Untitled (resized).png
hplockbar (resized).jpg
hpbuttons (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20200808_121939 (resized).jpg
16178194 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 91.
#3451 5 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

the pics are from here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tube-time-custom-surfing-pin#post-3746692
at the time swinks complimented hassanchop on his work. It seems thats changed

ohh backerdoug.....

I didn't dish on hassanchop work, merely theorized on the rumour of the surfing pinball, and yes instead of Billabong I joked with Billaflop considering the how thunderbirds is being joked as thunderturd, so not a reflection on hassanchop.

for a homebrew yes hats off to hassanchop but if this went into production and with his more experience sure it would look better. But personally for Homepin a Billabong or Quiksilver comp surf pin is a bit of bad choice to run with considering both companies are losing their soul of what surfing is about.

#3452 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Those girls look wrong

That pin would look good next to my Full Throttle....

...and only next to my Full Throttle

#3453 5 years ago

Those girls look wrong

its not to my taste either but i cant draw stick figures so im not one to ask.

#3454 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

ohh backerdoug.....
I didn't dish on hassanchop work, merely theorized on the rumour of the surfing pinball, and yes instead of Billabong I joked with Billaflop considering the how thunderbirds is being joked as thunderturd, so not a reflection on hassanchop.
for a homebrew yes hats off to hassanchop but if this went into production and with his more experience sure it would look better. But personally for Homepin a Billabong or Quiksilver comp surf pin is a bit of bad choice to run with considering both companies are losing their soul of what surfing is about.

back peddle back peddle back peddle lol either way you went out of your way to dig up old crap to make trouble .. good for you.

your fascination with me being a backer of anything is hysterical nonsense .. im a fixer not a banker. closer to private security than private equity ( that doesnt explain it well but its none of your business anyway so it will do)

#3455 5 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

back peddle back peddle back peddle lol either way you went out of your way to dig up old crap to make trouble .. good for you.
your fascination with me being a backer of anything is hysterical nonsense .. im a fixer not a banker. closer to private security than private equity ( that doesnt explain it well but its none of your business anyway so it will do)

haha - funny you then did the same

as for backer - just what I witness and have heard

#3456 5 years ago

Another distributor...

Thunderbirds Pinball has made its way into Melbourne!

Forward Amusements Pty Ltd. has become an Australian distributor of Homepin’s Thunderbirds Pinball machines, and the company is located in Melbourne. Owen can help with all Victorian inquiries and has a demo machine in his showroom on display. Please give him a call to arrange an appointment for inspection, or for all your Thunderbirds Pinball needs.

Contact Details:

Forward Amusements Pty. Ltd.
4/21 Lindaway Place, Tullamarine, VIC, 3043
Phone: (03) 8376 6150
[email protected]

#3457 5 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Another distributor...
Thunderbirds Pinball has made its way into Melbourne!
Forward Amusements Pty Ltd. has become an Australian distributor of Homepin’s Thunderbirds Pinball machines, and the company is located in Melbourne. Owen can help with all Victorian inquiries and has a demo machine in his showroom on display. Please give him a call to arrange an appointment for inspection, or for all your Thunderbirds Pinball needs.
Contact Details:
Forward Amusements Pty. Ltd.
4/21 Lindaway Place, Tullamarine, VIC, 3043
Phone: (03) 8376 6150
[email protected]

but you can buy them from balls n all amusements in perth who is a real distributor not a reseller for another Distributor. shipped to Melbourne cheaper and in stock now!

That's if you really want one

#3458 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

So they stole our boards AND code. Wankers.

If the code was licensed with the ShareAlike attribute does that mean the ThunderBirds code will be available if users want to add fixes or enhancements?

#3459 5 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

This is probably the most taboo game ever.

It still get's beaten by Predator, Alien, The Big Lebowski and all the Jpop games people paid for and never received

#3460 5 years ago
Quoted from blue95:

It still get's beaten by Predator, Alien, The Big Lebowski and all the Jpop games people paid for and never received

all these bootique manufacturers who are doing things 'right' by delivering work-in-progress games months/years behind their self proclaimed schedules, dont have a very high bar to clear when they compare their 'success' against the 'final four' of skitb, hp, dp, and jpop. they should be comparing themselves against their own promises, in which case many have failed to meet expectations.

#3461 5 years ago

but you can buy them from balls n all amusements in perth who is a real distributor not a reseller for another Distributor. shipped to Melbourne cheaper and in stock now!
That's if you really want one

Sorry this is not true. Balls n All purchased a "one off" machines order. These machines were ordered before Highway was involved and now we have a professional distribution (with customer service and support) network around the world. To understand who the real distributors are, please review;

https://www.thunderbirdspinball.com/buy/

Balls n All is welcomed to join our distribution/support team.

