Untitled (resized).png
hplockbar (resized).jpg
hpbuttons (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20200808_121939 (resized).jpg
16178194 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 91.
#2701 5 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

nobody askec for free freight
at $1800 only a fool would airfreight a game
Mike has said it costs $3800 to land a container
$3800 ÷ 21 games is less than $200 per machine
id pay $200 to put this fiasco behind me

Are there 21 Australia based customers waiting though? 21 customers who have chosen free shipping too?

You paying $200 only works if the other 20 customers agree to as well, to pay for the container to be transported. Until that 21st person pays their contribution it's not going anywhere.

#2702 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Are there 21 Australia based customers waiting though? 21 customers who have chosen free shipping too?
You paying $200 only works if the other 20 customers agree to as well, to pay for the container to be transported. Until that 21st person pays their contribution it's not going anywhere.

I'm offering solutions
Wayne offered a solution
Mike and Highway type alot of words but only offer more waiting

#2703 5 years ago

Is Mike offering refunds for you pre-order guys? Is that even an option?

#2704 5 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Is Mike offering refunds for you pre-order guys? Is that even an option?

nope
i asked for a refund 6 months ago, was told the cutoff date for refunds was in 2014

#2705 5 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Dont think much of your latest ultimatum on AA.
Either everyone signs up with you to ship or nobody gets their games.
Yer good one.

Again, we are not sure where you are getting your information. But please review;

- Highway ships around 1 container each month from Shenzhen/Guangzhou to Australia, and various LCL shipments when urgent. We are not holding your machine waiting to get everyone's orders together. It does not make sense to ship 1x container for all Homepin customers to Melbourne (or Sydney) when you then need to trans-ship the goods to Perth, Brisbane, etc...We have written to you explaining that we need to wait to see everyone's response (whether they handle their own freight, use our forwarder, etc...) so that we can calculate best options

- we are consolidating everyone's orders for best fit arrangement (whether we arrange as full container, LCL, or co-load with Highway goods)

- Highway does not have machines (whether its your order or others), once Homepin releases machines we can ship "best fit"

- you can arrange your own shipment (ship anyway you like)

We have offered to help coordinate the orders. Please do not write that we have hijacked anything on this project because its not true. Welcomed to work directly with Homepin to have your machine released to your designated agent/forwarder.

#2706 5 years ago
Quoted from highwaygames:

that is not true
some of us wanted to our games to ship with Wayne
we have been told by Mike that it is either Highway, or not at all

I am also tired of being slapped in the face
Mike constantly says that first to pay are the people first to get their games
another lie
I paid, in full, five years ago
before any distributors were involved
yet now I have to wait and others will receive their games before me

#2707 5 years ago

Again, we are not sure where you are getting your information.

I'm getting that information from your post yesterday...

"We will wait until everyone responds with their shipping updates and will then reach out to everyone with best options. We are not about to give you an on the spot freight/etc calculation until we receive everyone's feedback on how they want their cargo handled."

- Highway does not have machines (whether its your order or others), once Homepin releases machines we can ship "best fit"

Homepin doesn't have them either.
There not even built yet and won't be built until we pay Highway for shipping.
They are to be built on a "just in time" production model...

"As Highway confirm arrangements with the owners of ordered machines, we will build them and use local transport to get them to the Highway facility where they will be consolidated for shipment."

Incorrect.
If we do not wish to use Highway for shipping, it will not be shipped.

#2708 5 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Incorrect.
If we do not wish to use Highway for shipping, it will not be shipped.

selectively quoting the bits that suit you so you can run mr highway in circles when hes trying to help you wont have the effect you're hoping for mark. keep it up and im betting he's going to retract his offer and leave you back at square one.

from the same homepin email
"All other freight offers still stand but we don’t currently have containers with available space going to many Australian destinations in the foreseeable future so we can’t currently offer ‘free freight’ in what would be considered a timely manner."

you can wait for a homepin container ( no idea how long but i dont recommend it, you can wrangle your own shipping, or you can thank the nice chap for his offer and take it up. You just have to tell highway what you want to do.

if you advise mr highway you'll be making your own way there in a hot air balloon to pick it up, so be it. but arguing with him and wasting his time when hes essentially trying to work with you to do you a favour just doesnt seem like a plan to me?

#2709 5 years ago

Toads, it is OK
as i said last week, Mike is chasing new money
imho, we will see containers geing unloaded in Europe before any of the Aussie distributors get one

#2710 5 years ago

Confused anyone?

What a web of deceit this has become.. just when you thought things couldn't possibly get worse!

#2711 5 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

selectively quoting the bits that suit you so you can run mr highway in circles when hes trying to help you wont have the effect you're hoping for mark. keep it up and im betting he's going to retract his offer and leave you back at square one.
from the same homepin email
"All other freight offers still stand but we don’t currently have containers with available space going to many Australian destinations in the foreseeable future so we can’t currently offer ‘free freight’ in what would be considered a timely manner."
you can wait for a homepin container ( no idea how long but i dont recommend it, you can wrangle your own shipping, or you can thank the nice chap for his offer and take it up. You just have to tell highway what you want to do.
if you advise mr highway you'll be making your own way there in a hot air balloon to pick it up, so be it. but arguing with him and wasting his time when hes essentially trying to work with you to do you a favour just doesnt seem like a plan to me?

Exactly.

Options are available. Getting the pin to your doorstep at zero cost was never a feasible option. The "free shipping" meant hitching a lift in a container that other people were paying to move. If those other customers didn't exist, or didn't want to pay for shipping themselves, then the outcome is that the container goes nowhere and the people who thought free shipping meant "expedited shipping to my doorstep, for free, even though someone has to ultimately pay for it" lose out.

Homepin and co didn't stress what "free shipping" actually meant, or those who jumped at it failed to understand it could mean waiting weeks or months. As said before they probably should never have given it as an option because even if it was well meaning the result is that there are people who will choose free shipping but expect expedited shipping, before anyone else gets one.

I get the sense that there isn't much desire to actually work with anyone to reach an amicable solution? It seems as if people would rather moan about it on here instead, for some reason?

As I can see it there are some options for Australian customers to get their pins, if they still want them, including a free option if you're prepared to wait an indefinite period of time, and pay for the last leg of the journey - as would be expected with any "hitch a lift" transport of anything. It is a much better situation than people who went all in on Heighway ended up in.

It begs the question - what more do you expect highwaygames and Homepin to do exactly? Swallow the cost of container and door-to-door shipping?

#2712 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

It begs the question - what more do you expect highwaygames and homepin to do exactly? Swallow the cost of container and door-to-door shipping?

I'm guessing you missed this post?

Quoted from Ballypinball:

Pete get everyone together and I will get them all picked up and shipped to Melbourne for free, only the GST aka tax will be due
WHY because I am sick of all the Warts on the industry.

It's all very strange and confusing regarding the shipping but I think we can all agree on two things.

1.Why do pre order customers from 4+ years ago get abused and belittled when posting on this forum? This abuse from Homepin directly, now that's bloody strange! Thanks for supporting me, have a kick in the nuts!

2. Wayne is a good bastard

#2714 5 years ago

Update!

So Mike won't let me ship the games for free to help out his customers, as I am Mr Shonky in his words, and they can only be released to Highway.

So if one customer gets authority from all the other customers to ship on their behalf, then no problem that person can work directly with my freight forwarder to get all pre order customers their games shipped to one pre order customer in a full container.

All my involvement is they can bill the freight content to my account.

If this option is not suitable it is then clear the games are not even built yet and are not sitting in a warehouse as stated.

You have 2 weeks the clock is ticking and ITV the Licensor is watching your actions.

#2715 5 years ago
Quoted from Grg:

I'm guessing you missed this post?

It's all very strange and confusing regarding the shipping but I think we can all agree on two things.
1.Why do pre order customers from 4+ years ago get abused and belittled when posting on this forum? This abuse from Homepin directly, now that's bloody strange! Thanks for supporting me, have a kick in the nuts!
2. Wayne is a good bastard

I didn't miss it, but Homepin and highwaygames have a contractual relationship. Ballypinball offering to move stuff for free is admirable, but who is responsible if/when things go wrong, or turn up damaged, or not at all? Is he going to front the repair or replacement cost if pins or parts get damaged in transit? Homepin releases a pin you've paid for to a third party not under contract to them, to do so as they see fit according to their own whims. Can you not see the problems with that?

I'm not for a moment suggesting that Ballypinball isn't trustworthy - I'm just pointing out the practicalities of a business to business contractual relationship between supplier and distributor, providing a product with a warranty etc. A third party getting involved in that to smooth things over sounds brilliant, and it could work out perfectly with no issues, but what if it doesn't? Who is responsible then? Should Homepin have to provide a warranty for the pin when it's been transported by someone they don't know from Adam, and have no contractual relationship with?

#2716 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

A third party getting involved in that to smooth things over sounds brilliant, and it could work out perfectly with no issues, but what if it doesn't? Who is responsible then?

yep and when the third party is a disgruntled ex business partner of homepin it complicates things further.

#2717 5 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

yep and when the third party is a disgruntled ex business partner of homepin it complicates things further.

Sorry Doug, I'm not disgruntled or an ex business partner

Your his best mate, get people their games, Simple Isn't it?

Stop shipping to everywhere else first for fresh money and get patient hard working Aussies the games they have paid for first.

Or admit he can't supply the games and refund peoples money

He would be praised and held with high respect of a man of his word.

Same applies to you Doug, Get the games ready to ship and you can deal directly with my freight forwarder and I will pay for the container

The games would go to you not me, I ask are you a responsible enough person for mike to trust.

Does that offer sound it's from someone disgruntled prepared to pay to get people games they paid for already delivered.

#2718 5 years ago

Sorry Doug, I'm not disgruntled or an ex business partner

to clarify ... this refers to your previous homepin "reseller" status and the fact you currently appear rather unhappy

#2719 5 years ago

oh that reminds me... while I dont normally post anything "personal" or reply to childish crap i have to send a shoutout to the peanut gallery calling me "mini mike" hahahha lol i laughed for days. thanks for the chuckle it was a ripper

Although it really was a classic moment im 17 stone lol... I seriously doubt i could be classed as "mini" anything.

Then again I've never met mike and I assume others have so maybe hes even bigger?

#2720 5 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

to clarify ... this refers to your previous homepin "reseller" status and the fact you currently appear rather unhappy

Why would I be unhappy, if I decided to pull the pin on selling his products, I don't need to sell his products, I have several companies we Distribute games for and manufacture without all the negativity surrounding them.

Maybe you should get those scissors out and cut those puppet strings, if you are not prepared to acknowledge there is a problem with his actions, I am sorry but there is no hope for you either.

Ps anyone found the Ce and ul and rohs status on this game?

#2721 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Thunderbirds is more a “Jetsons” sort of game, play wise. Nothing more, nothing less. A good game for a family or beginners, the same market that Jetsons was designed for by The Pinball Company.

Translation: it’s a flaming turd

#2722 5 years ago

As someone who sells 50 of Mikes Hankin Tables a year, and was supportive in both advice and information.
A simple request to attend Flipout 2018 in Melbourne Australia, and received the Melbourne is a wart on the industry that just won't Heal? Response!
He had called me when he was drunk many times telling me he was broke and nobody was buying his game and couldn't afford to build the games without more money, even used up all the money from his wife's life insurance policy.
Then the magical investor comes to the rescue in the image of Highway Games, there are many other resellers of his pinball who have also been shafted by games being shipped with new money.
Last time I checked my business turns over 10 million a year and have more than 3mil in cash in my bank, so if you want to compare assets Mike, happy to do so.
Pete get everyone together and I will get them all picked up and shipped to Melbourne for free, only the GST aka tax will be due
WHY because I am sick of all the Warts on the industry.

wow

#2723 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Translation: it’s a flaming turd[quoted image]

now now any pinball is a good pinball regardless of the manufacturer

someone's Turd is someone else's lollypop

#2724 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Way to project, hypocrite. No one is a bigger “snowflake” than you - anyone says anything critical of you: YOU MELT!!!!
It’s fascinating that you think everyone that’s nice is acting. A man so angry to the core like you can’t imagine someone actually just BEING nice. What a sad existence.
The fact that there’s such drama with this game is no surprise. The one thing that shocks me is that ANYONE bought a TBAG.

Rarehero Greg - spot on. There are so many red flags with this head scratching anti-customer behavior, it's like Heighway, Dutch, and Zid got together and had a nightmarish love child. I wouldn't let my $5K touch this shit show with a ten foot pole. If this is the kind of crap this guy is willing to dish on a very visible worldwide billboard, imagine what it would be like trying to deal with him as a paying customer in non-public communication. Too many other NIB options from companies run by folks that value mature, bussiness-like, and genuinely friendly communication.

#2725 5 years ago

I have more important issues to deal with

#2726 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Translation: it’s a flaming turd

Haha, best review EVER!

#2727 5 years ago

I have more important issues to deal with

WTF!!! Is that real???

#2728 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

WTF!!! Is that real???

yup, i can only count to 18 now

#2729 5 years ago

yup, i can only count to 18 now

Holy crap! Not sure I should even ask.......

#2730 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Holy crap! Not sure I should even ask.......

that nothing, you should see the pictures of my leg

#2731 5 years ago
B3FA0891-4A02-40AF-A387-34225D0B8F22-6642-00000B1293BB0F37.pngB3FA0891-4A02-40AF-A387-34225D0B8F22-6642-00000B1293BB0F37.png
#2732 5 years ago
Quoted from swillie:

[quoted image]

Whoa, man!

diabeetus (resized).jpgdiabeetus (resized).jpg
#2733 5 years ago

Looks like its Highway or the highway....

#2734 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

WTF!!! Is that real???

Ted's got a new idea for a horror film!

Pete, I hope you get to feelin' better man. That looks like some serious stuff.

#2735 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Ted's got a new idea for a horror film!
Pete, I hope you get to feelin' better man. That looks like some serious stuff.

I got the soundtrack

#2737 5 years ago

Homepins’s new marketing slogan:

It may not be very big around, but at least it’s short.

#2738 5 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

oh that reminds me... while I dont normally post anything "personal" or reply to childish crap i have to send a shoutout to the peanut gallery calling me "mini mike" hahahha lol i laughed for days. thanks for the chuckle it was a ripper
Although it really was a classic moment im 17 stone lol... I seriously doubt i could be classed as "mini" anything.
Then again I've never met mike and I assume others have so maybe hes even bigger?

Mini Mike.

#2739 5 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Whoa, man!
[quoted image]

So I googled Wilfred Brimley, who has been old for over 40 years. I Remembered him as an old man in a retirement home waiting to die in the movie cocoon. Turns out that he was only 49 when he filmed that movie. Not much older than I am today. Diabeetus will mess you up.

#2740 5 years ago

that nothing, you should see the pictures of my leg

Wow pete what happened?

#2742 5 years ago

Wow! That's some place! Where is it. T-Birds looks pretty cool! Can't wait to play!

#2743 5 years ago

What a beautiful, fun game!

I think it's going to be a big hit worldwide.

Go Homepin!

I hope you Aussies get your shipping sorted out soon.

#2744 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

What a beautiful, fun game!

Have you played it? Have any games been delivered to the States yet?

#2745 5 years ago

Really like the sound package from that short clip. Impressed

#2746 5 years ago

I gotta say, that multiball start is pretty cool.

#2747 5 years ago

Where did the headbox el lighting go. Was it removed on production games or am I just not seeing it.

#2748 5 years ago

I have never been into the bash Homepin mentality, however with a lot of pre orders coming from Australia I must admit my disappointment is building.
I see the video posted above as the " Fu*k you Aussie supporters that helped me get my business off the ground. I have shit to sell elsewhere. And I won't tell you how much to ship your machines, or when it will be ready because you aren't important to me" video. But, then again, I Could be wrong as I don't speak German.

#2749 5 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

I gotta say, that multiball start is pretty cool.

It seemed out of sync??? Or was that just a video issue??

Honestly...the game play and especially m/ball seemed very meh! The whole game seems to lack a wow factor?? Maybe the countdown to m/ball is THE wow factor but nothing on the pf'd seems to have it or in the game play??

They guy didn't even seem to hit the ramps at any stage and the only mech is an up/down ramp.

I'm not interested in this game purely based off game play. Mike certainly has issues and while that may slightly put me in a negative frame while watching game play like this..the game really does seem to be lacking on all fronts.

There is no excitement in the game, no wow type call outs of the more modern games...artwork is still very blah. The backglass is the best thing out of the whole game.

Disappointing.

#2750 5 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

It seemed out of sync??? Or was that just a video issue??
Honestly...the game play and especially m/ball seemed very meh! The whole game seems to lack a wow factor?? Maybe the countdown to m/ball is THE wow factor but nothing on the pf'd seems to have it or in the game play??
They guy didn't even seem to hit the ramps at any stage and the only mech is an up/down ramp.
I'm not interested in this game purely based off game play. Mike certainly has issues and while that may slightly put me in a negative frame while watching game play like this..the game really does seem to be lacking on all fronts.
There is no excitement in the game, no wow type call outs of the more modern games...artwork is still very blah. The backglass is the best thing out of the whole game.
Disappointing.

Pretty much what I thought when I played it at Pincade this year. Wasn’t really bad but wasn’t good either.

There are 4,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 91.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepin-official-thread-pinball-parts-machine-progress/page/55?hl=davijc02 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.