Topic Stats

• 3,931 posts
  • 382 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by swinks
  • Topic is favorited by 171 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 748 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

screen-capture-8 (resized).png
rampage (resized).jpg
59546319_448232989282183_8360119207047725056_n (resized).jpg
IMG_2927 (resized).JPG
Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 7.47.02 pm.png
59546319_448232989282183_8360119207047725056_n (resized).jpg
99D1AA11-1443-414C-A49B-3B3177C76184 (resized).jpeg
59363232_447010972713392_259249182378819584_n (resized).jpg
2102F2C3-3B12-4112-AEFE-6F8EFFF1B965 (resized).jpeg
868710A0-56BB-496C-BEDA-7BA0D66E4FB6 (resized).jpeg
dial2 (resized).jpeg
AFF856C8-B022-4091-B5B9-6C804FB42F87 (resized).png
8824be65f84920aa21dccb4e9acf47da8522de5f (resized).jpg
D19AA2E9-F995-4396-81AD-9750E23E87BF (resized).jpeg
8AAFDB60-3AAD-4FB6-A920-94E6E6BEA833 (resized).jpeg
07D30B01-3159-41C0-B03A-D0D6E590021F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 3931 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 79.
#3651 55 days ago

I know exactly how you feel toads

I gave up on my preorder just over 12 months ago and decided to sell my spot to another Pinsider. I'm so glad I did as waiting another another 12 Months + on top of all those other years would have been the end of pinball for me.

I too hope everyone left on the pre order list get their games (and are happy with them) very soon.

#3652 55 days ago

The ones who Threaten Don't Sue

If he emails a threatening email, file a restraining order against him, easy at any Police Station, he will be served, or when he enters Australia will be detained.

Here is wishing he threatens me.

#3653 54 days ago
Quoted from Toads:

I had a long chat with my partner recently regarding the on going saga with Thunderbirds.
My partner has watched me deteriorate over it for quite some time now.
After receiving a threatening email from Homepin recently, I have decided not to post on forums for fear of Homepin taking further action if I do.
As my partner has watched me go down hill, and know how it's affecting myself, I've made the decision to walk away from anything to do with Thunderbirds.
I need to put this down to a bad experience and get on with my life, my health is more important.
I wish all you pre order guys the best of luck getting your games.
: Just a quick Edit gents, I won't post in threads involving Thunderbirds and Homepin, not the forums themselves.

Mike is a liar, he has no reason to threaten you and I very much doubt he would or would even have grounds. He is all piss and wind. Stick to your guns.

#3654 54 days ago

I want a threatening letter from him! He's VERY scary

#3655 54 days ago
Quoted from Toads:

After receiving a threatening email from Homepin recently, I have decided not to post on forums for fear of Homepin taking further action if I do.

I'm really frustrated to hear this, though desperate people take desperate actions.

Thunderbirds is a garbage pin from a garbage company.

#3656 54 days ago

Toads terrible news.

However I’ll say this much, a man circling the drain has no business threatening lawsuits.

#3657 54 days ago
Quoted from sleazius:

Toads terrible news.
However I’ll say this much, a man circling the drain has no business threatening lawsuits.

LOL, as a non native English speaker I want to thank you for teaching me a new line. I'm still laughing

#3658 54 days ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

The ones who Threaten Don't Sue
If he emails a threatening email, file a restraining order against him, easy at any Police Station, he will be served, or when he enters Australia will be detained.
Here is wishing he threatens me.

Very true... after all, you never ended up suing me

#3659 54 days ago

did highway bring in any preorder machines?

#3660 54 days ago

Hey guys, I am not a Pinsider, but I have been following the production of Thunderbirds from its inception. I created this account to post my feedback on the final production machine that I played on site. One of the complaints that people make is that there are no 'unbiased' reviews of this machine and people can't separate the company, from the machine. With that in mind, here is my unbiased review. I will be up front right now and say I didn't like it, and the feedback below is why. This is not me hating on the company, or hating on the machine. It is just my thoughts after playing it on site.

Presentation

I like the artwork, it's bright and colourful and seems well designed for the theme. The speaker panel on the backbox is a nice touch. The DMD is overly bright and the animations are very simplistic. Even the early Data East small DMD games seemed to have better animations and Williams games from the 90s have far better animations. The cabinet side art is great quality and feels nice and smooth to the touch. It doesn't feel like those shitty, shiny decals that so many people put on their restored machines these days. The playfield art is great, I actually really like it. The artwork on the plastics is also really nice. The whole artwork package works well together and ties the machine to the theme effectively. I expect if you were a Thunderbirds TV show fan, this machine would likely look good to you. I am not a Thunderbirds fan, and I still appreciated it.

