Untitled (resized).png
hplockbar (resized).jpg
hpbuttons (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20200808_121939 (resized).jpg
16178194 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 91.
#3201 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Australia also has the disadvantage of being geographically poorly positioned as far as shipping to the rest of the world.

This s part is true at least

#3202 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

The current small batch of machines is nearing completion. It takes a LOT longer to assemble a machine than we ever envisioned and we are looking at every possible way of getting them built in a 'more timely' fashion. We are just not able to make 50 machines a month at the moment but we are working on it.
'Todays problem' (TM) was discovered when we went to fit the coin doors to this current batch. The supplier has changed the coin slot spacing! It might have been handy if they told us about this as we have already made about 100 coin boxes and now the coin holes in them are in the wrong place.........this equals more delays and additional costs and expenses caused by delayed product. It also pushes out the time frame for starting the next batch.
Everyone wants their machine NOW but sadly we can only build and deliver them as fast as we can. I won't be drawn nor will I comment further on deliveries for individual machines. I have covered most delivery questions in my recent posts. I am going to devote my time 100% to running the factory and I will no longer involve myself in discussion of sales, gameplay or anything else as these areas are being handled by others and I am not going to be at cross purposes with anyone else.
As far as I am concerned, this thread will be for updating our progress and our builds and sharing some problems that we strike along the way. That is what I will be sticking to from now on. If someone has a question on building machines, mechanisms, PCBs or anything else factory related I will do my best to answer it.
Please refer purchase, delivery and service enquiries to our dealer in your area for the fastest most efficient response.
[quoted image][quoted image]

if they was contracted to build a part to a detailed schematic / drawing but delivered a product not matching this cant you ask them to take them back and fix the issue?

sounds like they made the mistake so should fix it at there expensive not yours!

#3203 5 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

if they was contracted to build a part to a detailed schematic / drawing but delivered a product not matching this cant you ask them to take them back and fix the issue?
sounds like they made the mistake so should fix it at there expensive not yours!

I agree completely but other issues come into play such as freight costs (which we would always have to pay - not huge but everything adds up) more important is TIME!

It took them six weeks to make a batch of 100 doors for us - you can imagine that, even if we pushed, we would still lose a month.

We are better off finding a fix ourselves in this case.

#3204 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

The current small batch of machines is nearing completion. It takes a LOT longer to assemble a machine than we ever envisioned and we are looking at every possible way of getting them built in a 'more timely' fashion. We are just not able to make 50 machines a month at the moment but we are working on it.
'Todays problem' (TM) was discovered when we went to fit the coin doors to this current batch. The supplier has changed the coin slot spacing! It might have been handy if they told us about this as we have already made about 100 coin boxes and now the coin holes in them are in the wrong place.........this equals more delays and additional costs and expenses caused by delayed product. It also pushes out the time frame for starting the next batch.
Everyone wants their machine NOW but sadly we can only build and deliver them as fast as we can. I won't be drawn nor will I comment further on deliveries for individual machines. I have covered most delivery questions in my recent posts. I am going to devote my time 100% to running the factory and I will no longer involve myself in discussion of sales, gameplay or anything else as these areas are being handled by others and I am not going to be at cross purposes with anyone else.
As far as I am concerned, this thread will be for updating our progress and our builds and sharing some problems that we strike along the way. That is what I will be sticking to from now on. If someone has a question on building machines, mechanisms, PCBs or anything else factory related I will do my best to answer it.
Please refer purchase, delivery and service enquiries to our dealer in your area for the fastest most efficient response.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Something I just noticed on the new coin door: the double "D" hole for the lock has the flat sides vertical. That's not the way it is in the USA. We normally have the flat sides of the double D hole horizontal for the lock.

#3205 5 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

Something I just noticed on the new coin door: the double "D" hole for the lock has the flat sides vertical. That's not the way it is in the USA. We normally have the flat sides of the double D hole horizontal for the lock.

It’s another benefit of manufacturing directly in the middle of China!

#3206 5 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

It doesn't really matter as all locks have the little tab that you position to set the operation of it. Good observation though.

We are looking at a door made in Taiwan that is far superior but it's 4 times the price and requires shipping so it's a hard call.

#3207 5 years ago

Cabinets look great Mike

I like the playfield slide rails

Wish Stern would adopt a similar style

Really sucks when you pull the playfield too far towards you and "CLUNK" it falls to the bottom of cab
rail (resized).JPGrail (resized).JPG

#3208 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Cabinets look great Mike
Really sucks when you pull the playfield too far towards you and "CLUNK" it falls to the bottom of cab
[quoted image]

Thanks. It took a surprising amount of time to get them just right but they do work well. They also lock the playfield at the back when you tip the machine on its end for transport.

I'll post a pic later of the bottom of the playfield showing how it mates with the rails - we make a metal bracket that holds large roller bearings that run on those wood side rails so you are not dragging anything.

#3209 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

As far as I am aware, Homepin is the ONLY current pinball machine manufacturer that actually makes everything in the machine. We cut, assemble and paint our own cabinets. We assemble our own printed circuit boards and we make all parts for every mechanism and assemble them ourselves.

And that's the way it should be. I have always been surprised at how many companies actually have nothing to do with the products they sell. Most of them just assemble parts from other suppliers.

#3210 5 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

Some manufacturers over the years have had this design. It's much less common but I have seen it especially from namco.

#3211 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

It doesn't really matter as all locks have the little tab that you position to set the operation of it. Good observation though.
We are looking at a door made in Taiwan that is far superior but it's 4 times the price and requires shipping so it's a hard call.

5 yrs later Mike? Man its really again on you.

I feel bad for you but man at this point is it really about the little details after all this time?

You do realize there is COMPETITION for our pinball $$$? I hope your arrogance hasn't done you in....

#3212 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Cabinets look great Mike
[quoted image]

Made out of Wood? How much do they wear if you drag a playfield back and forth a lot?

#3213 5 years ago
Quoted from WODKA:

Made out of Wood? How much do they wear if you drag a playfield back and forth a lot?

I thought this too at first, then I thought of all the old EM's that are still fine.
Unless your machine constantly shits itself and you are crap at repairs , why would you want to pull it in and out?

#3214 5 years ago

Strange question Mike: is it possible that FAB targets under the ramp could be wired in reverse? Like the F and B are reversed? They seem to be.

#3215 5 years ago

Made out of Wood? How much do they wear if you drag a playfield back and forth alot ?

From Mike-Post 3208

From Mike-Post #3208 - Thanks,it took a surprising amount of time to get them
just right but they do work well. They also lock the playfield at the back when you tip the machine on its end for transport.

I'll post a pic later of the bottom of the playfield showing how it mates with the rails - we make a metal bracket that holds large roller bearings that run on those wood side rails so you are not dragging anything.

#3216 5 years ago
rollers (resized).jpgrollers (resized).jpg
#3217 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

It’s another benefit of manufacturing directly in the middle of China!

Shenzhen is not exactly the middle of China...

#3218 5 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Shenzhen is not exactly the middle of China...

china2 (resized).jpgchina2 (resized).jpg
#3219 5 years ago

The playfield is held firm at both ends of its travel. To remove the playfield from the cabinet simply pull it halfway forward and then lift it vertically.

roller1 (resized).jpgroller1 (resized).jpgroller2 (resized).jpgroller2 (resized).jpg
#3220 5 years ago

I like the solid appearing build quality...it's gotta be tough Mike to get thru all the arm chair quarterbacks here ....with our share coming from the USA.Hang tuff and try to take "The High Road" thru all this.I do like your candor and bulldog attitude !!...........too many snowflakes nowadays anyway,maybe their time would be better spent doing patrols for their HOA.
Am looking forward to your future pinball machines..if you choose to stay in this-tough to bring to marketplace endeavor-you have now tested the waters and can decide if a more "Pinside Friendly" table has any interest to your company..........or if your current marketing and business plan suits you.
Best to you and thanks for bringing a machine from a dream to an actual product on location or in houses of those who have spent their hard earned $$$ with you...............even through the highs and lows of this journey-
Cheers-Kirk in Colorado,USA

#3221 5 years ago

pretty sure that is a highway digital pin - arcooda fuzzed out at the front - I suspected Homepin would be making these

https://www.highway.net.au/arcade-machines/pinball-machines/arcooda-pinball-standard-arcooda/17664-1.html

what joins are on the cabinet and backbox?, hopefully not too much filler

screen-capture-33 (resized).pngscreen-capture-33 (resized).png
#3222 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

pretty sure that is a highway digital pin - arcooda fuzzed out at the front - I suspected Homepin would be making these
https://www.highway.net.au/arcade-machines/pinball-machines/arcooda-pinball-standard-arcooda/17664-1.html
what joins are on the cabinet and backbox?, hopefully not too much filler[quoted image]

And Highway called my Virtual Pinball China Made Crap

#3223 5 years ago

How did your machine compare to this one? This one plays virtual pins and arcade games (via hookup to external consoles) and has an additional panel for joystick and buttons, contactors and a sub. Also this has pinball arcade content.

Quoted from Ballypinball:

And Highway called my Virtual Pinball China Made Crap

#3224 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

How did your machine compare to this one? This one plays virtual pins and arcade games (via hookup to external consoles) and has an additional panel for joystick and buttons, contactors and a sub. Also this has pinball arcade content.

his doesn't have pinball arcade anymore, he stated his was made in the USA doesn't look like it

#3225 5 years ago

I actually bought an Arcooda, still waiting for them to finish and ship. No hurry though. I really like Video Pinball machines, and I am excited by what Arcooda is doing. I wondered about the blurred out one in the picture, heh.

#3226 5 years ago
Quoted from twitami:

Strange question Mike: is it possible that FAB targets under the ramp could be wired in reverse? Like the F and B are reversed? They seem to be.

ANyone have this happen? Pretty sure my F and B are reversed. I assume I can just switch the wires around?

#3227 5 years ago
Quoted from twitami:

ANyone have this happen? Pretty sure my F and B are reversed. I assume I can just switch the wires around?

Would likely help if you took a photo of the wiring and posted it.

#3228 5 years ago

Good point I will take one tonite when i get home

#3229 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

his doesn't have pinball arcade anymore, he stated his was made in the USA doesn't look like it

I thought he said somewhere it was manufactured in the US, but always suspected it would be by Homepin

#3230 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I thought he said somewhere it was manufactured in the US, but always suspected it would be by Homepin

If you mean Arcooda, there are three models. The high end one is metal, made in China, the other two are wood and one of them was going to be made in US but I think that feel through. So probably all in China now.

#3231 5 years ago

Mike, I loved to read ur "development blog", but I would let someone else do the angry customer support. You seem to be way to emotional about it + u are wasting energy and time on troll posts, who keep asking/blaming the same for weeks.

Also smart to temporarily drop the topper production and start pumping out pins.

And for the 2nd pin; ask some starting designers for a layout and art; win/win.
Just focus on ur superb tech/mech designs.

#3232 5 years ago
Quoted from twitami:

Sorry, I missed your post.

Very easy to check. First, put the machine into service mode using the switches mounted inside the door and select "switch". Operate the switches in question manually and they will tell you on the DMD which one is which.

Second, go to the switch matrix page of the service manual and it will show you what colour wires are connected to the row and column for each switch.

You should be able to determine things using these two methods.

#3233 5 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Yeah, just wait. As soon as homepin cranks it up and goes from 20 to 75+ employees, the Chinese local officials will come in and make him an offer he can't refuse if the orders are ramping up. If the demand is lame, they'll just squeeze the lemon dry. They are "partners" after all. Dance with the devil...

#3234 5 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Yeah, just wait. As soon as homepin cranks it up and goes from 20 to 75+ employees, the Chinese local officials will come in and make him an offer he can't refuse if the orders are ramping up. If the demand is lame, they'll just squeeze the lemon dry. They are "partners" after all. Dance with the devil...

Actually the threshold is 50 staff. When you get to 50 you must employ a person 'nominated' by the local authority. This is but one reason we will never get that big.

While we are on the subject of staff, from early next year compulsory superannuation will kick in for all employees. Also, wages have more than doubled here in Shenzhen in the past two years as well as rents going up by more than 30%.

It all certainly takes the gloss off being in PRC. Luckily the large majority of parts and materials are still well under western prices but I can certainly see the day when it won't be worth making things in China any more. That day is still some way off at this point though.

And to clarify the business structure I have in China - Homepin China is called a "WOFE". It is legally structured as a "Wholly Owned Foreign Enterprise". Meaning I have NO Chinese partner person or business. Homepin Hong Kong is a limited liability company with me as the sole director. Again, NO Chinese partner.

#3235 5 years ago

Ha! Good luck. They will squeeze you any way they can.

I always laugh when people ask why I never invested in Chinese real estate...

#3236 5 years ago
Quoted from BobLangelius:

Ha! Good luck. They will squeeze you any way they can.
I always laugh when people ask why I never invested in Chinese real estate...

Well, as you probably know, there really isn't any such thing as "Chinese real estate" as the state ALWAYS owns the land. You can only ever have a lease on the property and that expires when time is up.

I agree, buying any property in China is a dead loss situation, unless you are the govt of course.

#3237 5 years ago
Quoted from twitami:

If you mean Arcooda, there are three models. The high end one is metal, made in China, the other two are wood and one of them was going to be made in US but I think that feel through. So probably all in China now.

Highway Entertainment (the Distributor) and Arcooda (Digital Pin) is the same person just different business names, it will all be made in China

#3238 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Sorry, I missed your post.
Very easy to check. First, put the machine into service mode using the switches mounted inside the door and select "switch". Operate the switches in question manually and they will tell you on the DMD which one is which.
Second, go to the switch matrix page of the service manual and it will show you what colour wires are connected to the row and column for each switch.
You should be able to determine things using these two methods.

Thanks Mike, I will mess with it tonight.

A bunch of people have played my TAG now, and everyone so far says: they love it, its hard, and the sound and music (especially the music) is great

#3239 5 years ago

F and B were reversed, thanks for the advice to test it Mike. Just took them off and switched them with each other.

One other quick question. I heard the machine talking once explaining some rules in a female voice, but have no idea if I was dreaming that or it really happened. I cant seem to figure out how to do it again.

Am I off my meds, or is there something like that?

#3240 5 years ago
Quoted from twitami:

F and B were reversed, thanks for the advice to test it Mike. Just took them off and switched them with each other.
One other quick question. I heard the machine talking once explaining some rules in a female voice, but have no idea if I was dreaming that or it really happened. I cant seem to figure out how to do it again.
Am I off my meds, or is there something like that?

You can set the female voice to give instructions in the menu. She will talk you through all the game options (in a British voice). I think it's in the "game settings" look for some setting there - I will check for the exact place at work tomorrow.

EDIT: The voice instructions option can be set here:

Game Settings > Attract Voice > YES

By default this setting is off (NO) but even when it's off the voice will still acknowledge a coin drop and encourage you to "push the start button" (this might explain the female voice that you have heard?)

#3241 5 years ago

Pinballstar Black Friday discount on open show game :

Homepin / THUNDERBIRDS
$ 5,000 NIB In Stock
Open show game used only 2 days $ 5,000 - $ 500 Black Friday discount = $ 4,500

Email Joe at [email protected] !

#3242 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

.. And to clarify the business structure I have in China - Homepin China is called a "WOFE". It is legally structured as a "Wholly Owned Foreign Enterprise". Meaning I have NO Chinese partner person or business. Homepin Hong Kong is a limited liability company with me as the sole director. Again, NO Chinese partner.

Thanks for your response and honesty. My point is simply that I don't believe you can have honest contract law with commies. And that partner you 'don't have' doesn't need your permission. Local 'officials' are your partners whether you know it or not. That's just how they roll.

A bigger question for you, Mike, is how they are going to calculate your social score by 2020 so they can decide if you are a 'good' person and all the ramifications that come with that.

Mike, this is a genuine invitation. Please consider rejecting all your constraints of being not only a royal subject, but also a Chinese busy beaver subordinate partner and come to the USA! We don't go for others bossing us around quite as much and we swear fealty to no crown and we certainly don't let "local officials" join our growing companies.

Mike, you were born a subject of the crown and you chose to get in bed with communists. Now I invite you to overcome these problems, choose freedom and move your entire operation to the USA!
foam-finger1 (resized).jpgfoam-finger1 (resized).jpg

#3243 5 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Mike, this is a genuine invitation. Please consider rejecting all your constraints of being not only a royal subject, but also a Chinese busy beaver subordinate partner and come to the USA! We don't go for others bossing us around quite as much and we swear fealty to no crown and we certainly don't let "local officials" join our growing companies.
Mike, you were born a subject of the crown and you chose to get in bed with communists. Now I invite you to overcome these problems, choose freedom and move your entire operation to the USA!
[quoted image]

WTF?
Liz II has no control over the day-to-day happenings in Australia
Mike has been working in China for longer than TAG project, there is more to Mike than just Homepin
America is a crazy place

#3244 5 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Thanks for your response and honesty. My point is simply that I don't believe you can have honest contract law with commies. And that partner you 'don't have' doesn't need your permission. Local 'officials' are your partners whether you know it or not. That's just how they roll.
A bigger question for you, Mike, is how they are going to calculate your social score by 2020 so they can decide if you are a 'good' person and all the ramifications that come with that.
[quoted image]

I’m assuming this is satirical

#3245 5 years ago

Got the British lady talking. Kind of a cool feature.

#3246 5 years ago
Quoted from rooky79:

Let’s hope so...at least I had a good laugh while eating my breakfast this morning.

#3247 5 years ago
Quoted from rooky79:

Has to be.

#3248 5 years ago
Quoted from rooky79:

I hope so. Because the U.S. doesn’t want him, that’s for sure.

#3249 5 years ago
Quoted from twitami:

Got the British lady talking. Kind of a cool feature.

Not Queen Elisabeth by any chance?

#3250 5 years ago

As the French reseller, we have a demo machine that has about 1000 plays on it right now, the ramp was a point but it is getting the new stainless version, and all people think he flipper buttons are to deep and sometime's they stuck a little, but for the rest, no issue's no damage, what i can't always say from other manufactures . we have a few more coming in France soon.

There are 4,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 91.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepin-official-thread-pinball-parts-machine-progress/page/65?hl=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.