Topic Stats

• 4,311 posts
  • 401 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by wiredoug
  • Topic is favorited by 167 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 769 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20200808_121939 (resized).jpg
16178194 (resized).jpg
taiwanmike (resized).jpg
4D4A3346-0315-415D-B99B-68DA9933C456 (resized).jpeg
inside (resized).jpg
outside (resized).jpg
84584653_635900340515446_416112507699068928_o (resized).jpg
2DCC7FE2-B3A0-42C0-8990-9954D1BCA5D7_1_201_a (resized).jpeg
974F5C1E-9523-4DAA-9379-A3000F8A641C (resized).jpeg
83059929_160014771965732_3982039144204337152_n (resized).jpg
60BE80EE-1964-4CB7-8493-93C2283952B6 (resized).jpeg
F18DDEF4-7FB5-46E6-B018-5CD180662B86 (resized).jpeg
20200111_063452 (resized).jpg
81781551_618896412215839_6759575124225032192_n (resized).jpg
screen-capture-4 (resized).png
73209863_556397155132432_4970388802087419904_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4311 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 87.
#401 3 years ago

We don't have the space for anything larger at this factory. Should we move we will consider making a second paint booth but at this stage I don't think we need it.

#402 3 years ago

we'll build a bigger one in the Melbourne plant mike

#403 3 years ago

It has to be remembered that Homepin is a new startup. We certainly do not have unlimited funds to get the job done. I would like nothing more than a factory twice the size, more engineers, bigger storeroom, air conditioned offices etc etc etc etc

There is only so much money I have to spend on every single item so, in the case of the spray booth as well as many other things, we built it to fit in the space we have available and to do the job we need to do right now.

Should we start selling 100 machines a week we will likely have the cash to then move to a bigger factory, hire 50 extra staff, build a bigger paint booth, air condition my office and all of the other things that would be 'nice' but currently simply not possible.

I can assure everyone that any budget that I had for this project has blown out 10 times over.

#404 3 years ago

I applaud you for having any type of spray booth, large or small. In NZ most paint shops don't have any booth! As per council requirements, you can spray for no more than 20 minutes every hour with no booth. You can paint a car in 15 minutes once prepared so most don't bother. Now painting 2pac is a different story but for lacquer or enamel, go for it.

The reason you will succeed is the stance you have taken. Heck we've all seen pics of Heighway's factory or different factories over the years, large in size but completely baron of staff and most importantly pinball machines. Walk before you run.

#405 3 years ago

Love seeing the updates over the last few weeks, Mike! Might have to make a special trip up to Pinfest from Melbourne to play it.

#406 3 years ago

I've marked 3 posts as key posts this past week. Several major milestones and goals, and its exciting to see Mike so close to the finish line.

#407 3 years ago

$4100? Just a rumor? Could this really be the price? If so, it could be a big seller.

#408 3 years ago

It depends what's in it. I like the theme, so looking forward to how its implemented.

Quoted from Russell:

$4100? Just a rumor? Could this really be the price? If so, it could be a big seller.

#409 3 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Where'd you hear that price?

I doubt it will be that low initially, even if it's the kind of price point Mike intends to hit medium or long term. Simply because, if it's a decent machine, then there's no way they'd be able to keep up with demand - see discussion above about size of the production facility.

#410 3 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

The normal retail price is estimated to be ABOUT (and please don't take this as gospel at this stage) AU$6999.
This equates to ABOUT US$5250 in todays money. This will be for a machine that will have many more "bells & whistles" than some others on the market and will be built with Homepins already well regarded high quality.

#411 3 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Where'd you hear that price?
I doubt it will be that low initially, even if it's the kind of price point Mike intends to hit medium or long term. Simply because, if it's a decent machine, then there's no way they'd be able to keep up with demand - see discussion above about size of the production facility.

KPP

#412 3 years ago

Russell and all recent followers,See post #87 and #88,where you will find a couple posts about.........possible.....very early and some minor-and "Nothing set in stone" about some ambitious and hopeful price points.

I am excited to see this come to fruition as well..............and pretty much all in if it can be pulled off for 5K ish,Mike has stated that he is aligned/aligning with Pinballife here in the USA.

#413 3 years ago

cool, us early buyers seem to get a bargain

edit
and we get a topper

#414 3 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Or it just could be a rumor.

#415 3 years ago

FAB

#416 3 years ago

Looks like China will be the new nr1 pinball production Country

makes sense

for europeans it could only be cheaper

#417 3 years ago

Clearly just a rumour, see Mike's estimate above. However, I guess if the AUD or CNY drops in value enough (not sure which is more important to Homepin) then the price in USD might reach that level.

#419 3 years ago

Amazon Video launched Season 3 of Thunderbirds today.

#421 3 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

How many ramps / flippers?

About 8000 in stock.

#422 3 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

About 8000 in stock.

Let's see....first run of 1000 games, so that's 2 ramps and 6 flippers in each game.

#423 3 years ago

I would assume the post 3 above this...............is asking,with shorthand and very minimal wording.This is a complete assumption,but would make sense.

Hi Mike,I was interested to know how many flippers will be in the Thunderbirds pinball machine ? and how many ramps can we expect ?

#424 3 years ago

I believe Mike will ramp up production once the initial game get out and people see how awesome it is

#425 3 years ago
Quoted from v8torino:

I would assume the post 3 above this...............is asking,with shorthand and very minimal wording.This is a complete assumption,but would make sense.
Hi Mike,I was interested to know how many flippers will be in the Thunderbirds pinball machine ? and how many ramps can we expect ?

I believe Mike's answer was sarcasm and he means wait and see.

#426 3 years ago

Here is a fantastic documentary on the Thunderbirds. It focuses on how they recreated the original puppets and made three new episodes of the original Thumderbirds using old audio plays from the sixties. It shows how they made the puppets and perform the Supermarionation. Brilliant stuff. Enjoy!

#428 3 years ago

Second topper cover sample from the vacuum forming factory - looks very good 'in person'.

They made a few tweaks to our mould and they are ready to produce now.

topper_sample (resized).jpg

#429 3 years ago

Checking the new serial number stickers fit OK. Looks good so far.

serial numbers (resized).jpg

#430 3 years ago

Already up to 10009!

#431 3 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Already up to 10009!

The printer made a few extra 'random' sheets when he was setting up so I'm using those for testing.

#432 3 years ago

Noice, getting closer

#433 3 years ago

Made by Sum Ting Wong

#434 3 years ago

Lighten up people, relax. All in good fun, he stuffed up the label sheesh✌

#435 3 years ago

This has been the best/most informative thread I've read on pinside. Super cool for you to keep updating and showing us behind the curtain. Can't wait to see this project completed and hope for much success to you.

#436 3 years ago

Another batch of legs arriving from the powder coaters.

legs2 (resized).jpg

legs1 (resized).jpg

#437 3 years ago

We are doing a new run of Getaway turbo driver boards.

Getaway_Turbo_Boards (resized).jpg

#438 3 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Another batch of legs arriving from the powder coaters.

I've always been a sucker for a good set of legs.

#439 3 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

We are doing a new run of Getaway turbo driver boards.

Do u have a designer, or did a company simply reverse engineer the existing? Any other board replacements in the future?

#440 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Do u have a designer, or did a company simply reverse engineer the existing? Any other board replacements in the future?

We do ALL work ourselves, in house. We do not farm out any work like this. I am an electronic engineer as is Sid (both Australians) and we work in the factory full time and supervise all staff daily. Homepin makes an extensive range of replacement boards for older pinball machines. Probably about 30 different ones in all.

This pinball project won't work any other way. People who simply "farm work out" to Chinese companies very often find themselves in heaps of trouble. I am asked weekly to help "pick up the pieces" for companies who find themselves "screwed over" by not understanding how things work in China. As recently as yesterday I was asked to help a very large company who farmed out some work to a Chinese company and found their IP compromised.

In addition to myself & Sid, Homepin employs two Chinese electronic engineers and a dedicated PCB designer to initially set things up under our direct, daily supervision. We are about to employ two more engineers as well.

In the case of this particular board, I personally re-designed it several years ago but only ever made small batches in Australia. I put up a thread on Aussie Arcade at the time (4th Sept 2012). Thread here for anyone interested:

http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/53766-NEW-BOARD-Getaway-Turbo-Magnet-Driver-PCB-A-15189

Having the factory here in China allows Homepin to build much larger quantities of our complete range of replacement boards far more easily than I ever could in Australia. I use the build of these boards to fill small gaps in production of our pinball and Hankin tables so there is always something for the staff to do.

Our USA agent for replacement boards is Pinball Life and they have a dedicated "Homepin Store" page on their website.

I hope the above clarifies things for those not familiar.

#441 3 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Our USA agent for replacement boards is Pinball Life and they have a dedicated "Homepin Store" page on their website.

I see 3 products on their site you said you have about 30 different replacement boards.

http://www.pinballlife.com/?p=catalog&mode=catalog&parent=503&pg=1&pagesize=100

#442 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

I see 3 products on their site you said you have about 30 different replacement boards.
http://www.pinballlife.com/?p=catalog&mode=catalog&parent=503&pg=1&pagesize=100

PL have run out of some items and haven't restocked. I can't force him to place an order.

#443 3 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

PL have run out of some items and haven't restocked. I can't force him to place an order.

it would be nice to know what would be available .

#444 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

it would be nice to know what would be available .

I agree but there is more to the story than I wish to post publicly. I will be quick to say it has NOTHING to do with PL, I think Terry is a 100% stand up guy.

Sometimes things are not what they might seem looking from the outside.

We are changing to a new stock control system and when that is completed I will post the full list here.

#445 3 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

I agree but there is more to the story than I wish to post publicly. I will be quick to say it has NOTHING to do with PL, I think Terry is a 100% stand up guy.
Sometimes things are not what they might seem looking from the outside.
We are changing to a new stock control system and when that is completed I will post the full list here.

A party with a 3 letter acronym comprised of 3 consonants making unsubstantiated threats towards PL?

#446 3 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

A party with a 3 letter acronym comprised of 3 consonants making unsubstantiated threats towards PL?

Well who could that be?????

#447 3 years ago

To put any gossip to bed it's USA customs being particularly dumb.

#448 3 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

USA customs being particularly dumb.

Probably dumb by reasonable standards, but most likely par for the course with any USA government agency.

#449 3 years ago

Fantastic Mike!
I have just seen this topic

#450 3 years ago

Busy wiring the new jig so we can test each Getaway HSII Turbocharger Driver board in our Getaway machine before packing.

GetawayJig (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 3.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball USA
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 19.99
$ 29.95
$ 27.50
$ 199.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
There are 4311 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 87.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside