Untitled (resized).png
hplockbar (resized).jpg
hpbuttons (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20200808_121939 (resized).jpg
16178194 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 91.
#3401 5 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Is the opposite of a TROLL called a LEACH?
Serious question as the word TROLL gets thrown around way too much IMO.
So ang suggestions on what you woul call followers/ lovers / investors of a certain person / product?

Interesting question and was wondering that the other day - I found the opposite was considered a Internet Pixie - sprinkle fairy dust to make everything positive

Quoted from wiredoug:

always with the attempts to attack people instead of discuss products..

we did try that but Mike grabbed his bat and ball when he didn't like peoples thoughts on the flipper buttons

#3402 5 years ago

maybe the easiest wiredoug is ask pinside moderators is to close the official thread as Mike / Homepin is gone and pretty sure that was his 3rd time to take a break so he can't come back so no longer official.

#3403 5 years ago

Mike did this. Mike did that. You could just give it a rest that would work to. The news of the new ramp is a good positive step.

Endlessly “oh look a sample of 10 of the 20 constant detractors said it was junk so he’s a failure yay awesome” ...just ...isn’t

#3404 5 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

Delighted. Yes.its just totally inflammatory in this context. nothing productive can come of further talk about “people not products” in this topic.

Meh.
Fair to be a separate topic, but not a big enough deal for a callout on it.

Anyway, yes the metal ramp does appear to be visually a big improvement. Unfortunately game still needs more than a metal ramp upgrade but fair credit for trying to Start a new company. If mikes social skills weren’t so -no bs cut to the chase, rough, and unapologetic - this could at least be going slightly better.

If #2 is better received that would be great! However I tend to side with Ben Heck’s assertion about nailing the parts supply market rather than selling a #1 selling pin.. for now.

#3405 5 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Meh.
Fair to be a separate topic, but not a big enough deal for a callout on it.
Anyway, yes the metal ramp does appear to be visually a big improvement. Unfortunately game still needs more than a metal ramp upgrade but fair credit for trying to Start a new company. If mikes social skills weren’t so -no bs cut to the chase, rough, and unapologetic - this could at least be going slightly better.
If #2 is better received that would be great! However I tend to side with Ben Heck’s assertion about nailing the parts supply market rather than selling a #1 selling pin.. for now.

The parts market was their intent from the beginning in my opinion only. Preorder money would have assisted greatly to get that side of things rolling again only my thoughts. So iI think Homepin succeeded there

#3406 5 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

Delighted. Yes.its just totally inflammatory in this context. nothing productive can come of further talk about “people not products” in this topic.

Mike’s BullDoug is back.

#3407 5 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Mike’s BullDoug is back.

or is it DougsBull

#3408 5 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

The parts market was their intent from the beginning in my opinion

Your opinion is incorrect but certainly good thinking. It’s what I and others tried from day one to get him to do but the machine factory. Not stray parts, was always the goal for mike.

dont get me wrong.. homepin makes parts. But they arent for "selling parts.", ...they are for the games.

here is new target faces and rubbers..... if it was about the parts i would have 1000 of each rubber here by now.. alas .. im stuck buying the crappy ones form elsewhere.

Screen Shot 2018-12-29 at 12.10.29 am (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-12-29 at 12.10.29 am (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-12-29 at 12.10.22 am (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-12-29 at 12.10.22 am (resized).png

#3409 5 years ago

Rubber is good but old tech.
Silicone is the future and once used, you never go back.

#3410 5 years ago

I hate silicone.
It doesn’t bounce right. Rubber is and will always be king.

#3411 5 years ago

Furry muff, I just think of consistent bounce, cleanliness and longevity. Far superior IMO.
Colours are just a bonus.

#3412 5 years ago

Furry muff, I just think of consistent bounce, cleanliness and longevity. Far superior IMO.

Id rather use rubber, it doesn't stress the mechanics as much. So I'd rather replace a cheap rubber ring then an expensive mechanism.

#3413 5 years ago

Not true...I tried silicone more than once, each time I could not get them off quick enough and replace them with good old rubber

#3414 5 years ago

I think so as well.

#3415 5 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

I think so as well.

old school vs new school I guess? All good

#3416 5 years ago

I can't tell the difference between Titan and regular rubber. Superbands are another story. Way way way too bouncy.

#3417 5 years ago

When we say silicone, is this Superbands? Or is there some other silicone thing? I have found Superbands to be weirdly sticky and too bouncy compared to regular rubber.

#3418 5 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

When we say silicone, is this Superbands? Or is there some other silicone thing? I have found Superbands to be weirdly sticky and too bouncy compared to regular rubber.

Superbands are polyurethane. Titans/perfect plays are silicone.

Rubber is the only one that people should buy. Because it bounces like rubber.

#3419 5 years ago

if silicone was a bit better, but rubber was a bit cheaper. ...Any manufacturer with a clue would use rubber.

exaggerated for clarity it goes this like this.

- so we're building 10000 boxes.
- ok each box needs a widget set
- the good widgets cost an extra $1 a set.
- $1 seems like nothing but its 10000 all up.
- "will be get an extra 10k return if we use the good widgets?"
- ..no.., then use the cheap one. done.

silicone suits some enthusiasts but your normal mum and dad buyer doesnt care for it and wont pay extra for it

#3420 5 years ago

Based on vid's initial posts, I have always assume titans perform like rubber but wear better: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/titans-competition-silicone-rubber-vids-review

Has something changed?

#3421 5 years ago

if silicone was a bit better, but rubber was a bit cheaper. ...Any manufacturer with a clue would use rubber. /blockquote>

This is why we have ( for example ) Mercedes who use newer methods, technology and are at the forefront of their industry. Then there is FORD who rely on cheaper or more cost effective methods which are more appealing to a budget minded customer base.

I know what I prefer . Who has the clue? High end set the bench mark that the rest follow, eventually ABS, airbags , etc.etc.
Your method of thinking is just not true.

#3422 5 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

if silicone was a bit better, but rubber was a bit cheaper. ...Any manufacturer with a clue would use rubber.
exaggerated for clarity it goes this like this.
- so we're building 10000 boxes.
- ok each box needs a widget set
- the good widgets cost an extra $1 a set.
- $1 seems like nothing but its 10000 all up.
- "will be get an extra 10k return if we use the good widgets?"
- ..no.., then use the cheap one. done.
silicone suits some enthusiasts but your normal mum and dad buyer doesnt care for it and wont pay extra for it

And dad will never change the rubber or fix them with staples etc lol

1 week later
#3423 5 years ago

When is the next “homepin title being announced?

#3424 5 years ago
Quoted from nasco62:

who is left to announce it?

#3425 5 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

who is left to announce it?

only those that have some invested interest....

#3426 5 years ago
Quoted from nasco62:

but this isn't aimed at the US, Europe or Australia - just Asia

#3429 5 years ago

“Disclaimer
This item is heavy and will incur an additional $50 delivery charge“

Seems cheaper than the delivery options we’ve been hinted at

#3430 5 years ago

CHRISCO......Wow tuff sell to Joe Public who probably has never seen the machine. Are the arcade cabs the same ones Aldi was selling a few weeks ago?

#3431 5 years ago

This isn't anything new. It was in the Chrisco catalogue last year.

#3432 5 years ago

So I have been in Singapore, Thailand and China over the past 3 weeks

Look forward to seeing more Pinball Machines in these Places Soon

Missed nothing here

#3433 5 years ago

If any Aussie pre orderers haven't got theirs yet , I apologise for posting this.
BUT I did play blunderturds ( my new nickname )here in Western Australia today and me ol mate got GC of 990,000,000.
My review is a solid YEAH but NAH!

fullsizeoutput_1ee (resized).jpegfullsizeoutput_1ee (resized).jpeg
#3434 5 years ago

lol

Did he almost roll it?

#3435 5 years ago

If any Aussie pre orderers haven't got theirs yet , I apologise for posting this.
BUT I did play blunderturds ( my new nickname )here in Western Australia today and me ol mate got GC of 990,000,000.
[quoted image]

Almost clocked it!

#3436 5 years ago

Don't know if it goes over 1 Billion, being electronic I would think so?
If you are a fan on the show, you may like it for nostalgia purposes, maybe.
I just think of all the nice EM's I could buy for the same price.
But hey, what would I know. I still think Gilligans's Island is " THE BEST GAME EVER "

#3437 5 years ago

alas, when looking for a game designer they chose the 'wrong way'.

gilligan01 (resized).jpggilligan01 (resized).jpg
#3438 5 years ago

[quoted image]

And that was on 1 Ball

#3439 5 years ago

Heh, I have def noticed that if the game is set to easy, it is REALLY easy. And set to hard, it is REALLY hard. Mine is set to hard.

#3440 5 years ago

Hey it's the same high score entry screen as AMH!

So they stole our boards AND code. Wankers.

#3441 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

So I’ve had the code for 4 years in AMH great, so after 5 years update yesterday from Highway was your machine can be shipped LCL but it’s not available, told have to wait for all the people who paid first!!! Funny how one of my league members got his pin already and only paid a year ago.

Just more delays and BS. I hope all other original pre orders have their pins now and I’m the only one waiting.

#3442 5 years ago

This is probably the most taboo game ever.

#3443 5 years ago

This is probably the most taboo game ever.

i dont know.
isnt there another manufacturer who puts the 'boo' in ta'boo' pinball ?

#3444 5 years ago

[quoted image]

Blunderturds hahahaha

#3445 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

its china would you expect anything less?

#3446 5 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

its china would you expect anything less?

it's the person who runs the company, even worse

wonder if this is the art for the rumoured 2 game considered hassonchop did this art and blunderturds, this one could be called Billaflop

splash (resized).jpgsplash (resized).jpgdash (resized).jpgdash (resized).jpg

#3448 5 years ago

i would love a surfin pinball !

The game would have to feature babes and reefer

and a escape from shark video mode of course

Theme song ?

#3449 5 years ago

the pics are from here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tube-time-custom-surfing-pin#post-3746692
at the time swinks complimented hassanchop on his work. It seems thats changed

#3450 5 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

the pics are from here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tube-time-custom-surfing-pin#post-3746692
at the time swinks complimented hassanchop on his work. It seems thats changed

Those girls look wrong

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 29.00
Electronics
Cobra Amusements
Electronics
$ 20.00
Various Novelties
GC Pinball
Various novelties
There are 4,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 91.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepin-official-thread-pinball-parts-machine-progress/page/69?hl=alby and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.