Topic Stats

• 3,349 posts
  • 349 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by ausretrogamer
  • Topic is favorited by 169 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 680 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

terminator-kyle-reese-1280jpg-87751d_1280w[1] (resized).jpg
bellybutton (resized).jpg
flipper_buttons (resized).jpg
foam-finger1 (resized).jpg
screen-capture-33 (resized).png
roller2 (resized).jpg
roller1 (resized).jpg
china2 (resized).jpg
rollers (resized).jpg
rail (resized).JPG
doors (resized).jpg
17NOV18 (resized).jpg
cabfactory2 (resized).jpg
cabfactory (resized).jpg
cabfactory6 (resized).jpg
cabfactory5 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

31 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 3349 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 67.
#3251 13 days ago
Quoted from zpeakabonk:

As the French reseller, we have a demo machine that has about 1000 plays on it right now, the ramp was a point but it is getting the new stainless version, and all people think he flipper buttons are to deep and sometime's they stuck a little, but for the rest, no issue's no damage, what i can't always say from other manufactures . we have a few more coming in France soon.

What damage are you referring to for other manufacturers?

#3252 13 days ago
Quoted from zpeakabonk:

As the French reseller, we have a demo machine that has about 1000 plays on it right now, the ramp was a point but it is getting the new stainless version, and all people think he flipper buttons are to deep and sometime's they stuck a little, but for the rest, no issue's no damage, what i can't always say from other manufactures . we have a few more coming in France soon.

We have a service bulletin ready to upload later today about the flipper buttons sticking. Please check the website in a few hours www.homepin.com

It's a very easy fix.

EDIT: Service bulletin #6 PDF is now available at https://www.homepin.com/service.html

#3253 10 days ago

Whew! I've finally read the entire thread. It was painful at times, but it is so cool to see all the work involved in making this pin. That is a huge undertaking. Well done Mike!

#3254 8 days ago

it is the Official Thunderbirds 5,4,3,2,1 day today.

as Homepin made the announcement to make this machine
5 years
4 months
3 weeks
2 days
1 hour (around 8 / 9am)

ago

congrats Mike

#3255 7 days ago

Got my new ramp yesterday. Might try putting it in today--I am not great at this stuff, but doesnt look too bad.

#3256 7 days ago
Quoted from twitami:

Got my new ramp yesterday. Might try putting it in today--I am not great at this stuff, but doesnt look too bad.

Great news. Please read the installation instructions as they will take you through the fitting step by step:

http://www.homepin.com/kits/fit_new_ramp.pdf

#3257 7 days ago

Ok, few things. The lockdown bar latch somehow got stuck, and when I opened the door it yanked the volume up (top one) button right off the base. Weird sh*t happens to me .

Two, can I buy the IR logo plague on the coinbox? Its cool.

Third, we need a cd of the music from this game. Everyone loves it!

#3258 7 days ago
Quoted from twitami:

Ok, few things. The lockdown bar latch somehow got stuck, and when I opened the door it yanked the volume up (top one) button right off the base. Weird sh*t happens to me .
Two, can I buy the IR logo plague on the coinbox? Its cool.
Third, we need a cd of the music from this game. Everyone loves it!

Strange to damage the volume switch? Do you want a switch only (red) or the complete PCB?

I assume you mean the IR logo badge on the front door?

Please confirm the above points and I will get parts away to you ASAP.

Glad you like the music - I'll pass it on.

#3259 7 days ago
Quoted from zpeakabonk:

Cant you just swap out and use other standard style buttons?

#3260 7 days ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Cant you just swap out and use other standard style buttons?

A standard pinball flipper button will screw into the same position if an owner wishes to change them. There might be an issue with the button illumination PCB but it isn't required for normal operation of the machine.

Our buttons are an almost exact replica of a standard pinball flipper button. Our plastic mould was made using a standard button as a guide.

There is indeed a slight depth difference but so minor that I couldn't measure it accurately.

We actually improved on the originals by adding a circlip so the button cannot fall out - this has been reported as a very common problem with a major brand that does not have a circlip and their flipper buttons fall out during a game it's reported.

"Teacups and storms therein" come to mind. Some people will look for anything to complain about I have found. There certainly are some things we can do better but complaining about these buttons is pretty petty in my view and mostly done by those clutching at straws and looking for anything to discredit our efforts.

