Untitled (resized).png
hplockbar (resized).jpg
hpbuttons (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20200808_121939 (resized).jpg
16178194 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 91.
#2801 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Depends on quantity. Maybe $250-$300 each

agreed .. so theres 10 games local and lets say 25 games at 275. a bill for 6875 .. who pays that?

its not about an issue of getting 40 sales in Australia .. if you want to ship full containers you need to sell a full container in each *city* or wait until something else is paying for the container to go there with a few games in the spare space.

#2802 5 years ago
Quoted from Gunske:

With this attitude, you deserve to be pre-order-scammed and lose ur money tbh.

No,.. not today or ever does anyone deserve to be “pre order scammed”!! What a bloody stupid thing to say,... and dont judge everyone who is a pre order customer so generically,.. there are different points of view,.. we don’t all agree,.. but we all have a different story

I’d rather see some more reports from the UK pin event,.. good or bad

#2803 5 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

agreed .. so theres 10 games local and lets say 25 games at 275. a bill for 6875 .. who pays that?
its not about an issue of getting 40 sales in Australia .. if you want to ship full containers you need to sell a full container in each *city* or wait until something else is paying for the container to go there with a few games in the spare space.

Well, most games probably go to Sydney, with Melbourne and Perth making up almost all of the rest? The problem IN MY OPINION, wasn't that pre-orders aren't willing to pay a few hundred bucks for shipping from the port of entry. They PROBABLY don't want to pay $1500-$1800 for air freight from China. I SUSPECT, if all the pre-orders agreed to air freight, another snag would arise to prevent Mike from following through. Clearly Mr. Bally offered free shipping knowing full well that he was calling Mikes bluff, IN MY OPINION. Does anyone actually believe Pre-order games are really sitting in boxes waiting for shipment? IM GUESSING Those games, if they exist, are chasing new money.We've seen it all before with MOST every other pinball company not named Stern.

Note: CAPITALIZED words and question marks cover my ass from Mike threatening a libel lawsuit because he APPEARS to be TRUMPIAN in his business dealings.

#2804 5 years ago

Looks like the saying First in Best Dressed doesn't apply for Aussies.

As far as pins are concerned.

#2805 5 years ago

Reality is the Aussie games have not yet been build, are not sitting in a Warehouse and never will be all ready to ship at one time.

There are 2 other Distributors in Australia you can contact who do have containers shipping to Australia before November.

-removed-

#2806 5 years ago
Quoted from mrWol64:

No,.. not today or ever does anyone deserve to be “pre order scammed”!! What a bloody stupid thing to say,... and dont judge everyone who is a pre order customer so generically,.. there are different points of view,.. we don’t all agree,.. but we all have a different story
I’d rather see some more reports from the UK pin event,.. good or bad

Sure some people do. After each pre-order fiasco, it's crying, get the torches, burn the witch. Then someone comes with another pinpromise, rinse and repeat.

+ the fact that he is building in China from the ground up, everything custom made, deserves some more respect instead of flaming his ass of because of more people then the "chosen ones" get the topper and there machine before them.

He also could have run with all the cash and deliver zero. He actually delivers, and you guys threat him the same way then he is was a scammer...

#2807 5 years ago
Quoted from Gunske:

Sure some people do. After each pre-order fiasco, it's crying, get the torches, burn the witch. Then someone comes with another pinpromise, rinse and repeat.
+ the fact that he is building in China from the ground up, everything custom made, deserves some more respect instead of flaming his ass of because of more people then the "chosen ones" get the topper and there machine before them.
He also could have run with all the cash and deliver zero. He actually delivers, and you guys threat him the same way then he is was a scammer...

You may call people naive for pre-ordering, but I don't see how you can put the blame on them for Mike's questionable actions. He deserves respect when he keeps his word. Building custom made parts in China does not factor into it. He has not delivered and that is the problem. Whether he is a scammer is open to debate. Lauding him because he could have run with all the cash and delivered zero is a pretty low bar, don't you agree? And this is yet to be determined.

#2808 5 years ago

- late delivery
- no exclusive topper

A ton of pre-order people would be euphoric and get tears in there eyes if it was just that...
(predator, TBL, the 3 jpop, etc...)

Just give the dude some credit ffs. I've been following his "blog" since the beginning and only got respect for him cause with each shitness, he could drop the whole thing, but he kept going and adapting.

If you want a trouble free transaction, why you guys give money to preorders, instead of getting a Stern?

#2809 5 years ago
Quoted from Gunske:

Dude,.. I havent had a crack at Homepin,.. or pushed smoke up his backside,.. so I believe what you are saying is what is known as bollox,.. quality grade A!!

#2810 5 years ago

Mikes presentation is on Neil McRae’s channel on twitch from UK Pinfest, .. interesting with a lot of the Brisbane presentation in it so far,.. will see what he says about the story 2016-2018

#2811 5 years ago

Well, like always, big blabla on the forum, till you meet him and take a pic of his back.

Why you guys not sue him if you're so mad?

#2812 5 years ago
Quoted from Gunske:

Well, like always, big blabla on the forum, till you meet him and take a pic of his back.
Why you guys not sue him if you're so mad?

I have met Mike and spoken to him,.. discussed the TAG manual content I recall,.. enjoyable conversation, ... the pic was on a thing called “the internet”.. if that helps you sleep at night Professor Tournesol

#2813 5 years ago

This witch hunt needs to stop.

We want to clearly explain the situation to everyone, so that there are no misunderstandings and that everyone is going in the same direction.

- Homepin is a new pinball factory, and needed a lot of support to get it off the ground, and, to develop itself as a mainstream factory. The pre-order customers have helped tremendously to get the project/factory established.

- it has not been an easy process, as our company has approached Homepin during these last years to manufacturer a number of our own machines and could see first hand the situation. Each time, we were told that Homepin needed to start the production of Thunderbirds, and once underway, they can start on our machines. Each time however, something which was not in Homepin’s control would influence this work and delay the project – whether it was a 3rd party factory running away with the moulds, or, government officials rezoning factories for different usages. In all cases, Homepin rolled with the punches and continues onwards.

- earlier this year, Highway Games together with Homepin exhibited at the biggest amusement trade show in Asia (AAA Show) and was hugely successful. Whilst Homepin could have gone into production during this time in April, the factory actually went back and tried to improve more of the game play and redesigned circuit boards to make the machine even better.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DZ8AVzSVoAEGPVo.jpg

- Homepin is treating Thunderbirds as its baby. And because of this, they take pride in their machine, and sometimes sensitive when people complain about their “son/daughter”. Some people will like the theme, others will hate it, some will like the game play, others would like to see things improved. In the end, it’s the first machine Homepin has made, and as new models are released, together with fresh community involvement, this project can literally go where ever people want to take it.

Now, back to the current mess;

- the distribution model for Thunderbirds in Australia was not setup well, as there must be one price, warranty, parts, etc…. across all of Australia. It means, the importer is legally responsible for the goods, insurances, taxes, etc… and with this, Highway Entertainment has agreed to help solve all – one rule (warranty, etc.. ) for everyone.

- about 3-4 weeks ago, we started to reach out to all Homepin pre-order customers to explain to them that we would be helping with Australian support. 80% of the people replied, some customers complained that their deal was including free freight and installation, others wanted their machines shipped Fedex, etc… We actually understand very well that most of the people have waited patiently for their machines, and whilst its not our fault the machines were delayed, we allowed people who were upset to vent their frustration in emails or over the phone to our staff.

- as we have been explaining to everyone, it takes time, money and effort to setup the distribution network so that everyone can receive high level of service and support. A customer in Western Australia, should be able to receive the same support as a customer in Queensland. And, since we have offered 8 times the warranty compared to buying a Stern pinball, it means that we must have everything setup professionally, and, have the support of the local community. We are actually very close to announcing all state agents in Australia, and just waiting for Homepin to return back from UK for final arrangements/discussions.

- for a number of pre-order Homepin customers who have been actively writing in this thread, we did reach out to you both via email and also via phone and asked you to call our office to discuss best options as we will work closely to solve. However, many of you ignored us, and some kept writing untruths in this threat. As we told you, Highway is not earning anything from you – and wants to actually help you firstly understand the current situation, and, get you your machine as soon as possible.

- Homepin did actually start assembling machines for the Australian pre-order customers. And, at the same time, needed to assemble and release some machines to international agents so that the machines can be displayed across the world. Even though Highway Games (through its worldwide agents) has collected a number of orders across Europe, China and USA, we are solely focused on getting machines to pre-order customers. Any new orders have all been told delivery in December as Homepin does not have the capacity to manufacture huge volumes.

- but writing letters of complaint to government agencies, in various forums, or, today (if they follow Wayne Gillard’s advice) complaining to ITV, is causing further delays/problems. Highway did go to pickup some of the machines to ship to Australia but needed to cancel the pickup. Customers started complaining why is Adelaide (for example) getting their machines before Sydney, etc..... In the end, it became so messy, that we needed to stop as some of the demands were getting out of hand.

Having said this however, we also do not want people to feel helpless and alone. As we have mentioned, we have already reached out via phone and email to ALL pre-order customers and will work with them for whatever solutions we can provide. Your welcomed to call our office anytime.

Lastly, there are key people in this thread who are actively trying to destabilise Homepin, especially Wayne Gillard/Ballypinball. Whether its trying to convince pre-order customers that you will ship for them, printing distributor buy prices in this thread, and today asking people to contact ITV so that Homepin loses their license (and therefore people losing their machines if Homepin fails) is nothing more than vindictive action by a Homepin competitor. We therefore cannot see why you are going to so much effort (both in these forums, and behind the scenes contacting various factories and license holders) to destabilise and destroy Homepin, when really, you should be concentrating on your own upset customers. If you have something positive to contribute, please share, otherwise people should see your actions for what they are.

Highway has put together a plan for all pre-order customers (who have agreed to work with us) and will be contacting you again tomorrow with the latest news and updates.

We again ask for patience, machines will start flowing soon.

#2814 5 years ago

I finished watching the presentation on twitch,... next pin not licensed,.. despite Mike trying not to say it,.. sounds like it might be the “Legend of Monkey”... but could be I read the signals badly

Homepin way off base with that guess?

#2815 5 years ago

pop bumper pete

Pete, your machine is indeed built, tested and packed ready for dispatch (see attached pictures). Andy Arcade visited the Homepin factory last week as you know and I made sure he saw your machine (as well as some others) - sitting there, ready to ship. In fact, it would have gone a week or so ago but your constant bickering and backpedaling caused us to cancel the transport of your machine to Highway Games Guangzhou for on-shipping to you.

Pete, shipping was NEVER included in the price of your machine. Yes, you have paid for your machine but NOT for the GST or shipping or local delivery.

When you can actually make up your mind about how you want this handled we can dispatch your machine.

Please stop spreading rubbish Pete and tell Highway Games or Homepin how you want to PAY for the transport and delivery of your machine.

#46_1 (resized).jpg#46_1 (resized).jpg#46_2 (resized).jpg#46_2 (resized).jpg
#2816 5 years ago

20 years hasn't changed your deflection and misinformation, don't you still owe people pinball software they ordered?

First of all I will have a Homepin thunderbirds at Flipout in December in Melbourne, which Mike said Melbourne was a Wart on the Pinball Industry that just won't Heal. Free for people to Play and Enjoy.

Mike says he has no Competition, so how does it affect my Business exactly.

I don't know what factories I have meant to have contacted. Please Advise?

As I said for the 50th Time. Just get the games to the people who paid first regardless of what country they are from.

Maybe he should get them out before showing a 2nd or 3rd game at Pinfest, a Hankin Branded Surfing game Ripcurl or Billabong?

Seeing your going to ship everyone's games I will pay you the $900 that it costs for a 20ft container, to assist in getting all the customers games shipped in the next 2 weeks.

That way no more excuses or delays.

#2817 5 years ago

Mike, you type alot but you say nothing
using faux anger to diflect my words is such a transparent tactic

#2818 5 years ago

Machines aren't built yet IMO...

There just seems to be a flurry of nebulous things that need to be tidied up before progress can be had... but everytime there is a solution offered to close the issue... new ones appear. Without deadlines... without a single throat to choke.

These are classic stall techniques.

Here's hoping people get their machines before the end of the year.

#2819 5 years ago
Quoted from mrWol64:

I finished watching the presentation on twitch,... next pin not licensed,.. despite Mike trying not to say it,.. sounds like it might be the “Legend of Monkey”... but could be I read the signals badly
homepin way off base with that guess?

I guessed EXACTLY the same thing.

#2820 5 years ago

Can someone point me in the direction of that twitch stream? My wife is a big fan of anything Monkey King. Would be kinda neat.

#2821 5 years ago
Quoted from highwaygames:

We want to clearly explain the situation to everyone, so that there are no misunderstandings and that everyone is going in the same direction.
- Homepin is a new pinball factory, and needed a lot of support to get it off the ground, and, to develop itself as a mainstream factory. The pre-order customers have helped tremendously to get the project/factory established.
- it has not been an easy process, as our company has approached Homepin during these last years to manufacturer a number of our own machines and could see first hand the situation. Each time, we were told that Homepin needed to start the production of Thunderbirds, and once underway, they can start on our machines. Each time however, something which was not in Homepin’s control would influence this work and delay the project – whether it was a 3rd party factory running away with the moulds, or, government officials rezoning factories for different usages. In all cases, Homepin rolled with the punches and continues onwards.
- earlier this year, Highway Games together with Homepin exhibited at the biggest amusement trade show in Asia (AAA Show) and was hugely successful. Whilst Homepin could have gone into production during this time in April, the factory actually went back and tried to improve more of the game play and redesigned circuit boards to make the machine even better.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DZ8AVzSVoAEGPVo.jpg
- Homepin is treating Thunderbirds as its baby. And because of this, they take pride in their machine, and sometimes sensitive when people complain about their “son/daughter”. Some people will like the theme, others will hate it, some will like the game play, others would like to see things improved. In the end, it’s the first machine Homepin has made, and as new models are released, together with fresh community involvement, this project can literally go where ever people want to take it.
Now, back to the current mess;
- the distribution model for Thunderbirds in Australia was not setup well, as there must be one price, warranty, parts, etc…. across all of Australia. It means, the importer is legally responsible for the goods, insurances, taxes, etc… and with this, Highway Entertainment has agreed to help solve all – one rule (warranty, etc.. ) for everyone.
- about 3-4 weeks ago, we started to reach out to all Homepin pre-order customers to explain to them that we would be helping with Australian support. 80% of the people replied, some customers complained that their deal was including free freight and installation, others wanted their machines shipped Fedex, etc… We actually understand very well that most of the people have waited patiently for their machines, and whilst its not our fault the machines were delayed, we allowed people who were upset to vent their frustration in emails or over the phone to our staff.
- as we have been explaining to everyone, it takes time, money and effort to setup the distribution network so that everyone can receive high level of service and support. A customer in Western Australia, should be able to receive the same support as a customer in Queensland. And, since we have offered 8 times the warranty compared to buying a Stern pinball, it means that we must have everything setup professionally, and, have the support of the local community. We are actually very close to announcing all state agents in Australia, and just waiting for Homepin to return back from UK for final arrangements/discussions.
- for a number of pre-order Homepin customers who have been actively writing in this thread, we did reach out to you both via email and also via phone and asked you to call our office to discuss best options as we will work closely to solve. However, many of you ignored us, and some kept writing untruths in this threat. As we told you, Highway is not earning anything from you – and wants to actually help you firstly understand the current situation, and, get you your machine as soon as possible.
- Homepin did actually start assembling machines for the Australian pre-order customers. And, at the same time, needed to assemble and release some machines to international agents so that the machines can be displayed across the world. Even though Highway Games (through its worldwide agents) has collected a number of orders across Europe, China and USA, we are solely focused on getting machines to pre-order customers. Any new orders have all been told delivery in December as Homepin does not have the capacity to manufacture huge volumes.
- but writing letters of complaint to government agencies, in various forums, or, today (if they follow Wayne Gillard’s advice) complaining to ITV, is causing further delays/problems. Highway did go to pickup some of the machines to ship to Australia but needed to cancel the pickup. Customers started complaining why is Adelaide (for example) getting their machines before Sydney, etc..... In the end, it became so messy, that we needed to stop as some of the demands were getting out of hand.
Having said this however, we also do not want people to feel helpless and alone. As we have mentioned, we have already reached out via phone and email to ALL pre-order customers and will work with them for whatever solutions we can provide. Your welcomed to call our office anytime.
Lastly, there are key people in this thread who are actively trying to destabilise Homepin, especially Wayne Gillard/Ballypinball. Whether its trying to convince pre-order customers that you will ship for them, printing distributor buy prices in this thread, and today asking people to contact ITV so that Homepin loses their license (and therefore people losing their machines if Homepin fails) is nothing more than vindictive action by a Homepin competitor. We therefore cannot see why you are going to so much effort (both in these forums, and behind the scenes contacting various factories and license holders) to destabilise and destroy Homepin, when really, you should be concentrating on your own upset customers. If you have something positive to contribute, please share, otherwise people should see your actions for what they are.
Highway has put together a plan for all pre-order customers (who have agreed to work with us) and will be contacting you again tomorrow with the latest news and updates.
We again ask for patience, machines will start flowing soon.

Common sense, facts, tangible evidence and truthful information will get you nowhere on pinside.

We are immune from such things.

#2822 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

pop bumper pete
In fact, it would have gone a week or so ago but your constant bickering and backpedaling caused us to cancel the transport of your machine to Highway Games Guangzhou for on-shipping to you.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Maybe I"m reading this wrong, but it sounds like you are punishing him for complaining, and saying he ain't getting shit until he keeps quiet and kisses your ass. I've seen this tactic used so many times in my life. A person looking for any excuse not to come through invents one.

#2823 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

In fact, it would have gone a week or so ago but your constant bickering and backpedaling caused us to cancel the transport of your machine to Highway Games Guangzhou for on-shipping to you.

That's not shipping.. that's transferring to another premises so its not sitting in your factory, and if this is true, then the decision NOT to move the machine was made by yourselves... No one else

#2824 5 years ago
Quoted from Retropin:

That's not shipping.. that's transferring to another premises so its not sitting in your factory, and if this is true, then the decision NOT to move the machine was made by yourselves... No one else

Thank you for sticking up fo me, but i must face the truth. it me, by my own actions , that has delayed the building of Thunderbirds and the timely shipping of the game to the long suffering preorder buyers

i unreservedly apologize for my actions

#2825 5 years ago

It ALL stops when the witch turns good, SIMPLE!
But will this happen

#2826 5 years ago
Quoted from mrWol64:

homepin way off base with that guess?

You gotta be kidding me!! Who gives a f**k about his next title when all this shit is going on with his first! WOW!

Deliver the first title, to Australia first, before you pre-order his second...no wonder the majority of pinball people are called pintards! F ME!

#2827 5 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

You gotta be kidding me!! Who gives a f**k about his next title when all this shit is going on with his first! WOW!
Deliver the first title, to Australia first, before you pre-order his second...no wonder the majority of pinball people are called pintards! F ME!

I’d rather not..thx for the offer!! Take a chill pill dude,.. no one died.

#2828 5 years ago
Quoted from mrWol64:

I’d rather not..thx for the offer!! Take a chill pill dude,.. no one died.

