Untitled (resized).png
hplockbar (resized).jpg
hpbuttons (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20200808_121939 (resized).jpg
16178194 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 91.
#4201 4 years ago
Quoted from Mercifull:

it does look rather like the sort of thing found in my nan's house with that veneer haha.

if any of her games are for sale let me know.

its built for people who enjoy that era. the original icb was built in 83 . probably just like nans basement. Most of us who like wood veneer cabs played them new in basements like your nans back then. .

ie .. duh .. its supposed too

#4202 4 years ago

Is nan still waiting on her Thunderbirds order?

#4203 4 years ago

good colour for an Italian kitchen

BTW I love the 80's woodgrain for nostalgia, but not good for today. must have got a cheap deal.

974F5C1E-9523-4DAA-9379-A3000F8A641C (resized).jpeg974F5C1E-9523-4DAA-9379-A3000F8A641C (resized).jpeg2DCC7FE2-B3A0-42C0-8990-9954D1BCA5D7_1_201_a (resized).jpeg2DCC7FE2-B3A0-42C0-8990-9954D1BCA5D7_1_201_a (resized).jpeg
#4204 4 years ago
Quoted from Mercifull:

I know you were reluctant to post teaser images for fear of backlash so please don't take this the wrong way... but it does look rather like the sort of thing found in my nan's house with that veneer haha.

Don't a lot of arcade cabs use that kind of veneer? Presumably there will be large art decals covering most of it anyway.

I think my old Phoenix game has that finish under the artwork.

#4205 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Is nan still waiting on her Thunderbirds order?

nope she got hers.. they all did. but that wont stop you will it. keep kicking

#4206 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Don't a lot of arcade cabs use that kind of veneer?

yes its very popular

#4207 4 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

good colour for an Italian kitchen
BTW I love the 80's woodgrain for nostalgia, but not good for today. must have got a cheap deal.[quoted image][quoted image]

when you mix in the burnt orange laminex .. then its the good 80s good gear .. i have one with 1943 in it.

when it was orange people whinged .. when it was woodgrain people whinged.. wouldnt matter if it was African Blackwood you lot would still find something to whinge about

#4208 4 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

nope she got hers.. they all did. but that wont stop you will it. keep kicking

Nan still wants here TOPPER

#4209 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Nan still wants here TOPPER

Grouse. Go nan

#4210 4 years ago

Maybe it's a growing up in Australia in the 80's thing, I like the wood grain

#4211 4 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

...but that wont stop you will it...

No.

Quoted from wiredoug:

...keep kicking

Yes.

#4212 4 years ago

New photo direct from the homepin factory....

Sadly it's just a photo of a Chinese security officer preventing anyone from going in to work. All non-essential factories (such as the Homepin factory) cannot reopen until at least midnight on the 9th Feb.
84584653_635900340515446_416112507699068928_o (resized).jpg84584653_635900340515446_416112507699068928_o (resized).jpg

#4213 4 years ago

Looks like he’s selling raffle tickets

#4214 4 years ago
Quoted from Mercifull:

Sadly it's just a photo of a Chinese security officer preventing anyone from going in to work. All non-essential factories (such as the Homepin factory) cannot reopen until at least midnight on the 9th Feb.
[quoted image]

So come Feb 9, the world is cured?

#4215 4 years ago
Quoted from Fairground:

Lol

#4216 4 years ago
Quoted from Mercifull:

[quoted image]

Is he selling homepin stock options?

#4217 4 years ago
Quoted from Fairground:

If it ends in a 0 or a 5 you win a bottle of water. Anything else you get coronavirus.

In all seriousness though this is pretty naff for Homepin. It's the law in China that they have to keep paying employees during this time even though they aren't able to go into work. Still rent to pay, still, bills to pay, but no income and no productivity.

#4218 4 years ago
Quoted from Mercifull:

It's the law in China that they have to keep paying employees during this time even though they aren't able to go into work. Still rent to pay, still, bills to pay, but no income and no productivity.

You would never see this in the good 'ol USA.

#4219 4 years ago

no that isnt me in the pic

#4220 4 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

no that isnt me in the pic

You sure?!?! Lol...

#4221 4 years ago

Is that guy taking pre-orders too?

#4222 4 years ago

That building looks as well maintained and as high quality as his products! Lol

#4224 4 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

That building looks as well maintained and as high quality as his products! Lol

This is a building local to me. It used to be a sheepskin factory in the 1800s

Now known as the Red Brick Building it's home to a bunch of community organisations and small startups. Looks fab on the inside now... but still looks like a derelict building on the outside haha.

inside (resized).jpginside (resized).jpgoutside (resized).jpgoutside (resized).jpg

#4225 4 years ago
Quoted from Mercifull:

This is a building local to me. It used to be a sheepskin factory in the 1800s
Now known as the Red Brick Building it's home to a bunch of community organisations and small startups. Looks fab on the inside now... but still looks like a derelict building on the outside haha.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Maybe offer that to Homepin as an England manufacturing plant!

#4226 4 years ago

Statement from Homepin re factory production and coronavirus.

The Chinese authorities are allowing factories to return work from next Monday (10th) provided they follow the following:

(1) Fill out a 'return to work' application form and submit it 5 days in advance (bearing in mind that today is a Friday and therefor only 1 working day before Monday)
(2) The factory must provide two face masks per day for each employee (bearing in mind that facemasks are like gold dust at the moment https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/feb/02/shameless-outrage-china-coronavirus-outbreak-mask)
(3) The factory must provide alcohol-based hand wash and ensure all employees use it daily.
(4) The temperature of each employee will be recorded as they arrive for work each day and the results will be submitted to the govt on a weekly basis.
(5) If any employee in the factory tests positive for the virus the factory will be forced to shut for an indefinite period.

Obviously this is pretty crappy for Homepin but these same restrictions are across most of China. If you do ANY business at all in China or rely on anything being produced there then you're going to find your supply chain affected pretty badly. Expect serious disruption for probably another month at least!

From what I can gather Mike ain't happy with the situation at all and is losing faith with manufacturing in China... could we see a move back to building in Aus? Or at least somewhere else like Taiwan, South Korea or India... or perhaps the Red Brick Building in Glastonbury, England like I posted above haha?

#4227 4 years ago
Quoted from Mercifull:

From what I can gather Mike ain't happy with the situation at all and is losing faith with manufacturing in China... could we see a move back to building in Aus? Or at least somewhere else like Taiwan, South Korea or India?

Well boo-hoo
Poor Mike

#4228 4 years ago
Quoted from Mercifull:

Statement from Homepin re factory production and coronavirus.
The Chinese authorities are allowing factories to return work from next Monday (10th) provided they follow the following:
(1) Fill out a 'return to work' application form and submit it 5 days in advance (bearing in mind that today is a Friday and therefor only 1 working day before Monday)
(2) The factory must provide two face masks per day for each employee (bearing in mind that facemasks are like gold dust at the moment https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/feb/02/shameless-outrage-china-coronavirus-outbreak-mask)
(3) The factory must provide alcohol-based hand wash and ensure all employees use it daily.
(4) The temperature of each employee will be recorded as they arrive for work each day and the results will be submitted to the govt on a weekly basis.
(5) If any employee in the factory tests positive for the virus the factory will be forced to shut for an indefinite period.
Obviously this is pretty crappy for Homepin but these same restrictions are across most of China. If you do ANY business at all in China or rely on anything being produced there then you're going to find your supply chain affected pretty badly. Expect serious disruption for probably another month at least!
From what I can gather Mike ain't happy with the situation at all and is losing faith with manufacturing in China... could we see a move back to building in Aus? Or at least somewhere else like Taiwan, South Korea or India... or perhaps the Red Brick Building in Glastonbury, England like I posted above haha?

Well Mike sold his Australian House a month ago, so has cashed out of Australia

#4229 4 years ago

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

#4230 4 years ago

vietnamese food is delicious.

#4231 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

why do you say that? you also seem to be a "nicer person" too? not sure if you're a guy with a chicks name or a chick but no one at homepin even knows who you are and yet you're waging this ongoing butthurt at mike? when did he hurt you? or are you just enjoying a random crusade? most of these other posters i know the story of .. but serious question. ...whats your personal problem with mike that leads you to this vitriol there jody?

#4232 4 years ago

Can’t he just hate him for his abrasive personality and thieving ways? Or for creating the worst pinball machine of all time? Why does it need to be personal?

#4233 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Can’t he just hate him for his abrasive personality and thieving ways? Or for creating the worst pinball machine of all time? Why does it need to be personal?

no that would make him ? petty and trivial and i allowed for more substance... also .you making written public accusation of "theiving ways" without proof is foolish at best.

#4234 4 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

also .you making written public accusation of "theiving ways" without proof is foolish at best.

Good to know that all purchasers have received everything they were promised, including toppers.

#4235 4 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Good to know that all purchasers have received everything they were promised, including toppers.

shipping the paid games before the free toppers is old news. no thieving there. he busted his ass to get those games out and you who wasnt even part of it now want to make passive personal attacks and spin it as 'thieving' ? try harder you're failing.

#4236 4 years ago

Mikes horrible attitude has earned him no benefit of the doubt from myself and many others out there.

#4237 4 years ago
Quoted from Mercifull:

....If you do ANY business at all in China or rely on anything being produced there then you're going to find your supply chain affected pretty badly. Expect serious disruption for probably another month at least!

A similar outcome should be expected whenever you jump in the sack with commie dictators. Do you expect them not to lie when it is their entire culture? Maybe keeping control of your own production processes isn't as "wasteful" as argued.

#4238 4 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

you making written public accusation of "theiving ways" without proof is foolish at best.

Ben Heck would like a word.

#4239 4 years ago

Mike should have setup in Australia. Things would have been easier for him.
In the wash it probably be cheaper, no reworking of items etc.

#4240 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Mikes horrible attitude has earned him no benefit of the doubt from myself and many others out there.

You don't need to explain yourself to anyone. Your comment was hilarious and right on point.

Everyone that has been paying attention knows what's up.

#4241 4 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

Mike should have setup in Australia. Things would have been easier for him.
In the wash it probably be cheaper, no reworking of items etc.

I dunno. He would have been easier access to some disgruntelled purchasers and who knows what may have happened. China gave him some safe distance from possible trouble.

#4242 4 years ago

I just hope that Mike, his Employees and all Family can settle into a decent life despite the History and hardship current events proscribe.

#4243 4 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

shipping the paid games before the free toppers is old news. no thieving there. he busted his ass to get those games out and you who wasnt even part of it now want to make passive personal attacks and spin it as 'thieving' ? try harder you're failing.

Your failing to defend Mike. Topper is not old news it’s BS. Was supposed to come with game. I paid early and only had 7 days to pay (back in 2013) to qualify based on Homepin terms, I paid on time. I feel Mike has stolen from all of us who preordered. Not to mention he sold our games, that’s when shit started.

I’m happy to be wrong but Mike will never supply the toppers he owes us....F’n thief.

Maybe I need to post updates from Mike we received over the years....this will clearly show who is making shit up. He would even bag other startup companies but always stating I will never be like them. I guess he was right here as he was worse by a long run.

#4244 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

Your failing to defend Mike. Topper is not old news it’s BS. Was supposed to come with game. I paid early and only had 7 days to pay (back in 2013) to qualify based on Homepin terms, I paid on time. I feel Mike has stolen from all of us who preordered. Not to mention he sold our games, that’s when shit started.
I’m happy to be wrong but Mike will never supply the toppers he owes us....F’n thief.
Maybe I need to post updates from Mike we received over the years....this will clearly show who is making shit up. He would even bag other startup companies but always stating I will never be like them. I guess he was right here as he was worse by a long run.

You wont change WD's tune, he will keep defending Homepin business until the end of time

#4245 4 years ago

I love how Doug has suddenly popped back up to defend his old mate Hompin.....and getting reamed!!

Nothing screams more than "I have shares in this business" than your sudden activity. Only downside is you know not how to best market yourself or Mike and are becoming just like him.

Haha. Should've taken my advice when I had respect for you earlier in this thread, and separated yourself from him. Now....I have other thoughts.

#4246 4 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

You wont change WD's tune, he will keep defending Homepin business until the end of time

I just had a laugh. My next pin coming has a ‘free’ topper but I know I will get this without any BS. Both game and topper will be delivered this year, stress free!

#4247 4 years ago

With Doug here it feels like Mike never left.

#4248 4 years ago

Doug is Mikes Love Child

#4249 4 years ago

More like twins

4D4A3346-0315-415D-B99B-68DA9933C456 (resized).jpeg4D4A3346-0315-415D-B99B-68DA9933C456 (resized).jpeg
#4250 4 years ago
Quoted from Fairground:

More like twins[quoted image]

finally someone said something funny..

pic stolen for my new avatar

There are 4,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 91.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepin-official-thread-pinball-parts-machine-progress/page/85?hl=mercifull and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.