Sound

Sound was average. Callouts just interrupt the music all of the time and then the music will abruptly change to something else when you hit a target. It's a bit jarring. There's no transitions between things, just quick changes that happen often. The music itself is fine, the callouts are fairly repetitive and basic. When you hear FAB yelled at you multiple times, you get a bit over it.

Gameplay

I played around 5-6 games on the machine. There are very limited rules, most of the time I was playing, I was just batting the ball around and hoping to see what happened. Twice in a row, on ball launch, I got a replay, I have no idea how. It happened directly after I launched the ball, which was really odd. There are no orbits or ramp return shots, which for a DMD pinball is just odd. Hitting the right lane sends the ball on this weird inner loop that leads back to the pops. Hitting the left lane just sends the ball up to the FAB target where it comes right back on the left side. Because of the lack of orbits and ramps, there is very limited flow.

The Thunderbirds 2 ramp is a good idea in theory, but in practice, it is fairly flawed. You need to hit standups that are under the ramp, to lower the ramp. The problem is that you can't see the standups, as they are hidden by the ramp. When the ramp lowers, you hit a ball up there and it locks for multiball. However, if you then lose your ball while there is a ball locked for multiball, the pinball just releases the locked ball and you can keep playing. I have never seen this in a pinball. I lost my ball with a ball locked and was like oh well, onto the next ball. But then the game immediately released my locked ball and it was game on again.

The ramp also leads to a major stuck ball problem on the right hand side of the machine. Every time I hit the ramp (not an exaggeration) instead of the ball going up the ramp, around the ramp bend and into the lock, it jumped off the ramp, became an air ball and then either landed in the lock spot anyway, or ricocheted off stuff. This airball issue is where the big stuck ball problem comes in. At the top right of the machine, there is a metal bar with a spring that shakes the palm trees for multiball. When the ball goes airborne, it gets stuck behind this bar and there is literally no way to unstick it. This happened to me on my first game. I spoke to the owners of the venue and asked to get the glass off, they said that stuck ball was a problem as it was happening so often and they were going to make their own plastic to try to prevent it in the future.

The metal ramp is a big improvement from the original proto machine. The plastic ramp on that machine was downright terrible. The metal ramp allows the ball to roll up that ramp a great deal more easily. However, it doesn't go anywhere. The ramp just drops the ball into the rollovers or the pops, it seems a bit pointless. Also, you have to hit it so many times for it to spell out International Rescue. I think on my 5 games, the closest I got was spelling most of International.

There are no jackpots in multiball, it's just playing the game with more balls, no extra goals or anything like that. When I get a multiball, I want to be rewarded with something new to do. For instance, I was playing Simpsons Pinball Party right before I played Thunderbirds. Get a multiball and you've got heaps of lit jackpot shots to shoot for, this is what is needed.

There are two wireform ramps and I am a big fan of wireforms over plastic, something about coloured wireform just rubs me the right way. However, the ramps really do not add anything to the gameplay. All each wireform does is release balls for multiball, that's it. If you get a multiball, two balls drop down the right wireform and one drops down the left wireform. Because of the way the third multiball is launched from the Tracey Island pool, there is a large section of the playfield at the top left that just doesn't really do anything, until you get multiball.

Build Quality

The cabinet was very solidly built and I can't fault the build quality there. However, the plastic lockdown bar was really bad. You can literally get your fingers under the edges of it and start to bend it upwards. I didn't bend it too far, as I sure as hell didn't want to break a sited machine. I know for a fact that any normal person would be able to break that lockdown bar off the machine, absolutely no doubt about it. There's been a lot of conjecture about the plastic lockdown bar, but if I can get my fingers under the edge and bend it enough so that I know I could damage it, it's not a good product for a sited machine.

I noticed that on the PET playfield overlay, there was a solid marked line under the edge of the Thunderbirds 2 ramp. Much like what would happen over time under the slam ramp of a NGG. This doesn't bode well for a brand new machine to have that mark already. It was clearly noticeable and I expect that overtime, this damage would get worse.

Overall

The game looks nice, but is just an average playing machine. The biggest thing the game needs is a solid code update to allow for better modes and jackpots during multiball. The playfield design can not be changed, but the code could certainly be updated to make the game play better.

Anyway, I hope this feedback helps people who were looking for honest feedback from someone who has played the game on site. I do not own one, I am not in the market to buy one, and I am not a pre-order customer. I'm just a dude who likes a game of pinball.

