Untitled (resized).png
hplockbar (resized).jpg
hpbuttons (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20200808_121939 (resized).jpg
16178194 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 91.
#3901 4 years ago

Great just what I need, Ride the Ice Cold Beer Wave remake thing.....No thanks.

#3902 4 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

Great just what I need, Ride the Ice Cold Beer Wave remake thing.....No thanks.

oh thank goodness for that.. I was terrified you might like it

#3903 4 years ago

Now if Mike could just figure out how to make a knock-off of a good pinball machine, he may be on to something.

#3904 4 years ago

They remake the Hankin video game tables right? I did a quick search and found a NIB seller asking $2100 for one. If the RTW is in that ballpark I think they would sell pretty nicely.

#3906 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

They remake the Hankin video game tables right? I did a quick search and found a NIB seller asking $2100 for one. If the RTW is in that ballpark I think they would sell pretty nicely.

I suspect it'll be more than that, but significantly less than Thunderbirds.

#3907 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

they did at first but they had their issues apparently

as for the Ride the wave, I don't get the interest in these things - yeah would try it once or twice at a arcade, but to own it for a home machine no zzzzzzzzzz

#3908 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

...as for the Ride the wave, I don't get the interest in these things - yeah would try it once or twice at a arcade, but to own it for a home machine no zzzzzzzzzz

I agree but it's still better than owning a Thunderbirds. Those are my positive words for the day.

#3909 4 years ago

It certainly looks like and sounds like it came from the 80's!
my favourite era. But the colour orange reminds me of an italian's kitchen.

#3910 4 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

But the colour orange reminds me of an italian's kitchen.

its a special color hey.. they love it in china though..

dont be surprised if you see them pop up in other colors.

#3911 4 years ago

If it control mechanism is good quality and smooth and accurate and the price is reasonable then I might be interested.
It looks like a great opportunity for modders to sell retheme kits to stick over them and also upgrade the sound.
I want one with 80s hair metal sounds and Monty Python taunts when you miss

#3912 4 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

It certainly looks like and sounds like it came from the 80's!
my favourite era. But the colour orange reminds me of an italian's kitchen.

Is that a Gottlieb system 1 sound board???

#3913 4 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

its a special color hey.. they love it in china though..
dont be surprised if you see them pop up in other colors.

There's a Chinese arcade in a place I do work for...it hurts your eyes just looking at the place

#3914 4 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

If it control mechanism is good quality and smooth and accurate and the price is reasonable then I might be interested.
It looks like a great opportunity for modders to sell retheme kits to stick over them and also upgrade the sound.
I want one with 80s hair metal sounds and Monty Python taunts when you miss

you could wrap one in fluro lycra with Giant and Shimano decals

#3915 4 years ago

amazing.. making pinball is hard but how is it possible to fail so hard making an "ice cold beer" clone???

absolutley zero effort

#3916 4 years ago

I think Ride the Wave would make a good skill based redemption machine where you can win cheap crappy Chinese toys/gadgets.

#3917 4 years ago
Quoted from eckelpeckel:

amazing.. making pinball is hard but how is it possible to fail so hard making an "ice cold beer" clone???
absolutley zero effort

How has it failed?

#3918 4 years ago

making a 100% exact copy would have been a lovely way to do little more than go toe to toe with taito legal.

but people who just want to be negative never think of that side of a business ..

#3919 4 years ago

Nothing wrong with the game itself.. concept is a really good one and goes down well especially in a pub environment. I think its a good business move by Homepin.
But... ( yeh there's always a but..) im 100% certain that it would sell better with a more dynamic sound to it... some heartbeats increasing as you climb up the game maybe... anything but what's in it now..
The early 80's sound just lacks in 2019

#3920 4 years ago
Quoted from Retropin:

Nothing wrong with the game itself... 100% certain that it would sell better with a more dynamic sound to it

Now wouldn’t it be handy if that could be customised and modded .

