Untitled (resized).png
hplockbar (resized).jpg
hpbuttons (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20200808_121939 (resized).jpg
16178194 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 91.
#4251 4 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

You wont change WD's tune, he will keep defending Homepin business until the end of time

listen to pete. hes wise. some of you other clowns not so much.

You need to understand Im not a crackhead style pinball obsessive like many here. I really dont care about most of the crap you do. Im not swayed by hero designers or fanboy stuff. Honestly i had no idea who 'ben heck' even was when he first got mentioned here. I really dont give a hoot about the "latest game" or who got what "topper" or who drew dicks on the side of a game.

Everyone has a hobby though. im a fixxer. a corporate toecutter. I help people make businesses work even if it means breaking some things.. I do it for free though so i can afford to pick and chose when i care. If anyone had a genuine new case of theft I would have looked at helping. But its all just entitled dribble. "wahhh i didnt get my free extra yet" isnt an issue worthy of my time. Its been answered already ( twice from memory). the code thing was messy but its been answered as well. i cant do anything about that one. Mike didnt use my suggested programmer. I dont know who he used and chose not to care.

Dribbling trolls bringing the same sludge up over and over again doesnt help anyone now. It just makes you look like petty and hateful sad little tards. Once again for the arrogant peanut gallery going on and on about shares... i do it for free. How many times do I have to say it?

Sadly as one of my other wise friends put it. "rich wankers will never understand normal blokes helping each other for no reason."

#4252 4 years ago

Beautifully written Doug. That really tugs at the heartstrings.

#4253 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Beautifully written Doug. That really tugs at the heartstrings.

daww.. sniffle..

being sent replacement parts when the courier smashed your game clearly didnt?. You were bailed out at mikes cost when the courier smashed up your game but no no you're apparently his new enemy for life hey? or do you just like trolling vendors? time to move on pinball man.. find a new war for your keyboard to play in.

#4254 4 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

daww.. sniffle..
being sent replacement parts when the courier smashed your game clearly didnt?. You were bailed out at mikes cost when the courier smashed up your game but no no you're apparently his new enemy for life hey? or do you just like trolling vendors? time to move on pinball man.. find a new war for your keyboard to play in.

The courier didn't smash the game, it was Mike’s shitty packing job and that stupid hump he designed on the front of the backbox that went through the glass. The box didn’t have a scratch on it. Always placing the blame elsewhere Doug. Not surprising.
If you fold the backbox down, that hump touches the glass so the full weight of the backbox rests squarely on the glass. Who in their right mind thought this was a good idea? You or Mike? Stop with the bullshit Doug.

#4255 4 years ago

QUOTE "Sadly as one of my other wise friends put it. "rich wankers will never understand normal blokes helping each other for no reason."

you think this post helps Doug? good grief man.

#4256 4 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

little tards.

Good lord

#4257 4 years ago

I think Doug has finally lost it

#4258 4 years ago

It does not matter what you guys post, HomePin is a dead company
Nobody liked game 1
Game 2 is not marketed towards people outside China

Coronavirus will be the finishing touch

#4259 4 years ago

nope pete sorry to disappoint you but he dodged the bullet.. had already moved when it got bad

https://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/drive/coronavirus:-when-will-we-return-to-business-as-usual/11959760

#4260 4 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

nope pete sorry to disappoint you but he dodged the bullet.. had already moved when it got bad
https://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/drive/coronavirus:-when-will-we-return-to-business-as-usual/11959760

Regardless of peoples thoughts about Homepin, and Mike in particular, this interview is an interesting insight into the impacts of covid19 on manufacturing in China.

For those who can't be arsed or are unable to listen:
- The factory in China is potentially closed until early March at the earliest.
- Authorities prioritising factory inspections with >500 employees.
- No rent relief during the downtime.
- Salaries still have to be paid to staff even though they aren't working.
- Effectively manufacturing, or at least significant parts of the supply chain pretty much moving to Taiwan.

#4261 4 years ago

Just in the last half an hour, Mike has posted this photo of the new factory location in Taiwan.

taiwanmike (resized).jpgtaiwanmike (resized).jpg
#4262 4 years ago

And what has happened to his loyal staff in China? They moved to Taiwan as well?

#4263 4 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

And what has happened to his loyal staff in China? They moved to Taiwan as well?

They remain on the payroll I guess until such time as the factory in china closes. At the moment during the virus outbreak staff are being paid to stay at home.

#4264 4 years ago

By the sound of his interview, they will have no issues finding work

#4265 4 years ago

So the Chinese Zombies game is now going to have to be imported into China? Isn’t that a pretty big PITA?

#4266 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

So the Chinese Zombies game is now going to have to be imported into China? Isn’t that a pretty big PITA?

Not really. The EFCA reduces pretty much all the tariffs, fees and importing issues around goods between China and Taiwan. China is a big country I doubt it'll make a huge difference to shipping costs in the grand scheme of things, but it is a bit ironic that a pinball machine specifically aimed at the Chinese market, is no longer being manufactured there. But needs must I guess. Any additional issues arising from importing into China from Taiwan is probably offset by it being slightly easier to go from Taiwan to ROW because of closer proximity to ports.

#4267 4 years ago
Quoted from Mercifull:

Not really. The EFCA reduces pretty much all the tariffs, fees and importing issues around goods between China and Taiwan. China is a big country I doubt it'll make a huge difference to shipping costs in the grand scheme of things, but it is a bit ironic that a pinball machine specifically aimed at the Chinese market, is no longer being manufactured there. But needs must I guess. Any additional issues arising from importing into China from Taiwan is probably offset by it being slightly easier to go from Taiwan to ROW because of closer proximity to ports.

And maybe the internet isn’t always on lockdown. I’m still curious about the ICB clone arcade game. There was a picture of the cabinet for that recently but not much else that I’ve seen.

#4268 4 years ago

Looking back at my original post about the condition of my game when it arrived, it's hilarious how far Doug goes to defend his buddy. Take a trip down memory lane with me Doug. Read all your bullshit responses...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepin-official-thread-pinball-parts-machine-progress/page/76#post-4968941

Did you forget about all that when you wrote this ridiculous nonsense?

Quoted from wiredoug:

daww.. sniffle..

#4269 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

And maybe the internet isn’t always on lockdown. I’m still curious about the ICB clone arcade game. There was a picture of the cabinet for that recently but not much else that I’ve seen.

Two weeks ago Mike said this regarding Ride The Wave (the Ice Cold Beer clone) in response to a query about UK distributors:

"As can be seen the machine is still in the design and refine phase. We don't have a fully finished and polished unit ready for final production and therefore don't have anyone at this stage in the UK for distribution. We do have several working prototypes but they are all being collated into the finished machine. Once final product is being built we will then seek out a suitable agent and advise people. The purpose of showing things here is so people can see in advance what we are working on."

#4270 4 years ago
Quoted from Mercifull:

Two weeks ago Mike said this regarding Ride The Wave (the Ice Cold Beer clone) in response to a query about UK distributors:
"As can be seen the machine is still in the design and refine phase. We don't have a fully finished and polished unit ready for final production and therefore don't have anyone at this stage in the UK for distribution. We do have several working prototypes but they are all being collated into the finished machine. Once final product is being built we will then seek out a suitable agent and advise people. The purpose of showing things here is so people can see in advance what we are working on."

I hadn’t seen that bit. This being a ticket game makes it a good fit for my little location. 10 pins and a few ticket games with a small prize setup. The adults (sometimes) play the pins and the kids only play the ticket games.

#4271 4 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

His supply chain is borked, so he might not be sunk, but he has a long uphill to be "normal".

p.s. I'm on Doug's side and I can't stand Mike.

#4272 4 years ago

the interview comes off that he had the foresight to pay his staff out before the virus so they would already be moving on to another job but a week ago he is whinging that he can't start work as they have the working police sitting out the front stopping work. Sounds like China is in chaos but also sounds like typical Mike. Pretty sure a while back his girlfriend is from Taiwan so sounds like would help in the setting up.

in saying that he can't come back to Aus now as he has lost 95% of his aussie support base.

#4273 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

in saying that he can't come back to Aus now as he has lost 95% of his aussie support base.

So Doug makes up 5% of his support base? Thought he had a bigger stake than that.

#4274 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

he can't come back to Aus now as he has lost 95% of his aussie support base.

pinball forum people are a much smaller percentage of retail customer base than you seem to think

#4275 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

His supply chain is borked, so he might not be sunk, but he has a long uphill to be "normal".
p.s. I'm on Doug's side and I can't stand Mike.

you're right its a big job but theres quite a collection of establshed local connections to call on so its not entirely borked.

#4276 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

no its second hand things that are a pita to import . new is ok

#4277 4 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

pinball forum people are a much smaller percentage of retail customer base than you seem to think

Wasn’t basing it on forum pinheads but you point is valid but you would be mad to ignore those sales. You only need to go to a meet and one person talks negatively to his mates who might not be on a forum and they hear quickly.

#4278 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

The courier didn't smash the game, it was Mike’s shitty packing job and that stupid hump he designed on the front of the backbox that went through the glass. The box didn’t have a scratch on it. Always placing the blame elsewhere Doug. Not surprising.
If you fold the backbox down, that hump touches the glass so the full weight of the backbox rests squarely on the glass. Who in their right mind thought this was a good idea? You or Mike? Stop with the bullshit Doug.

That hump destroyed my game too . Lucky my distributor PinballStar takes care of me very well .

#4279 4 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

So why are you here?!?

Why are there updates here?!? This community, or 95% of this community, clearly thinks that not only you, but Mike are.....how to put this a nice way.......better yet, I was always taught if you don't have something nice to say......so i'll leave this blank..

You are better off advertising in Womans Weekly, or The Times, or The China Daily than in here.

#4280 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

you would be mad to ignore those sales. .

ignore is the wrong word. "willingly tolerate the lack of" is closer but the point is the show goes on at whatever cost.

those wishing failure on others for their own gratitude will be sadly disappointed. "oh well"

#4281 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer31520:

PinballStar takes care of me very well .

i hear they're really good guys also.
...notice hes not on here making things personal and going off on an "im going to ruin you at all costs" crusade?

#4282 4 years ago

Thanks for the personal attack Doug. Hope it made you feel good, your friendly ‘clown’. Sad that customers get treated like this. Hope you’re more respectful towards Mike’s new customers.

I just sold my game so I can move on. Just remember truth is the best policy. The Pinball community is small. Cheers Bobo

#4283 4 years ago

You've never heard of bozo the clown?

#4284 4 years ago

As an interested observer of Homepin with no skin in the game I am frankly astonished at the sewer this thread has become. Just people sniping at each back and forth like friggin' children, I can't even figure out what you are all whinging about.

Why don't you meet up at the bike racks after school and beat the shit out of each other and get it the fuck over with?

Some of us are are *still* interested in the trials and tribulations that Homepin is working through, it's a facscinating story really. But not worth churning through this constant negative BS.

#4285 4 years ago

where is the fun in that?

#4286 4 years ago

Rick and Morty vs Homepin? I think Rick and Morty would be more fun and hold its value longer.

#4287 4 years ago

Look out TAIWAN, your name will be tarnished very soon, HOMEPIN is coming. Forget corona virus

#4288 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Rick and Morty vs Homepin? I think Rick and Morty would be more fun and hold its value longer.

The way it's looking, Rick and Morty is going to hold it's value better than anything made in the last 20 odd years

#4289 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

As an interested observer of Homepin with no skin in the game I am frankly astonished at the sewer this thread has become. Just people sniping at each back and forth like friggin' children, I can't even figure out what you are all whinging about.
Why don't you meet up at the bike racks after school and beat the shit out of each other and get it the fuck over with?
Some of us are are *still* interested in the trials and tribulations that Homepin is working through, it's a facscinating story really. But not worth churning through this constant negative BS.

Wiredoug alt account

#4290 4 years ago
Quoted from Vintage2:

Wiredoug alt account

nope i dont need two. ill happily say what i have to say in this one. I dont understand why you're STILL here trolling .. are you really this lonely? Or still upset becuase we pointed out your crappy card whiz respray 5 years ago? We've never had anything else to do with you so why are you here STILL POKING AWAY desparately tying to make trouble? get some help man. call someone. you're not funny or clever. All you're achieving is just rooting it up for people who are interested in the update posts im helping mike share.

#4291 4 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

nope i dont need two. ill happily say what i have to say in this one. I dont understand why you're STILL here trolling .. are you really this lonely? Or still upset becuase we pointed out your crappy card whiz respray 5 years ago? We've never had anything else to do with you so why are you here STILL POKING AWAY desparately tying to make trouble? get some help man. call someone. you're not funny or clever. All you're achieving is just rooting it up for people who are interested in the update posts im helping mike share.

Don't even know what you're on about pal and never owned a card wiz ???? I have dmd games
Look at all the downvotes for your comments in here, nobody likes you

#4292 4 years ago

You and Mike have such horrible attitudes then wonder why people react badly to it, it's the definition of insanity

#4293 4 years ago
Quoted from Vintage2:

... nobody likes you

I do.

#4294 4 years ago

ahh right . .so you'e not the same vintage from AA hey? mmmkay. sure cool. i hear you.

im not here to make friends. its of no consequence if "no one here likes me" sorry. hope thats ok with you.

3 weeks later
#4295 4 years ago

this thread is AWESOME

16178194 (resized).jpg16178194 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#4296 3 years ago

Wonder if any achievements are being had now HOMEPIN is in Taiwan?
Maybe it is just the same.

#4297 3 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Wonder if any achievements are being had now HOMEPIN is in Taiwan?
Maybe it is just the same.

Maybe less government restrictions on business? Maybe better internet access?

Seems like now that Homepin is in Taiwan, now he has to set up a factory all over again.

#4298 3 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

Maybe less government restrictions on business? Maybe better internet access?
Seems like now that Homepin is in Taiwan, now he has to set up a factory all over again.

Will have to set up supply lines, unless they can keep using the same companies they used in China

4 weeks later
#4299 3 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Hello Pinball Enthusiasts,
I thought it was time to start a thread where I can show our progress in the Homepin factory with all things Pinball and Arcade related. In fact this is the first thread I have started on Pinside.
For those who don't know who Homepin is I will explain briefly here (skip the next couple of paragraphs if you are already aware of Homepin).
Homepin was started about six years ago in a small electronic workshop under my house in Kuranda Far North Queensland Australia. Initially we manufactured replacement boards for numerous pinball machines. The idea to start a factory in China grew from my lifelong desire to run an electronics factory manufacturing "something". As I had been involved in the amusement industry from when I was 21yo I figured that pinball or something arcade related would be a good place to start.
For about 15 years I had been trading with China and had started a small office there in Guangzhou mainly sourcing things for various customers and also having items manufactured, checking quality and organising shipping for other customers. I was already in China several times a year often for a few months at a time.
Fast forward a bit and now I have a factory in Shenzhen (just across the border from Hong Kong) with many different machines from plastic injection to folders, lathes CNC milling machines and pretty much what you would expect in a factory including facilities for printed circuit board assembly. Homepin is a 100% Australian owned and run business. We do not have any Chinese partner and there is always an Australian engineer present in the factory supervising operations.
I want to make it totally clear here about what we do and about this thread. Homepin is an amusement company. In fact our registered Chinese business name is "Shenzhen City, Arcade Game Science & Technology Company Limited". We are not exclusively about pinball machines, we make anything relating to arcade machines in general and that happens to include pinball.
For various reasons we have found ourselves manufacturing licenced Video game tables under a very famous Australian brand name, "Hankin". Back in the day, Hankin was a very big player in the amusement industry in Australia and did quite a lot of manufacturing. They made the tables that we now build under licence and also made five models of pinball machines.
A.Hankin & Co are still in the amusement business to this day operating juke boxes and pool tables in hotels mostly around New South Wales. Homepin has a very close working relationship with the Hankin company.
Initially, after establishing the Homepin factory in Shenzhen, I didn't think much about continuing the manufacture of replacement PCBs but when we had some quiet times it occurred to me that it would make sense to make boards to keep the staff busy. To that end, the latest boards we are building are replacements for WMS MPU boards. The pictures below show our work on them and the jig that arrived this morning to enable us to test them before packing and shipping. It will take some time for us to wire the jig so it might be a week or so before we are ready to ship these boards out.
Official Homepin agents for all of our replacement board products are "Johns-Arcade" in Australia and "Pinball Life" in the USA.
A quick word about "other Pinside threads" relating to Homepin and Thunderbirds pinball. It was never my intention to have much of a presence in the USA or Canada initially. I wanted to get the factory running smoothly, have our first machine shipping and then work on further products that would be more suitable for those markets. Most know that things turned sour pretty quickly and "most" of that was connected with a few stirrers on here at that time. It seems the moderators are doing a much better job more recently of curtailing keyboard warriors (just my observation).
I intend to show various things as we are doing them in the factory because I know there are many who are interested. Sometimes these things might be arcade related rather than pinball but that's the business we are in. I welcome CONSTRUCTIVE or POSITIVE feedback. If you want to niggle or be negative please don't bother posting in this thread. Where possible I will endeavour to answer questions when they don't clash with commercially sensitive matters.

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hi Mike ,can you please contact me via email @[email protected] ,having a issue with ball missing error
Ty Jim

#4300 3 years ago
Quoted from jq-pinner77:

Hi Mike ,can you please contact me via email @[email protected] ,having a issue with ball missing error
Ty Jim

I doubt Mike looks at Pinside

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
StempleLABS
Sound/Speakers
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 4,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 91.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepin-official-thread-pinball-parts-machine-progress/page/86 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.