Please don't flame me for supporting Homepin. I do not support Homepin, I just wanted to play the machine when a production model became available nearby. Thanks for reading.

#3661 54 days ago

How do you know about this thread if you're not a Pinsider?

#3662 54 days ago
Quoted from pinsidenoob:

Thanks for reading.

Thanks alot for the length and thoughtful review !!

Quoted from Vintage2:

Lurkers can come here and read the forum....follow these threads.....you do not have to be a "Card Carrying Pinsider" like you and I-Lol-

#3663 54 days ago
Quoted from Vintage2:

Because I've followed the entire production process on Aussie Arcade and this thread has been mentioned multiple times. I flick through this thread every week to see if there's any news. Homepin discussion is not permissible on AA these days, so I posted my review here.

#3664 54 days ago
Quoted from pinsidenoob:

Because I've followed the entire production process on Aussie Arcade and this thread has been mentioned multiple times. I flick through this thread every week to see if there's any news. Homepin discussion is not permissible on AA these days, so I posted my review here.

Thanks for the honest feedback, it’s clear and useful and most of all has not happened that often on this thread.

I’m curious though, how come Homepin talks are not allowed on AA ?

#3665 54 days ago
Quoted from adol75:

Thanks for the honest feedback, it’s clear and useful and most of all has not happened that often on this thread.

Homepin also threatened the aussie admins and they got scared

#3666 54 days ago
Quoted from pinsidenoob:

That was a great review. Thanks for sharing that. As a former owner of the game I certainly agree with just about every single thing you said. I had one for about 4 months and recently sold it. I had about 70 games on it and got to the point where I just didn't want to play it anymore…like literally ever. I just didn't get any enjoyment out of it, it wasn't satisfying to play. It felt like a frustrating and tedious chore, to the point where I often wouldn't even finish a game before turning it off. There's nothing that gives you an adrenaline rush, no sense of accomplishment or purpose to what you are doing. The last month I had it, I never turned it on.
Some positives are definitely the build of the cabinet itself. The hinged speaker panel in the backbox is pretty neat. The stand to prop up the playfield is a nice touch. The ramp upgrade is a definite improvement and helps in the gameplay and aesthetic department. The plastic lockdown bar is 100% ridiculous unfortunately. They screwed up the one thing that you are physically connected with the entire time you play the game. It makes the whole experience feel cheap. There's no getting around that. There's an automatic pause and moment of confusion as soon as someone lays their hands on the game for the first time. I won't even talk about the flipper buttons because those can be changed at least.

I suppose if you are a huge fan of the theme you will be able to look past some of the negative aspects of the game - some, not all. There's just too much to overcome with theme alone, even for the most die-hard Thunderbirds enthusiast IMO. I may be wrong of course.

Can anyone else that owns the game chime in with an honest assessment of the gameplay? I've been following this thread for some time and don't recall reading any reviews at all. Just wondering what others think about it.

#3667 54 days ago
Quoted from adol75:

Because HomePin still owes many preorder people, machines, which they paid for 5+ years ago
all they have is lies and deception

#3668 54 days ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

Because HomePin still owes many preorder people, machines, which they paid for 5+ years ago

but funny thing is earlier days many thought he was the best on the aussie forums, but people eventually saw him for who he really is

#3669 54 days ago
Quoted from swinks:

but funny thing is earlier days many thought he was the best on the aussie forums, but people eventually saw him for who he really is

I never liked him from the start. Copped heaps from people who thought I was wrong about him.

#3670 54 days ago

Our family has had our pin for 3 weeks, enjoying it so far nothing but good times by all.
My mate owns a Bally Firepower(orig no mods) & his wife said at least yours continues to work...
A game play user manual would help.
The reply game knocker goes off randomly at times in free play mode.
Some stuck balls but nothing requiring glass off.

Good luck Homepin pre-order's my thoughts with you it's less than ideal situation.
Communication from Homepin is the key without it how can you be expected to manage your expectations
(stress levels)even if these don't align with past promises.

#3671 54 days ago
Quoted from Toads:

I had a long chat with my partner recently regarding the on going saga with Thunderbirds.
My partner has watched me deteriorate over it for quite some time now.
As my partner has watched me go down hill, and know how it's affecting myself, I've made the decision to walk away from anything to do with Thunderbirds.
I need to put this down to a bad experience and get on with my life, my health is more important.
I wish all you pre order guys the best of luck getting your games.
: Just a quick Edit gents, I won't post in threads involving Thunderbirds and Homepin, not the forums themselves.

extrodinary behavior clive palmer would be proud

#3672 54 days ago

and those of you who dont know who clive is
think yourselves lucky

#3673 54 days ago
Quoted from Tigers2017:

Our family has had our pin for 3 weeks, enjoying it so far nothing but good times by all.
My mate owns a Bally Firepower(orig no mods) & his wife said at least yours continues to work...
Good luck Homepin pre-order's my thoughts with you it's less than ideal situation.
Communication from Homepin is the key without it how can you be expected to manage your expectations

If you had ordered Direct you would not have your game NOW

#3674 54 days ago
Quoted from Retropin:

Very true... after all, you never ended up suing me

well if you had continued I would have, everyone needs to protect IP. its PPS problem now

#3675 53 days ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

well if you had continued I would have, everyone needs to protect IP. its PPS problem now

Unlucky Wayne... nice guess, but no cigar here pal...LOL

#3676 53 days ago
Quoted from Tigers2017:

Holy shit there is a Thunderbirds pinball 1 suburb away from me. Do I ask for an invite over or move to a suburb further away?

#3677 53 days ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

And wasn't it back in November 2018 promises were made that all the remaining pre-orders would be shipping in January 2019? Well that month has come and gone.

#3678 53 days ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

This thread is liking watching something you know you shouldn't, but you just can't help it.

I dunno. It's like watching soap operas on repeat. I swear each time I duck my head in here, it's the same old story over and over again. You'd think Pinside members would learn not to preorder pinball machines. The systematic drama and outright scamming pretty much guarantees you're getting nothing but stress for your dollars.

How many times has this happened in the last few years? You guys are legitimately insane, with all due respect.

#3679 53 days ago

These are preorders from 5 years ago. The guys have been patiently awaiting their games with no recourse.

Quoted from Firebaall:

I dunno. It's like watching soap operas on repeat. I swear each time I duck my head in here, it's the same old story over and over again. You'd think Pinside members would learn not to preorder pinball machines. The systematic drama and outright scamming pretty much guarantees you're getting nothing but stress for your dollars.
How many times has this happened in the last few years? You guys are legitimately insane, with all due respect.

#3680 53 days ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

These are preorders from 5 years ago. The guys have been patiently awaiting their games with no recourse.

It's really unimaginable that people have been waiting this long. I got one on a whim a few months ago. Having it in my house and reading through this thread during that time did not sit well with me at all. There's a laundry list of reasons why I got rid of it but this was at the top for sure. There's just so much negativity surrounding the game, the company and of course Mike. I hope everyone will get their games soon and be able to move on from this whole mess.

#3681 53 days ago

The facts:
Games are being supplied to original preorders now. Some are being air freighted this weekend. One is mine so the long wait is nearing the end. Game #92
Others are coming in a container currently being organised, with a June/July date.

So things are happening slowly but it’s going in the right direction.

I’ve been negative in the past, for good reason. But it’s time to stay positive for the remaining guys waiting for their pins.

#3682 53 days ago
Quoted from pinsidenoob:

I like the artwork, it's bright and colourful and seems well designed for the theme. The speaker panel on the backbox is a nice touch. The DMD is overly bright and the animations are very simplistic. Even the early Data East small DMD games seemed to have better animations and Williams games from the 90s have far better animations. The cabinet side art is great quality and feels nice and smooth to the touch. It doesn't feel like those shitty, shiny decals that so many people put on their restored machines these days. The playfield art is great, I actually really like it. The artwork on the plastics is also really nice. The whole artwork package works well together and ties the machine to the theme effectively. I expect if you were a Thunderbirds TV show fan, this machine would likely look good to you. I am not a Thunderbirds fan, and I still appreciated it.
Sound
Sound was average. Callouts just interrupt the music all of the time and then the music will abruptly change to something else when you hit a target. It's a bit jarring. There's no transitions between things, just quick changes that happen often. The music itself is fine, the callouts are fairly repetitive and basic. When you hear FAB yelled at you multiple times, you get a bit over it.

are you blind? the artwork is shocking - its nothing like the TV series!

#3683 53 days ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

The facts:
Games are being supplied to original preorders now. Some are being air freighted this weekend. One is mine so the long wait is nearing the end. Game #92
Others are coming in a container currently being organised, with a June/July date.

Wait, what? I cant believe it.
Who is organising this to happen, Mike himself?

#3684 53 days ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

The facts:
So things are happening slowly but it’s going in the right direction.
I’ve been negative in the past, for good reason. But it’s time to stay positive for the remaining guys waiting for their pins.

I will believe it when Pete gets his game.

#3685 53 days ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Wait, what? I cant believe it.
Who is organising this to happen, Mike himself?

It’s not true until it happens.

#3686 52 days ago

Someone hold their breath

#3687 51 days ago
Quoted from pauloz:

I will believe it when Pete gets his game.

I thought Pop Bumper Pete said he offloaded his pre-order a while back and is now sleeping better at night now ?!?!

#3688 51 days ago

Hello all - my first post here
I am a prepaid customer (I will never do it again)
I paid in 2014 and picked up my machine last week
I did try to sell it before as I was so sick of the waiting, bullshit, lack of information, no replies, also all the crap on forums like this one
Post #3660 is a very good summary
The machine is very well made and feels robust, with great attention to some parts; eg: wire labels, even a padlock supplied on the coin box
It was very well packed, but mine still had minor damage to the head box
It is a solid cabinet and the playfield moves out nicely
The art work does look good and feels like decent quality (only time will tell)
The side of the headbox looks good - I wish the EL panels we were shown were there
The game is very basic and the ball jams in a few places - top right and on the switches near the flipper - no big deal I will make something to prevent this from happening (that should have been picked up in testing)
I have limited space for my machines and can't see myself selling something to keep this one
The ramp is not great - but an improvement on the one at pinfest 2017 - I will modify the end of that as well
I don't know why all the fuss about the flipper buttons - you press them and the flippers work
The sound quality is good, but disjointed and the call outs seem random and sometimes repeat
The biggest disappointment for me is Mikes disregard for the prepaid people
Anyone can see he needed to sell machines (to new customers) to keep the business running, but he didn't have the balls to state that to us
He really needs a PR person - stick to building Mike
Overall it really is a good first effort and now he is setup to make more machines - maybe he will get some help with the next playfield design?
Anyone putting shit on the machine (and there are lots here) - show us what you have built...
PR 0/10 quality 9/10 art 7/10 game 3/10

#3689 51 days ago

"Anyone putting shit on the machine (and there are lots here) - show us what you have built...
PR 0/10 quality 9/10 art 7/10 game 3/10"

You don't have to have built a pinball to be critical of one.. after all, its not a necessary criteria in order to praise one so why the double standards?
If Mike wants to be the Recel of the modern day then that's his own undoing..

#3690 51 days ago
Quoted from JimmyA:

He really needs a PR person - stick to building Mike
Overall it really is a good first effort and now he is setup to make more machines - maybe he will get some help with the next playfield design?

Glad you got yours and agree with your review except the above statement ( what have you built ) and overall it is a good first effort.
Totally laughable, as the most critical thing with the pinball he just totally stuffed up, THE PLAY FIELD!
I too thought a good PR person would help him, NOTHING could help this arrogant twat.
I said it once and will say it again, he should have stuck to a home-brew kit for hobbyists.

#3691 51 days ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

I said it once and will say it again, he should have stuck to a home-brew kit for hobbyists.

What he should have done is actually built a whitewood before he set up the factory

#3692 51 days ago

I have been told by a source close to Homepin that they are working on a code update for the game. No idea when it will be released, but I believe it is coming.

#3693 51 days ago
Quoted from fridgejam:

I have been told by a source close to Homepin that they are working on a code update for the game. No idea when it will be released, but I believe it is coming.

Did Mike ask you to post this? He has a habit of asking people to post things in his favour.
But no, seriously... do you really think that ANYONE gives any relevance at all to any statements or rumours that emanate from the Homepin factory?
To "believe" is how this whole fiasco came about in the first place.... I think you truly are an island.

#3694 51 days ago
Quoted from Retropin:

Did Mike ask you to post this? He has a habit of asking people to post things in his favour.
But no, seriously... do you really think that ANYONE gives any relevance at all to any statements or rumours that emanate from the Homepin factory?
To "believe" is how this whole fiasco came about in the first place.... I think you truly are an island.

NO, Homepin did not ask me to post this. This info has come from two separate sources, one who already owns the game and has been in communication with Homepin about it.

#3695 51 days ago

I hope they do. A codefix could really up the fun of the game.

#3696 51 days ago

Just had it confirmed code is coming in final testing. Allowing user to customise game to their liking. Plus bug fixes.

#3697 51 days ago

And what was that update procedure again?

#3699 51 days ago
Quoted from stevevt:

And what was that update procedure again?

unplug the ROM, send it back to the distributor, they will then send you the upgraded ROM

#3700 51 days ago

Yeah they lifted the Spooky code before I made it self-updating over SD card.

Oops!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 399.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Mods for your pinballs
There are 3931 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 79.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside