Untitled (resized).png
hplockbar (resized).jpg
hpbuttons (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20200808_121939 (resized).jpg
16178194 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 91.
#3501 5 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

not that its any of your business clint but i was out in the truck working for a living. Was actually down your way but i didnt drop in sorry. It wasnt overly late or anything I just didnt want to cos frankly .. I dont like you

hey sorry buddy I don't think we met before,I'm Gary

#3502 5 years ago
Quoted from Vintage2:

Hahahahahaha.

#3503 5 years ago

This thread needed a laugh and that was it. Very funny but obviously an honest mistake

#3504 5 years ago
Quoted from Vintage2:

daves not here man

#3505 5 years ago

Genuine question after seeing a photo of Alice Cooper pin at spooky. How does homepin compare to spooky staffing wiseand even warehouse/production capability wise. Are we comparing apples with apples or not

#3506 5 years ago

Probably about the same.

#3507 5 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Genuine question after seeing a photo of Alice Cooper pin at spooky. How does homepin compare to spooky staffing wiseand even warehouse/production capability wise. Are we comparing apples with apples or not

Spooky have grown over the last 5 years. When they started they were way smaller than Homepin. They only just made it over the line with AMH, they had not planned to ship international but there was 6 of us Aussie’s keen to get it. Shipping games to Australia help them keep the business open, so glad they did.

The sad part is Mike had my money before I had to pay deposit for AMH. I now also have RZ, TNA and ACNC(deposit down). Money was allocated for Homepin pins but Mike’s loss was Spooky’s win.

#3508 5 years ago

All he has to do is make a good game and all is forgiven. Given his priorities towards engineering versus gameplay I doubt it’ll ever happen.

#3509 5 years ago

Spooky uses mostly "off-the-shelf" assemblies for their machines. No need to spend "years" re-inventing the wheel like Homepin did.

#3510 5 years ago

Can't get off the shelf parts in China, actually you probably can now thanks to Homepin

#3511 5 years ago

That will only fit Homepin! Yeah winner

#3512 5 years ago

Just saw PinballStar had Thunderbirds knocked down to $4,250 in their email mailer.... "Inventory Reduction"

#3513 5 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Just saw PinballStar had Thunderbirds knocked down to $4,250 in their email mailer.... "Inventory Reduction"

Probably wants to get off them before Homepin goes belly up.

#3514 5 years ago
Quoted from blue95:

Can't get off the shelf parts in China, actually you probably can now thanks to Homepin

Who would risk using him as a supplier with his dummy spits and condition changes

#3515 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Who would risk using him as a supplier with his dummy spits and condition changes

Also Mike has shown how unreliable and low quality a lot of stuff from his Chinese vendors have been as part of his "transparency" with dealing with the local parts manufacturers and getting them up to speed. He really is his own worst enemy.

#3516 5 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Also Mike has shown how unreliable and low quality a lot of stuff from his Chinese vendors have been as part of his "transparency" with dealing with the local parts manufacturers and getting them up to speed. He really is his own worst enemy.

This happens in almost every industry that orders parts from china! (they just keep quite about it)

iv had similar issues with china just suddenly changing a component for no reason and not telling you!!! it is extremely annoying

#3517 5 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I would guess a large % of Sterns parts come from China.

#3518 5 years ago

not as many as you think
the legs are from Taiwan poor quality steel that bends and powdercoat doesn't match the usa made lockdown bar and siderails

#3519 5 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

This happens in almost every industry that orders parts from china! (they just keep quite about it)
iv had similar issues with china just suddenly changing a component for no reason and not telling you!!! it is extremely annoying

I can vouch for this behavior. I've heard stories of schematics being submitted to them that come back with all the bypass caps omitted! From Jeri Ellsworth no less.

#3520 5 years ago
Quoted from highwaygames:

once Homepin pre-order customers receive their machines

and when is that.

#3521 5 years ago
Quoted from highwaygames:

So your not a pre-order customer, do not know all the facts, did not read the Aussie Arcade Gumtree thread....but still want to comment about what happened, or, what we have been doing. Our company has been working extremely hard in trying to help get everyone's machines delivered, but there has been a lot of undermining work which has/is delaying the machines.
Again, we understand you have issues with Homepin but please don't spread the wrong information. We have noticed that a group of you guys just travel from forum to forum, or social media post, or even contact buyers directly to talk negative about the product. We get it, you don't like the product or Homepin - but don't spread wrong information. The thing we do not understand is that you are trying to push the factory to close, but this results in no-one getting their machines....

So are the rumours true that you have wiped your hands clean of the pre order buyers and told them that you will no longer be helping them in any way, shape or form, to get their paid for games to Australia? Forcing them to try to deal with Mike again, which we all know wont happen.

#3522 5 years ago

Ambush ??.....More Popcorn will be needed to get thru all this-
All pre order buyers have taken some responsibility in reaching out-and put in the hard work to make their own arrangements for shipping and to pay the taxes due ??

#3523 5 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

So are the rumours true that you have wiped your hands clean of the pre order buyers and told them that you will no longer be helping them in any way, shape or form, to get their paid for games to Australia? Forcing them to try to deal with Mike again, which we all know wont happen.