#3921 4 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

Sounds like you may have some inside info wiredog, can't wait to see this in person. Might be a N.I.B. purchase for me!

#3922 4 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

By sending the chip back to Mike?

#3923 4 years ago

Sorry...but I'll say it!!

Why in hell would anyone..especially Australians, want to support such a person!!! I don't care if he brings out my all time favourite arcade game, pinball, blow up doll!! I won't support him and his ventures!!

The way he has acted and spoken to the community, his racist remarks were nothing short of disgraceful...how quickly some of you forget and seem to want to forgive!! Amazed!!

He has built other cocktail cabinets in the past, as well as lowboys and gee let me think...who now handles these products in Australia?? No one! Wonder why? Would it be because of support, or quality, or customer service???

...but yet here we are....getting a sniff of a sh!t looking product and we can't wait to play it....no thanks!!!

#3924 4 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

Why in hell would anyone..especially Australians, want to support such a person!!! I don't care if he brings out my all time favourite arcade game, pinball, blow up doll!! I won't support him and his ventures!!
The way he has acted and spoken to the community, his racist remarks were nothing short of disgraceful...how quickly some of you forget and seem to want to forgive!! Amazed!!
He has built other cocktail cabinets in the past, as well as lowboys and gee let me think...who now handles these products in Australia?? No one! Wonder why? Would it be because of support, or quality, or customer service???
...but yet here we are....getting a sniff of a sh!t looking product and we can't wait to play it....no thanks!!!

I certainly won’t be. Wouldn’t trust him in a million years.

#3925 4 years ago

heres some info for the good people that are interested..

if you're just here to rehash the same crap over and over this isnt for you. keep scrolling

heres a better video without the expo sounds

its currently a mix of retro and more modern sound .. it could certainly be modified. Its not to everyones taste but what is? thats why it can be changed.

the sound is mp3 and wav files on a couple of sdcards in trigger boards.. you can pop on your own tunes and sounds you just need to name them right.

You wont have to send them back to anywhere else although in the case of some of you special people perhaps you'll need to give the card to mum or dad for help with the computering.

what tunes would be in your loadout?

#3926 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

they did at first but they had their issues apparently
as for the Ride the wave, I don't get the interest in these things - yeah would try it once or twice at a arcade, but to own it for a home machine no zzzzzzzzzz

I have a small route. My main location has ticket games, which this is able to dispense. If it gets played, I'd consider it. Ticket games are pretty cheap on the used market though, so who knows what will catch my eye at any given time.

#3927 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I have a small route.

in your opinion as an operator is the color good or bad as a modern sited machine. if bad what color would you suggest?

#3928 4 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

in your opinion as an operator is the color good or bad as a modern sited machine. if bad what color would you suggest?

It fits the theme just fine. The "hole selection" music is a bit odd, but fine. The various gameplay songs are good as long as they are surf tunes. The guitar heavy stuff is out of place. The "you win" music is terribly out of place.

#3929 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

It fits the theme just fine. The "hole selection" music is a bit odd, but fine. The various gameplay songs are good as long as they are surf tunes. The guitar heavy stuff is out of place. The "you win" music is terribly out of place.

thanks. I hate the "pew pew pew" sound personally. Its going to be nice being able to mod it.

#3930 4 years ago

Is he refusing to sell these to Americans like Thunderbirds or has that rule changed?

#3931 4 years ago

most games have a particular theme, which are then coloured / styled to suit that theme....

what makes it look worse is you have the playfield (so to speak), then the decals either side that are shorter (top and bottom) and then the decals on the side are shorter again - no art flow.

screen-capture-8 (resized).pngscreen-capture-8 (resized).png

as for the design this product is probably copied off an old game to fine detail - mike is great at copying products, and he is more Chinese than we think, but lacks originality and creativity

music cutting in and out is terrible, it has potential but still looks boring to play

as much as I love surfing this would of been better styled in a Rampage type theme since kids are going to be your target, player would be the ape climbing the building as high as possible
rampage (resized).jpgrampage (resized).jpg

#3932 4 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

Not sure about the support or customer service, but the Hankin cocktail cabs were really well built

#3933 4 years ago

The orange cabinet looks like Donkey Kong Junior.

#3934 4 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

heres some info for the good people that are interested..
if you're just here to rehash the same crap over and over this isnt for you. keep scrolling
heres a better video without the expo sounds
its currently a mix of retro and more modern sound .. it could certainly be modified. Its not to everyones taste but what is? thats why it can be changed.
the sound is mp3 and wav files on a couple of sdcards in trigger boards.. you can pop on your own tunes and sounds you just need to name them right.
You wont have to send them back to anywhere else although in the case of some of you special people perhaps you'll need to give the card to mum or dad for help with the computering.
what tunes would be in your loadout?

I would rebadge it with a Beer Brand and sell them to all the pubs

#3935 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

I would rebadge it with a Beer Brand and sell them to all the pubs

have fun in court

#3936 4 years ago

I hope moving a ball up and down on a stick becomes popular enough so we don't have to be subjected to anymore of his pinball creations.

#3937 4 years ago
Quoted from Vintage2:

have fun in court

I mean licensed

#3938 4 years ago

From what was mentioned earlier its just single channel audio? (basic mp3 trigger board) or can it do multi channel? background track + sound effects would be much nicer and make it a much more polished / professional product.

#3939 4 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

From what was mentioned earlier its just single channel audio?

no its not single channel. there is indeed background and sound.

#3940 4 years ago

ah cool, deffo play with the audio then it can completely transform a product!

#3941 4 years ago

So just take everything he did, art, sound, etc, change it all and it might be ok lolol.

#3942 4 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

no its not single channel. there is indeed background and sound.

I noticed you seem to chime in with all the advertising and answers - are you some sort of spokesperson for Homepin? How exactly are you affiliated with the company? Just curious. I'm not familiar with the whole backstory here.

#3943 4 years ago

I like the random hole select. Imo, that is the only thing ICB needs.

#3944 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

I noticed you seem to chime in with all the advertising and answers - are you some sort of spokesperson for Homepin? How exactly are you affiliated with the company? Just curious. I'm not familiar with the whole backstory here.

Im just helpful

#3945 4 years ago

hahahah downvotes are funny Go for it lol.

seriously pipes .. im just helpful. Ive known mike online for years. (but never met him). I dont have a dollar on his table and dont get a dollar off it.

The thing you need to remember is.. we're not all "pinball people" and just as "pinball people" stick together ( look at the pack mentality of people trolling mike), the "its just a job to me im not obsessed with it" techs do too. ( theres just not as many of us and most of us cbf putting up with the crapfight of posting.)

I help him keep his fb page online, i help him share info.. we discuss issues..... im helpful. Truth hurts maybe but its how it is and the thing the typical troll here doesnt realise is i spend nearly as much time explaining enthusiasts to mike as i spend explaining mike to enthusiasts. Hes far from perfect ( im pretty crap at a bunch of stuff too) but im helpful. Its just how it is...

As another one of us cranky old techs put it. rich people and lonely fools will never understand normal people helping each other for no reason.

#3946 4 years ago

Will Thunderbirds go down as the worst pinball ever made?

#3947 4 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

Will Thunderbirds go down as the worst pinball ever made?

surely something like raven or roller disco holds that honour? ohh no you mean dmd right? world challenge soccer has to be a contender?.

#3948 4 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

surely something like raven or roller disco holds that honour? ohh no you mean dmd right? world challenge soccer has to be a contender?.

Yep. They are right up there for sure holding hands with TBAG.

#3949 4 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

Yep. They are right up there for sure holding hands with TBAG.

i was gonna mention F14 for a stir but you might get offended

#3950 4 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

i was gonna mention F14 for a stir but you might get offended

Not at all....love F-14

There are 4,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 91.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepin-official-thread-pinball-parts-machine-progress/page/79?hl=hippo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.