Untitled (resized).png
hplockbar (resized).jpg
hpbuttons (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20200808_121939 (resized).jpg
16178194 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 91.
#3351 5 years ago

where did the video go? you might have to re post. Wonder if this has the fixes?

#3352 5 years ago

not to mention the orbits that don't orbit!! haha

worst-animation-ever (resized).jpgworst-animation-ever (resized).jpg
#3353 5 years ago

Yeah those guys are having lots of fun in that video makes ya wanna buy one doesn’t it

#3354 5 years ago

that's funny
- can see the guys love it
- the drains
- and the comments -
"strange game"
"it's waiting for something"
"it is different"
"the rules are different"

#3355 5 years ago

At 1:48, the ball gets weirdly stuck... just after they comment that it’s a weird game. Coincidence?

I watch this and all I can think is: it looks like someone decided to remake a Data East game and they sourced music by hitting record after getting put on hold by the cable company.

#3356 5 years ago

I have to say - I found the animations very confusing, and weird.. I was trying to follow the video without sound, which ought to be simple, but the DMD was throwing up all sorts of weird stuff like "BONUS" and "End of mission" etc almost as soon as the game started.

Right at the start of the video the first guy playing gets "TB4" straight away with his first ball plunge, even though it looks like it should need 3 separate letters to complete it?

Also some little oddities like bonuses showing 0 briefly before changing to the correct number, or hanging around on the screen too long. And callouts that keep repeating, etc.

It doesn't seem to flow at all, and it seems like there are no orbits?

Worst of all it didn't seem like those three people were enjoying playing at all. Watching them shuffle off after each drain was depressing viewing.

#3357 5 years ago

I could only watch about 10 mins but it seemed like they were looking longingly at the other games and wishing they were switched on.

#3358 5 years ago

This is my game in the video. It was set to hard, to be fair. It has its issues and quirks, but I enjoy it, as did most people that tried it. Weird, different, and other words did come up a lot, but most liked it. We streamed Lexy Lightspeed right after this, its back to back with this game in the room

1 week later
#3359 5 years ago

Thunderbirds finally got it's 15th rating (with and without comment) and averages out at 5.379, so in the Pinside top 100 it now falls into place 358, guessing pinside will update soon

screen-capture-48 (resized).pngscreen-capture-48 (resized).png

#3360 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Thunderbirds finally got it's 15th rating (with and without comment) and averages out at 5.379, so in the Pinside top 100 it now falls into place 358, guessing pinside will update soon
[quoted image]

but, I like hyperball

#3361 5 years ago

hyperball is still rated higher though

#3362 5 years ago

You gotta admit, it has a nice playfield prop.

#3363 5 years ago

Holy crap, it's worse than Raven!

#3364 5 years ago

Is it the lowest ranking new pin debut ever?

#3365 5 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

Isn’t this the honeymoon period? Most games drop at least 100 places once ratings settle down

#3366 5 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

Probably although Jetsons and The Mafia never got enough ratings to make the list

#3367 5 years ago

As Thunderbirds production comes to a finish, and the original pre order guys are left chasing their tails with nothing to show for their pre order money, Homepin starts advertising pin No 2 parts on the line.

Just another stool dropped on top of us.

IMG_2918 (resized).JPGIMG_2918 (resized).JPG
#3368 5 years ago

What a joke of a company, and a slap to the face of the people who have been out their money for 5 years. (edited).
There is zero justification for these people not having games yet. Zero. Mike is no better than Andrew Heighway.

#3369 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I hope he loses everything he owns at this point.

what a lovely Christmas message.

#3370 5 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

As Thunderbirds production comes to a finish, and the original pre order guys are left chasing their tails with nothing to show for their pre order money, Homepin starts advertising pin No 2 parts on the line.
Just another stool dropped on top of us.[quoted image]

production is finished? since when???? please dont make things up.

the original untwisted message from facebook for those interested ..

///
Now that the design of Thunderbirds Pinball is complete, and we are gradually filing all orders, a few of our staff have a lot less to do so they are preparing things for Homepin title number two! Starting with trimming the red bumper caps from the sprue.
We had our plastic mould modified slightly to add a diffuser center section which will save us having to fit a sticker to each cap.
///

staff member trimming those cabs is nothing to do with your game being built. would you rather she lost her job or did something productive.?

#3371 5 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

what a lovely Christmas message.

Exactly. I don't think Mike has done anything to warrant that kind of response. He is trying to make a go of it, I hope he can pull it together.

#3372 5 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

production is finished? since when???? please dont make things up.
the original untwisted message from facebook for those interested ..
///
Now that the design of Thunderbirds Pinball is complete, and we are gradually filing all orders, a few of our staff have a lot less to do so they are preparing things for Homepin title number two! Starting with trimming the red bumper caps from the sprue.
We had our plastic mould modified slightly to add a diffuser center section which will save us having to fit a sticker to each cap.
///
staff member trimming those cabs is nothing to do with your game being built. would you rather she lost her job or did something productive.?

I would hate to twist anything??? Early 2019 is all Highway can advise on expected availability of our games!! Last made up update from Homepin early this year clearly states all parts are ready to build our games ha ha.

Last games shown on FB page shipped to WA, Highway advised this was organised before they came onboard! Once again games shipped with pre orders overlooked. We were on board first.

Mike was the biggest fiction writer on here, so if your going to continue I have a long list! Merry Christmas

#3373 5 years ago

Continue? Not remotely interested in arguring thanks. Civil logic and facts is ok. Nothing else interests me. The wa container you mentioned is true. They paid their freight and gst the same as you were offered. It’s preorders being shipped. That’s good right? No one disputes you got hit by the failed forecast that shipping would be simpler but early 2019 starts in a week away so that’s pretty soon. Your personal attack on mike is irrelevant bluster. Should he sack everyone who isn’t building your game? Or get them onto progress so he’s around to support it. Try and see past the me me me me I want my game thing. It’s not just about you. You’re perfectly entitled to be sad you don’t have yours yet but let’s try and appreciate that games are shipping so your day will come. Wishing him to lose everything is just nasty

#3374 5 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

Continue? Not remotely interested in arguring thanks. Civil logic and facts is ok. Nothing else interests me. The wa container you mentioned is true. They paid their freight and gst the same as you were offered. It’s preorders being shipped. That’s good right? No one disputes you got hit by the failed forecast that shipping would be simpler but early 2019 starts in a week away so that’s pretty soon. Your personal attack on mike is irrelevant bluster. Should he sack everyone who isn’t building your game? Or get them onto progress so he’s around to support it. Try and see past the me me me me I want my game thing. It’s not just about you. You’re perfectly entitled to be sad you don’t have yours yet but let’s try and appreciate that games are shipping so your day will come. Wishing him to lose everything is just nasty

I think you have mixed your posts up....I have never wished him to lose everything.

We were never given shipping and gst invoices...so it’s wrong to think we held this part of the process up it’s just not true.

#3375 5 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

Get that hand out of your But, you are Both Markc and mike mouth piece how many hats are you wearing or invested in?

#3376 5 years ago

Wayne, why bother?
the machine is out, it seems to be speaking louder than we ever could

#3377 5 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

Wayne, why bother?
the machine is out, it seems to be speaking louder than we ever could

even if you bought a bad meal, you still paid for it and deserve to receive what you paid for.

#3378 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

even if you bought a bad meal, you still paid for it and deserve to receive what you paid for.

Look at you go turbo

WW (resized).jpgWW (resized).jpg
#3379 5 years ago

I honestly don't understand the zeal with which some members seem to want this, and Mike, to fail.

There are people who have skin in the game, so the longer the company operates the greater chance those people have of getting what they paid for. Wishing foreclosure or whatever on the company doesn't serve those people's interests at all, quite the opposite in fact.

Also - fundamentally - more choice is good. You might not like the theme (it does nothing for me), you might not like the game and have genuine objectively legitimate issues with it - certainly some have been expressed on this thread. But am I glad it exists? You bet I am.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. I haven't produced a pinball machine, I'm pretty confident I would fail to deliver one if I tried. Based on this I have a fundamental measure of respect for what has been achieved. I certainly would not be throwing stones if my own reputation wasn't beyond reproach.

#3380 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

I honestly don't understand the zeal with which some members seem to want this, and Mike, to fail.

There are people who have skin in the game, so the longer the company operates the greater chance those people have of getting what they paid for. Wishing foreclosure or whatever on the company doesn't serve those people's interests at all, quite the opposite in fact.

Also - fundamentally - more choice is good. You might not like the theme (it does nothing for me), you might not like the game and have genuine objectively legitimate issues with it - certainly some have been expressed on this thread. But am I glad it exists? You bet I am.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. I haven't produced a pinball machine, I'm pretty confident I would fail to deliver one if I tried. Based on this I have a fundamental measure of respect for what has been achieved. I certainly would not be throwing stones if my own reputation wasn't beyond reproach.

And that's a fair, unbiased assessment!! I can fully understand the frustration from the guys who paid up front and haven't got their machines yet (i would feel the same way i'm sure) but there seems to be a bunch of people commenting negatively that seem to have no real reason to. They either seem to despise Mike for his social skills (and i'm NOT saying he's great at that), they have no connection with purchasing nor wanting to purchase the machine, they run a business that "may" in some way be perceived as competition OR are just being forum trolls for the sake of jumping on the bandwagon like trolls do (mostly to stir the pot to get a response, and let's face it, a lot of people will respond) Having extra choice in the pinball market isn't a bad thing at all and he's at least got a machine to the finish line unlike some others. I would reckon that Mike himself would surely do things differently on hindsight but hindsight is a luxury that none of us can claim to own!

#3381 5 years ago

Some of the reasons Mike has accumulated dislike is that he has been so opinionated about other peoples games / products over the years and then throw in racist comments and even hatred to pinside in the last few years and refusal to sell to the US but then backflipped because he lost alot of support in Australia. I do hope all pre-buyers are made whole quickly, as not doing so just earns him / Homepin and Highway Entertainment a lack of support and it is the right thing to do.

Also you have to remember he is not welcome on Australia's 2 main pinball forums due to his behaviour so even though I take my hat off to him for effort and perseverance, I don't respect the way he treats people - karma has it's way of repaying people in good and bad. So there is some consistency to Mike, so I doubt Mike would do things differently as that is just his nature.

And Thunderbirds also has now gained 16 votes and now been listed on Pinside's top 100 sitting in last place at 361.

screen-capture-49 (resized).pngscreen-capture-49 (resized).png

#3382 5 years ago

Any hint or guesses on game #2..................Mike-Mike

We all get it and can search ratings if we choose too....lets move on from the implied negativity-it has been a rough road and is seemingly getting sorted out to most peoples satisfaction.But some from OZ,mostly pre-order guys-It appears from here in landlocked-Colorado,USA..................

You guys have gone through the above mentioned channels in this thread and have contacted those distributors that were laid out in the last few months in this thread ??.........and paid for your shipping and taxes due ??

#3383 5 years ago

apparently an asian theme - possibly a kung fu I reckon, probably jackie chan fame - who knows and really it is only targeted at Asia

#3384 5 years ago
Quoted from v8torino:

Any hint or guesses on game #2.......We all get it and can search ratings if we choose too....l.........and paid for your shipping and taxes due ??

all i can say is i think game2 is a good choice but im not buying it either ;D

anyone bothering with ratings when the sample size is smaller than the pool of known trolls and noisy upset customers need to go back to statistics101. That said my guess its never going to be top 10

If people dont like him or the game or his opinion on gay migrants then great.. say so and move on.. trolling on and on about it makes you no better.

v8 on the shipping question in general you might say they declined to pay theirs individually and are waiting on shared shipping (cheaper). But are then trying to whinge people who *did* pay their own freight got games first.

#3385 5 years ago

So I took a break from having fun at the Pinball Palace in Brunswick GA to take a small video of Thunderbirds with new metal ramp...

Its a very fast ramp now!
Too bad my gal pal isn't too great at pinball...

#3386 5 years ago
20181221_145641 (resized).jpg20181221_145641 (resized).jpg20181221_145647 (resized).jpg20181221_145647 (resized).jpg20181221_145652 (resized).jpg20181221_145652 (resized).jpg20181221_145658(0) (resized).jpg20181221_145658(0) (resized).jpg
#3387 5 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Just another stool dropped on top of us.[quoted image]

How many have yet to get their games?

#3388 5 years ago

I just installed the new metal ramp as well. It's certainly a huge improvement over the original flimsy plastic one. Looks a lot nicer too.

#3389 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

apparently an asian theme - possibly a kung fu I reckon, probably jackie chan fame - who knows and really it is only targeted at Asia

Seems a licence with wide appeal would be the best idea, Thunderbirds seem to be a pretty big flop, so making the next game a hit is a must surely!?

#3390 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

so making the next game a hit is a must surely!?

I recommend "Tie me kangaroo down, sport", was a big hit once

#3392 5 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

How many have yet to get their games?

#3393 5 years ago

From what I know, there was around 10 - 12 original pre orderers.
Homepin even commented in this thread not long ago that he could almost count them on his fingers, and I concur.
I hear 2 -3 have been delivered at this time.

#3394 5 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

From what I know, there was around 10 - 12 original pre orderers.
Homepin even commented in this thread not long ago that he could almost count them on his fingers, and I concur.
I hear 2 -3 have been delivered at this time.

?WTF
only that many preorders and Mike felt the need to make make those few people jump through so many hoops to get their game

my opinion has fallen further

#3395 5 years ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

I recommend "Tie me kangaroo down, sport", was a big hit once

Youd be unwise to touch anything associated with Rolf Harris

#3396 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

so making the next game a hit is a must surely!?

I understand your thinking but i disagree .. he doesnt have the production capacity for a "hit".. a niche win would be better.

#3397 5 years ago

Is the opposite of a TROLL called a LEACH?
Serious question as the word TROLL gets thrown around way too much IMO.
So ang suggestions on what you woul call followers/ lovers / investors of a certain person / product?

#3398 5 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Is the opposite of a TROLL ...of a certain person / product?

always with the attempts to attack people instead of discuss products..

do you like the look of the ramp? a very skilled fellow in china hand built each one. It appears he did a fine job? lets discuss his work not call him names.

#3399 5 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

always with the attempts to attack people instead of discuss products..
do you like the look of the ramp? a very skilled fellow in china hand built each one. It appears he did a fine job? lets discuss his work not call him names.

Keh?
I like the ramp and did so in a thumbs up. Don't care who built the damn thing.
Any way as I don't understand your reply.
I have started a new topic so no one thinks it is pointed towards Homepin or Thunderbirds.
Happy now ?

#3400 5 years ago

Delighted. Yes.its just totally inflammatory in this context. nothing productive can come of further talk about “people not products” in this topic.

There are 4,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 91.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepin-official-thread-pinball-parts-machine-progress/page/68?hl=ericc123 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.