Topic Stats

• 3,931 posts
  • 382 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by swinks
  • Topic is favorited by 171 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 748 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

screen-capture-8 (resized).png
rampage (resized).jpg
59546319_448232989282183_8360119207047725056_n (resized).jpg
IMG_2927 (resized).JPG
Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 7.47.02 pm.png
59546319_448232989282183_8360119207047725056_n (resized).jpg
99D1AA11-1443-414C-A49B-3B3177C76184 (resized).jpeg
59363232_447010972713392_259249182378819584_n (resized).jpg
2102F2C3-3B12-4112-AEFE-6F8EFFF1B965 (resized).jpeg
868710A0-56BB-496C-BEDA-7BA0D66E4FB6 (resized).jpeg
dial2 (resized).jpeg
AFF856C8-B022-4091-B5B9-6C804FB42F87 (resized).png
8824be65f84920aa21dccb4e9acf47da8522de5f (resized).jpg
D19AA2E9-F995-4396-81AD-9750E23E87BF (resized).jpeg
8AAFDB60-3AAD-4FB6-A920-94E6E6BEA833 (resized).jpeg
07D30B01-3159-41C0-B03A-D0D6E590021F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 3931 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 79.
#3701 51 days ago

Last time I pulled a ROM chip I bent one of the pins beyond repair. I'm a layman though, without the proper tools, like err. many pinball owners I guess. Safe ROM pulling and reinstallation is not your typical screwdriver, soldering iron, socket set kind of maintenance.

#3702 51 days ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Last time I pulled a ROM chip I bent one of the pins beyond repair. I'm a layman though, without the proper tools, like err. many pinball owners I guess. Safe ROM pulling and reinstallation is not your typical screwdriver, soldering iron, socket set kind of maintenance.

ROM chip not required to be removed, new updating process about to be revealed where this is no longer required.

#3703 51 days ago
Quoted from JimmyA:

Anyone putting shit on the machine (and there are lots here) - show us what you have built...

That's literally the dumbest comment I have ever read on any forum ever in my life. First post too.

So, just so we're clear, only positive reviews and opinions are allowed unless you have actually built a pinball machine with your own hands...? Does that apply to just pinball machines in your world or do you need to have experience building cars and toasters as well to have an opinion on those things?

#3704 51 days ago
Quoted from JimmyA:

Anyone putting shit on the machine (and there are lots here) - show us what you have built...

you should see how the micro-phones & 3dprinters went....

People are critical because Mike has been super critical on people and companies for a while = what comes around, goes around

#3705 51 days ago
Quoted from benheck:

Yeah they lifted the Spooky code before I made it self-updating over SD card.
Oops!

You Bad Bad Boy Ben??

How could you do such a thing to Mike?? HAHA

#3706 50 days ago
Quoted from Vintage2:

Homepin also threatened the aussie admins and they got scared

I dont believe they got scared it just got beyond the joke admin and moderators provide service to our community and in return are threatened pathetic

#3707 49 days ago
Quoted from pipes:

That's literally the dumbest comment I have ever read on any forum ever in my life. First post too.
So, just so we're clear, only positive reviews and opinions are allowed unless you have actually built a pinball machine with your own hands...? Does that apply to just pinball machines in your world or do you need to have experience building cars and toasters as well to have an opinion on those things?

What I meant is, it is pretty easy to sit and type "that is shit", "this is crap", etc, etc.
There is a lot of work in the machine, some of it is really quite good (and agreed some of it is shit).
Credit where credit is due.

#3708 49 days ago
Quoted from JimmyA:

Overall it really is a good first effort and now he is setup to make more machines - maybe he will get some help with the next playfield design?

He had help, however he decided to trash the original design because he knew better.

#3709 49 days ago

The Boards are good?

hang on they are Bens

#3711 47 days ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:The facts:
Games are being supplied to original preorders now. Some are being air freighted this weekend. One is mine so the long wait is nearing the end. Game #92

Did you get yours yet Dude or is it this weekend and what do you reckon?

#3712 46 days ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Did you get yours yet Dude or is it this weekend and what do you reckon?

It’s close now, working with freight company to sort clearance. Hope to get this week but maybe early next week. Will post a review after a few games. Cheers Gavin aka Dude

#3713 46 days ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

It’s close now, working with freight company to sort clearance. Hope to get this week but maybe early next week. Will post a review after a few games. Cheers Gavin aka Dude

Awesome - looking forward to your review.

#3714 41 days ago

Any word on the game?

#3715 38 days ago
Quoted from embryon:

Any word on the game?

I would ask, any word on the impending death of this company and the expected nasty post following it?

I suspect it reads something to the like of it being our faults for not being more supporting. It had nothing to do with him alienating half or more of the pinball buying base.

It’s a shame... both an established board house AND stealing intellectual property, they still couldn’t get it done en masse.

Hopefully everyone who ordered gets their game or their money back. That way there is only 1 loser in this charade.

#3716 37 days ago

Nobody actually discusses the gameplay or anything aside from waiting for their game to arrive. Why are people not talking about the game. Surely there are people that own it - how do you like it? Is it a good game? Are you satisfied with your purchase? Stuff like that. It would be nice to hear some feedback. Anyone?

I have strong opinions on it after having owned one and it would be nice to hear what other owners think about it.

#3717 37 days ago
Quoted from pipes:

Nobody actually discusses the gameplay or anything aside from waiting for their game to arrive. Why are people not talking about the game. Surely there are people that own it - how do you like it? Is it a good game? Are you satisfied with your purchase? Stuff like that. It would be nice to hear some feedback. Anyone?
I have strong opinions on it after having owned one and it would be nice to hear what other owners think about it.

Ranked #365/#365 on the Pinside rank list. "Terrible" titles like Bugs Bunny Birthday Bash, Raven and Motordome are all better games according to Pinside.

#3718 37 days ago

I have one. Its awful but I like it

its unfinished, unpolished, clunky, and either crazy hard or super easy ( no in-between). But, I have fun playing it. That's why i bought it. The layout is whacked, the rules are a mess (which does bum me out), but I do still enjoy it. I like Sega machines, and it reminds me of a lot of them--though more incomplete. Though not likely, a code update could make it a MUCH better game.

If your ever in MD, come by and play it

#3719 37 days ago
Quoted from twitami:

If your ever in MD, come by and play it

I never want to see one again.

#3720 37 days ago

#92 finally here after the short 5years 4months 13day wait...if it was 10 days later it would have been 5y 4m 3w 2d 1h so close.

9EC39F62-3B63-4E8B-BA17-1A680B2FA03F (resized).jpeg
#3721 37 days ago

great news but you would never go in on a game like 20000 Leagues under the sea - imagine waiting 20000 days

#3722 37 days ago

LOL...seems it requires twice the power to run if on 110V

#3723 37 days ago
Quoted from Retropin:

Yup that's normal, it's how electricity works

#3724 37 days ago
Quoted from Retropin:

P=UI...... Rings a bell ?

#3725 37 days ago
Quoted from adol75:

P=UI...... Rings a bell ?

Wrong. Power remains the same.. with half voltage, current is double.
So yes P does = V*I but I is double for 110V

#3726 37 days ago

230V 0.85A

110V 1.7A

Would be about correct and means machine runs at just under 200W no matter the country

#3727 37 days ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Ranked #365/#365 on the Pinside rank list. "Terrible" titles like Bugs Bunny Birthday Bash, Raven and Motordome are all better games according to Pinside.

Don't go bagging BBBB, it's a cool game.

#3728 37 days ago

i played this game today in Brisbane at Pincadia must have had an issue as at the start ball launch no matter what you hit you were awarded a free game

put 1 coin in the slot and left it with a credit on it better than the first version that i played im happy for the free play issue as i played 6 games but i wouldnt have payed for them otherwise very lacking in many areas b ut still a viable working game id hate to have bought 1 especially the preorder guys and had waited so long for this to eventuate but if homepin gets through this and produces another i sincerely hope he has better people on his team

#3729 37 days ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

#92 finally here after the short 5years 4months 13day wait...if it was 10 days later it would have been 5y 4m 3w 2d 1h so close.
[quoted image]

Congrats to you, Enjoy

Now how many more still waiting

1 week later
#3730 27 days ago

Anyone know how to increase the playfield LED intensity/brightness? - my machine appears to be very dim - anyone else have this issue?

#3731 27 days ago
Quoted from Retropin:

230V 0.85A
110V 1.7A
Would be about correct and means machine runs at just under 200W no matter the country

That 200W ( if true ) is very low power consumption for a pinball.

I am impressed

Anyone done power consumption sums on W/B, JJP and Stern ?

I guess W/B with incandesants would be the most hungry.

I believe power consumption to be an important factor in design/manufacture and guess Mike considered this as well.

Perhaps an interesting topic for another thread.

#3732 27 days ago

I think you will find the overlay really dulls luminescence.

#3733 26 days ago

Yeah the inserts are a bit dim on mine as well. I think that is just "how it is".

#3734 26 days ago
Quoted from RA77:

I am impressed
I believe power consumption to be an important factor in design/manufacture and guess Mike considered this as well.

Stern SAM games vary between 100-150W typically during play. Up to a peak of 200ish when all the lights and coils are firing during multiballs.

I'd assume JJP use more as there is so much more going on. I'd assume Spike games use a bit less as there's so little going on, on most of them.

#3735 26 days ago

Yup, mine was the same as well. Insert lighting was very dim. Just the way it is.

#3736 26 days ago

It greatly depends on the LEDS used too. There is a huge brightness difference using different LEDS. Is the game using led bulbs, single led boards? Can you change the lEDS? Simple way to get a brighter game.

Quoted from pipes:

Yup, mine was the same as well. Insert lighting was very dim. Just the way it is.

#3737 26 days ago

The insert LED's are on boards.

#3738 26 days ago
Quoted from RA77:

I am impressed

I have no idea if that is the power consumption of the game. Im just trying to make sense of what is written on the plate because as it stands, its complete nonsense.

#3739 26 days ago

I read somewhere that the thunderbirds playfield is using an overlay. Sound like a interesting approach. Are there any more details known about this? How thick is the plastic is and what kind of plastic is used for it?

#3740 26 days ago
Quoted from DDDwingmaster:

I read somewhere that the thunderbirds playfield is using an overlay. Sound like a interesting approach. Are there any more details known about this? How thick is the plastic is and what kind of plastic is used for it?

pretty sure it is polycarb and would be 1-1.5mm thick at a guess, eventually it will scratch up - but I doubt people will play it that much to get to that state

#3741 25 days ago
Quoted from swinks:

pretty sure it is polycarb and would be 1-1.5mm thick at a guess, eventually it will scratch up - but I doubt people will play it that much to get to that state

Great concept

Such a shame Tbirds could not get it over the line

Man it was so close, delays killed it along with a stubborn genius rolled the death nail.

From what I experienced the build quality was always there and I like that.
very unfortunate the game was not developed to full potential for obvious reasons.

RiP Tunderburds

#3742 25 days ago
Quoted from RA77:

Great concept
Such a shame Tbirds could not get it over the line
Man it was so close, delays killed it along with a stubborn genius rolled the death nail.
From what I experienced the build quality was always there and I like that.
very unfortunate the game was not developed to full potential for obvious reasons.
RiP Tunderburds

What are you talking about. It's like your saying tag is dead no more production or homepin is broke or something. I haven't heard of any of this so is this what you're saying or am I mistaken

#3743 25 days ago
Quoted from embryon:

It's like your saying tag is dead no more production or homepin is broke or something. I haven't heard of any of this

circumstantial evidence : evidence that tends to prove a fact by proving other events or circumstances which afford a basis for a reasonable inference of the occurrence of the fact at issue.

clouseau01 (resized).jpg
#3744 25 days ago

There is an update kit for the flipper bushing now. It consists of a stainless steel sleeve which goes inside the flipper bushing. I wonder if there was too much slop in the nylon bushings they made?

#3745 25 days ago
Quoted from embryon:

What are you talking about. It's like your saying tag is dead no more production or homepin is broke or something. I haven't heard of any of this so is this what you're saying or am I mistaken

Hmmm, so much I could post, but...
unless game #2 is awesome, then not many people will give Mike a second chance

#3746 25 days ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

Hmmm, so much I could post, but...
unless game #2 is awesome, then not many people will give Mike a second chance

If game #2 is my dream theme I would not buy it. Would never trust him.

#3747 25 days ago

#3748 25 days ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

There is an update kit for the flipper bushing now. It consists of a stainless steel sleeve which goes inside the flipper bushing. I wonder if there was too much slop in the nylon bushings they made?

there must of been some slop in the bush for the need to then add a SS bush - everyone that owns this game for what ever reason better grab the kits while they can, though my gut tells me that a steel post turning in a SS bush will bind up eventually - probably should of been a self lubricating bronze bush or even better a correct replacement nylon bushing.
screen-capture-2 (resized).png

edit went to the link and yes slop and crappy bushing - it is a 3 pager pdf so click to open
flipper_bush.pdf

#3749 25 days ago

Why not just send a newer, better bushing and put that in?
The flipper is already mostly taken apart looking at the instructions given.

#3750 25 days ago
Quoted from swinks:

there must of been some slop in the bush for the need to then add a SS bush -

I hate a sloppy bush

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 399.95
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
There are 3931 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 79.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside