Untitled (resized).png
hplockbar (resized).jpg
hpbuttons (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20200808_121939 (resized).jpg
16178194 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 91.
#3151 5 years ago
Quoted from twitami:

I think I got it. Woot.

When I started with pinball it all seemed like voodoo and I felt like a genius changing a switch. Congrats!

#3152 5 years ago
Quoted from twitami:

Right Tree Plastic. Switch 38. I dont see anything obvious looking at it. But I also have no skillz in this area

Your collection shows 17 pins...you ought to be a seasoned tech by now! Anyway just a thought...turn off the power before taking any kind of metal tool to the underside of the playfield. You can take out board components real easy that way.

#3153 5 years ago
Quoted from swillie:

Your collection shows 17 pins...you ought to be a seasoned tech by now! Anyway just a thought...turn off the power before taking any kind of metal tool to the underside of the playfield. You can take out board components real easy that way.

Heh, I have friends that fix them. We have a non-profit arcade where we have our games. And I turned the power off, don't worry

#3154 5 years ago

BTW, a few pics of my unboxing. The game came with a few nice touches. The manual has a comic book look to it and is glossy, and a small bag of custom tokens. Nothing groundbreaking, but nice touches.

IMG_1475 (resized).JPGIMG_1475 (resized).JPGIMG_1476 (resized).JPGIMG_1476 (resized).JPGIMG_1483 (resized).JPGIMG_1483 (resized).JPGIMG_1485 (resized).JPGIMG_1485 (resized).JPGIMG_1487 (resized).JPGIMG_1487 (resized).JPG
#3155 5 years ago

More disappointment for the pre-order customers below. We wish we had a switch problem, as above! Just fix it and move on...

Many thanks to Highway Games Newcastle (they are awesome and giving 100%). These are just the facts, nothing more for transparency. From Homepin: 'The toppers are not finished yet, Homepin has only been able to make a prototype. The current plan is that the topper will be shipped after the machine is sent out. Homepin has only been able to make a prototype.".

#3156 5 years ago
Quoted from julo:

More disappointment for the pre-order customers below. We wish we had a switch problem, as above! Just fix it and move on...
Many thanks to Highway Games Newcastle (they are awesome and giving 100%). These are just the facts, nothing more for transparency. From Homepin: 'The toppers are not finished yet, Homepin has only been able to make a prototype. The current plan is that the topper will be shipped after the machine is sent out. Homepin has only been able to make a prototype.".

I would be very happy to hand the factory over to you and see how much better you will be able to magically make it all work. Please call in and I will hand you the keys. I could use a holiday!

Some things are not as important or urgent (like a topper) so we stopped work on that to concentrate on building machines and getting them to our customers. Building toppers AS WELL would slow down our production even more.

I'll say it once more - Homepin is a TINY company of less than 20 people. We simply do not have the facilities of some other companies to do everything.

Give us a chance to fill all outstanding orders then we will get back to non-essential things such as toppers. We do have the covers in stock (they were developed and made for us at great expense) and we have got finished, working prototypes of the topper so when we get a minute we will be able to make them quickly. Just not today.

#3157 5 years ago

hopefully the aussie's get their games soon as saw this on ebay as the Distributor is only 20km away.

screen-capture-29.pngscreen-capture-29.pngscreen-capture-28.pngscreen-capture-28.png
#3158 5 years ago

Any eta on the replacement metal ramp?

And will that topper mentioned above be for sale eventually to current customers?

#3159 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

I would be very happy to hand the factory over to you and see how much better you will be able to magically make it all work. Please call in and I will hand you the keys. I could use a holiday!
Some things are not as important or urgent (like a topper) so we stopped work on that to concentrate on building machines and getting them to our customers. Building toppers AS WELL would slow down our production even more.
I'll say it once more - Homepin is a TINY company of less than 20 people. We simply do not have the facilities of some other companies to do everything.
Give us a chance to fill all outstanding orders then we will get back to non-essential things such as toppers. We do have the covers in stock (they were developed and made for us at great expense) and we have got finished, working prototypes of the topper so when we get a minute we will be able to make them quickly. Just not today.

I've always loved the "It's sooo hard! Why don't you do it if you think you can do better" type responses. It's the attitude of someone who already has your money and doesn't care to insult a customer for stating a simple fact. How else should any sane person interpret that response?

Seriously, hire one more person and let them do the PR work of smiling while being shat on by upset customers. Or at least write your angry response and then delete the unnecessary shot before you hit send.

I know manufacturing is a crazy hard job. So is public relations. They're seperate jobs for a reason.

#3160 5 years ago
Quoted from twitami:

Any eta on the replacement metal ramp?
And will that topper mentioned above be for sale eventually to current customers?

Depends on where you bought your machine? We are shipping them out as distributors provide us with serial numbers for machines that need them. I suspect you are a PinballSTAR customer and if that is the case a large qty went by air to them yesterday.

The new ramp makes a HUGE difference to the entire game both in looks and gameplay.

#3161 5 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Seriously, hire one more person and let them do the PR work of smiling while being shat on by upset customers.

What I really dislike is repeating myself but here I go again:

Homepin is A SMALL COMPANY, less than 20 people, we simply DO NOT have the money or resources to hire people "willy nilly" to answer questions posted by people only interested in causing a negative response. If I had the resources to hire more people it would be factory staff NOT some bullshit artist who will sugar coat the truth and tell lies just to placate people. By your comments you are a person easily conned by these PR people.

The information is being sent to people who actually ARE pre-order buyers and, for better or worse, we are getting machines to them - some are on the water right now and more will ship out shortly.

I also think people vastly over estimate how many machines we are able to build in a given time frame. We are not Stern and we don't make 40+ games a day - we don't make anywhere near that many in a month!

The simple facts are if we don't pursue "SOME" new sales whilst also delivering to pre-order buyers AND developing new products, we will fold. How about that for NO PR BULL! Some won't like the truth - maybe I could get some PR company to write that all things are rosy and we are shipping to all buyers in two weeks!

I could just walk away from the whole thing and to be frank I really don't know why I didn't a couple of years ago. However, things are looking up at the moment so we will get there, just not as quickly as some, including myself, would like.

My offer for ANYONE still whinging is there, come and show me how to do it better - challenge is out there! I'm far from perfect but I am doing the very best I can and if that isn't good enough for some well, that's bad luck for them.

#3162 5 years ago
IMG_5001.GIFIMG_5001.GIF
#3163 5 years ago
Quoted from swillie:

[quoted image]

Are you? Come and show me how to do it better then instead of posting rubbish. Look back in this thread where I was helping a new customer solve his (pretty simple) problem. If I was a "bullshit artist" like you insinuate why would I bother helping?

I'm guessing you are another with no interest in Homepin or our products so why are you bothering to post in this thread? Just to stir trouble or gain attention I suspect.

#3164 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Are you? Come and show me how to do it better then instead of posting rubbish. Look back in this thread where I was helping a new customer solve his (pretty simple) problem. If I was a "bullshit artist" like you insinuate why would I bother helping?
I'm guessing you are another with no interest in Homepin or our products so why are you bothering to post in this thread? Just to stir trouble or gain attention I suspect.

No no, i'm sorry. In you're previous post you said if you could afford another employee you wouldn't be hiring a bullshit artist. The gif is from a movie I just watched, "The Greasy Strangler", complete lunacy but I like the wierd...they say those words so many times in the movie I have been saying it all week at work. So when i read you're post I laughed out loud!

I hope a TAG shows up in the wild locally so I can play it. Seems everyone will eventually get their games, I say good job.

#3165 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

The simple facts are if we don't pursue "SOME" new sales whilst also delivering to pre-order buyers AND developing new products, we will fold. How about that for NO PR BULL! Some won't like the truth - maybe I could get some PR company to write that all things are rosy and we are shipping to all buyers in two weeks!
I could just walk away from the whole thing and to be frank I really don't know why I didn't a couple of years ago. However, things are looking up at the moment so we will get there, just not as quickly as some, including myself, would like.
My offer for ANYONE still whinging is there, come and show me how to do it better - challenge is out there! I'm far from perfect but I am doing the very best I can and if that isn't good enough for some well, that's bad luck for them.

I appreciate the honesty in this post. Hope it works out for you and Homepin.

#3166 5 years ago

Surely the parts and Arcade side of the business should be able tob fund the preorders. I recall reading that the pinball side was only a small component of the company. New sales would be great but with the money the preorders put down and Arcade income their games should have been well on the way. No??

#3167 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

The simple facts are if we don't pursue "SOME" new sales whilst also delivering to pre-order buyers AND developing new products, we will fold.

How is this not a Pinball Ponzi scheme then?

#3168 5 years ago

I'd just like this saga just over and out.

#3169 5 years ago
Quoted from railways:

I'd just like this saga just over and out.

....well your machine, serial number 2, is currently in a container on the way to Sydney so you can collect it in a week or so. I just don't see what the problem is?

We even unboxed it and fitted the upgraded ramp before it shipped.

#3170 5 years ago

Great News Railway now we just need the container Number and you can track it to Sydney, otherwise it is just a way to get peace for a week or so?

#3171 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Great News Railway now we just need the container Number and you can track it to Sydney, otherwise it is just a way to get peace for a week or so?

It's none of your business!

#3172 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

It's none of your business!

I don't want it, but you should supply it to your customers expecting games to arrive in a Container in a week or so?

Or at least supply them the ship name so they can at least hope you are not talking out of your arse as usual.

#3173 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

I don't want it, but you should supply it to your customers expecting games to arrive in a Container in a week or so?
Or at least supply them the ship name so they can at least hope you are not talking out of your arse as usual.

There is no need. There are machines for several customers in a container that we loaded a couple of weeks ago destined for Sydney. The container will arrive and Highway Games will deal with it and the contents as required.

I'm unsure about your "talking out of my arse" - I have no idea why you would say that and what it might be that you are meaning?

#3174 5 years ago

Man, reading this thread is tough...

#3175 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

....well your machine, serial number 2, is currently in a container on the way to Sydney so you can collect it in a week or so. I just don't see what the problem is?

Really??. A couple of weeks ago??. Thanks for the update. An email would have been nice to let me know or a phonecall - you have my number. No matter either way. The end of this very long journey is just around the corner then.

#3176 5 years ago

IMHO Mike your biggest mistake was to not build a flipping white wood before you left Australia
redesigning playfields over the last year, redesigning the single ramp even now, shows a lack of foresight

A flipping whitewood , with or without basic software, would have shown flaws in the design earlier, and thus you would not have the need to constantly play catch-up

you should have learned from JJP and the failure of his electronics

#3177 5 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

IMHO Mike your biggest mistake was to not build a flipping white wood before you left Australia
redesigning playfields over the last year, redesigning the single ramp even now, shows a lack of foresight
A flipping whitewood , with or without basic software, would have shown flaws in the design earlier, and thus you would not have the need to constantly play catch-up
you should have learned from JJP and the failure of his electronics

You are probably right Pete. But things are always easy both in hindsight and from a comfortable chair aren't they.

I chose to get out there and do it. For good or bad we now have finished machines being built and shipping. Sure, no where near the volume or speed I would like but at least they are being built and are moving out the door. There have been hundreds of changes to the machine some even in the last few months, to so many things I have forgotten all of them. Pinball is complex and there are so many small things that all have to be just right, or at least as right as we can make them. Keeping the service manual updated is a constant task as well. At least we have a comprehensive service manual unlike many others.

There is also the issue of goods and materials that are available to us here. We can't just place an order for XXX pinball part and screw it into a machine. This is one reason I stuck with the ramp we had until recently. Other small manufacturers have it easy compared to us in this regard. Of course there are many benefits that we have over them as well but they apply in different areas.

Jeff, I have said this 100 times, we just do not have the staff to deal with every little detail. I wish we did but the fact is we don't! There are many things we probably "should do" but just can't. We are flat out working 6 days a week including 4 nights overtime to do what we are currently doing. There simply is no spare time to gather paperwork, numbers etc and send out, almost meaningless, messages to people (that some wouldn't believe anyway - read post 3172). I believe it's better to get the goods finished and loaded and on the way FIRST and then we can tell people (later) "your machine is here"!

Anyway, if you check with Highway Games in a week or so they will be able to update the container arrival details - it is their container BTW, not mine. There are also other pre-order buyer machines in this container and those people will be contacted at the appropriate time.

#3178 5 years ago
16NOV18 (resized).jpg16NOV18 (resized).jpg
#3179 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Jeff, I have said this 100 times, we just do not have the staff to deal with every little detail. I wish we did but the fact is we don't! There are many things we probably "should do" but just can't. We are flat out working 6 days a week including 4 nights overtime to do what we are currently doing. There simply is no spare time to gather paperwork, numbers etc and send out, almost meaningless, messages to people (that some wouldn't believe anyway - read post 3172). I believe it's better to get the goods finished and loaded and on the way FIRST and then we can tell people (later) "your machine is here"!

Well, you are the one selling these pins and its on YOU. No excuses. You reap what you sow.

At least you aren't Andrew Heighway yet. Congrats. I would try and get my shit together instead of making excuses.

#3180 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well, you are the one selling these pins and its on YOU. No excuses. You reap what you sow.
At least you aren't Andrew Heighway yet. Congrats. I would try and get my shit together instead of making excuses.

I'm well aware that the outcomes are on me.

The one thing I have NEVER done is "make excuses". I most certainly have offered REASONS for delays and problems in production but NEVER excuses.

It seems a lot of people don't know the difference.

PS: I have no intention of becoming "an Andrew Heighway". I would have thrown in the towel long ago if I was like him.

#3181 5 years ago

Part of our continuously evolving upgrades is the solenoid driver board (we use three of these in each machine and all transistors are populated regardless if they are used or not).

I really dislike transistors all sitting in a row - they are too easily broken off. The upgraded PCB lays all the MOSFETS flat and bolts them to the board for security. The new board is about 10mm wider than the original BUT they are 100% interchangeable.

driverboardupgrade (resized).jpgdriverboardupgrade (resized).jpg
#3182 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

PS: I have no intention of becoming "an Andrew Heighway". I would have thrown in the towel long ago if I was like him.

GL. I hope you are successful

#3183 5 years ago

Manufacturing the replacement stainless steel ramps. I will admit the new ramp makes a massive change to gameplay and prevents airballs completely, stopping them from lodging in Tracy Island.

We have shipped out about 25 replacements for machines already out there and more will go shortly.

newramps1 (resized).jpgnewramps1 (resized).jpgnewramps2 (resized).jpgnewramps2 (resized).jpgnewramps3 (resized).jpgnewramps3 (resized).jpgnewramps4 (resized).jpgnewramps4 (resized).jpg
#3184 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

What about machine serial number 0005 Mike ? I've tried asking Highway if it's in that first container but couldn't get a straight answer . Seeing as though I was the second person to pre-order in full I would've assumed that it should be amongst the first container load .

#3185 5 years ago

Meanwhile, over at the Homepin cabinet shop, the staff are continuing to build and paint new cabinets. Our cabinets are 100% high grade plywood. We don't use any MDF or Chipboard in them.

They are glued AND screwed together for maximum strength.

When they are finished here we truck them the 3km to the main factory for final assembly.
wood1 (resized).jpgwood1 (resized).jpgwood2 (resized).jpgwood2 (resized).jpgwood3 (resized).jpgwood3 (resized).jpg

#3186 5 years ago

Heh, I need a rules sheet for my game Thanks for the help with the switch Mike--its all good now. And I learned something! Heh.

But seriously, I am enjoying it a lot. It isn't for everyone, and I get that. I used to own 15 Sega pins, and many people wondered why. I like em, and they entertained me. This game reminds me of a Sega pin: fun, great sounds and music, but not to deep. I commend Homepin for getting to this point...although I do think you might want to just ever so slightly adjust how you post online...and for real I mean that in a positive, I want you to be successful, type of way.

By the way, I think your next pin should be Space 1999.

#3187 5 years ago

Please Uncle Pete are we there yet?

#3188 5 years ago

I think the important thing is that machines are being built *and* being shipped.

#3189 5 years ago

Cool stuff Mike!
Oooh! Space 1999!

#3190 5 years ago

I had some issues with a game I received recently that occurred during shipping. Mike was very courteous and extremely helpful and sent me the parts I needed the next day no questions asked. I actually reached out to get some insight on how I should fix the problem and wasn't expecting to be send new parts. He went above and beyond as far as I'm concerned. Much appreciated Mike!

#3191 5 years ago

I see comments often and I also get asked directly, "Why don't you build pinball machines in Australia? Why go to China"

I was reminded of one reason this morning (there are others). We swapped the air compressors over between the factories. The larger one was taken over to the cabinet factory because we need the volume for painting and we brought the smaller one back to the assembly factory as only smaller hand tools are used here.

We were one air connector short when installing the large compressor in the cabinet factory so I went to the local hardware and paid RETAIL for three connectors - 6RMB total (about AU$0.40 each, my WeChat payment shown below)

I looked up a large hardware chain site in Australia (Bunnings) and while they didn't have exactly the same fitting I looked at one that would do the same job - AU$9.50 (about 48RMB) for ONE! Note that the Bunnings part is 'Nitto Style' - NOT genuine Nitto which tells me it is very likely to be made in China!

Extrapolate every singe thing needed on a daily basis and it quickly becomes clear why the Homepin factory is in China and not Australia!
cabfactory3 (resized).jpgcabfactory3 (resized).jpgcabfactory4 (resized).jpgcabfactory4 (resized).jpgcabfactory5 (resized).jpgcabfactory5 (resized).jpgcabfactory6 (resized).jpgcabfactory6 (resized).jpg

#3192 5 years ago

While I was at our cabinet factory I took a few extra pictures.

Assembled cabinets ready for some spot filler on the screw holes, sanding, then out the back to be painted.

As far as I am aware, Homepin is the ONLY current pinball machine manufacturer that actually makes everything in the machine. We cut, assemble and paint our own cabinets. We assemble our own printed circuit boards and we make all parts for every mechanism and assemble them ourselves.

I guess we need to start outsourcing some of these jobs so we can get more machines built!

cabfactory (resized).jpgcabfactory (resized).jpgcabfactory2 (resized).jpgcabfactory2 (resized).jpg

#3193 5 years ago

Is my machine in the container on the sea?

#3194 5 years ago
Quoted from julo:

Julien, hopefully you get the game soon. BTW thanks for buying it off me early this year. Hopefully it's all you wanted it to be and enjoy it

#3195 5 years ago
Quoted from julo:

Julien, your pin like most of the pre order guys won’t be available to Highway until end Jan. hopefully shipping in Feb.

Only pre orders who were contacted to pay shipping would have their pin in container.

I like you expected them to be ready based on our last Homepin update in June where it clearly states ALL parts are available to build our games. Things have changed since that update so I suggest you contact Highway they have been doing the best they can to get the latest updates to us. Cheers

#3196 5 years ago
Quoted from julo:

Good luck getting an answer to that Jules . I've asked Highway a few times and even tried asking Mike here in my previous post above if my machine ( serial # 0005 ) which was the second machine pre-ordered and paid for in full , is in the container that's on it's way . Instead of getting a simple yes or no we get a detailed post of useless info as to building cabinets and air line fitting prices .

And before anyone asks "have I paid for shipping yet" . The answer is NO because Highway has not invoiced me for it yet nor do they even know how much it will be at this stage .

So I will ask again : " Homepin is my machine ( serial number 5 ) on it's way or not ? YES or NO ".

#3197 5 years ago
Quoted from MIL:

Good luck getting an answer to that Jules . I've asked Highway a few times and even tried asking Mike here in my previous post above if my machine ( serial # 0005 ) which was the second machine pre-ordered and paid for in full , is in the container that's on it's way . Instead of getting a simple yes or no we get a detailed post of useless info as to building cabinets and air line fitting prices .
And before anyone asks "have I paid for shipping yet" . The answer is NO because Highway has not invoiced me for it yet nor do they even know how much it will be at this stage .
So I will ask again : " homepin is my machine ( serial number 5 ) on it's way or not ? YES or NO ".

The latest I have from Highway:

“Homepin Pre-Order Customers

We have started shipping the first units to customers, but please note it is VERY low numbers based on already manufactured cabinets/shells.

The current estimate for the new cabinets being built will be late January. These will include the upgrades on the machines. Our goal is to send container based shipments to QLD, NSW, and VIC to satisfy each state. We will only contact you once we have clear information from Homepin and will work with you for all local logistics. To also answer your earlier question, once we have this information we will also be able to send out clear prices and shipping rates.”

#3198 5 years ago

The current small batch of machines is nearing completion. It takes a LOT longer to assemble a machine than we ever envisioned and we are looking at every possible way of getting them built in a 'more timely' fashion. We are just not able to make 50 machines a month at the moment but we are working on it.

'Todays problem' (TM) was discovered when we went to fit the coin doors to this current batch. The supplier has changed the coin slot spacing! It might have been handy if they told us about this as we have already made about 100 coin boxes and now the coin holes in them are in the wrong place.........this equals more delays and additional costs and expenses caused by delayed product. It also pushes out the time frame for starting the next batch.

Everyone wants their machine NOW but sadly we can only build and deliver them as fast as we can. I won't be drawn nor will I comment further on deliveries for individual machines. I have covered most delivery questions in my recent posts. I am going to devote my time 100% to running the factory and I will no longer involve myself in discussion of sales, gameplay or anything else as these areas are being handled by others and I am not going to be at cross purposes with anyone else.

As far as I am concerned, this thread will be for updating our progress and our builds and sharing some problems that we strike along the way. That is what I will be sticking to from now on. If someone has a question on building machines, mechanisms, PCBs or anything else factory related I will do my best to answer it.

Please refer purchase, delivery and service enquiries to our dealer in your area for the fastest most efficient response.

17NOV18 (resized).jpg17NOV18 (resized).jpgdoors (resized).jpgdoors (resized).jpg
#3199 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

'Todays problem' (TM) was discovered when we went to fit the coin doors to this current batch. The supplier has changed the coin slot spacing! It might have been handy if they told us about this as we have already made about 100 coin boxes and now the coin holes in them are in the wrong place.........this equals more delays and additional costs and expenses caused by delayed product. It also pushes out the time frame for starting the next batch.

[quoted image][quoted image]

The benefits of manufacturing in China against Australia I guess?

#3200 5 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

The benefits of manufacturing in China against Australia I guess?

I'm not convinced it would be much different if they were 'made in Australia' - which they wouldn't be anyway as they would be imported from somewhere else such as China/India/Thailand. I have had many incorrect parts supplied in Australia over the years as well.

Australia cannot compete with product like this.

It's a nice thought that we could build things but we simply cannot build much and compete on the world stage. Australia also has the disadvantage of being geographically poorly positioned as far as shipping to the rest of the world.

There are 4,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 91.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepin-official-thread-pinball-parts-machine-progress/page/64?hl=tim_may and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.