#3462 5 years ago
Quoted from highwaygames:

Sorry this is not true. Balls n All purchased a "one off" machines order. These machines were ordered before Highway was involved and now we have a professional distribution (with customer service and support) network around the world. To understand who the real distributors are, please review;

Do you have games in stock?

#3463 5 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Do you have games in stock?

do you wanna buy one

#3464 5 years ago
Quoted from Vintage2:

do you wanna buy one

welcome to pinside, interesting first post, do you own one yourself?

#3465 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

welcome to pinside, interesting first post, do you own one yourself?

one day,fingers crossed

#3466 5 years ago
Quoted from Vintage2:

do you wanna buy one

U might want to check Toads previous posts on this. I’m thinking he’s pissed that some distributors may have stock of Thunderbirds when he pre-ordered a long time ago and still no game. Reasonable question and completely understand why he’d be pissed if that’s the case.

#3467 5 years ago

If resellers buy from Highway they are a reseller or agent not a Distributor, a Distributor is what Highway is, imports and Distributes

Example Zax is a Stern Agent Not a Distributor.

Maybe if you made the games then they could be considered a Distributor of Highway Products like arcooda etc.

For them to be a Homepin Distributor they would need to be buying directly from Homepin which clearly is not the case.

#3468 5 years ago

Apparently every shot is a jackpot shot.

#3469 5 years ago
5346.jpg5346.jpg
#3470 5 years ago

Shameful

#3471 5 years ago
Quoted from Vintage2:

[quoted image]

Calling International Rescue,calling International Rescue...............

#3472 5 years ago
Quoted from Vintage2:

[quoted image]

That’s old news...nothing to see here...move along.

#3473 5 years ago
Quoted from Vintage2:

[quoted image]

Why doesn’t that surprise me.

#3474 5 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

umm err uhhh

it happened yesterday but yeah nah ok

#3475 5 years ago
Quoted from HIPPO:

Calling International Rescue,calling International Rescue...............

Don't think even they can help.

#3476 5 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

someones not playing nice in the sandpit

#3477 5 years ago

So did all the preorder guys get their games? Last I read there were waiting for shipping... Did that happen?

#3478 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

So did all the preorder guys get their games? Last I read there were waiting for shipping... Did that happen?

I think that is what triggered the other forum discussion, with thunderbirds in stock with the distributor and advertised by them on gumtree which is like Craig’s list I think there in the US. Yet not all preorder guys have got there games = gameplay by mike - he knows how to ruin his business...

#3479 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I think that is what triggered the other forum discussion, with thunderbirds in stock with the distributor and advertised by them on gumtree which is like Craig’s list I think there in the US. Yet not all preorder guys have got there games = gameplay by mike - he knows how to ruin his business...

No this is not it. Its the constant undermining of the product by people who either are not customers, or wanting Homepin to fail (for whatever reason). Whilst opinions are encouraged, blatant attack on customers who have already received their machines, or ill informed comments such as this one, are the reason why everything is becoming a bigger mess. You may have read our answers already to Homepin preorder customers, or on the Aussie Arcade forum that you are quoting now - the machine (just 1 unit) being advertised is a Homepin pre-order customer's machine who no longer wanted his machine and has asked us to find a buyer. This has been explained at length. When we receive new orders in Australia, we offer pre-order customer machines first - any new Thunderbirds bulk orders (such as the Chrisco or other volume buyer in Australia) are being handled once Homepin pre-order customers receive their machines. There is no hidden agenda, but people keep changing the facts to keep this story going.

The Aussie Arcade "Gumtree post" started by asking people whether anyone had played the game, and then escalated with someone saying Mike was not allowed back to Australia, etc….then legal got involved.

#3480 5 years ago

No this is not it. Its the constant undermining of the product by people who either are not customers, or wanting Homepin to fail (for whatever reason). Whilst opinions are encouraged, blatant attack on customers who have already received their machines, or ill informed comments such as this one, are the reason why everything is becoming a bigger mess. You may have read our answers already to Homepin preorder customers, or on the Aussie Arcade forum that you are quoting now - the machine (just 1 unit) being advertised is a Homepin pre-order customer's machine who no longer wanted his machine and has asked us to find a buyer. This has been explained at length. When we receive new orders in Australia, we offer pre-order customer machines first - any new Thunderbirds bulk orders (such as the Chrisco or other volume buyer in Australia) are being handled once Homepin pre-order customers receive their machines. There is no hidden agenda, but people keep changing the facts to keep this story going.
The Aussie Arcade "Gumtree post" started by asking people whether anyone had played the game, and then escalated with someone saying Mike was not allowed back to Australia, etc….then legal got involved.

yeah yeah yeah,,,...

It's not a ill informed statement as I never read that thread, rather a "I think" statement but I bet Mike has fed you info on how to treat a few of us. I think you are ill informed as the reason for the mess, being Mike's actions and then your contribution to it.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing - If you just looked at the pre-order guys 6 months ago from a marketing point of view and out of good will got all the games here and covered the cost your's and Mike's business would of looked much better than how it does now to so many pinheads yet Mike played hardball = that is the real mess and frustration by everyone who are expressing in their own ways.

I think it says something that Mike is no longer on Aussie Pinball, Aussie Arcade and Pinside forums.....

#3481 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

yeah yeah yeah,,,...
It's not a ill informed statement as I never read that thread, rather a "I think" statement but I bet Mike has fed you info on how to treat a few of us. I think you are ill informed as the reason for the mess, being Mike's actions and then your contribution to it.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing - If you just looked at the pre-order guys 6 months ago from a marketing point of view and out of good will got all the games here and covered the cost your's and Mike's business would of looked much better than how it does now to so many pinheads yet Mike played hardball = that is the real mess and frustration by everyone who are expressing in their own ways.
I think it says something that Mike is no longer on Aussie Pinball, Aussie Arcade and Pinside forums.....

Sorry, what's your involvement in this game? Are you a pre-order customer?

#3482 5 years ago

Sorry, what's your involvement in this game? Are you a pre-order customer?

it is a forum not your web page, so people can ask and make comment ....... did some of that (post #3480) ring true?

#3483 5 years ago

so are there still any pre-order machines still sitting in China or have to be made waiting delayed due to the freight, GST saga?

#3484 5 years ago

I hope I understand correctly. No new order will come from stock until the pre order guys are done and dusted, except for the likes of chrisco and (not sure what this means), or bulk buyers.

If so it's going to make it some what easy to see how sales are going as it's not hard to find out how many preorders are still waiting.

#3485 5 years ago

I have read that multiple times as well Embryon

the gumtree one was a pre-order game that the owner doesn't want based on Highway's post above??? why not offer to the next pre-order person???

next part of the post suggests - 1 pre-order but then acknowledges multiple pre-order customers still awaiting games

So in summary - not all the pre-order guys have their games yet which was my post, cut the BS and give the guys there games, the longer you take the more return business you will lose. Just own it and move on. I was very interested in your Arcooda games back in 2015/16 (can't remember which year) at Pinfest but these don't appear to be pumping out either so I won't spend a cent until the games are in stock especially if Homepin is your manufacturer.

#3486 5 years ago

Two of my friends are waiting

#3487 5 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

I hope I understand correctly. No new order will come from stock until the pre order guys are done and dusted, except for the likes of chrisco and (not sure what this means), or bulk buyers.
If so it's going to make it some what easy to see how sales are going as it's not hard to find out how many preorders are still waiting.

Most of the original pre order pins have not shipped or are not made. About 4 have their games. No word on next container timing. It’s almost been 5 years 4 months etc from when I paid in full....maybe my game is two months away and this is the true reason for delay, I wish! 54321 TAG not.

#3488 5 years ago

I think Mike once said that he apparently only got 10-12 pre-orders:
- 2 got refunds
- 1 went to gumtree
- 4 have their games
- puts about 3-5 owing if that low pre-order number is correct

So Highway / Homepin - just make and deliver the final pre-order games to Aus and cover the remaining cost and alot of this frustration goes away, oh that's right some people are too stubborn to do that, they would rather lose future sales / support. At least the last 2 posts confirm what Highway is suggesting is incorrect.

#3489 5 years ago

Mike is his own worst enemy and anyone who is standing up for him just hasn’t worked that out yet.

#3490 5 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Mike is his own worst enemy and anyone who is standing up for him just hasn’t worked that out yet.

or has invested interest

#3491 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

or has invested interest

oh yeah where IS wiredoug?

4356354 (resized).jpg4356354 (resized).jpg
#3492 5 years ago

he has dropped past

screen-capture-55 (resized).pngscreen-capture-55 (resized).png
#3493 5 years ago

There really is only one person and one person only at fault here and we all know who that is!
But some like to call it a witch hunt? Well call him a witch then.

#3494 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

it is a forum not your web page, so people can ask and make comment ....... did some of that ring true?

