Untitled (resized).png
hplockbar (resized).jpg
hpbuttons (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20200808_121939 (resized).jpg
16178194 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 91.
#3701 5 years ago

Last time I pulled a ROM chip I bent one of the pins beyond repair. I'm a layman though, without the proper tools, like err. many pinball owners I guess. Safe ROM pulling and reinstallation is not your typical screwdriver, soldering iron, socket set kind of maintenance.

#3702 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Last time I pulled a ROM chip I bent one of the pins beyond repair. I'm a layman though, without the proper tools, like err. many pinball owners I guess. Safe ROM pulling and reinstallation is not your typical screwdriver, soldering iron, socket set kind of maintenance.

ROM chip not required to be removed, new updating process about to be revealed where this is no longer required.

#3703 5 years ago
Quoted from JimmyA:

Anyone putting shit on the machine (and there are lots here) - show us what you have built...

That's literally the dumbest comment I have ever read on any forum ever in my life. First post too.

So, just so we're clear, only positive reviews and opinions are allowed unless you have actually built a pinball machine with your own hands...? Does that apply to just pinball machines in your world or do you need to have experience building cars and toasters as well to have an opinion on those things?

#3704 5 years ago
Quoted from JimmyA:

Anyone putting shit on the machine (and there are lots here) - show us what you have built...

you should see how the micro-phones & 3dprinters went....

People are critical because Mike has been super critical on people and companies for a while = what comes around, goes around

#3705 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Yeah they lifted the Spooky code before I made it self-updating over SD card.
Oops!

You Bad Bad Boy Ben??

How could you do such a thing to Mike?? HAHA

#3706 5 years ago
Quoted from Vintage2:

Homepin also threatened the aussie admins and they got scared

I dont believe they got scared it just got beyond the joke admin and moderators provide service to our community and in return are threatened pathetic

#3707 5 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

That's literally the dumbest comment I have ever read on any forum ever in my life. First post too.
So, just so we're clear, only positive reviews and opinions are allowed unless you have actually built a pinball machine with your own hands...? Does that apply to just pinball machines in your world or do you need to have experience building cars and toasters as well to have an opinion on those things?

What I meant is, it is pretty easy to sit and type "that is shit", "this is crap", etc, etc.
There is a lot of work in the machine, some of it is really quite good (and agreed some of it is shit).
Credit where credit is due.

#3708 5 years ago
Quoted from JimmyA:

Overall it really is a good first effort and now he is setup to make more machines - maybe he will get some help with the next playfield design?

He had help, however he decided to trash the original design because he knew better.

#3709 5 years ago

The Boards are good?

hang on they are Bens

#3711 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:The facts:
Games are being supplied to original preorders now. Some are being air freighted this weekend. One is mine so the long wait is nearing the end. Game #92

Did you get yours yet Dude or is it this weekend and what do you reckon?

#3712 5 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Did you get yours yet Dude or is it this weekend and what do you reckon?

It’s close now, working with freight company to sort clearance. Hope to get this week but maybe early next week. Will post a review after a few games. Cheers Gavin aka Dude

#3713 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

It’s close now, working with freight company to sort clearance. Hope to get this week but maybe early next week. Will post a review after a few games. Cheers Gavin aka Dude

Awesome - looking forward to your review.

#3714 5 years ago

Any word on the game?

#3715 5 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Any word on the game?

I would ask, any word on the impending death of this company and the expected nasty post following it?

I suspect it reads something to the like of it being our faults for not being more supporting. It had nothing to do with him alienating half or more of the pinball buying base.

It’s a shame... both an established board house AND stealing intellectual property, they still couldn’t get it done en masse.

Hopefully everyone who ordered gets their game or their money back. That way there is only 1 loser in this charade.

#3716 5 years ago

Nobody actually discusses the gameplay or anything aside from waiting for their game to arrive. Why are people not talking about the game. Surely there are people that own it - how do you like it? Is it a good game? Are you satisfied with your purchase? Stuff like that. It would be nice to hear some feedback. Anyone?

I have strong opinions on it after having owned one and it would be nice to hear what other owners think about it.

#3717 5 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Nobody actually discusses the gameplay or anything aside from waiting for their game to arrive. Why are people not talking about the game. Surely there are people that own it - how do you like it? Is it a good game? Are you satisfied with your purchase? Stuff like that. It would be nice to hear some feedback. Anyone?
I have strong opinions on it after having owned one and it would be nice to hear what other owners think about it.

Ranked #365/#365 on the Pinside rank list. "Terrible" titles like Bugs Bunny Birthday Bash, Raven and Motordome are all better games according to Pinside.

#3718 5 years ago

I have one. Its awful but I like it

its unfinished, unpolished, clunky, and either crazy hard or super easy ( no in-between). But, I have fun playing it. That's why i bought it. The layout is whacked, the rules are a mess (which does bum me out), but I do still enjoy it. I like Sega machines, and it reminds me of a lot of them--though more incomplete. Though not likely, a code update could make it a MUCH better game.

If your ever in MD, come by and play it

#3719 5 years ago
Quoted from twitami:

If your ever in MD, come by and play it

I never want to see one again.

#3720 5 years ago

#92 finally here after the short 5years 4months 13day wait...if it was 10 days later it would have been 5y 4m 3w 2d 1h so close.

9EC39F62-3B63-4E8B-BA17-1A680B2FA03F (resized).jpeg9EC39F62-3B63-4E8B-BA17-1A680B2FA03F (resized).jpeg
#3721 5 years ago

great news but you would never go in on a game like 20000 Leagues under the sea - imagine waiting 20000 days

#3722 5 years ago

LOL...seems it requires twice the power to run if on 110V

#3723 5 years ago
Quoted from Retropin:

Yup that's normal, it's how electricity works

#3724 5 years ago
Quoted from Retropin:

P=UI...... Rings a bell ?

#3725 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

P=UI...... Rings a bell ?

Wrong. Power remains the same.. with half voltage, current is double.
So yes P does = V*I but I is double for 110V

#3726 5 years ago

230V 0.85A

110V 1.7A

Would be about correct and means machine runs at just under 200W no matter the country

#3727 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Ranked #365/#365 on the Pinside rank list. "Terrible" titles like Bugs Bunny Birthday Bash, Raven and Motordome are all better games according to Pinside.

Don't go bagging BBBB, it's a cool game.

#3728 5 years ago

i played this game today in Brisbane at Pincadia must have had an issue as at the start ball launch no matter what you hit you were awarded a free game

put 1 coin in the slot and left it with a credit on it better than the first version that i played im happy for the free play issue as i played 6 games but i wouldnt have payed for them otherwise very lacking in many areas b ut still a viable working game id hate to have bought 1 especially the preorder guys and had waited so long for this to eventuate but if homepin gets through this and produces another i sincerely hope he has better people on his team

#3729 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

#92 finally here after the short 5years 4months 13day wait...if it was 10 days later it would have been 5y 4m 3w 2d 1h so close.
[quoted image]

Congrats to you, Enjoy

Now how many more still waiting

1 week later
#3730 5 years ago

Anyone know how to increase the playfield LED intensity/brightness? - my machine appears to be very dim - anyone else have this issue?

#3731 5 years ago
Quoted from Retropin:

230V 0.85A
110V 1.7A
Would be about correct and means machine runs at just under 200W no matter the country

That 200W ( if true ) is very low power consumption for a pinball.

I am impressed

Anyone done power consumption sums on W/B, JJP and Stern ?

I guess W/B with incandesants would be the most hungry.

I believe power consumption to be an important factor in design/manufacture and guess Mike considered this as well.

Perhaps an interesting topic for another thread.

#3732 5 years ago

I think you will find the overlay really dulls luminescence.

#3733 5 years ago

Yeah the inserts are a bit dim on mine as well. I think that is just "how it is".

#3734 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

I am impressed
I believe power consumption to be an important factor in design/manufacture and guess Mike considered this as well.

Stern SAM games vary between 100-150W typically during play. Up to a peak of 200ish when all the lights and coils are firing during multiballs.

I'd assume JJP use more as there is so much more going on. I'd assume Spike games use a bit less as there's so little going on, on most of them.

