about the original message from homepin on this ( the initial detail wasnt clear).

Turns out this was actually fixed today as a direct result of your feedback.

There have been a number of recent versions resulting from small differences due to changes with component availability. The newest is 1.8. The others are fine just different

1.8 Supports 3AG fuses as well.. So there you go .. your feedback resulted in it being a better product now. Well done that man.

#4508 2 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

hi. just got full details about the original message from homepin on this ( the initial detail wasnt clear).
Turns out this was actually fixed today as a direct result of your feedback.
There have been a number of recent versions resulting from small differences due to changes with component availability. The newest is 1.8. The others are fine just different
1.8 Supports 3AG fuses as well.. So there you go .. your feedback resulted in it being a better product now. Well done that man.

That will certainly help! Now we would be able to just keep regular 3AG fuses for all our games and focus on the correct Amp rating and style instead of also remembering and stocking an uncommon physical size for a specific board. Just makes maintenance easier.

I hope they can check any other boards with fuses and make similar adjustments so that the 3AG size will work on those too.

#4509 2 years ago

That will certainly help!

agree the 30mm fuses were a stupid idea. Im glad to see it fixed as well

5 months later
#4510 2 years ago

I just bought a 1.7 transformer and board from pinball life. Still has 30mm fuses. Fuse clips are kinda crappy. Can the clips be changed to accept normal fuses?

#4511 2 years ago
Quoted from SR230CC:

I just bought a 1.7 transformer and board from pinball life. Still has 30mm fuses. Fuse clips are kinda crappy. Can the clips be changed to accept normal fuses?

The fuse clips on version 1.7 and up are spaced to accept either metric or US fuses.
Metric are fitted from the factory.

The clips don't need changing, either fuse will just clip in.

If you want to stay with the metric ones Pinball Life stocks them.

#4512 2 years ago

My standard fuses don’t fit. I’ll look at it more.

#4513 2 years ago

Here’s a pic of a 3AG fuse and a metric one side by side. Post a photo of yours. I’m not sure what “your standard fuse” is

93ED0166-7AD9-4118-A43B-3F7717730DEC (resized).jpeg93ED0166-7AD9-4118-A43B-3F7717730DEC (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Mods
Decorations
$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
There are 4,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 91.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepin-official-thread-pinball-parts-machine-progress/page/91 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.