Untitled (resized).png
hplockbar (resized).jpg
hpbuttons (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20200808_121939 (resized).jpg
16178194 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 91.
#3101 5 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

This is in Humpty Dumpty mode where the flippers are back to front

"Hybrid Humpty Dumpty mode". Twisted, like the girls body in #octoberfest.

#3102 5 years ago
Quoted from scott_freeman:

What target market is he going for?
Next, we can say, he is not going for the Facebook market, the twitter market, the instragram market, the Ausie Arcade market, ....
Maybe he wants the Zizzle, Noid, Jetsons, market?

Agreed. If Pinside weren't the target market, he wouldn't be in this thread arguing his ass off at every turn in the road.

#3103 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Agreed. If Pinside weren't the target market, he wouldn't be in this thread arguing his ass off at every turn in the road.

I am merely trying to add a little balance to a very lopsided discussion in most cases. Please don't think I am trying to sell anything to anyone. When things are said that are just so wrong I do what I can to attempt to balance things with, at the least, my input to the discussion.

Homepin has said, RIGHT FROM DAY ONE of our pinball project four years ago, that our first pinball would be a licenced product, Thunderbirds Pinball AND that we knew full well that this theme was NOT well known in the USA and we would be targeting markets OTHER THAN the USA for our initial product.

Our reasons were made clear at the time and our sales promotions in countries OTHER THAN the USA is going very well, actually far better than originally expected. There are still some pre-order machines that we have to get to our loyal customers and this aspect has proven to be the most difficult to finalise but we are working through that.

Please don't launch into the same old "the USA is the biggest pinball market blah blah blah". We are well aware of that BUT Homepin is a SMALL company of 20 people. We are currently not in any position to cater to a huge market, we simply couldn't build machines any faster than we currently are - it's just not what we are able to do right at the moment. Give us time to fine tune things and grow. Stern wasn't built overnight, or in four years. They evolved over a very long time as Homepin will.

Like anything, if the theme isn't well known to a person then the product is far less likely to be of any interest to them. That seems to be the case for some here making disparaging comments about our debut machine. It must also be understood that Pinside represents a very small (admittedly very vocal) part of the Amusement industry overall.

Some here are painting a picture of TAG being terrible, that's OK, everyone is perfectly entitled to their opinion. I can say that it is being very well received in most of the markets we are (and always intended to) target. Yes, we made some mistakes and yes, we have done our very best to correct them where we can. We will continue to do that with all products that we make.

What I have learned is that is doesn't matter how well we build our machine (and that is one thing most that have actually seen how well our products are built, agree with), how many extras are included etc etc - if the theme isn't known then it is unlikely to garner much interest from the majority who seem to want the latest gory movie theme? So much for people crying out for unlicenced themes.

1 week later
#3104 5 years ago

"There are still some pre-order machines that we have to get to our loyal customers and this aspect has proven to be the most difficult to finalise but we are working through that".

How hard is it? How are you working through it? I have not heard a formal word directly from Homepin since I received a letter many months ago and responded by providing my delivery option in May 2018. Delivery in October at the latest....
Who the hell are they building machines for right now if the preorders aren't getting them! It makes my blood boil. I even feel sorry for Highway Games - Homepin's Australian distributors, who are in the inevitable position of having to be the face of continual bad news. I bet Steve and his team a sorry they took this on.
No commumication from Hompin. I wrote to them on Facebook, to their factory page and they just deflect it to Highway, who have no information.
A simple question like, "how many machines have you built and who is getting them?" Gets no response!
I'm very frustrated.

#3105 5 years ago
Quoted from julo:

No commumication from Hompin. I wrote to them on Facebook, to their factory page and they just deflect it to Highway, who have no information.
A simple question like, "how many machines have you built and who is getting them?" Gets no response!
I'm very frustrated.

I understand your frustration. First, please forget about trying to contact us via Facebbok - it is banned and blocked in China. We can sometimes see messages but are unable to respond to them which is why they are passed on for others to answer. Questions like "how many have you made & who is getting them" are not going to be answered regardless - I think what you REALLY want to know - is more like "where is my machine and why isn't it here?"

There are a number of pre-order buyers that we have supplied machines to already. Yes, they have their pinball machines. Almost every outstanding customer has a different set of circumstances. Nobody has paid all costs. Some have paid in full for the machine but have not confirmed how they want the machine to ship and haven't paid the GST. Some have paid deposits only and there are many others that are somewhere in between.

There are simply too many variables to detail here BUT let me say that pre-order buyers who have contacted Highway Games and specified how they would like to have their machine shipped - and then paid for that shipping (most have been about AU$350) and also the GST that is owing to the Government the second the machine lands at the dock, have had their machines built and shipped in the next build run.

My suggestion to you is to contact Highway Games (if you are a Homepin pre-order buyer - I can't connect your Pinside username with our list), be polite, ask them nicely "how much do I have to pay for XXX shipping method and my GST"? Then pay the money and your machine will be in the next scheduled build run. It really is that simple.

There are so many sitting on the fence and simply not making up their minds about freight that it is making the entire situation complex and very difficult for both Homepin and Highway Games to keep track of.

Homepin is a very small company. We do not have the luxury of being able to build 100 machines and ship them to Australia 'in the hope' that some pre-order buyers might then chose to pay the freight/tax and receive their machine. These machines could sit around for six months while we wait for people to make up their minds - we simply cannot do that.

To summerise - those who decide how to ship, then pay for that (and the GST) are next in line for their machine. Remember, we have to pay the freight before we load the container at the factory and then pay the GST the second the machines land on the dock, so those costs are required up front.

#3106 5 years ago
len-brown-face-slap (resized).jpglen-brown-face-slap (resized).jpg
#3107 5 years ago

I find using a VPN allows me to use Facebook

#3108 5 years ago
Quoted from julo:

"There are still some pre-order machines that we have to get to our loyal customers and this aspect has proven to be the most difficult to finalise but we are working through that".
How hard is it? How are you working through it? I have not heard a formal word directly from Homepin since I received a letter many months ago and responded by providing my delivery option in May 2018. Delivery in October at the latest....
Who the hell are they building machines for right now if the preorders aren't getting them! It makes my blood boil. I even feel sorry for Highway Games - Homepin's Australian distributors, who are in the inevitable position of having to be the face of continual bad news. I bet Steve and his team a sorry they took this on.
I'm very frustrated.

The Better question is who if anyone has received a game in Australia at all?

#3109 5 years ago

sorry wrong thread!

Quoted from Ballypinball:

The Better question is who if anyone has received a game in Australia at all?

#3110 5 years ago

Are any of these on location to play in NYC?

#3111 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

be polite, ask them nicely "how much do I have to pay for XXX shipping method and my GST"?

You actually write that to your clients ??

My word of (free) advice : Hire an account manager, someone who is not that deep in the business and in the issues your company is trying to resolve, so they can answer in a more commercial manner to their clients inquiries. And if your account manager is the one who wrote that, then consider hiring another one.

#3112 5 years ago

I'm Julien Greening by the way Homepin - a pre-order customer. Can you please advise Highway when my machine is ready for shipment with the topper. They can then invoice me for the GST etc.

#3113 5 years ago
Quoted from julo:

I'm Julien Greening by the way Homepin - a pre-order customer. Can you please advise Highway when my machine is ready for shipment with the topper. They can then invoice me for the GST etc.

I think if I read this right, is you select the shipping option and pay in full for shipping and GST, then he will build your game and ship it, not before you pay the balance in Full for both machine and shipping and GST.

#3114 5 years ago

That is how I'm seeing it!

#3115 5 years ago

Just want to give Mike a thumbs up as everything he has promised was delivered to us. The game is playing very well. I also must say it has even enjoyed by our younger crowd. My daughter loves to hit the ramp with the jet over top of it. It's easy to explain how to start multiball and kids like that a lot.

Thanks Mike for all the gear to get this right.

This is my experience and I think it is only fair to share it with others. Hopefully everyone will be satisfied once their games are in their possession.

Best,

C

#3116 5 years ago

cjmjmm2006,

That's great to hear. Can I ask, are you a pre-order customer that received this machine?

Thanks,

J

#3117 5 years ago
Quoted from julo:

cjmjmm2006,
That's great to hear. Can I ask, are you a pre-order customer that received this machine?
Thanks,
J

he is American
unless you have organized your own shipping, no Aussies have received their game

#3118 5 years ago
Quoted from julo:

cjmjmm2006,
Thanks,
J

I am not sure what you mean. As soon as I found out about the machine I wanted to support a new company so I have paid previously, my machine was received about a month ago. I am not well informed about the backstory. I am more interested in trying out something new and cool.

#3119 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

I am not sure what you mean. As soon as I found out about the machine I wanted to support a new company so I have paid previously, my machine was received about a month ago. I am not well informed about the backstory. I am more interested in trying out something new and cool.

If you want to try something new and cool, try loosing $6k after paying years ago and posting here rubbing it in their face that you have their game they paid for years ago

#3120 5 years ago

If you want to try something new and cool, try loosing $6k after paying years ago and posting here rubbing it in their face that you have their game they paid for years ago

Just sharing my experience. If anyone took it as a slight then please accept my apology. Based on your commenting, I see you have some bad experience and I do not intend you fuel that. If this is not the appropriate thread to be happy on then I'm glad to leave it. Cheers.

#3121 5 years ago

For the record I've lost more than 6k from pinball manufacturers. It's not something desirable.

#3122 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

For the record I've lost more than 6k from pinball manufacturers. It's not something desirable.

Well I've lost everything on Alien, predator, and now thunderbirds.
So don't feel too bad.

#3123 5 years ago

Sorry to hear that, that's painful.

#3124 5 years ago

I am very sorry for that. There is no comfort in losing with these situations. I wish the resolutions for all these games and suppliers could be better.

#3125 5 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Well I've lost everything on Alien, predator, and now thunderbirds.
So don't feel too bad.

I thought you were just in the free shipping=back of the line boat and not 'lost' .. or has something further happened?

#3126 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

There are simply too many variables to detail here BUT let me say that pre-order buyers who have contacted Highway Games and specified how they would like to have their machine shipped - and then paid for that shipping (most have been about AU$350) and also the GST that is owing to the Government the second the machine lands at the dock, have had their machines built and shipped in the next build run.
My suggestion to you is to contact Highway Games (if you are a Homepin pre-order buyer - I can't connect your Pinside username with our list), be polite, ask them nicely "how much do I have to pay for XXX shipping method and my GST"? Then pay the money and your machine will be in the next scheduled build run. It really is that simple.

Mike Homepin . Are you saying that pre-order customers machines ( mine should be # 0005 ) are not even built yet ( as previously promised ) ?

Yes we are aware that shipping , GST etc. has to be paid ... BUT .. how can we pay that when Highway has not invoiced us for it
Hell , the last I heard from them , they weren't even sure on exactly how much shipping would be . They were still trying to work out how much it would be .

And before you reply with a "please contact them" comment . I am a fully paid pre-order customer ( for the machine anyway ) so it should be them contacting me , not the other way around . You don't contact the electricity company or the gas company at the end of the month and politely ask "how much do I owe you" do you . NO . They send you a bill / invoice upon which you then pay . Simples .

This whole deal of having Highway handle your Australian distributorship is making you look worse than you already do . I can't help but get the feeling we are going in circles and the excuses you bounce off each other is just , well , inexcusable .

#3127 5 years ago

Yep mate, I feel your frustration. I think I was the 1st one in the world to fully pay for a TAG at pinfest and you paid the next day. I was granted serial number #002 for being an avid homepin/aussie supporter way back when.

My "game" was finished in box months ago like Pete's. Mike said to me years ago "Whats in a number? " Sure you'll get a game (sometime) with your number on it but that doesn't mean it was the 2nd one off the line. MIL was #005, I was #002.
Now seriously, we haven't got our game's that we paid for over 5 years ago.
as MIL has said, NONE OF US HERE IN OZ HAVE RECIEVED ANY INVOICE FOR SHIPPING TO PAY ON - EVER. JUST SHIPPING OPTIONS. As far as I'm aware the guys on Aussie arcade that I know of ticked that box and replied a long time ago.
I'm so over it I've had my #0002 on consignment through Highway since early October considering It's supposed to be a finished game in box sitting there waiting for my shipping details - di that back in I think April this year as next container load.

I apologise if I sound cranky but my backstory with Mike goes back to the beginning of our version of Pinfest here and the support I gave him for years including test trialling products that is now main stream.

Rant over - small weight off shoulders, Thanks.

#3128 5 years ago
Quoted from railways:

Yep mate, I feel your frustration. I think I was the 1st one in the world to fully pay for a TAG at pinfest and you paid the next day. I was granted serial number #002 for being an avid homepin/aussie supporter way back when.
My "game" was finished in box months ago like Pete's. Mike said to me years ago "Whats in a number? " Sure you'll get a game (sometime) with your number on it but that doesn't mean it was the 2nd one off the line. MIL was #005, I was #002.
Now seriously, we haven't got our game's that we paid for over 5 years ago.
as MIL has said, NONE OF US HERE IN OZ HAVE RECIEVED ANY INVOICE FOR SHIPPING TO PAY ON - EVER. JUST SHIPPING OPTIONS. As far as I'm aware the guys on Aussie arcade that I know of ticked that box and replied a long time ago.
I'm so over it I've had my #0002 on consignment through Highway since early October considering It's supposed to be a finished game in box sitting there waiting for my shipping details - di that back in I think April this year as next container load.
I apologise if I sound cranky but my backstory with Mike goes back to the beginning of our version of Pinfest here and the support I gave him for years including test trialling products that is now main stream.
Rant over - small weight off shoulders, Thanks.

Go back to the beginning and full support for this venture was right across the Australian pinball community. A lot has been done in 5 years to completely destroy that.

#3129 5 years ago

My Lord, I've been off pinside for nearly 6 months and I can't believe this is still a thing... I'm embarrassed for Homepin.

#3130 5 years ago

There are a lot of updates we would like to share with the pinball community, especially behind the scenes. Please note;

- a number of updates have taken place to the cabinet, including new metal ramp. For customers who have already received their machines, please contact your distributor who will offer you upgrade kit. These new parts should be shipping from the Homepin factory at the end of this week.

- as previously documented, Homepin has needed to add an additional factory/warehouse and restructure their production. All pre-built machines (as well as partially built) have needed to be upgraded with new parts/improvements and these machines have now been shipped to Australia. Cancelled orders have been resold to other customers.

- some Homepin pre-order customers in Australia will start to receive their orders end of this month, whilst the majority are planned for end of January. Homepin has contacted our office with list of all their direct pre-order customers, and today we have reached out to all with updates. For those who preferred not to work with us or ship their machines directly, we have not contacted you – if you want to join our information network please contact our office.

- in Australia, we have now established a full professional distribution and service network that can support local customers. Final announcements will be made at the end of this week. All Australian Homepin customers will have spare parts, service and support for their Thunderbirds Pinball machines in Australia with next day delivery. Further, Highway has worked with Homepin to offer all pre-order customers an additional 12 months warranty on ALL parts.

Highway has committed to a promotional campaign starting in Australia, including developing retail distribution channels which will see Thunderbirds Pinball machine being advertised on the number one TV channel in Australia for the next 3 months.

- Internationally, we are working with our distribution partners to solve machines damaged in transport, arrange upgrade kits, and to develop full support network in each country we have agents. Your first contact should be your local agent.

Pinfest in Australia went very well where we demonstrated Thunderbirds and collected a number of orders which unfortunately we could not satisfy immediately due to the current production delays. Our problem is not sales, but is on supply – Homepin is working to increase production so that we can satisfy not only existing pre-order customers, but also new orders.

We will stay in touch with regular updates.

#3131 5 years ago

I would wait till you have goods in Australia before wasting that TV advertising money.

Past experience people react straight Away and want product now and ready for Christmas, then it dies in the arse over January as people are away on holidays.

Plus they never remember what the machine is or who from, which creates free sales for every other sellers of machines, so thanks for that in advance.

#3132 5 years ago

Just to be clear for all involved in this.. when you say " additional 12 months warranty"... is this in addition to the 12 months warranty that is Australian law, so 24 months?

Or.. is this a rewording of what is the minimum requirement for products sold in Australia?

#3133 5 years ago
Quoted from Retropin:

Just to be clear for all involved in this.. when you say " additional 12 months warranty"... is this in addition to the 12 months warranty that is Australian law, so 24 months?
Or.. is this a rewording of what is the minimum requirement for products sold in Australia?

There is no 'minimum' warranty in Australia, with Australian Consumer Law we fix products at work that are outside the 12 month period on the manufacturers documents

#3134 5 years ago
Quoted from Retropin:

To all pre-order customers in Australia, it is 24 months warranty (whether the machine is being used at home or commercial venue). And, the warranty is transferable (should you wish to sell your machine to another person, the balance warranty is transferred to the new buyer).

#3135 5 years ago
Quoted from highwaygames:

There are a lot of updates we would like to share with the pinball community, especially behind the scenes. Please note;
- a number of updates have taken place to the cabinet, including new metal ramp. For customers who have already received their machines, please contact your distributor who will offer you upgrade kit. These new parts should be shipping from the Homepin factory at the end of this week.
- as previously documented, Homepin has needed to add an additional factory/warehouse and restructure their production. All pre-built machines (as well as partially built) have needed to be upgraded with new parts/improvements and these machines have now been shipped to Australia. Cancelled orders have been resold to other customers.
- some Homepin pre-order customers in Australia will start to receive their orders end of this month, whilst the majority are planned for end of January. Homepin has contacted our office with list of all their direct pre-order customers, and today we have reached out to all with updates. For those who preferred not to work with us or ship their machines directly, we have not contacted you – if you want to join our information network please contact our office.
- in Australia, we have now established a full professional distribution and service network that can support local customers. Final announcements will be made at the end of this week. All Australian Homepin customers will have spare parts, service and support for their Thunderbirds Pinball machines in Australia with next day delivery. Further, Highway has worked with Homepin to offer all pre-order customers an additional 12 months warranty on ALL parts.
Highway has committed to a promotional campaign starting in Australia, including developing retail distribution channels which will see Thunderbirds Pinball machine being advertised on the number one TV channel in Australia for the next 3 months.
- Internationally, we are working with our distribution partners to solve machines damaged in transport, arrange upgrade kits, and to develop full support network in each country we have agents. Your first contact should be your local agent.
Pinfest in Australia went very well where we demonstrated Thunderbirds and collected a number of orders which unfortunately we could not satisfy immediately due to the current production delays. Our problem is not sales, but is on supply – Homepin is working to increase production so that we can satisfy not only existing pre-order customers, but also new orders.
We will stay in touch with regular updates.

I would wait till you have goods in Australia before wasting that TV advertising money.
Past experience people react straight Away and want product now and ready for Christmas, then it dies in the arse over January as people are away on holidays.
Plus they never remember what the machine is or who from, which creates free sales for every other sellers of machines, so thanks for that in advance.

The two parties are clearly not on good terms, but I think he's given you some good advice here. Until you have product you can ship out immediately, I'm not sure TV advertising money is a very good idea.

#3136 5 years ago

Just got my Thunderbirds. Small issue: after a few games, something is stuck or malfunctioning somewhere. As soon as the ball is launched, it just keeps awarding 10,000 points over an over again. Any help?

291C6D13-533C-46A0-B84E-AABDB2764CBA (resized).jpeg291C6D13-533C-46A0-B84E-AABDB2764CBA (resized).jpegAD1AA5F7-ECD6-4974-9CA3-B7E7AC35C26E (resized).jpegAD1AA5F7-ECD6-4974-9CA3-B7E7AC35C26E (resized).jpeg
#3137 5 years ago

Is there a visual switch matrix or any kind of switch test in the menu?

#3138 5 years ago

Stuck switch for certain. Select switch test in menu and bump the playfield.

The printed service manual included also has the switch matrix in it showing switch numbers so you can easily identify where the switch is on the playfield from switch test.

#3139 5 years ago

Switch 38 is on. Now to figure out what that is. Hehe.

#3140 5 years ago

From the manual, sw38 is "right trees plastic". This is the switch mounted under the playfield plastic that is under the right side trees.

sw_matrix (resized).jpgsw_matrix (resized).jpg
#3141 5 years ago

Right Tree Plastic. Switch 38. I dont see anything obvious looking at it. But I also have no skillz in this area

#3142 5 years ago
Quoted from twitami:

Right Tree Plastic. Switch 38. I dont see anything obvious looking at it. But I also have no skillz in this area

The contacts will very likely be touching or very close together. You will need to bend them apart a little. This might be easier if you lift the playfield, put it on the prop, and remove the switch (two screws) from underneath.

#3143 5 years ago

I dont even see a switch. Lol.

#3144 5 years ago

By the way, (looking at your pictures) the DMD was actually giving you a clue to which switch - look at the picture, it's the palm trees awarding 10K points LOL

ScreenHunter_666 Nov. 13 05.46 (resized).jpgScreenHunter_666 Nov. 13 05.46 (resized).jpg
#3145 5 years ago
Quoted from twitami:

I dont even see a switch. Lol.

If you lift the playfield, the underside of it is screen printed with many details including switch numbers. It should be pretty easy to spot. I will see if I have a picture here somewhere - it's 5.30am here so I don't have all files with me.

#3146 5 years ago

Haha. Sure enough. I hate to sound dumb, bit I dont see a switch

#3147 5 years ago

Two screws holding the switch in - easiest to unscrew them and remove the switch assembly from the bottom. This is a switch, not a target type switch, just a switch activated by the ball hitting the rubber.

ScreenHunter_667 Nov. 13 05.54 (resized).jpgScreenHunter_667 Nov. 13 05.54 (resized).jpg

#3148 5 years ago
Quoted from twitami:

Haha. Sure enough. I hate to sound dumb, bit I dont see a switch

You'll get it,be patient-and this should be a good start on your apprenticeship as a pinball tech !!

#3149 5 years ago

I think I got it. Woot.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 334.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 91.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepin-official-thread-pinball-parts-machine-progress/page/63?hl=adol75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.