Those who have actually bought machines report to me that they are happy.

flipper_buttons (resized).jpg
#3261 7 days ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Our buttons are an almost exact replica of a standard pinball flipper button. Our plastic mould was made using a standard button as a guide.
There is indeed a slight depth difference but so minor that I couldn't measure it accurately.
[quoted image]

The thing is the 2 flipper buttons is the point of connection between the player and the game so it needs to feel right

#3262 7 days ago
Quoted from swinks:

The thing is the 2 flipper buttons is the point of connection between the player and the game so it needs to feel right

Exactly. When I played the game the flipper buttons did not feel good at all. As your only interaction with the game, it's kinda important to have them feel good to the touch, and they don't. It's not petty at all.
Clutching at straws? That's hilarious.

#3263 7 days ago
Quoted from swinks:

Did you actually read my opening sentence:

"A standard pinball flipper button will screw into the same position if an owner wishes to change them."

I have said MANY times that parts are simply NOT AVAILABLE to us in China and we have to make them ALL ourselves. If the feel doesn't suit some people then they can replace the buttons - easy peasy.

Our retail price is WAY under all other machines so a few dollars on a couple of buttons probably won't hurt anyone BUT those who have actually bought machines tell me they are happy with them (and that includes the 'feel' of the buttons) .

Maybe it's better if we try and buy in the same ones others use so they 'feel good' but then fall apart when people play the game.....seems I can't win around here!

#3264 6 days ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Did you actually read my opening sentence:
"A standard pinball flipper button will screw into the same position if an owner wishes to change them."
I have said MANY times that parts are simply NOT AVAILABLE to us in China and we have to make them ALL ourselves. If the feel doesn't suit some people then they can replace the buttons - easy peasy.
Our retail price is WAY under all other machines so a few dollars on a couple of buttons probably won't hurt anyone BUT those who have actually bought machines tell me they are happy with them (and that includes the 'feel' of the buttons) .
Maybe it's better if we try and buy in the same ones others use so they 'feel good' but then fall apart when people play the game.....seems I can't win around here!

you have copied almost all the other parts and added little homepin features along the way, but since you have probably made thousands of these you are calling us petty as you have no intention of improving the feel - totally up to you. You have also said you welcome constructive feedback and all I said was this - "The thing is the 2 flipper buttons is the point of connection between the player and the game so it needs to feel right".

Maybe look at it this way, a new person / potential buyer comes along and plays a game and thinks it just feels weird and he walks away - lose of a sale

just like what Steve Ritchie says - "play better", you can always "make better"

#3265 6 days ago
Quoted from Homepin:

funny how you can take a jab at another company's long history proven product and say yours is the bees knees when your games haven't been out for long, in the end it is just the cup radius inside the button, fixing that along with your tweaks makes a great button

#3266 6 days ago
Quoted from swinks:

funny how you can take a jab at another company's long history proven product and say yours is the bees knees when your games haven't been out for long, in the end it is just the cup radius inside the button, fixing that along with your tweaks makes a great button

I certainly never said our buttons were 'the bees knees' - I merely pointed out that other companies also have issues with their buttons.

Please find someone else to troll....

#3267 6 days ago
Quoted from Homepin:

I certainly never said our buttons were 'the bees knees' - I merely pointed out that other companies also have issues with their buttons.

not trolling, just feedback, and just like you have issued over the years on many other peoples products

#3268 6 days ago

Very few xmas cards changing hands here

ho ho

#3269 6 days ago
Quoted from john17a:

Very few xmas cards changing hands here
ho ho

They don’t celebrate Xmas in China.

#3270 6 days ago
Quoted from Homepin:

You definitely implied you made improvements that made them better than other buttons, but players would disagree.

#3271 6 days ago

last time I bought genuine buttons from the manufacturer who supplies all they were $.20c each
and in 20 years I have only had 2 fall apart or fail

#3272 6 days ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

last time I bought genuine buttons from the manufacturer who supplies all they were $.20c each
and in 20 years I have only had 2 fall apart or fail

Others have had recent, different experiences to you (from the "Stern coil stops are useless" thread):

"What about the sorry ass flipper buttons? We had a IMDN that had the flipper button separate and fall on the floor in the first two weeks on location. Then just a few weeks later, during league night, flipper buttons fell out on the floor on BM66, Star Wars, and Aerosmith. All on the same night!"

#3273 6 days ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

You definitely implied you made improvements that made them better than other buttons, but players would disagree.

I would like to see why you think I said this as I certainly don't recall saying much at all about flipper buttons? Maybe you mean where we added the circlip so they don't fall apart?

Anyway - as I have repeatedly said - it isn't a showstopper, buyers are free to replace them if they wish. We can't buy them in so there isn't much I can do to change that and I will concentrate my efforts on more worthy issues.

#3274 6 days ago

Will the code be improved right now it plays like an EM with few modes or anything of notable interest?

#3275 6 days ago

What I don’t understand is, aren’t the buttons used by everyone else also made in China? Why can’t you just buy them from the same place?

#3276 6 days ago

If buttons are the biggest complaint then it sounds like the rest of the game is solid?
Congrsts Mike, glad to see these shipping out.

#3277 6 days ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

If buttons are the biggest complaint then it sounds like the rest of the game is solid?

The code is crap, its like a copy and pasted framework that hasn't been completed.

#3278 6 days ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Have you played the game? The buttons are the least of its problems.

#3279 6 days ago
Quoted from jwilson:

What I don’t understand is, aren’t the buttons used by everyone else also made in China? Why can’t you just buy them from the same place?

Jeremy,
Although everything is made in China, They ( the average Chinese Purchasing agent) don't have a good handle on what is made where, They don't have a yellow pages, Supplier catalogs are something they don't even understand....

Every purchasing agent usually buys from a friend of a cousins, uncles, friend. I can find things in China better than my factory can find them.

Bob

#3280 4 days ago

I played it in Banning and liked it. Not my favorite girlfriend but I'd stop back by.

#3281 4 days ago

A well known Youtuber came by a few weeks ago and made a video. Scotty from Strange Parts is the guy who made an iPhone from parts he bought in the Shenzhen electronics markets. He also fitted a headphone socket to an iPhone7, something many said wasn't possible.

#3282 4 days ago

The flipper buttons do have a unique feel to them. Not bad, just different. I got used to them after a few games, and most who have played it say the same. The rules (what I know of them so far, partly from the nice British lady) are simple but fun. I am a fan of Sega pinball, and the play reminds me of their games-not super deep, but fun. Not for everyone of course, but nothing ever is.

And I still say for the next game:

#3283 4 days ago

Flipper buttons don't feel right..really?
In my collection I can go from reverse flippers to 2" flippers to 3" flippers. none of which feel "right" after playing the previous set up. then there are metal buttons.. plastic buttons etc.. all feel different and are particular to that era.
My point being that we accept unconditionally what has already been produced but not whats new...why?

#3284 4 days ago

You really need to feel them to understand why they’re so disturbing to use.

They feel like you’re putting you finger in someone’s bellybutton.

#3285 4 days ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Ahmmm, I don't see the problem...................................

bellybutton (resized).jpg
#3286 4 days ago
Quoted from jwilson:

You really need to feel them to understand why they’re so disturbing to use.

I didn't think they were that bad when I was playing Airplane at Pinfest

#3294 4 days ago

ahhh, sitting by the side of the river, just watchin'

#3295 4 days ago

Interesting little video put up by PinballStar Amusements Faceache page

#3297 4 days ago

Is there new code coming?

#3299 4 days ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Is there new code coming?

Final code is being touched up now but there are no earth shattering changes.

The changes are more to allow owners to take out or add different music, ticket vending, wider coin settings, added lane change and fix a small bug in the 'factory OEM' setting (minor but fixed).

The new metal ramp makes the entire game play differently so that is the best 'upgrade' anyone can do.

I'm unsure what some commenting are on about with code needing changes? The machine meets our aims and goals, the code is straightforward and easy to follow. People wanting 10 foot deep code should buy a JJP or something else, not this machine.

#3300 4 days ago

The owner who is selling his on pinside said that if you lock a ball you can play forever so I was more concerned with that bit of code being updated.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 1.95
Various Novelties
Pinball Wheezer
$ 21.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
€ 339.00
Displays
GermanGamingSupplies.com
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Mods for your pinballs
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 8.00
Cabinet Parts
RPGCor
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 63.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 3349 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 67.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside