Untitled (resized).png
hplockbar (resized).jpg
hpbuttons (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20200808_121939 (resized).jpg
16178194 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 91.
#3302 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

The owner who is selling his on pinside said that if you lock a ball you can play forever so I was more concerned with that bit of code being updated.

He is incorrect.

He claims to have only played 10 games so how could he possibly know?

#3303 5 years ago

I mean if its true its easy to test... stick a ball in the lock and game doesn't end really only need to start 1 game on it to test it.

#3304 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

I mean if its true its easy to test... stick a ball in the lock and game doesn't end really only need to start 1 game on it to test it.

Like I said, he is incorrect

#3305 5 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

ahhh, sitting by the side of the river, just watchin'

Hey Pete,
Get your rod in the water mate.
They're on the bite.

#3307 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

If you lock a ball and then drain your current ball, the ball in the lock will be released to play on. If you manage to lock that ball you repeat the process...

Is that right Mikey?

#3308 5 years ago
Quoted from Bruce_Pickle:

If you lock a ball and then drain your current ball, the ball in the lock will be released to play on. If you manage to lock that ball you repeat the process...
Is that right Mikey?

Not quite. There is a timer that releases the trapped ball if you don't succeed in achieving multiball within 30 seconds. The trapped ball is released and the T2 ramp comes up.

You cannot "play forever" by locking one ball.

#3309 5 years ago

Ah cool. Good idea

#3310 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Not quite. There is a timer that releases the trapped ball if you don't succeed in achieving multiball within 30 seconds. The trapped ball is released and the T2 ramp comes up.
You cannot "play forever" by locking one ball.

So you lock a ball, spend 30 seconds avoiding multiball to stay safe... then play the gimme MB after it releases, then immediately lock another ball once done to get "safe" again...? What is involved in lighting lock, and does the difficulty ever increase? Does not sound good for tournament play in any case...

#3311 5 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

So you lock a ball, spend 30 seconds avoiding multiball to stay safe... then play the gimme MB after it releases, then immediately lock another ball once done to get "safe" again...? What is involved in lighting lock, and does the difficulty ever increase? Does not sound good for tournament play in any case...

You cannot repeatedly lock a ball and keep playing.

Also, when in multiball, the T2 ramp will not come down until there are only two balls left in play. It is possible to lock a ball (when there are two left in play) - then the timer starts - this can only be done one time.

I repeat, it is not possible to continue to lock a ball and play 'forever'.

TAG was never intended nor was it designed for tournament play, so cross it off your list. It was never our intention for it to be a tournament machine. There are plenty of others for that.

#3312 5 years ago

When I played, it seemed like I was able to repeatedly lock a ball, eventually drain a ball, locked ball then releases, then relock the ball. Rinse and repeat. Must have done it at least 5 times. Definitely need to adjust code to make it harder to utilize this strategy.

#3313 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

When I played, it seemed like I was able to repeatedly lock a ball, eventually drain a ball, locked ball then releases, then relock the ball. Rinse and repeat. Must have done it at least 5 times. Definitely need to adjust code to make it harder to utilize this strategy.

I don't know what machine you played or what settings had been changed on it?

#3314 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

I don't know what machine you played or what settings had been changed on it?

The one that was at the Banning, California pinball expo October 21 of this tear.

#3315 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

The one that was at the Banning, California pinball expo October 21 of this tear.

Doesn't help me. I still have no idea which exact machine it was as we didn't ship any machines to the USA - it would have come from somewhere else.

#3316 5 years ago

Hello supporters.

I have done my best in this thread to keep people informed with progress in the factory and things we were doing on a day to day basis that I thought might interest most. Many have said they love the updates, some others, well they seem to only be interested in being negative or stirring trouble.

In fact, the title of this thread is "Pinball Parts & Machine Progress" - not, "let's see how hard we can stir Homepin".

Far too often it has been derailed and comments made that are not helpful to anyone. I have done my best to answer questions and also helped buyers to work through delivery issues mostly caused by damage in transit. We have learned from this and changed things to improve delivery including a new steel pallet.

I have had enough of the people who delight in nitpicking and just being negative in general for the sake of it. We have done our very best over more than four years through thick and thin to bring a new machine to life and all some can do is complain about the shape of the flipper buttons - really? How about the 200 other things that are massive improvements on many other machines out there....no, don't want to see that, let's just be negative about the buttons!

I won't be able to help via PM here any longer so anyone wanting repair assistance please use the correct channels. First approach your seller agent. If you feel you are not getting the answers you want then contact us at:

[email protected]

Thanks to the many positive people who have helped Homepin get this far and also for the positive words of encouragement and I apologise to those who enjoyed the factory updates. I will try to keep the Facebook page updated but it has not been accessible here for a month now so we will have to see what happens there.

Mike

#3317 5 years ago

you'll be back

#3318 5 years ago

Yes he will but who really cares?

The fact that Mike has graced us with his presence thus far is amazing despite the narcissism and arrogant attitude

#3319 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

I have had enough of the people who delight in nitpicking and just being negative in general for the sake of it. We have done our very best over more than four years through thick and thin to bring a new machine to life and all some can do is complain about the shape of the flipper buttons

Actually, they're complaining about really bad code, giving you real-world examples of actual gameplay, and asking if settings can be changed to modify the game's behaviour. You, owner of the company that just made the game, have absolutely no useful answer for them.

#3320 5 years ago

Mike has stated that it is what it is..................not a tournament game,not generally meant for the Pinside crowd or U S market.He has orders to fill and clientele for his first effort machine,100% being built by his small crew in China-who basically fit these in-between their main business ventures,which can be found and researched if you are interested in getting some other pinball machine parts at a reasonable price point....per se

They/He has had numerous obstacles that can be researched as well.Don't bash and bitch and pull out the pitchforks !!

It's the Holiday season...........some have issues that are not fit to be heard,discussed,dissected here on the World Wide Web..................better fit for a behind the scenes remedy.

It's pinball.............have fun !!........Keep flippin and embrace it.

No harm,disrespect or any hidden agenda here.............take a breath and enjoy all we have in being able to afford and have the freedom of actually owning a pinball machine in our house.................some people would welcome much less in their lives in this crazy world we all share !!..........You get more bees with honey than you do with.......................ahhh bullshit.

Peace and Happy Holidays to you flippin son of a guns........Thumbs up/Thumbs down....my best to you all-Kirk in Colorado

#3321 5 years ago

Nope. The boss conveniently stated "it is what it is" after honest reviews started coming out and tried to lower his own bar. The game is a POS. You can put all the sprinkles you want on a dog turd, but it's still a turd. The obstacles are just excuses. If you throw enough crap around you're bound to get some on you.
Are you going to buy a Thunderbirds?...................... Nope

#3322 5 years ago

O.K. I will say something nice.

As far as the orange dmd, it looked much brighter and more vibrant than any other dmd I have seen on a game. It really stood out. I wondered if it was a different design than a classic dmd, or else perhaps runnng at a higher voltage? Curious if the brightness will affect longevity.

#3323 5 years ago

Understand, that Mike is out there. He can't be bargained with, he can't be reasoned with, he doesn't feel pity or remorse, or fear, and he absolutely will not stop, ever, from coming back here and posting in this thread.

#3324 5 years ago

I don't know as pretty sure this is his 3rd time to have a dummie spit and de-activate, and pretty sure pinsides terms are 3 times and it's over and out

over the years he has been very opinionated and given many people grief, shit on pinside and people in general - funny he is no longer on Aussie Pinball, Aussie Arcade and now Pinside - that should tell people what he is consistently like - what comes around goes around.

#3325 5 years ago

A little light entertainment while we wait...

#3326 5 years ago

If I were Mike, I would listen to feedback to make sure game number 2 is better.

Yes, there are tons of nice mechanical touches in TB and it's priced super competitively.

Having played it, none of that matters if the game doesn't feel compelling to play.

I would like to see game number 2 play less floaty, flippers feel spongy, and have game code that is addictive.

Games do not have to be deep in order to be fun.

Get your coders to play Iron Man and Bram Stokers Dracula. Simple rulesets but those games are totally compelling.

Anyway, just my tuppence!

#3327 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

O.K. I will say something nice.
As far as the orange dmd, it looked much brighter and more vibrant than any other dmd I have seen on a game. It really stood out. I wondered if it was a different design than a classic dmd, or else perhaps runnng at a higher voltage? Curious if the brightness will affect longevity.

that I can help you with as they are from my supplier available in amber, red, green, white, blue pick and place leds

#3328 5 years ago
Quoted from v8torino:

Mike has stated that it is what it is..................not a tournament game,not generally meant for the Pinside crowd or U S market.He has orders to fill and clientele for his first effort machine,100% being built by his small crew in China-who basically fit these in-between their main business ventures,which can be found and researched if you are interested in getting some other pinball machine parts at a reasonable price point....per se
They/He has had numerous obstacles that can be researched as well.Don't bash and bitch and pull out the pitchforks !!
It's the Holiday season...........some have issues that are not fit to be heard,discussed,dissected here on the World Wide Web..................better fit for a behind the scenes remedy.
It's pinball.............have fun !!........Keep flippin and embrace it.
No harm,disrespect or any hidden agenda here.............take a breath and enjoy all we have in being able to afford and have the freedom of actually owning a pinball machine in our house.................some people would welcome much less in their lives in this crazy world we all share !!..........You get more bees with honey than you do with.......................ahhh bullshit.
Peace and Happy Holidays to you flippin son of a guns........Thumbs up/Thumbs down....my best to you all-Kirk in Colorado

Not for pinside crowd, not for the seasoned pinball player, then piss off. Why post anything at all here or anywhere except on his own dedicated site. Use your own Homepin sIte and/or facebook then. But no he's hoping to pick up a sale or two not to inform his customers. Heard of emails? Make a phone call? CARE!!!!

I'm not reading any compassion or respect in his posts for his existing customers, just propaganda for more sales at any cost. Belly button girls while guys are still waiting on games. I'm sure if the doctors posted funnies in light of his wife's tragedy I'd be going them for Mike. Respect my friends too mate

#3329 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Understand, that Mike is out there. He can't be bargained with, he can't be reasoned with, he doesn't feel pity or remorse, or fear, and he absolutely will not stop, ever, from coming back here and posting in this thread.

best post of the entire thread, I just spit coffee on my monitor...thanks

terminator-kyle-reese-1280jpg-87751d_1280w[1] (resized).jpgterminator-kyle-reese-1280jpg-87751d_1280w[1] (resized).jpg
#3330 5 years ago

I wish I could say I feel sorry for the guy.. but you look back through this thread and see some of the nonsense and head-scratching comments he's made as the president of a company that's speaking directly to his buying base, and you really have to wonder. I'm all about supporting industry folk, but not if they're going to behave like that. When you plop down down coin on a NIB game – serious coin – you want to know that it will be backed from the top to the bottom of the company by competence and confidence... frankly, even if I liked TB, I don't think I'd risk putting money toward a product that's backed by support of someone willing to operate himself publicly in a manner like this. I felt the same exact way about Heighway (but for slightly different reasons).

I respect that some collectors are willing to look past this nonsense and only want to focus on a game or a specific title... I just can't.

#3331 5 years ago

I think what happens is these guys spend 90% of their time spooling up a company and just 10% on the game design.

And yes the belly button flipper buttons do feel weird.

#3332 5 years ago

The game is ****...what don't you get...

#3333 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I wish I could say I feel sorry for the guy.. but you look back through this thread and see some of the nonsense and head-scratching comments he's made as the president of a company that's speaking directly to his buying base, and you really have to wonder. I'm all about supporting industry folk, but not if they're going to behave like that. When you plop down down coin on a NIB game – serious coin – you want to know that it will be backed from the top to the bottom of the company by competence and confidence... frankly, even if I liked TB, I don't think I'd risk putting money toward a product that's backed by support of someone willing to operate himself publicly in a manner like this. I felt the same exact way about Heighway (but for slightly different reasons).
I respect that some collectors are willing to look past this nonsense and only want to focus on a game or a specific title... I just can't.

I’ve been in fully paid for 5 years. Initially I was happy to help an Aussie start up a Pinball company back then we were told two key things: well known designer and programmer were on board.

So for 5 years I’ve been watching and sadly over the past 2 years the earlier BS has come to the surface and Mike has no one to blame but himself for this situation. In small communities the truth will always come out.

Mike if you are still reading this thread.....answer my emails FFS! You have shut down all avenues of communication, way to build a customer base, not!

#3334 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

I’ve been in fully paid for 5 years. Initially I was happy to help an Aussie start up a Pinball company back then we were told two key things: well known designer and programmer were on board.
So for 5 years I’ve been watching and sadly over the past 2 years the earlier BS has come to the surface and Mike has no one to blame but himself for this situation. In small communities the truth will always come out.
Mike if you are still reading this thread.....answer my emails FFS! You have shut down all avenues of communication, way to build a customer base, not!

Hey Gav, good to hear your still on the sidelines.
I was only speaking to Allison last night about you.
That you have been quiet of late.
By my figures, there's only around eight of us left who paid in full in the first wave five years ago.
Hang in there

#3335 5 years ago

This is what I've been seeing for a long time. First don't criticize as you'll jepordize supply to the preorder guys. Threat one to stop people commenting. Then everyone is a troll who doesn't say the game is great. Then it's attacking people and causing threads to be closed to avoid answering pertanent questions to the company's operations etc. Then it's I'm out of here, then I'm back and then I'm out of here again when cornered with questions and comments he doesn't want to answer. And the threat that if he leaves a forum all communications will cease. Wtf. Is sterns only means of communication pinside or jjp or spooky. The guy used that as a threat too, so he can try and maintain some control over a forum. He likes forums, it gives him a little lime light and frankly, I don't know if he has many friends and the forum is his friend.

Don't know what is so difficult for him to manage facebook and email communication and leave forums alone. All three forums I know he has frequented have turned into all out fights. I can do without all that

#3336 5 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

By my figures, there's only around eight of us left who paid in full in the first wave five years ago.
Hang in there

Why haven’t you guys gotten your games ? There looks like a factory full of parts to build them and nobody elses games to use the parts for.

#3337 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Why haven’t you guys gotten your games ? There looks like a factory full of parts to build them and nobody elses games to use the parts for.

They’ve been letting new money cut in front of the line to keep the business afloat.

#3338 5 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

They’ve been letting new money cut in front of the line to keep the business afloat.

I got the idea but what new money ? Nobody is buying them. The one guy on Pinside can’t dump his for 4k

#3339 5 years ago

Somebody is buying them

I know of three in my area

#3340 5 years ago

Honestly, i hope he makes it, i don't like to see anybody tank no matter how they are or act.

I won't ever buy a pin from him but then again he said all along he doesn't want my business.

#3341 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

The first container of games left the homepin factory back Aug 10
that was 4 months ago

even with a small staff, you would think that a container of games should ship out every month

it has me puzzled

#3342 5 years ago

Highway Entertainment news letter from about a week ago said they were in stock in Newcastle,

Mike's world is a puzzle / confusing one, there's always an excuse, blames others, hates paypus with a passion but did indiegogo crowd funding projects - overall there is consistency

#3343 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Highway Entertainment news letter from about a week ago said they were in stock in Newcastle,
Mike's world is a puzzle / confusing one, there's always an excuse, blames others, hates paypus with a passion but did indiegogo crowd funding projects - overall there is consistency

That's Highway's stock.
New money.

#3344 5 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Hang in there

Thanks Mark. Say hello to Allison for me. Stayed quiet because it’s been so frustrating and if I let go it won’t be positive, so best to say little.

It was great to catch up at the barn, with 5 of us pre orders there sharing stories. At least we were all on the same page but Mike is reading from a different book. Let’s hope our games are available in Jan as per latest estimate from Highway, but not holding hopes to high. Cheers

#3345 5 years ago

A pinball ponzi scheme is just like any other ponzi scheme. It only works until the new money stops coming in. Then whoever is left holding the bag gets trashed. And this is why I never pre-order anything.

Mike's arrogance and his "tell it like it is" might work in the Aussie market, but the rest of the world thinks he's a buffoon. His prior antics have seriously damaged his credibility in the rest of the world. If he wants to ever have a shot at making it, he needs to disengage from speaking to anyone, and filter it through a PR person or business manager.

#3346 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

If he wants to ever have a shot at making it, he needs to disengage from speaking to anyone, and filter it through a PR person or business manager.

Honestly, it doesn't really matter. Mike could be a serial killer and people would buy his game if it was any good. The issue is that it's not.

#3347 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Hello supporters.
I have done my best in this thread to keep people informed with progress in the factory and things we were doing on a day to day basis that I thought might interest most. Many have said they love the updates, some others, well they seem to only be interested in being negative or stirring trouble.
In fact, the title of this thread is "Pinball Parts & Machine Progress" - not, "let's see how hard we can stir Homepin".
Far too often it has been derailed and comments made that are not helpful to anyone. I have done my best to answer questions and also helped buyers to work through delivery issues mostly caused by damage in transit. We have learned from this and changed things to improve delivery including a new steel pallet.
I have had enough of the people who delight in nitpicking and just being negative in general for the sake of it. We have done our very best over more than four years through thick and thin to bring a new machine to life and all some can do is complain about the shape of the flipper buttons - really? How about the 200 other things that are massive improvements on many other machines out there....no, don't want to see that, let's just be negative about the buttons!
I won't be able to help via PM here any longer so anyone wanting repair assistance please use the correct channels. First approach your seller agent. If you feel you are not getting the answers you want then contact us at:
[email protected]
Thanks to the many positive people who have helped Homepin get this far and also for the positive words of encouragement and I apologise to those who enjoyed the factory updates. I will try to keep the Facebook page updated but it has not been accessible here for a month now so we will have to see what happens there.
Mike

Bugger...and you were doing so well to let "the other Mike" comment for you...just couldn't help yourself and come back on here and have a rant about TBAG.

Live and Learn...oh...no..wait...you wont!

#3348 5 years ago

This is just rich. I didn't realize there were so many pinsiders asking for PM support for their broken machines. It's like 5 pinsiders got their machines and Mike's already tuckered out on the support and headed for the hideout. Rotten code not ready for primetime? STFU, it's not for tourney's! Then he posts a hottie pic to deflect from button complaints. Real progressive. It's true, Mike said he didn't want to sell to the US. I got the message.

Quoted from Homepin:...
[email protected]

#3349 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

A pinball ponzi scheme is just like any other ponzi scheme. It only works until the new money stops coming in. Then whoever is left holding the bag gets trashed. And this is why I never pre-order anything.
Mike's arrogance and his "tell it like it is" might work in the Aussie market, but the rest of the world thinks he's a buffoon. His prior antics have seriously damaged his credibility in the rest of the world. If he wants to ever have a shot at making it, he needs to disengage from speaking to anyone, and filter it through a PR person or business manager.

it definitely DOES NOT work in the Australian market either.

There are 4,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 91.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepin-official-thread-pinball-parts-machine-progress/page/67?hl=crazypinballguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.