Untitled (resized).png
hplockbar (resized).jpg
hpbuttons (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20200808_121939 (resized).jpg
16178194 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 91.
#2752 5 years ago

Just as i posted a few days ago
looks like they need to chase new money
Australian games won't come before November/December

#2753 5 years ago

That’s just sucks Pete. They should hang their heads in shame. Just not good enough.

#2754 5 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

Just as i posted a few days ago
looks like they need to chase new money
Australian games won't come before November/December

Another pinball Ponzi scheme. It works until your sales slow down. Which will probably be relatively soon with this title.

#2755 5 years ago

I hear many will be confronting him at Pinfest

#2756 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

I hear many will be confronting him at Pinfest.

consider hiring a stunt double for public appearances.

stuntdouble01 (resized).jpgstuntdouble01 (resized).jpg
#2757 5 years ago

Is it really TBAG?

Reminds me of what we did to the dead bodies on cod3

#2758 5 years ago

It's TAG but some people like to call it TBAG just to piss off Mike :/

#2759 5 years ago

I have no doubt about that.

#2760 5 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

consider hiring a stunt double for public appearances.[quoted image]

#2761 5 years ago

The game reminds me of those weird Spanish DMD games Pacak brings to Expo.

As for confronting him, will it be Skit-B style where someone takes a photo of his back and runs away?

#2762 5 years ago

It stinks that people are being passed over... but anyone that preorders must know at this point (unless they’ve been living under a rock) that there’s widely known precident for these preorder manufacturers to beg, borrow, and steal to keep business moving forward. Is anyone really shocked that first shipments don’t align with what was promised? Frankly, just getting production games off the line is a minor miracle...

#2763 5 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

The game reminds me of those weird Spanish DMD games Pacak brings to Expo.

Jolly park & world of jules verne both by spinball I think... I actually like both of those but Pacak's are always in such pitiful condition they are almost unplayable

#2764 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

It stinks that people are being passed over... but anyone that preorders must know at this point (unless they’ve been living under a rock) that there’s widely known precident for these preorder manufacturers to beg, borrow, and steal to keep business moving forward. Is anyone really shocked that first shipments don’t align with what was promised? Frankly, just getting production games off the line is a minor miracle...

yes, I have been there before (JJP)
but even as late as last week, Mike was saying that those who pay first will get their games first
I paid, in full, five years ago.
his distributor in Canada will have games for sale to the public soon

#2765 5 years ago

IF he decides to show up . My money's on a last minute "I'm too busy here at the factory to leave" excuse .

One things for sure anyway . It'll be the last Pinfest that he's commercially invited to .

#2766 5 years ago
Quoted from MIL:

IF he decides to show up . My money's on a last minute "I'm too busy here at the factory to leave" excuse .
One things for sure anyway . It'll be the last Pinfest that he's commercially invited to .

he will be there, rumour has it that his next two games will be unveiled
if true, I'd say he will be collecting deposits

#2767 5 years ago

Well, I've given TAG a good play at the Daventry show and you know what? It's pretty good fun. Definitely an acquired taste; there's nothing else like it on the market today and the closest companies in terms of playfield design would be Alvin G or Technoplay. It's not complex, but neither is it as simple and basic as it appears either, and it left a good first impression for being immediate to get to grips with and leaving you with little difficulty in knowing what to shoot for. Honestly, as far as first play on the machine goes, I liked TAG more than either Houdini or JJP Pirates, though it's definitely rougher around the edges with more of a 'first draft'-ness about it, not unlike how Full Throttle had for some people.

Pros: Good casual or family game. Unique layout. No handholding required. Plenty of simple objectives to achieve, definitely more to it than Jetsons. Fun ramps and makeable shots. Despite not being a flow game, it's a decent one to play by instinct.

Flaws: Not for you if you like conventional flow as none of the shots really lead anywhere that way. Cheesy art makes it look cheaper than it should do. Audio quality is rough, at least under Show conditions, Long-term play is uncertain and nobody is pretending the game is deep. Flipper buttons feel spongy. Still not a fan of the pops close to the guide wall. Airballs a lot.

#2768 5 years ago

yes, I have been there before (JJP)
but even as late as last week, Mike was saying that those who pay first will get their games first
I paid, in full, five years ago.
his distributor in Canada will have games for sale to the public soon

I guess that’s the whole point... the only time you really know you’ll get what’s promised, is when a game is in a box and stocked at a warehouse.

Otherwise, you’re gambling on the hope that you’ll get what’s promised when it’s promised. Exhibit A: look at what Skit-B was saying even after the ball had dropped.

#2769 5 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

Well, I've given TAG a good play at the Daventry show and you know what? It's pretty good fun. Definitely an acquired taste; there's nothing else like it on the market today and the closest companies in terms of playfield design would be Alvin G or Technoplay. It's not complex, but neither is it as simple and basic as it appears either, and it left a good first impression for being immediate to get to grips with and leaving you with little difficulty in knowing what to shoot for. Honestly, as far as first play on the machine goes, I liked TAG more than either Houdini or JJP Pirates, though it's definitely rougher around the edges with more of a 'first draft'-ness about it, not unlike how Full Throttle had for some people.
Pros: Good casual or family game. Unique layout. No handholding required. Plenty of simple objectives to achieve, definitely more to it than Jetsons. Fun ramps and makeable shots. Despite not being a flow game, it's a decent one to play by instinct.
Flaws: Not for you if you like conventional flow as none of the shots really lead anywhere that way. Cheesy art makes it look cheaper than it should do. Audio quality is rough, at least under Show conditions, Long-term play is uncertain and nobody is pretending the game is deep. Flipper buttons feel spongy. Still not a fan of the pops close to the guide wall. Airballs a lot.

Thanks for an honest appraisal. You at least outlined your likes and dislikes and i don't get the impression you are a hater or have some kind of vested interest in the project.

#2771 5 years ago

If I can separate the game from all the controversy which has gone with it for a minute:

After watching the stream, I think the game looks pretty good for the price point. The tweaks they have made seen to have improved gameplay. There is a lot going on in this game physically and mechanically and the rules and gameplay look simple and fun. I think they will sell a reasonable number at US$5000. If they can make a few simple changes going forward, future games could be very successful. In order of importance:

1. Clear up any issues with all existing pre-orders and dispense with the pre-order model.
2. Allow Highway Games (their distributor) to be an intermediary with customers/the general public, with all communications going through Highway aside from factory updates on Facebook/Youtube with comments disabled.
3. Hire an experienced/good playfield designer to ensure that all the shots in future games are solid.
4. Modify the board set to allow for USB updates to software.
5. Adopt an LCD display with simple graphics similar to Team Pinball's approach.

If they can make solid, simple and relatively inexpensive games I think they could be a really good choice for operators and families wanting a simple machine for the gameroom.

#2772 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I guess that’s the whole point... the only time you really know you’ll get what’s promised, is when a game is in a box and stocked at a warehouse.

And i have been told that my game is in a box sitting in a warehouse in China
but there is currently no delivery set up for Australia

#2773 5 years ago

I was a big fan of the show when it first aired. Had the lunch box and the thermos (glass of course).(Wow that shows my age lol).

Also a big fan of Fireball xl5!

So I'm really tickled to see this get off the ground so that others can enjoy what I have enjoyed.

Now if they can do Fireball xl5 I would have to buy both games to have a set

Well done Homepin !

#2774 5 years ago

Patience is a virtue.

Like you I paid full to Jersey Jack pinball for my Wizard of Oz.

4 years later I actually forgot that I had paid for it when Jen called and said my game was going to be shipped. I laughed out loud. The last time I even thought about it a couple years earlier I was fairly certain I just lost my money on some crazy startup scheme.

But now here we are and Thunderbirds is being delivered.

Good bad or ugly you will get your game.

#2775 5 years ago

The orange DMD, while obviously looking dated, didn't bother me in the slightest on this game; I seldom had to look up at it. Everything you need to know is there on the playfield in some form. But even deep games like AC/DC and TWD have managed perfectly well with a DMD as they knew how to prioritise what goes on it, and let the basic rule of 'if it flashes, shoot it ASAP' fill in any blanks. Getting to grips with the newest LCD-equipped games, this is art that frequently is being ignored or lost to the detriment of the game to the point that I'm surprised just how well Alien actually does balance things in comparison, sometimes. I may after the show write up a new thread of dos and don'ts of what I've learned about LCD integration that should honestly be self-explanatory to anyone with DMD experience.

#2776 5 years ago

The orange DMD, while obviously looking dated, didn't bother me in the slightest on this game; I seldom had to look up at it. Everything you need to know is there on the playfield in some form. But even deep games like AC/DC and TWD have managed perfectly well with a DMD as they knew how to prioritise what goes on it, and let the basic rule of 'if it flashes, shoot it ASAP' fill in any blanks. Getting to grips with the newest LCD-equipped games, this is art that frequently is being ignored or lost to the detriment of the game to the point that I'm surprised just how well Alien actually does balance things in comparison, sometimes. I may after the show write up a new thread of dos and don'ts of what I've learned about LCD integration that should honestly be self-explanatory to anyone with DMD experience.

AC/DC and TWD absolutely pop with a color DMD. Totally makes a huge difference. Orange DMD is old.

#2777 5 years ago

Love the theme and a huge fan of the show as a kid looking forward to playing one when one turns up on site in Melbourne Australia.

#2778 5 years ago

Your distributor has told you that?

#2779 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Your distributor has told you that?

i have been told that my game has been built and is sitting in storage
i have been told that unless i want to pay $1800 and get 8t airfreighted, then that is where it will sit until a container is ready to go to Australia, maybe November

#2780 5 years ago

i have been told that my game has been built and is sitting in storage
i have been told that unless i want to pay $1800 and get 8t airfreighted, then that is where it will sit until a container is ready to go to Australia, maybe November

Sorry, brother. That stinks!

#2781 5 years ago

Is that the free deal, or Highway's deal? Or maybe they are the same thing?

#2782 5 years ago

it seems Mike has passed all distribution over to Highway, but they said last week that they have no current plans on bringing over a container

#2783 5 years ago

Homepin, a 100% Australian Owned & Operated Company.
This is copied from the Homepin web site.

But looks like Australians who like Pete were the first to pre order 5 years ago will be the last in the world to get they're machines.
WTF?

#2784 5 years ago
Quoted from HIPPO:

But looks like Australians who like Pete were the first to pre order 5 years ago will be the last in the world to get they're machines.
WTF?

No good deed goes unpunished...

#2785 5 years ago
Quoted from HIPPO:

WTF?

designed by an American
art from Europe
built in China

#2786 5 years ago

designed by an American
art from Europe
built in China

Australia becoming more Americanized everyday it's so sad...

#2787 5 years ago

Some people have no shame i guess, i do admire Mike for getting the job done but.
It's also important how you get there!

In business i prefer to treat people how i myself would like to be treated.

#2788 5 years ago
Quoted from HIPPO:

In business i prefer to treat people how i myself would like to be treated.

I do too.

However people mostly steal, lie, cheat and crap all over everything in response.

This is not isolated to the few. But the majority.

Sorry.

But still I try to be the. Better person.

I haven't seen it pay yet in 45 years of business.

#2789 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I do too.
However people mostly steal, lie, cheat and crap all over everything in response.
This is not isolated to the few. But the majority.
Sorry.
But still I try to be the. Better person.
I haven't seen it pay yet in 45 years of business.

I know what you mean,but in 25 years i've only got stung by a handful.
The ones that get me also get the Karma..

#2790 5 years ago
Quoted from HIPPO:

I know what you mean,but in 25 years i've only got stung by a handful.
The ones that get me also get the Karma..

It's been the complete polar opposite for me but then again I imagine it's based upon one's location and Society at Large.

#2791 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Australia becoming more Americanized everyday it's so sad...

Oohhh we are way ahead of you we sell.all our resources to China and then buy them back in a finished product we have leased the port of Darwin our northern most port the most milatary strategic in this country to the Chinese on a 99 yr lease let's see you Americans do anything that stupid

#2792 5 years ago

I thought the main market was supposed to be Australia? It's pretty sad if Mike can't even get 30 or 40 Aussies to buy his game to fill up a container.

#2793 5 years ago
Quoted from john17a:

lease let's see you Americans do anything that stupid

Give us time I think we can beat that

#2794 5 years ago
Quoted from john17a:

Oohhh we are way ahead of you we sell.all our resources to China and then buy them back in a finished product we have leased the port of Darwin our northern most port the most milatary strategic in this country to the Chinese on a 99 yr lease let's see you Americans do anything that stupid

As a longshoremen, I can tell you that's exactly what we do. All of our scrap metal is shipped to China, processed into giant rolls of steel and aluminum, then shipped back. The port of LA/LB which is massive, leases its docks to many Foreign shipping companies and only one or two American companies. Not only that, our country subsidized a Japanese company (gave $2 billion) and Chinese company($1 billion) to upgrade their operations to full automation, thus resulting in the loss of hundreds of good paying American jobs.

#2795 5 years ago

Well, you pre-order-guys are just unbelievable. You are actually getting ur machine, most burnt there money with previous preorders.
Sure, no exclusive topper, someone in another country could get it before you, blablabla.

With this attitude, you deserve to be pre-order-scammed and lose ur money tbh.

YOU ARE ACTUALLY GETTING A REAL MACHINE!

#2796 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I thought the main market was supposed to be Australia? It's pretty sad if Mike can't even get 30 or 40 Aussies to buy his game to fill up a container.

this above hasnt been an issue.. thing is australia isnt "one place"

translated places but equivalent distances.. lets say someone in China sold 35 machines...
10 in san diego, 10 in reno, 2 in tucson, 3 in las vegas and 10 in portland.
No one was willing to pay "extra".

Where would you send the container?

#2797 5 years ago

My port. Then sent by rail or truck to each city.

#2798 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

My port. Then sent by rail or truck to each city.

what would it cost you to truck a game 500-600 miles?

#2799 5 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

what would it cost you to truck a game 500-600 miles?

Depends on quantity. Maybe $250-$300 each

#2800 5 years ago

Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practise to deceive..........

This situation sounds wrecked.
Wonder how long’s left on the ITV license.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 20.90
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Haus
Unisex
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 91.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepin-official-thread-pinball-parts-machine-progress/page/56?hl=alby and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.