#3735 5 years ago

Yup, mine was the same as well. Insert lighting was very dim. Just the way it is.

#3736 5 years ago

It greatly depends on the LEDS used too. There is a huge brightness difference using different LEDS. Is the game using led bulbs, single led boards? Can you change the lEDS? Simple way to get a brighter game.

Quoted from pipes:

Yup, mine was the same as well. Insert lighting was very dim. Just the way it is.

#3737 5 years ago

The insert LED's are on boards.

#3738 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

I am impressed

I have no idea if that is the power consumption of the game. Im just trying to make sense of what is written on the plate because as it stands, its complete nonsense.

#3739 5 years ago

I read somewhere that the thunderbirds playfield is using an overlay. Sound like a interesting approach. Are there any more details known about this? How thick is the plastic is and what kind of plastic is used for it?

#3740 5 years ago
Quoted from DDDwingmaster:

I read somewhere that the thunderbirds playfield is using an overlay. Sound like a interesting approach. Are there any more details known about this? How thick is the plastic is and what kind of plastic is used for it?

pretty sure it is polycarb and would be 1-1.5mm thick at a guess, eventually it will scratch up - but I doubt people will play it that much to get to that state

#3741 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

pretty sure it is polycarb and would be 1-1.5mm thick at a guess, eventually it will scratch up - but I doubt people will play it that much to get to that state

Great concept

Such a shame Tbirds could not get it over the line

Man it was so close, delays killed it along with a stubborn genius rolled the death nail.

From what I experienced the build quality was always there and I like that.
very unfortunate the game was not developed to full potential for obvious reasons.

RiP Tunderburds

#3742 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Great concept
Such a shame Tbirds could not get it over the line
Man it was so close, delays killed it along with a stubborn genius rolled the death nail.
From what I experienced the build quality was always there and I like that.
very unfortunate the game was not developed to full potential for obvious reasons.
RiP Tunderburds

What are you talking about. It's like your saying tag is dead no more production or homepin is broke or something. I haven't heard of any of this so is this what you're saying or am I mistaken

#3743 5 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

It's like your saying tag is dead no more production or homepin is broke or something. I haven't heard of any of this

circumstantial evidence : evidence that tends to prove a fact by proving other events or circumstances which afford a basis for a reasonable inference of the occurrence of the fact at issue.

clouseau01 (resized).jpgclouseau01 (resized).jpg
#3744 5 years ago

There is an update kit for the flipper bushing now. It consists of a stainless steel sleeve which goes inside the flipper bushing. I wonder if there was too much slop in the nylon bushings they made?

#3745 5 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

What are you talking about. It's like your saying tag is dead no more production or homepin is broke or something. I haven't heard of any of this so is this what you're saying or am I mistaken

Hmmm, so much I could post, but...
unless game #2 is awesome, then not many people will give Mike a second chance

#3746 5 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

Hmmm, so much I could post, but...
unless game #2 is awesome, then not many people will give Mike a second chance

If game #2 is my dream theme I would not buy it. Would never trust him.

#3747 5 years ago

#3748 5 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

There is an update kit for the flipper bushing now. It consists of a stainless steel sleeve which goes inside the flipper bushing. I wonder if there was too much slop in the nylon bushings they made?

there must of been some slop in the bush for the need to then add a SS bush - everyone that owns this game for what ever reason better grab the kits while they can, though my gut tells me that a steel post turning in a SS bush will bind up eventually - probably should of been a self lubricating bronze bush or even better a correct replacement nylon bushing.
screen-capture-2 (resized).pngscreen-capture-2 (resized).png

edit went to the link and yes slop and crappy bushing - it is a 3 pager pdf so click to open
flipper_bush.pdfflipper_bush.pdf

#3749 5 years ago

Why not just send a newer, better bushing and put that in?
The flipper is already mostly taken apart looking at the instructions given.

#3750 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

there must of been some slop in the bush for the need to then add a SS bush -

I hate a sloppy bush

There are 4,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 91.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepin-official-thread-pinball-parts-machine-progress/page/75?hl=pipes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.