I get that you have no care about what's going on here...but better to not rub it in the faces of those IN THIS THREAD, that he has a second machine, that you're interested in, when the guys in Australia haven't even received their first after more than 5yrs.....

How's that..better response for you...put it in a bit more perspective?? Maybe go jump in the TBL and Alien thread next mate!

#2829 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Maybe I"m reading this wrong, but it sounds like you are punishing him for complaining, and saying he ain't getting shit until he keeps quiet and kisses your ass. I've seen this tactic used so many times in my life. A person looking for any excuse not to come through invents one.

Not at all - it's really simple:

Machine is in stock waiting for the buyer to complete his end of the transaction (picture proof shown above)
Buyer needs to tell us how he wants to ship the machine (several options given with varying costs)
Pay the tax and shipping costs
Machine will be dispatched

Please stop reading things into what is a very simple transaction that the buyer is attempting to complicate for no good reason, that I can determine, other than to cause mischief? There is no underlying 'tactic' whatsoever. I just want to get machines to the buyers as quickly as possible and Pete is doing everything in his power to prevent this or to try and force Homepin to ship for free - that was not and is not the deal.

To date, machines shipped have been to pre-order buyers and a few for promotion of the machine to garner future sales. Without future sales we stall and NOBODY gets a machine. Is that what people want?

Nobody but Homepin and those buyers knows who is on the list of buyers so please stop this nonsense about who gets their machine "first".

Simple FACT - decide how to ship, PAY for this method, your game gets shipped. No conspiracy theory, no ducking or weaving, just simple business.

I note the ones commenting negatively seem to have some ongoing wish that Homepin fail - I have no idea why these few seem hell bent on attempting to bring me down but it's a pretty sad state of affairs that they seem to think that their behavior is beyond reproach when they are not in possession of the full facts.

At the end of the day it really isn't anyone's business apart from Homepin, our agents and the buyer. Others chipping in with wild accusations and incorrect and mostly defamatory comments have no business in butting in.

#2830 5 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

I get that you have no care about what's going on here...but better to not rub it in the faces of those IN THIS THREAD, that he has a second machine, that you're interested in, when the guys in Australia haven't even received their first after more than 5yrs.....
How's that..better response for you...put it in a bit more perspective?? Maybe go jump in the TBL and Alien thread next mate!

Not rubbing anything in,.. I am a pre order customer,.. I can’t make these machines arrived any quicker,.. either,.. however facts are facts and this is what Homepin has in the pipe,.. Check the title of this thread maybe,.. then start your own self serving thread if you feel so obliged

#2831 5 years ago

Might i suggest you consider another name?

Is "Highway pinball" for real?

#2832 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Might i suggest you consider another name?
Is "Highway pinball" for real?

Highway Games is a long standing business that pre-dates Heighway Pinball by many years.

#2833 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Highway Games is a long standing business that pre-dates Heighway Pinball by many years.

That's kind of unfortunate for those guys then.

#2834 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Not at all - it's really simple:
Machine is in stock waiting for the buyer to complete his end of the transaction (picture proof shown above)
Buyer needs to tell us how he wants to ship the machine (several options given with varying costs)
Pay the tax and shipping costs
Machine will be dispatched
Please stop reading things into what is a very simple transaction that the buyer is attempting to complicate for no good reason, that I can determine, other than to cause mischief? There is no underlying 'tactic' whatsoever. I just want to get machines to the buyers as quickly as possible and Pete is doing everything in his power to prevent this or to try and force Homepin to ship for free - that was not and is not the deal.
To date, machines shipped have been to pre-order buyers and a few for promotion of the machine to garner future sales. Without future sales we stall and NOBODY gets a machine. Is that what people want?
Nobody but Homepin and those buyers knows who is on the list of buyers so please stop this nonsense about who gets their machine "first".
Simple FACT - decide how to ship, PAY for this method, your game gets shipped. No conspiracy theory, no ducking or weaving, just simple business.
I note the ones commenting negatively seem to have some ongoing wish that Homepin fail - I have no idea why these few seem hell bent on attempting to bring me down but it's a pretty sad state of affairs that they seem to think that their behavior is beyond reproach when they are not in possession of the full facts.
At the end of the day it really isn't anyone's business apart from Homepin, our agents and the buyer. Others chipping in with wild accusations and incorrect and mostly defamatory comments have no business in butting in.

I get what you’re saying, but you gotta realize, when you coduct your business (and express views that ultimately directly reflect the values of your company) on an Internet forum discussion board, you are leaving everything you say up to interpretation and comment by anyone that reads it.

Pretty simple solution: don’t argue customer complaints or tackle direct customer issues on the internet.

#2835 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I get what you’re saying, but you gotta realize, when you coduct your business (and express views that ultimately directly reflect the values of your company) on an Internet forum discussion board, you are leaving everything you say up to interpretation and comment by anyone that reads it.
Pretty simple solution: don’t argue customer complaints or tackle direct customer issues on the internet.

You are 100% correct however this customer has chosen to make all of his dealings public on this (and other) forums and we are simply stating the FULL story rather than parts of the arrangement that he is 'conveniently' omitting from most of his posts. That then incites some others to follow like sheep rather than think that there actually might be another side to what is being said.

Surely it's only fair and reasonable that we are able to put the full story out there to counter obvious bias?

Most buyers are quite happy with the way we are working to get their machines to them in the fastest possible time frame and for the lowest possible cost. One buyer stirring trouble, coupled with another half dozen professional troublemakers, doesn't assist anyone to get their machines faster, it actually has slowed us down.

#2836 5 years ago

as i have said to others, stop blaming the customer
it REALLY pisses them off

#2837 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

You are 100% correct however this customer has chosen to make all of his dealings public on this (and other) forums and we are simply stating the FULL story rather than parts of the arrangement that he is 'conveniently' omitting from most of his posts. That then incites some others to follow like sheep rather than think that there actually might be another side to what is being said.
Surely it's only fair and reasonable that we are able to put the full story out there to counter obvious bias?
Most buyers are quite happy with the way we are working to get their machines to them in the fastest possible time frame and for the lowest possible cost. One buyer stirring trouble, coupled with another half dozen professional troublemakers, doesn't assist anyone to get their machines faster, it actually has slowed us down.

Of course it’s fair that you choose to do that... however I can assure you that Stern and JJP also have customers dropping potentially damaging bombs here, too, and their tactic is to not engage, but to deal with customers through private channels.

Just food for thought

#2838 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Of course it’s fair that you choose to do that... however I can assure you that Stern and JJP also have customers dropping potentially damaging bombs here, too, and their tactic is to not engage, but to deal with customers through private channels.
Just food for thought

Stern and JJP have the luxury of having an established track record which serves as a counterpoint to criticism though.

If I moaned about my personal experience with a NIB Stern pin here - for example - most people would either question my sincerity entirely, or simply write off my experience as "unlucky", because Stern have been around for years and produced several pins, so they must be doing something right...

At this stage as a relatively new and unproven company, with their first pin to market, Homepin are more reliant on word of mouth both to sell their products and reputation.

I've got no real opinion on this fiasco other than being grateful for not being involved at all. I do however think it is unreasonable for people to expect a 120kg (or whatever that is in lbs) pin to be shipped from China to Australia for nothing, or a completely unrealistic figure.

It sounds from the outside looking in that the resolution is rather quite simple - pay the shipping cost, get the pin. That there seems to be an endless desire to rail against this does lend credibility to @homepin's suggestion that there is an agenda at work here.

#2839 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

It sounds from the outside looking in that the resolution is rather quite simple - pay the shipping cost, get the pin. That there seems to be an endless desire to rail against this does lend credibility to homepin's suggestion that there is an agenda at work here.

Personally I am more focused on what the machine will be like when we get them,.. if it is a quality bit of kit, fun to play for the style, and the follow up support is good, then that will be the important bits ticked off. What’s up with the other folks is their axe to grind, though I wouldn’t choose the tactic, myself. This thread is at least vibrant, and I am not surprised by the tone at times,.. Ive seen nasty stuff flying about CGC in the past due to various build issues,.. but that cooled off... and now heaps of folks want an MBr.

#2840 5 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

The designer of Alien had the same guess. :p

#2841 5 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

The designer of Alien had the same guess. :p

Then he had better be careful he doesn’t get the offer and rant I copped,.. how dare very he

#2842 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

No conspiracy theory, no ducking or weaving, just simple business.

Quoted from Homepin:

(2) Your machine would travel in a Homepin container under the following circumstances:
(A) as part of a shipment already traveling to an Australian customer
(B) when we have room for your machine in one of these containers

was this clause (2, 2A, 2B) included in your shipping e-mail?
Was any time frame mentioned (in regards to free shipping) in your shipping e-mail?

#2843 5 years ago

So funny, complaining about Mike, he post a repeat of previous statements, gets upvoted by the witchhunters

Internet warriors

#2844 5 years ago

Mike's talk at UKPinfest -

TAG game play part 1 - https://www.twitch.tv/pinball_live/video/301378856

TAG game play part 2 - https://www.twitch.tv/pinball_live/video/301411256

#2845 5 years ago

Had a quick play at uk pinFest (could not hear any audio due to background noise which is a shame as i'm sure that's a big part of the game) Did not look up at the DMD much so cant comment on that but the game certainly felt fun for the few min i played.

#2846 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

- I have no idea why these few seem hell bent on attempting to bring me down but it's a pretty sad state of affairs that they seem to think that their behavior is beyond reproach when they are not in possession of the full facts.

Let me help you with that...you are kind of a hard guy to like for a lot of people.

Screenshot_20180828-090029_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20180828-090029_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20180828-090854_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20180828-090854_Chrome (resized).jpg
#2847 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Stern and JJP have the luxury of having an established track record which serves as a counterpoint to criticism though.
If I moaned about my personal experience with a NIB Stern pin here - for example - most people would either question my sincerity entirely, or simply write off my experience as "unlucky", because Stern have been around for years and produced several pins, so they must be doing something right...
At this stage as a relatively new and unproven company, with their first pin to market, Homepin are more reliant on word of mouth both to sell their products and reputation.
I've got no real opinion on this fiasco other than being grateful for not being involved at all. I do however think it is unreasonable for people to expect a 120kg (or whatever that is in lbs) pin to be shipped from China to Australia for nothing, or a completely unrealistic figure.
It sounds from the outside looking in that the resolution is rather quite simple - pay the shipping cost, get the pin. That there seems to be an endless desire to rail against this does lend credibility to homepin's suggestion that there is an agenda at work here.

with all due respect, have you been reading some of the highly questionable personal opinions being espoused by homepin and the method of customer responses the company has slapped onto the internet?

If the company is truly reliant on word of mouth and opinion, then they need to silence and let the delivery of games speak for themselves or radically change their approach to dealing with forum issues. Because from my perspective they are reading from the wrong playbook.

See the post above... perfect example

#2848 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Let me help you with that...you are kind of a hard guy to like for a lot of people.

its true lol ... but posting screenshots from an entirely unrelated dummy spit that happened before it appears you were even on pinside doesnt really support your point that small minded people with a grudge agenda arent the issue.

#2849 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Let me help you with that..

Get a life!

#2850 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

with <many wise words snipped but acknowledged>.. perfect example

this is pretty much true and wise. indeed from what I have seen the changes are well underway.

Sadly certain people keep dragging up the past instead and trying to make as much misery as possible instead of supporting the change and growth of a company that had some problems and made some mistakes but is now working hard to improve.

these people ( in many cases not even customers) are really doing more harm than good with their trolling as well.

There are 4,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 91.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepin-official-thread-pinball-parts-machine-progress/page/57?hl=ericc123 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.