So your not a pre-order customer, do not know all the facts, did not read the Aussie Arcade Gumtree thread....but still want to comment about what happened, or, what we have been doing. Our company has been working extremely hard in trying to help get everyone's machines delivered, but there has been a lot of undermining work which has/is delaying the machines.

Again, we understand you have issues with Homepin but please don't spread the wrong information. We have noticed that a group of you guys just travel from forum to forum, or social media post, or even contact buyers directly to talk negative about the product. We get it, you don't like the product or Homepin - but don't spread wrong information. The thing we do not understand is that you are trying to push the factory to close, but this results in no-one getting their machines....

#3495 5 years ago

Why is criticising something going to close the business. Why the scare mongering the pre order guys to shut up else you won't get your games if we don't sell any more. That's a bit harsh don't you think.

Stern get criticised all the time, they've never threatened to not supply. What next physical abuse.

Do what is best and if it works for you then good, if it back fires, then it's because of you not others. Homepin folding will be because of them not others, and if they succeed, it again is due to their good management and not what others say or recommend. Just own it and forget about us

#3496 5 years ago

I feel for Highway, they have tried, they have communicated well with me as a pre-order customer.

Alas, I have no machine and now fear I'll never receive one : (

I don't believe anyone in Adelaide Australia has received one to date.

Would love to hear the "what next" from Homepin and Mike.

I must say it is hard to watch machines get built on the Homepin Facebook Factory page and get shipped to places other than Australia.

For me, waiting patiently doesn't appear to have helped.

Regards,

Julien Greening

#3497 5 years ago

So your not a pre-order customer, do not know all the facts, did not read the Aussie Arcade Gumtree thread....but still want to comment about what happened, or, what we have been doing. Our company has been working extremely hard in trying to help get everyone's machines delivered, but there has been a lot of undermining work which has/is delaying the machines.
Again, we understand you have issues with Homepin but please don't spread the wrong information. We have noticed that a group of you guys just travel from forum to forum, or social media post, or even contact buyers directly to talk negative about the product. We get it, you don't like the product or Homepin - but don't spread wrong information. The thing we do not understand is that you are trying to push the factory to close, but this results in no-one getting their machines....

- I actually know alot of facts but that is not for a public forum but yes I push for the right thing to do.
- Only Mike is undermining himself and responsible for his actions and Embryon said it well so won't bother putting another spin on it.
- and then you make a oxymoron comment stating the above that I have issues with Homepin, yet you don't know me nor what my issues are from my perspective
Oxymoron (resized).jpgOxymoron (resized).jpg

- I don't travel from forum to forum in relation to pinball BS, or not on facebook or contact pre-order buyers so you are implying the wrong information about me
- the proof is out there, and a bunch of us are just principled and calling out what is the right thing to do. If Mike just did it you all could move on - isn't throwing $5k for the frieght worth saving face and gaining the respect of everyone, things calm down and Mike can concentrate on his next game quietly
- I suggested above to do a bit of good will and cover the freight for a few pins with a container load of other goods and square people up - how is that pushing the factory to close

hell, you don't even know me and I don't know you, yet I have met you when you had a shop front and at pinfest - chatted with you and was very impressed with the Arcooda project and was even offered an interview a couple of years ago when you advertised to be involved with your Arcooda project, but I declined based on a hunch.

I will leave you to solve the issue with the pre-order guys.

#3498 5 years ago
Quoted from julo:

I feel for Highway, they have tried, they have communicated well with me as a pre-order customer.
Alas, I have no machine and now fear I'll never receive one : (
I don't believe anyone in Adelaide Australia has received one to date.
Would love to hear the "what next" from Homepin and Mike.
I must say it is hard to watch machines get built on the Homepin Facebook Factory page and get shipped to places other than Australia.
For me, waiting patiently doesn't appear to have helped.
Regards,
Julien Greening

Julien, there is one in Adelaide(not original pre order customer). Long story how it got there, the owner wants to stay anonymous. I believe this to be true from info I have been told and other things I can’t say.

Let’s hope we get some good news soon! I wish Mike would respond to emails, bloody frustrating!

#3499 5 years ago

Lol @ forum posts sinking a business. You might want to let Facebook or paypal know that once people start sharing negative opinions, it's all over.

There is 100x the vitriol for Stern as there is homepin.

If the company fails there is one person to blame.

#3500 5 years ago
Quoted from Vintage2:

oh yeah where IS wiredoug?

not that its any of your business clint but i was out in the truck working for a living. Was actually down your way but i didnt drop in sorry. It wasnt overly late or anything I just didnt want to cos frankly .. I dont like you

There are 4,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 91.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepin-official-thread-pinball-parts-machine-progress/page/70?hl=ericc123 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.