Untitled (resized).png
hplockbar (resized).jpg
hpbuttons (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20200808_121939 (resized).jpg
16178194 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 91.
#4451 2 years ago

I love the movie, but most people have not seen it.
The funny thing (to me) would be that several of the geezer band pinball machines are very close to self parody already. It would not take much to move over the line to deliberate parody in true Spinal Tap fashion.

#4452 2 years ago

Anyone heard more on the Topper,.. I've seen Mikes posts on FB that its being prepared,..but no further info to date

#4453 2 years ago
Quoted from mrWol64:

Anyone heard more on the Topper,.. I've seen Mikes posts on FB that its being prepared,..but no further info to date

as far as i know they're ready in Taiwan but most people have elected to wait for an eventual container they can hitchhike in rather than pay the airfreight on whats effectively a 10-20kg box due to cubic weight. If you're an owner send an email to [email protected] about it or reply to the post you saw. asking here where he wont see it doesnt help.

#4454 2 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

asking here where he wont see it doesnt help

He asked "anyone" not just the homepin dude, and he got direction and assistance from you; looks like asking here did help...

#4455 2 years ago

All good,.. ,.. I’ve been away in NZ for 5 months,.. so I wasn’t sure if they were ready for shipping or not,.. haven’t thought Pinball all that time,.. I’ll pop them an email ,… see what they say,.. seems there’s a lot of chat on FB about the new pin,.. and “features you’d like to see”,…

#4456 2 years ago
Quoted from mrWol64:

All good,.. ,.. I’ve been away in NZ for 5 months,.. so I wasn’t sure if they were ready for shipping or not,.. haven’t thought Pinball all that time,.. I’ll pop them an email ,… see what they say,.. seems there’s a lot of chat on FB about the new pin,.. and “features you’d like to see”,…

yep thats the story i last heard. basically they're too expensive to airfreight.

the new pin posts ( mike) and the feature posts ( mine) are unrelated but both a good bit of fun. glad you liked them.. post a reply why not?

#4457 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

looks like asking here did help...

"looks like asking here just make extraneous extra work for you to do for free chasing around multiple sites to help everyone" is more accurate but potato potatoe.. thanks for the 2c

#4458 2 years ago

Well the freight on the toppers shouldn't matter .
I pre-ordered my machine and even the original receipt states "includes topper ".
The fact that it didn't ship/ wasn't ready in time to ship with the machine should be on Homepin .
I already paid freight to get my order here which should've included the topper .
Now that they're finally done , Mike should be covering the freight .

#4459 2 years ago
Quoted from MIL:

Well the freight on the toppers shouldn't matter .
I pre-ordered my machine and even the original receipt states "includes topper ".
The fact that it didn't ship/ wasn't ready in time to ship with the machine should be on Homepin .
I already paid freight to get my order here which should've included the topper .
Now that they're finally done , Mike should be covering the freight .

Probably a fair point as it was the thing that ALMOST had me order. But with everything that went on free freight on these is probably a pipe dream. Hope you get them soon and it’s worth the wait.

#4460 2 years ago
Quoted from MIL:

Mike should be covering the freight .

Mike is covering the freight. (in the next container). People have been offered the chance to expedite it themselves if they wish. Most have declined.

#4461 2 years ago

Hey Mike,
Could you elaborate on the next title?
What are we going to see and September still on the radar?

Regards,
Cliff

#4462 2 years ago
Quoted from pintuck:

Hey Mike,
Regards,
Cliff

mike was chased away from here years ago cliff. the posts you have seen on fb are all thats released to show for the moment.

#4463 2 years ago

Its a music theme pin from a band .and the price will be much higher then the Thunderbirds pin he released

Another month or so till the release

#4464 2 years ago

While music themed pins aren’t my thing,.. will be interesting to see how Homepin price this next machine, landed in Australia. Might be their chance to have the only affordable NIB pin available for the average punter.

#4465 2 years ago
Quoted from pintuck:

Hey Mike,
Regards,
Cliff

Turn the volume up to 11.

#4466 2 years ago

I wanted him to remake Heavy Metal Meltdown - one of the few games i *really* like ...but it wasnt to be sadly.

#4467 2 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

Mike is covering the freight. (in the next container). People have been offered the chance to expedite it themselves if they wish. Most have declined.

Unfortunately we've heard this before Doug . Sounds like the same deal for the shipping of the machines and that went south . Will believe it when I see it . Be nice to be kept in the loop by Homepin rather than having to chase him up repeatedly for any info .

#4468 2 years ago

The new game has to be Spinal Tap, right?

229332462_1004746696964140_4979802284404151560_n (resized).jpg229332462_1004746696964140_4979802284404151560_n (resized).jpg

#4469 2 years ago
Quoted from MIL:

Unfortunately we've heard this before Doug . Sounds like the same deal for the shipping of the machines and that went south . Will believe it when I see it . Be nice to be kept in the loop by Homepin rather than having to chase him up repeatedly for any info .

i have no idea who you are so i cant make that happen .. if you pm me your email and game number ill be happy to make sure he emails you.

you say "having to chase him up repeatly. have you sent a single email about toppers that has gone unanswered? forward it if you have.

#4470 2 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

The new game has to be Spinal Tap, right?
[quoted image]

#4471 2 years ago

Man, I love Spinal Tap. Super funny movie, and the in-character DVD commentary is even funnier than the movie.

Is Joe Balcer doing the layout of the next game, or would it be Mike again? Cuz a Joe Balcer Spinal Tap game sounds intriguing.

#4472 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Man, I love Spinal Tap. Super funny movie, and the in-character DVD commentary is even funnier than the movie.
Is Joe Balcer doing the layout of the next game, or would it be Mike again? Cuz a Joe Balcer Spinal Tap game sounds intriguing.

Joe is out and wont be doing the next layout. That broke down long ago!

#4473 2 years ago

EDIT: Wrong thread

#4474 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Lyman on code though?

#4475 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Joe is out and wont be doing the next layout. That broke down long ago!

Oh, I had no idea. Feels like it was just reported that he'd be helping out. Guess time flies. Any word on who will be doing the designing going forward?

2 weeks later
#4476 2 years ago

official poster

TAP_small (resized).jpgTAP_small (resized).jpg

AGENTS - nitro, highway, pinballstar and others

#4477 2 years ago

It’s an ok license. Dad rock plus humor. Curious how the code turns out.

#4478 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

It’s an ok license. Dad rock plus humor. Curious how the code turns out.

yep lets see. Personally I cant judge it because i cant play well enough for it to matter but im certain there will be endless people who can.

#4479 2 years ago

Renowned Homepin build quality.

Are they taking the piss?

#4480 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Renowned Homepin build quality.
Are they taking the piss?

do you own a homepin machine? what issue have you personally had with the build quality ?

#4481 2 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

do you own a homepin machine? what issue have you personally had with the build quality ?

Is ownership necessary to having a view?

I have played one and formed opinions, and i have read all the comments about peoples perceptions of the flipper buttons, lockdown bars, lack of code etc.

#4482 2 years ago

pity there is not pictures or video available of the Chinese Zombie game that was being made
or the Porsche game

Quoted from punkin:

I have played one and formed opinions, and i have read all the comments about peoples perceptions of the flipper buttons, lockdown bars, lack of code etc.

Dont you know, negative opinions are only allowed if you have started your own pinball manufacturing company!!!!

#4483 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

yes it is. Otherwise you're a bandwagon jumper repeating "what you read online" (from unreliable sources) not someone with actual problems that can be solved.

the lockdown bar story for example isnt reliable. it for sure wasnt fitted properly. To move it had to be just sitting on the top of the mech - no one has ever yet posted a video of fitting one properly and having it still move around.

#4484 2 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

pity there is not pictures or video available of the Chinese Zombie game that was being made
or the Porsche game

oh there surely is .. .but it seems like you want them for less than constructive reasons...

