Untitled (resized).png
hplockbar (resized).jpg
hpbuttons (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20200808_121939 (resized).jpg
16178194 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 91.
#2851 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

with all due respect, have you been reading some of the highly questionable personal opinions being espoused by homepin and the method of customer responses the company has slapped onto the internet?
If the company is truly reliant on word of mouth and opinion, then they need to silence and let the delivery of games speak for themselves or radically change their approach to dealing with forum issues. Because from my perspective they are reading from the wrong playbook.
See the post above... perfect example

I don't disagree with you that if you can't say anything good, when you're the figurehead of a company, it's best to say nothing at all, be the bigger man, etc.

It's obvious that there is a lot of emotionality in this project both for Homepin and for people who have put down a serious amount of money in good faith to buy the product. I don't think anyone is actually happy right now. It doesn't excuse unprofessional or petulant responses, by either side, but it does go some way to explaining them.

I also don't agree with the idea that silence is the right answer either. In the absence of any rebuttal then people might just believe the one side of the story they are hearing. You only need look at what happened with Heighway when there was radio silence about Alien - people just assume the worst and it becomes an echo chamber of pessimism.

That being said there are avenues for customers to get their pins, reasonable ones it sounds like, they just need to be prepared to work with them to get to the finish line.

Constantly ripping on the company and highwaygames when they seem to just want to resolve the impasse seems like a very strange strategy to me when one is already $5000 in the hole. It's a bit like complaining about the chef before you've eaten your food...

#2852 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Let me help you with that...you are kind of a hard guy to like for a lot of people.

That was a very long time ago. If I remember correctly, some people were really going after Mike at the time. I think partly due to his comments regarding the use of PC based control systems in pinball machines, like JJP, versus dedicated hardware like Bally/Williams.

He has since explained away those comments and made his machine compatible with the US.

#2853 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Let me help you with that...you are kind of a hard guy to like for a lot of people.

Turn your tongue 7 times in your mouth before opening it is the quote that comes to mind on that one. Pinball is a niche and passion market so personal stories and relations are as important as the product itself.

#2854 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

I don't disagree with you that if you can't say anything good, when you're the figurehead of a company, it's best to say nothing at all, be the bigger man, etc.
It's obvious that there is a lot of emotionality in this project both for homepin and for people who have put down a serious amount of money in good faith to buy the product. I don't think anyone is actually happy right now. It doesn't excuse unprofessional or petulant responses, by either side, but it does go some way to explaining them.
I also don't agree with the idea that silence is the right answer either. In the absence of any rebuttal then people might just believe the one side of the story they are hearing. You only need look at what happened with Heighway when there was radio silence about Alien - people just assume the worst and it becomes an echo chamber of pessimism.
That being said there are avenues for customers to get their pins, reasonable ones it sounds like, they just need to be prepared to work with them to get to the finish line.
Constantly ripping on the company and highwaygames when they seem to just want to resolve the impasse seems like a very strange strategy to me when one is already $5000 in the hole. It's a bit like complaining about the chef before you've eaten your food...

Well stated.

#2855 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

To me, Mike comes across as a passionate, no BS person who doesn't suffer fools and doesn't play nice just because it would be the "smart" thing to do.

Before he started on Thunderbirds, he would comment on how other manufacturers were doing it wrong and how he could do it better.

Never met him, so don't know if I would like him, but I do respect him for putting his money where his mouth is and for pushing forward through all the set backs and heart ache.

#2856 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

To me, Mike comes across as a passionate, no BS person who doesn't suffer fools and doesn't play nice just because it would be the "smart" thing to do.
Before he started on Thunderbirds, he would comment on how other manufacturers were doing it wrong and how he could do it better.
Never met him, so don't know if I would like him, but I do respect him for putting his money where his mouth is and for pushing forward through all the set backs and heart ache.

Sounds like a guy I would like to meet.

#2857 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

self confidence is important when settung up a business
but it can come across as arogance when things dont go as planned

" a poor tradesman blames his tools"
you should not blame your customers if you dont explain yourself clearly

#2858 5 years ago

I hear the same old lets not be negative, give the guy a break, then why has this thread turned out the same way as all the other ones I have seen. Mention Thunderbirds and people go homepin and homepin goes people and mods then shut down the thread. WTF I say, no mention of the game really. If someone says the flippers are week, they're shot down as being an idiot or a troll (as again recently mentioned). I don't see many detailed positive reviews and why is that? I am sure trolls can't shut them down but I don't see them.

And I can tell you I have asked for positive reviews and pretty much get, it's great value for the money.....is that it?

How about homepin do a bit of PR stuff and get a stream going or video people's repsonses to playing it or something FSS. And don't repsond with "we're busy or we don't care what people say etc etc"

I'm sure others would like to hear the good, but I don't want the bad withheld just because homepin doesn't like lit. Buyers need info to make decent decisions, ATM I wouldn't touch a homepin product because all I hear is predominantly negatives and negativity back as repsonses.

As far as trying goes, that doesn't cut it as the only reason to support a company, there's lots of tryers out there that don't get my money or respect. It's how you conduct yourself and how good the product is that counts for me

#2859 5 years ago

embryon did u manage to catch recent twitch broadcasts from UK Pinfest,.. and the video of a unbox/setup done at a recent UK pinball show? They,.. and some of the US reviews have been what I was most interested in,.. good and bad reviews, while subjective,.. exposes useful patterns of opinion. rotordave also pushed some straight shooting feedback recently.

#2860 5 years ago
Quoted from mrWol64:

embryon did u manage to catch recent twitch broadcasts from UK Pinfest,.. and the video of a unbox/setup done at a recent UK pinball show? They,.. and some of the US reviews have been what I was most interested in,.. good and bad reviews, while subjective,.. exposes useful patterns of opinion. rotordave also pushed some straight shooting feedback recently.

Thanks will have a look

#2861 5 years ago

Thunderbirds is listed as one of the games at the Vancouver Flip Expo in September. If I go I'll probably stand in the line to see how it plays.

I'd never buy this machine though. Maybe if you rethemed it to Team America... ( - :

Vancouver Tbirds (resized).PNGVancouver Tbirds (resized).PNG
#2862 5 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

was this clause (2, 2A, 2B) included in your shipping e-mail?
Was any time frame mentioned (in regards to free shipping) in your shipping e-mail?

Did not think i would get an answer
Mike, rather than read more of your lies and BS, just refund my money and we part ways

#2863 5 years ago

Mike I'm happy if you can work some magic between with Highway & PopBumperPete where no 46 ends up in my name against my current order... everyone needs to focus on working towards a good positive outcome & amicable outcome for PopBumperPete. It's hard unless you have walked in other peoples shoes & its hard to compromise when it's cutting against your values. Anyway just a thought if it can help & everyone is comfortable .

#2865 5 years ago
Quoted from mrWol64:

Then he had better be careful he doesn’t get the offer and rant I copped,.. how dare very he

I went and quoted the wrong post didn't I, it was meant to be guessing the second game's theme. I put it to Mike after the Pinfest talk that it was Saiyu-Ki, the Monkey King legend. He didn't comment.

#2866 5 years ago
Quoted from Tigers2017:

Mike I'm happy if you can work some magic between with Highway & PopBumperPete where no 46 ends up in my name against my current order... everyone needs to focus on working towards a good positive outcome & amicable outcome for PopBumperPete. It's hard unless you have walked in other peoples shoes & its hard to compromise when it's cutting against your values. Anyway just a thought if it can help & everyone is comfortable .

please understand, at the moment highway has no plan on shipping any games to Australia

#2867 5 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

I went and quoted the wrong post didn't I, it was meant to be guessing the second game's theme. I put it to Mike after the Pinfest talk that it was Saiyu-Ki, the Monkey King legend. He didn't comment.

He was soooo close to saying it and in the presentation

#2868 5 years ago

hmmmm
the latest news from the Australian distibutor is that the factory has been closed down and is being relocated
nobody is getting games before xmas

#2869 5 years ago

hmmmm
the latest news from the Australian distibutor is that the factory has been closed down and is being relocated
nobody is getting games before xmas

Nobody in Australia Only You Mean?

#2870 5 years ago

I feel sorry for Highway (the local distributor)
not only do they have to organize the preorder shipping (which Mike should have done), they now get shafted over who gets games first

#2871 5 years ago

Organising some Magic can take some time lets see in a couple weeks time what Mike & Highway can arrange. We are all living/working very busy lives these days & from what I hear we need to be mindful about the uncontrollable logistics Homepin may/is be dealing with that we have no visibility or understanding. So my expectations at this point in time is to give them some time...they are busy with priorities which may not align with ours at this point but they will get to in due course...
My current expectations re TAG shipping "expect to be shipping in October" now I'm not holding them to it & understand many moving parts us but will be disappointed if my kids don't have TAG for Xmas but worry about that if we end up there.

#2872 5 years ago

Tigers2017
the problem i have is that has been so much bullshit and bluster from Mike that i dont believe a word he says

Mike has shipped containers (of cocktail cabinets), Highway ships regularly. they can both do it. it is not magic

#2873 5 years ago

Tigers2017
the problem i have is that has been so much bullshit and bluster from Mike that i dont believe a word he says
Mike has shipped containers (of cocktail cabinets), Highway ships regularly. they can both do it. it is not magic

Give it a rest Pete, your machine is here and if you don't want it please tell me (via email NOT social media) and I will give it to someone else. No BS or bluster, forget the gossip, just very simple FACTS!

Stop with the BS yourself, make up your mind - free shipping (will take time) - paid shipping, we will send according to your wishes.

All the rest of your comments are just rubbish.

#2874 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Give it a rest Pete, your machine is here and if you don't want it please tell me (via email NOT social media) and I will give it to someone else.

Take it PopBumperPete , this is what you have been asking for for what seems like ages and with full refund finally.
Wonder why this all of a sudden changed?

#2875 5 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Take it Pete, this is what you have been asking for for what seems like ages and with full refund finally.

He didn't offer a refund...he offered to give it to someone else.

#2876 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Well they should and then life will move on.

#2877 5 years ago

Just a quick thought. The preorders were offered an exclusive topper. Also the el lightning back box sides were on the brochure. Now they must be worth dollars. So I'm proposing seeing these two items are now not available, surely Homepin could kick in that money towards shipping, if in fact, it doesn't cover it already. What do you think

#2878 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I'm sure that's just semantics. I doubt very much he meant that he would just give the pin to someone else with PopBumperPete having paid for them to have it.

#2879 5 years ago

@oldsckool, there was no offer of a refund
there is also no free shipping on the table at the moment
Highway is now offering to bring them in for less than $390, but not before xmas

#2880 5 years ago

@oldsckool, there was no offer of a refund
there is also no free shipping on the table at the moment
Highway is now offering to bring them in for less than $390, but not before xmas

He said above there is free shipping. Free shipping means it will turn up when it turns up - weeks or months from now, with no guarantee as to when. That's the trade-off for it being free.

$390 to ship a pin does not sound unreasonable. I was quoted ~£450 (~$576 USD) to ship a pin from Italy to the UK.

So you have options - which are you going to choose?

#2881 5 years ago

Sounds like progress.

#2882 5 years ago

Did the first North American shipment arrive?

Why didn't all original buyers get their first?

Will North America in the long run be the region of most owners?

#2883 5 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Did the first North American shipment arrive?
Why didn't all original buyers get their first?
Will North America in the long run be the region of most owners?

The Canadian shipment was delivered to Nitro Pinball yesterday.

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY..............Nitro Pinball Canada ARE a pre-order buyer EXACTLY the same as every other pre-order buyer (including the ones complaining about the freight costs in this thread and other places).

BUT there is one main difference...............they have paid ALL costs including delivery UNLIKE some other pre-order buyers who seem intent on complaining loudly to try and force me to ship them for free !!!!!

THIS IS WHY THE NITRO SHIPMENT WAS DELIVERED FIRST!!!!!!!!

Can I be any clearer?

We are holding orders for customers in many countries, there is no single country that has ordered more machines than any other.

There is no problem or conspiracy here - when pre-order customers decide which way they want their machines delivered AND then pay for that method (or WAIT if they choose free delivery) we will schedule their machine to be built to fit - it really is that simple and clear cut.

#2884 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:The Canadian shipment was delivered to Nitro Pinball yesterday.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY..............Nitro Pinball Canada ARE a pre-order buyer EXACTLY the same as every other pre-order buyer (including the ones complaining about the freight costs in this thread and other places).
BUT there is one main difference...............they have paid ALL costs including delivery UNLIKE some other pre-order buyers who seem intent on complaining loudly to try and force me to ship them for free !!!!!
Can I be any clearer?
We are holding orders for customers in many countries, there is no single country that has ordered more machines than any other.
There is no problem or conspiracy here - when pre-order customers decide which way they want their machines delivered AND then pay for that method (or WAIT if they choose free delivery) we will schedule their machine to be built to fit - it really is that simple and clear cut.

You threw in free shipping to get more preorders up front. These people essentially gave you a free loan for the last few years while waiting for their machines. Then when the machines are finished, you throw the little "*" in there that they won't be getting their machines until it suits YOU.

There is literally zero timeline for when these early supporters are getting their machines...next month, or even next year. But they can get their machines now if they pay the shipping cost. Thats a blatent bait and switch, it's pretty darn rotten. These people took a big risk in pre-funding your venture with no collateral, and now you are just waving your middle finger at them incessantly because you would rather chase new money over doing the right thing and get your supporters the machine they paid for YEARS AGO. I am sure many of them dove in on this "deal" because you offered free shipping. If you would have been honest in the beginning and told everyone they may be waiting several months longer because of this "deal", they would have never agreed to it.

Good luck getting anyone to put money up ahead of time on your next venture.

#2885 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

You threw in free shipping to get more preorders up front. These people essentially gave you a free loan for the last few years while waiting for their machines. Then when the machines are finished, you throw the little "*" in there that they won't be getting their machines until it suits YOU.
There is literally zero timeline for when these early supporters are getting their machines...next month, or even next year. But they can get their machines now if they pay the shipping cost. Thats a blatent bait and switch, it's pretty darn rotten. These people took a big risk in pre-funding your venture with no collateral, and now you are just waving your middle finger at them incessantly because you would rather chase new money over doing the right thing and get your supporters the machine they paid for YEARS AGO. I am sure many of them dove in on this "deal" because you offered free shipping. If you would have been honest in the beginning and told everyone they may be waiting several months longer because of this "deal", they would have never agreed to it.
Good luck getting anyone to put money up ahead of time on your next venture.

You are INCORRECT.

Not once, EVER did I offer free shipping to ANYONE upfront. The original contract and receipt clearly states "price excludes GST and shipping from the factory". Every pre-order customer knew this from day one and knew that shipping charges, tax and delivery costs to their door would be due and payable when the machines were ready.

You are not a pre-order buyer so you wouldn't know any of this. You are reading a one sided story from someone who has his nose out of joint for some reason BUT that reason IS NOT because I back peddled on shipping - far from it - actually I made the deal BETTER by offering free shipping recently. This is NOT 'bait and switch' or any other tactic.

Free shipping was offered ONLY after we started production (recently) as a sweetener for pre-order buyers but it came with conditions (such as WAIT for the next container traveling).

The deal is EXACTLY the same as it was from day one for ALL pre-order buyers and I will not be bullied into shipping games for free. It hasn't changed and I have only made it BETTER. Some want to read different things from what people write but those are the FACTS about shipping right from the start of this project.

partcontract (resized).jpgpartcontract (resized).jpg
#2886 5 years ago

I wish this pissing match wasn't so public.

If someone starts a new topic where information about the game is discussed please share the URL here.

Make sure it is "OFFICIAL" ( - :

#2887 5 years ago

once again Mike, you blame the customer for your own poor communication

#2888 5 years ago

What option are you choosing? Did you ignore the options?

#2889 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

What option are you choosing? Did you ignore the options?

not that it is any of your business, but shipping deals hafe been offered 4 times now and yes i have made my decision

#2890 5 years ago

That's cool. I genuinely want you to reach a conclusion with it all. It seemed from the tone of your posts that you weren't seeing those options being laid out, that's all.

#2891 5 years ago

Mikes original shipping offer that he made in April was;
air freight at $1800, and do all the paperwork
LCL at $600 (not sure if that included taxes and fees), and do all the paperwork
sea freight, free, no paperwork. but there was no mention of special conditions that Mike has added later

#2892 5 years ago

Mikes original shipping offer that he made in April was;
air freight at $1800, and do all the paperwork
LCL at $600 (not sure if that included taxes and fees), and do all the paperwork
sea freight, free, no paperwork. but there was no mention of special conditions that Mike has added later

Do you happen to have copies of that communication?

#2893 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

yes

if i was lying, Mike could just report me to the moderators and have me ejected from the thread
he knows i am not , so he is trying to bully and bluster his way to quiet me

#2894 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

All pre order customers have this info, plus a lot of other communications Pete is not lying so I’m not sure why Mike keeps shooting him down. Last communication from Highway stated they could not give us shipping details as they could not get timing for when games would be available off Mike. Games are not being made due to issues at Homepin.

Time to fess up and tell the truth Mike...lies turn this thread to shit. You need to take some ownership and stop blaming others for this situation.

#2895 5 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Take it popbumperpete , this is what you have been asking for for what seems like ages and with full refund finally.

REFUND PETE and any one else from Australia ( you know that place that supported you ) who wants it from the first pre-orderers. Simples.

Homepin

Then this thread can go back to the game.
Don't you have any more orders to fill that these machines could be used for as you seem to have a shit fight with authorities in building these at the moment in China?

#2896 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

The Canadian shipment was delivered to Nitro Pinball yesterday.

But after the time the Australian pre order guys had handed over their money you were publicly stating that you would NOT sell to USA or Canada.. its all archived in this forum as well as the Aussie Pinball Forum. It was quite a public statement made at the time and yet despite this public statement, a deal must have been done with Nitro at the very same time for your words to have any ring of truth to them.
Please excuse us if we find this scenario somewhat confusing.
Games are ready.. choose your shipping or shut up statement is concurrent with present day.
Highway don't have your games or know when they will have them to ship.

Again, excuse us for finding this confusing.

We would all love to see an end to this public fiasco.. it really isn't good reading. But someone, either pre order guys or Homepin, is not presenting the real facts.
It will all come out in the end.. it always does. The only question is just how much damage will be done in the process. As it stands right now, its a hell of a lot because the huge amount of support shown to this venture right at the start is long gone.
Wonder why that would be?

#2897 5 years ago

If you just read this thread you can see where Mike is contradicting himself. He offered ridiculous air freight terms but then said he would still have to figure out all the taxes and tariffs, and had no timeframe for that. The other option was to wait for enough new Australian orders to fill a container of games and then if there was room hitch a ride. If there was no room then wait for a future container, rinse and repeat. So both options allowed for unlimited delays at Mikes discretion.
Edit: he was looking for future orders to subsidize the shipping of pre-orders.

#2898 5 years ago

Threads (and vendors) like this make me embarrassed to be an Aussie.....

#2899 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

If you just read this thread you can see where Mike is contradicting himself. He offered ridiculous air freight terms but then said he would still have to figure out all the taxes and tariffs, and had no timeframe for that. The other option was to wait for enough new Australian orders to fill a container of games and then if there was room hitch a ride. If there was no room then wait for a future container, rinse and repeat. So both options allowed for unlimited delays at Mikes discretion.
Edit: he was looking for future orders to subsidize the shipping of pre-orders.

My "other" containers were for goods OTHER THAN pinball machines. Homepin makes and sources numerous other products and usually we ship many containers a year to Australia.

#2900 5 years ago
Quoted from vegemite_nick:

Threads (and vendors) like this make me embarrassed to be an Aussie.....

Posts like this make me so ashamed that you could even contemplate commenting when you have no idea of the full facts and are simply believing hearsay like so many reading this thread.

In the "real world" this thread simply wouldn't exist because reality would prevail - but in cyberspace every try-hard can say what he likes.

There are 4,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 91.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepin-official-thread-pinball-parts-machine-progress/page/58?hl=ausretrogamer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.