Untitled (resized).png
hplockbar (resized).jpg
hpbuttons (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20200808_121939 (resized).jpg
16178194 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 91.
#3951 4 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

Not at all....love F-14

you know what I wouldnt vote for. the only game thats actually made me play a complete 3 ball game on and enjoy it lately ... heavy metal meltdown

#3952 4 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

you know what I wouldnt vote for. the only game thats actually made me play a complete 3 ball game on and enjoy it lately ... heavy metal meltdown

Hey, I'm in the minority of those that think Ghosbusters and Dialed In are awesome games. So what would I know.

#3953 4 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

Hey, I'm in the minority of those that think Ghosbusters and Dialed In are awesome games. So what would I know.

but they are awesome games though?

#3954 4 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

but they are awesome games though?

To me they are are

#3955 4 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

To me they are are

ghostbuster doesnt really get me excited ( its probably great it just doesnt interest me) but i like the concept of dialed in a lot.

#3956 4 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

ghostbuster doesnt really get me excited ( its probably great it just doesnt interest me) but i like the concept of dialed in a lot.

People hate both of them, fair enough. I hate TBAG, dream theme ruined for me. Fair enough.

#3957 4 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

People hate both of them, fair enough. I hate TBAG, dream theme ruined for me. Fair enough.

yep its fair enough indeed that you feel it was ruined. But theres nothing to be gained by "lets get revenge".. its time to move on and be classy not sit outside his shop with a placard

#3958 4 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

yep its fair enough indeed that you feel it was ruined. But theres nothing to be gained by "lets get revenge".. its time to move on and be classy not sit outside his shop with a placard

But I like placards.
I still might buy a F-14 from you though.
Mind you I was naïve as I thought you were a collector when I posted that ad on AA but now I see that you work for a dealer, hence the dealer prices.
All good though, I may still be keen.

#3959 4 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

But I like placards.
I still might buy a F-14 from you though.
Mind you I was naïve as I thought you were a collector when I posted that ad on AA but now I see that you work for a dealer, hence the dealer prices.
All good though, I may still be keen.

i dont work for anyone. i own the company. The f14s i have are only container pin grade but you're welcome to see them first when they'e done

#3960 4 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

i dont work for anyone. i own the company. The f14s i have are only container pin grade but you're welcome to see them first when they'e done

Oh, ok. Fair enough.

#3961 4 years ago

Any word on how much he is going to charge for the ice cold beer clone?

#3962 4 years ago

from a post mike made on homepin FB page

We are waiting on the testing house to finish the CE and FCC testing. This could take a few weeks yet. We are also still tweaking the artwork, cabinet design and software. After that they will be built in order of distributors deposits - first paid, first get! I cannot set a sell price as all distributors have their own costs and they vary from country to country, that is a matter for the sellers to determine. I have no idea when the first units will be for sale and I also don't know which country will get them first at this stage.

#3963 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

I noticed you seem to chime in with all the advertising and answers - are you some sort of spokesperson for Homepin? How exactly are you affiliated with the company? Just curious. I'm not familiar with the whole backstory here.

These guys are just trouble. Just go back through their posting history and that will speak for itself.

#3964 4 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

- first paid, first get!

Sure. Just like last time.

#3965 4 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

from a post mike made on homepin FB page
We are waiting on the testing house to finish the CE and FCC testing. This could take a few weeks yet. We are also still tweaking the artwork, cabinet design and software. After that they will be built in order of distributors deposits - first paid, first get! I cannot set a sell price as all distributors have their own costs and they vary from country to country, that is a matter for the sellers to determine. I have no idea when the first units will be for sale and I also don't know which country will get them first at this stage.

Brave distributors that will pay anything up front after the T Birds prepayment disaster. Just sayin.

#3966 4 years ago

Have all the pre- orders been filled yet?
Toppers?

#3967 4 years ago

bored? lonely? why not troll someone on the internet!

#3968 4 years ago

but have they?
don't be nasty Doug.

truth (resized).jpgtruth (resized).jpg
#3969 4 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Have all the pre- orders been filled yet?
Toppers?

Container scheduled for July/August should have all remaining preorders in it.

Toppers are currently scheduled for December, these will only start when all preorders are shipped so could be further delayed. Hopeful but not confident of December availability.

There is supposed to be new code coming soon, interested in seeing what has been fixed/improved.

#3970 4 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

bored? lonely? why not troll someone on the internet!

Quoted from wiredoug:

Honest reviews are no issue its personal attacks and untruths that cause problems
Just dont start with personal slander type stuff

nice nice

#3971 4 years ago

sorry man i read your post wrong i thought you were dribbling about preorders for this wave game having toppers. the answer is above

#3973 4 years ago

The endless battle to deal with petty trolls carrying on bringing up the same stuff over and over again sure is draining.

Theres no dispute homepin had a bad start, no argument he made mistakes and absolutely no question there is huge room for improvement in parts of the operation but going out of your way to bring up the same old material over and over again to propagate hate and harm just reflects on you now.

Some of you, I know your motivation, some i dont. A couple just appear to just be lonely souls who enjoy misery.

Good people arent this hateful .. "oh yay a chance to kick homepins business again over that stuff from two years ago awesome" isnt the way normal decent people think.

but then ... pinball people really are special some times.

hopefully there are still a few people who appreciate me bringing info here.. maybe i shouldnt bother.

#3974 4 years ago

Then don't take the battle on Doug me ol mate.
I love a good shit stir, but I don't like wankers! Don't become one please.
Typed words can be mis understood very easily.
Also never fight another one's battle.
We are all big people.

#3975 4 years ago

Then don't take the battle on Doug me ol mate.
I love a good shit stir, but I don't like wankers! Don't become one please.
Typed words can be mis understood very easily.
Also never fight another one's battle.
We are all big people.

is that your view. ok.

#3976 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

I would rebadge it with a Beer Brand and sell them to all the pubs

It was either Sid or Mike that mentioned the same idea when they were looking into this a few years back.

#3977 4 years ago
Quoted from blue95:

It was either Sid or Mike that mentioned the same idea when they were looking into this a few years back.

the idea has excellent merit from a sales perspective but is not being pursued by homepin. If owners chose to mod the game that would be up to them ( i know i would be ordering a woodgrain one if i had the coin spare.) but homepin sell a "surfing" game that isnt beer themed at all.

#3979 4 years ago

Re: beer. I'm surprised American Pinball didn't do Oktoberfest with an OEM version in mind, that they could have branded to order. I'd have thought some breweries or bar / pub operators would be all over that.

#3980 4 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Re: beer. I'm surprised American Pinball didn't do Oktoberfest with an OEM version in mind, that they could have branded to order. I'd have thought some breweries or bar / pub operators would be all over that.

Now that they have that game created the could always do a custom version of firmware and artwork for any OEM beer company.

#3981 4 years ago

But you need a bavarian beer company ... our beer companys in the Cologne area are miles away from "Oktoberfest" ... that is only bavaria ...

#3982 4 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

But you need a bavarian beer company ... our beer companys in the Cologne area are miles away from "Oktoberfest" ... that is only bavaria ...

haha Köstritzer Schwarzbier theme

#3983 4 years ago

The game operating code is nearly finalised now.

Anyone wishing to retheme their rtw game will be able to put new sounds on the two SD cards. ( sounds card and music card) .

Its possible that dealers buying in bulk can request the game be another color (than orange) and also possible to request the cab art be left off.

How owners change the game is up to them.

1 week later
#3984 4 years ago

Any news on code update on Blunderturds? Pinball_Freak
I would like a code change to give it another crack to see IF code can change a donkey.

#3985 4 years ago

I would like a code change to give it another crack to see IF code can change a donkey.

Lyman couldn't save this game.

#3986 4 years ago

Any news on code update on Blunderturds? pinball_freak

Have not had any update on code, was expecting to have heard something by now. Not really playing it much so no rush, but hope the ones coming in a couple of months have updated code.
I can’t stop playing SW at the moment which arrived after TAG but it’s got that one more game feel. If code isn’t a significant improvement I’m thinking of turning it into a coffee table.

Even with low plays est under fifty I have had to clean around the pops twice, looks like the white plastic is deteriorating. Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this. Robustness of parts although yet to be tested fully show weaknesses that looks like there will be future problems. Still just shaking my head!

Coffee anyone! Cheers

1 month later
#3990 4 years ago

thought it was funny on the recent H2H podcast the new guys thoughts on the game and the flipper buttons.... also at the recent pinball event (Pintastic) there were multiple games each with a few people deep playing and waiting to play and thunderbirds just sitting there waiting for a player..

#3991 4 years ago

Could this game be saved with new software? / lcd display? or is it the actual layout is severely flawed as well? Maybe some one can create a bolt on kit like a raspberry pi running the mission pinball framework with completely new rules / audio with a lcd screen you add on (like installing a colorDMD) and then you would create some sort of hardware bridge to drive the actual hardware via the current driver board. So basically the game does not boot using its own firmware but uses the new raspberry pi controller.

Can it be saved? Whats letting it down so bad?

#3992 4 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Could this game be saved with new software? / lcd display? or is it the actual layout is severely flawed as well? Maybe some one can create a bolt on kit like a raspberry pi running the mission pinball framework with completely new rules / audio with a lcd screen you add on (like installing a colorDMD) and then you would create some sort of hardware bridge to drive the actual hardware via the current driver board. So basically the game does not boot using its own firmware but uses the new raspberry pi controller.

Ya can’t polish a turd.

#3993 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Ya can’t polish a turd.

The game may pickup some interest when its put into comps and tournaments.
It would be interesting to see if it's a good circuit performer being exposed to an advanced player audience in a tournament setting.
It will forever have the mantel 'the worst game....that was made' and will be famous for it, but sitting next to the best game ever made in a tournament with 10 or so other ordinary titles makes me wonder if it can ever be 'truely' ignored.
Great to get GC on the best, and at least GC on the worst too.

#3994 4 years ago
Quoted from pintuck:

The game may pickup some interest when its put into comps and tournaments.

I'd imagine that it can't be used. Locked balls are released and can be played when the ball drains so effectively a good player can play forever.

#3995 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Ya can’t polish a turd.

you can sprinkle it with glitter though

#3996 4 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

so what you're saying is feed in a shit load of money and time to change it completely and make it playable or at least enjoyable when it should have been that from the beginning. Why bother going to all that trouble? Buy something else that you enjoy playing

#3997 4 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

AFAIK the controller board is a copy of Bens https://github.com/LonghornEngineer/Pinheck_Pinball_System which is used in AMH and therefore it should be possible to programm your own ruleset etc.

#3998 4 years ago
Quoted from lucky1:

AFAIK the controller board is a copy of Bens https://github.com/LonghornEngineer/Pinheck_Pinball_System which is used in AMH and therefore it should be possible to programm your own ruleset etc.

Indeed, I suggested using raspberry pi / lcd so you could add all the lcd assets which appeared to be a big complaint from most people plus most people would probably prefer working with the mission framework then a custom one with probably less features.

Was only a idea, you could sell as an upgrade kit.

#3999 4 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Indeed, I suggested using raspberry pi / lcd so you could add all the lcd assets which appeared to be a big complaint from most people plus most people would probably prefer working with the mission framework then a custom one with probably less features.
Was only a idea, you could sell as an upgrade kit.

Have you played it?

#4000 4 years ago

Yes but only 1 game at a loud crowded show, so dint really get a feel for it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball
Various other swag
$ 434.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 91.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepin-official-thread-pinball-parts-machine-progress/page/80?hl=pintuck and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.