#4485 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

You'll get to know Doug...he's Homepin's official bum sniffer....enjoy's telling everyone who has an opinion on the fool that they are wrong no matter what.

You're better to stop replying to him....either that or just go bang you're head against a wall....easier.

#4486 2 years ago

Done.

#4487 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I have played one and formed opinions

Seems like a sound basis for having one's own opinion to me.

#4488 2 years ago

Homepin’s next game revealed : SPINAL TAP !
PinballSTAR is the USA distributor for Homepin.

Are you ready to take your pinball experience to 11 ? If so and you want to know the details when revealed - pictures, features, video, pricing, ordering info - then you have to be on our email blast list !

Email Joe at [email protected] to get added to our interested / email blast list.

C69E6B69-A43D-4567-A15F-D32934E6B022 (resized).jpegC69E6B69-A43D-4567-A15F-D32934E6B022 (resized).jpeg
#4489 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Yes! If not how can you know... You're only bashing!

#4490 2 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

Got a thunderbird.
Got a trouble with the right flipper. I have to explore the lattest service bulletin changing transistors on flipper driving cards to be sure (Right flipper stay on until you push the left one). Got an exchange with the Homepin support who is not giving the right solution, but I will give them a return when my problem will be solved.

Anyway, when you lift the playfield you immediatly see the difference with stern (who in comparison is a mess). The only con is some wire gauge (EOS) and coils are undersized.

Nevertheless, securizing the flippers with common Bally/willams and DataEast parts can be done by most of us...

#4491 2 years ago

I don't get everyone's obsession with the flipper buttons, I've played heaps of games on Airplane and never had an issue with them

42660457_10217622292617245_8957520394525343744_n (resized).jpg42660457_10217622292617245_8957520394525343744_n (resized).jpg
#4492 2 years ago

I played TAG at pinfest

#4493 2 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:oh there surely is .. .but it seems like you want them for less than constructive reasons...

even Highway showed off their Bacardi (?) table

#4494 2 years ago
Quoted from Leveeger:

Got a trouble with the right flipper. ... common Bally/willams and DataEast parts can be done by most of us...

sounds like you had the original blue bushings? throw them in the river and put WPC ones in. The original ones can have a sleeve that fixes them sort of but its all together better to just put the good ones in.

#4495 2 years ago

Legendary. Build. Quality.

WMS fit's the bill.

#4496 2 years ago

Another potentially awesome theme.

Hopefully a better execution this time. Chunderturd was an awful first attempt, and ruined a theme I thought was one that was going to lend itself to pinball better than many. I do not own one, but have played one. I feel qualified to have an opinion. Especially as I am not biased - I just love good pinball! This was just not one of those.

#4497 2 years ago
Quoted from vegemite_nick:

Another potentially awesome theme.
Hopefully a better execution this time. Chunderturd was an awful first attempt, and ruined a theme I thought was one that was going to lend itself to pinball better than many. I do not own one, but have played one. I feel qualified to have an opinion. Especially as I am not biased - I just love good pinball! This was just not one of those.

After following Homepin progress from the beginning I feel like he makes good components and assemblies.
Love to know who is making the play fields and if they have problems.

#4498 2 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

Fair point, now I'll asked the same, do you own one doug? An advocate for a company or product would surely support the said company or product by actually owning the said products? Endorsement or defending something is the same as someone slagging something they don't own. Now if you base your opinions on playing the game and all the touchie feely stuff, then those that also have played and touched the game deserve an opinion and should not be classed as trolls etc. Just my thoughts.

#4499 2 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Love to know who is making the play fields and if they have problems.

From memory Thunderbirds had a PETG hardtop-style playfield.

#4500 2 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

From memory Thunderbirds had a PETG hardtop-style playfield.

Correct or a hard top of some sorts

There are 4,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 91.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepin-official-thread-pinball-parts-machine-progress/page/90 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.