Pretty Much what Heighway New Owners did, Sold to new money and the original order customers didn't receive anything.

When you need cashflow that's what you need to do I guess!

#3524 5 years ago

For his show sample machine. Not new units.

#3525 5 years ago
Quoted from twitami:

For his show sample machine. Not new units.

Can't let the truth get in the way of a Thunderbirds thread

#3526 5 years ago

we still have a few machines in stock , ready to deliver.. if anyone is interested.

1 week later
#3527 5 years ago

Chinese new year finished yet?

#3528 5 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

2 weeks

#3529 5 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

wonder if anymore aussie preorders received their games?

#3530 5 years ago
Quoted from Vintage2:

wonder if anymore aussie preorders received their games?

I doubt it as I heard as well that the distributor pulled the pin on helping the pre-order guys get their pins, but I am sure if they are still trying to help them they are gagged from speaking up, if true I hope the distributor gets no more sales and all the aussies take Homepin to Fair Trading

#3531 5 years ago

Howdy-

I'm not in the loop on the Thunderbirds pin (this is a loooooooooooooooong thread), but I don't see a "club" thread, so I shall post here.

Big fan of the shows, both old & new.

Picked up some Thunderbirds goodies at Comic-Con years ago.
They've been stagnating, & the asking price has crept so low that I might as well give them away.

For the price of shipping, these fabulous Thunderbirds goodies can be yours to complete your Thunderbirds shrine:

ebay.com link: itm

PM me. First come, first served.

Thanks,
-Jason

01 (resized).JPG01 (resized).JPG03 (resized).JPG03 (resized).JPG04 (resized).JPG04 (resized).JPG07 (resized).JPG07 (resized).JPG06 (resized).JPG06 (resized).JPG02 (resized).JPG02 (resized).JPG
#3532 5 years ago

This is a used show game as clearly stated in my price list which you decided to leave out that detail for your purposes of your attention getting post. Please don’t take my price list out of context as we are discounting NIB games which is just not true AND also the NIB games are listed as such at $5,000 in the exact same price list. Show games are always sold at a discount. We offer to sell every single show game from every company we display at a show at a discount.

Thunderbirds is a fun game and great value st $5,000. Nearly every customer that has bought one has been happy with their purchase. Thunderbirds in stock both lightly used show games and NIB. US customers can email us at [email protected].

#3533 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

This is a used show game as clearly stated in my price list which you decided to leave out that detail for your purposes of your attention getting post. Please don’t take my price list out of context as we are discounting NIB games which is just not true AND also the NIB games are listed as such at $5,000 in the exact same price list. Show games are always sold at a discount. We offer to sell every single show game from every company we display at a show at a discount.
Thunderbirds is a fun game and great value st $5,000. Nearly every customer that has bought one has been happy with their purchase. Thunderbirds in stock both lightly used show games and NIB. US customers can email us at [email protected].

Looking back at the original email this is 100% true. My apologies.

#3534 5 years ago

Looking back at the original email this is 100% true. My apologies.

Screenshot_20190303-073844_Gmail (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190303-073844_Gmail (resized).jpg
#3535 5 years ago

I bought a game from Joe. It has held up well and all parts to make the game play its best were supplied. People play the game in a vast collection of LE games at Helicon Brewing. I personally like it, but I like most pins out there. Rules are simple and overall it's a great first effort at the initial price point.

#3536 5 years ago

All good : )
Thanks for clarifying as well.. I don't want misinformation out there is all... TY

#3538 5 years ago
twoweeks (resized).jpgtwoweeks (resized).jpg
1 week later
#3540 5 years ago

The down under folks are always so articulate in they way they communicate!

#3541 5 years ago

Wow someone isn't happy I guess. I thought we're meant to play nice here?

#3542 5 years ago

hes special this one .. maybe ill pop by aecom and give him a hug.

#3543 5 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

Please do

#3544 5 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

PM me if you're keen to hook up in the next half hour mate, It'd be good to catch up...

#3545 5 years ago

so now i got some fake account troll wanting to go on a bloody date. this is why aliens wont visit us... pinball people sheesh

#3546 5 years ago

If anyone is actually interested in game build status, this is the latest position of the remaining 10 to 12 pre order pins:

Games have not been built, waiting on parts...no timing provided!

Mike needs more orders to start the line up, so if anyone out there is thinking of ordering one, now is the time!

I’m just one of those frustrated pre-order guys.

#3547 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

If anyone is actually interested in game build status, this is the latest position of the remaining 10 to 12 pre order pins:
Mike needs more orders to start the line up, so if anyone out there is thinking of ordering one, now is the time!

Yours is one of those last ones Gavin?

#3548 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Yours is one of those last ones Gavin?

Thanks Mark. Only fair I guess, mine must be special. Cheers

#3549 5 years ago

So Mike spent over a million dollars on this venture and he can't afford to put 50k up to finish these 10-12 games for the preorders to clean the slate? Is a matter of principal or something! I don't get it.

Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

#3550 5 years ago

Why can’t you just request your money back? Or sue?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 91.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepin-official-thread-pinball-parts-machine-progress/page/71?hl=mcbpalisade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.