Untitled (resized).png
hplockbar (resized).jpg
hpbuttons (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20200808_121939 (resized).jpg
16178194 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 91.
#2651 5 years ago

Pete

Get everyone together I have a 20ft leaving in a week , I can change to a 40ft, won't cost much extra

#2652 5 years ago

thank you for the offer
i only know of 4 other people rrom victoria who have ordered a game
so i am not sure if it is worth your time

#2653 5 years ago

If it was me, I would be getting your game out of there

#2654 5 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

thank you for the offer
i only know of 4 other people rrom victoria who have ordered a game
so i am not sure if it is worth your time

I’m in Sydney but can pick up from Melbourne, I only know of 2 other people in Sydney who pre ordered. Mike should be able to advise if there is enough to fill balance of container.

#2655 5 years ago

Push comes to shove i doubt the games will be ready to ship

#2656 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

Every one posting here is a customer or a potential customer posting in the Homepin thread. This is exactly where all of this should be discussed and helps people decide if they want to buy a horse for the race or not. I don’t understand why Mike doesn’t get that or at least act nice in front of potential customers.

Very simple - acting "nice" is just BS and if people are conned by that then more fool them! I tell it how it is and that might upset the snowflakes - tough!

I am doing everything possible to help the (very few) pre-buyers. They inputted about $50K and I put in 5 years of my life and $3M - I think I have the bigger share of say!

I am offering them MORE than was originally agreed and they are crying like little children.

I have busted my balls more than anyone could ever imagine to make this project happen and I won't allow "wannabe" trolls to pull me down, and this place has more than its fair share of them.

Don't like me, fine, go and try doing it yourself or just keep buying Stern. Problem solved BUT get off my back when you have no connection to me or my business.

Way you go - downvote this post - see if I give a F..................

#2657 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Push comes to shove i doubt the games will be ready to ship

Wayne, they are built and in stock which is more than I can say for your MM efforts.

#2658 5 years ago

Pete
Get everyone together I have a 20ft leaving in a week , I can change to a 40ft, won't cost much extra

Wayne you are full of it. A 40' costs exactly double what a 20' costs from my broker but if you want to subsidise my customers please go for it.

#2659 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Don't like me, fine, go and try doing it yourself or just keep buying Stern. Problem solved BUT get off my back when you have no connection to me or my business.

Reminds me a little of a doctor with a gruff bedside manner. Mike may lose a few sales due to the way he presents himself, but...

If the game is good, it will sell.

If it isn't good it won't sell. Doesn't matter how nice he is.

#2660 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Very simple - acting "nice" is just BS and if people are conned by that then more fool them! I tell it how it is and that might upset the snowflakes - tough!
I am doing everything possible to help the (very few) pre-buyers. They inputted about $50K and I put in 5 years of my life and $3M - I think I have the bigger share of say!
I am offering them MORE than was originally agreed and they are crying like little children.
I have busted my balls more than anyone could ever imagine to make this project happen and I won't allow "wannabe" trolls to pull me down, and this place has more than its fair share of them.

I’m starting to come around to accepting and liking the fact that Mike is just a dick and he embraces it and just doesn’t give a F

Really dumb or not gotta respect 5 yrs and $3 mill

Is the game any good or is it a POS?

#2661 5 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Just get them their games Mike and this all goes away.

I agree! Mike just ship them already. This is not good PR even if you're legally right.

#2662 5 years ago

One way to look at it is if Mike is already in the hole 3mil and there are only 10 pre-orders to deal with, even if he paid $1000 each to ship to their door, it's a drop in the bucket at this point.

If you look at the big picture, maybe it's better to take a small loss to take care of your earliest supporters and generate goodwill.

#2663 5 years ago

why not a simple shipping option?
21 games fit in a 20ft container
wayne has quoted $900 to ship a container, lets be generous and make it $3000
plus $1200 for import duties and paper work
that makes $4200
divided by 21, is only $200 per game (plus $600 GST which we pay with any option)

simples

#2664 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Wow Mike you really know how to show respect for people that supported you, we only want our pins but you keep belittling us. Stop your BS and ship our games.
You want honesty when you have not been straight up with people so many times in the past. So keep having a go at us and I will happily post everything from day one to now. People would then have a better understanding of why pre ordered customers are pissed.

FYI Spooky treat their customers with respect, no BS. Works for them pity you don’t see/ care how you come across.

#2665 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

lets see now, who is the snowflake that has abandoned Australian Forums and threatens to do the same at pinside?

not my problem how much of your money you have spent, you offered a pinball machine, I paid in full, after almost 5 years and i still do not have my game

what MORE are you offering? more abuse? more condescending attitude?

#2666 5 years ago

"I am doing everything possible to help the (very few) pre-buyers. They inputted about $50K and I put in 5 years of my life and $3M - I think I have the bigger share of say!"

What a bizarre statement to make.

#2667 5 years ago
Quoted from Retropin:

"I am doing everything possible to help the (very few) pre-buyers. They inputted about $50K and I put in 5 years of my life and $3M - I think I have the bigger share of say!"
What a bizarre statement to make.

how many years did it take for you to learn how to bend neon tubing?
and then telling me I need a 'Strippers' sign rather than 'Hot Pies'

#2668 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

or just keep buying Stern.

Thanks! Seems like a great idea, based on how you treat your customers.

#2669 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

But you should want me and everyone in this thread to have a connection to you and your business that’s just common sense. You are a company with a product to sell, you started a thread on a website visited by hardcore fans of the product you are selling, and yet you are making very little effort to convert this fandom into buyers. I personally think it’s strange but I’m sure it will work out for you.

#2670 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Not many people likely to have any connection to you or your business after this debacle. You constantly move the goal posts with everyone.
Ok.. so you have total disdain for the preorder customers.. that's screamingly obvious and its also obvious that your word counts for nothing.
Given the above.. how does the promise of warranty pan out? Is it the same as the Lowboys you sold where spare parts are expected to come from other machines supplied so the distributor can sell a working one?
My take on the TBAG machine is that the distributors are liable for all warranty issues and you will provide spare parts.. the same promise made with the Lowboys.. there is no back to factory due to Chinese law yes?
Anyone and that means ANYONE dealing with yourself is a fool.. you yourself have proven this over and over again.
Good luck to the distributors because if you are wise, you know the road ahead already

#2671 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’m starting to come around to accepting and liking the fact that Mike is just a dick and he embraces it and just doesn’t give a F
Really dumb or not gotta respect 5 yrs and $3 mill
Is the game any good or is it a POS?

Well it looks like you pissed away $3 mill Mikey!

You really are a F ing beauty.

I’d rather have a Jetsons or Dominos pizza pin

#2672 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Whoa.. i'd be surprised if this Company is still in business in a year. I was very supportive in the beginning, but this is just.. i don't know.. horrible?

#2673 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Wayne you are full of it. A 40' costs exactly double what a 20' costs from my broker but if you want to subsidise my customers please go for it.

I have found container prices are not that proportional:
XMN(CHina) to IL

20' $4900
40' $5800
40HQ $5800
45' $6900

Keep in mind some of that is trucking, but i don't find 40'=2X20'

XMN to LA

20' $2550
40' $3125
40HQ $3125
45' $3600

#2674 5 years ago

The " commercial agreements " with some distributors must very lucrative for them to support him.
That's sales though, anything for the mighty $.
Time is going to tell. Obviously.
I still want to play it though and thrash the fxxk out if it as I HATE marionettes.

#2675 5 years ago

HOMEPIN AUSTRALIAN PRE-ORDER CUSTOMERS
--------------------------------------------------------

For all existing Homepin pre-order customers, Highway Entertainment (the Australian agent) has already contacted you to discuss about various freight options. Please reply to Bianca and Kaitlin who can help coordinate the best options for transport. Once we received everyone’s reply we will calculate best options and work with Homepin for release/delivery.

Australian customers would be aware that Highway Entertainment was offering a 2 year warranty on Thunderbirds Pinball machine in the Australian market, whilst the factory warranty is 12 months. After discussions with Homepin, they will also offer this same warranty to Homepin pre-order customers. Have your machines arranged by Highway and once you receive the machine register it with Highway Entertainment for 2 years complete warranty.

Highway Entertainment's Australian 2 year Warranty includes;

- Transferable warranty to other (secondary) owners (other major factories not transferable)
- 2 years warranty includes coils, etc.. (most do not offer any warranty on these parts)
- 4-8 times the warranty when used in commercial venues (compared to other distributor warranty in Australia)

We have been around a long time and want to support new factories start and develop the market. We understand the various hurdles Homepin (and their pre-order customers) have endured, and believe in the long term project.

Right now, our entire focus is establishing a strong and committed distribution network that can support you at the local level, as well as, working with Homepin for all back order deliveries.

For Australia customers, Highway Entertainment is re-establishing its distribution network across Australia meaning that you can receive local parts and warranty support in each capital city. More news will be announced over these next weeks.

#2676 5 years ago

As someone who sells 50 of Mikes Hankin Tables a year, and was supportive in both advice and information.

A simple request to attend Flipout 2018 in Melbourne Australia, and received the Melbourne is a wart on the industry that just won't Heal? Response!

He had called me when he was drunk many times telling me he was broke and nobody was buying his game and couldn't afford to build the games without more money, even used up all the money from his wife's life insurance policy.

Then the magical investor comes to the rescue in the image of Highway Games, there are many other resellers of his pinball who have also been shafted by games being shipped with new money.

Last time I checked my business turns over 10 million a year and have more than 3mil in cash in my bank, so if you want to compare assets Mike, happy to do so.

Pete get everyone together and I will get them all picked up and shipped to Melbourne for free, only the GST aka tax will be due

WHY because I am sick of all the Warts on the industry.

#2677 5 years ago

As someone who sells 50 of Mikes Hankin Tables a year, and was supportive in both advice and information.
A simple request to attend Flipout 2018 in Melbourne Australia, and received the Melbourne is a wart on the industry that just won't Heal? Response!
He had called me when he was drunk many times telling me he was broke and nobody was buying his game and couldn't afford to build the games without more money, even used up all the money from his wife's life insurance policy.
Then the magical investor comes to the rescue in the image of Highway Games, there are many other resellers of his pinball who have also been shafted by games being shipped with new money.
Last time I checked my business turns over 10 million a year and have more than 3mil in cash in my bank, so if you want to compare assets Mike, happy to do so.
Pete get everyone together and I will get them all picked up and shipped to Melbourne for free, only the GST aka tax will be due
WHY because I am sick of all the Warts on the industry.

that is great

#2679 5 years ago

None of this is relevant. Brings nothing of benefit and shouldn’t be aired on a public forum. Would have expected you’d be above this. I’m not picking sides and it’s a “nice” offer to pre-order customers, but this just sounds disingenuous and alot like grandstanding.

#2680 5 years ago

I thought this upon reading
BUT
"Reap what ye shall sow."

#2681 5 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

I thought this upon reading
BUT
"Reap what ye shall sow."

True, but sounds like sour grapes being reaped here.

#2682 5 years ago
Quoted from highwaygames:

HOMEPIN AUSTRALIAN PRE-ORDER CUSTOMERS
--------------------------------------------------------
For all existing Homepin pre-order customers, Highway Entertainment (the Australian agent) has already contacted you to discuss about various freight options. Please reply to Bianca and Kaitlin who can help coordinate the best options for transport. Once we received everyone’s reply we will calculate best options and work with Homepin for release/delivery.
Australian customers would be aware that Highway Entertainment was offering a 2 year warranty on Thunderbirds Pinball machine in the Australian market, whilst the factory warranty is 12 months. After discussions with Homepin, they will also offer this same warranty to Homepin pre-order customers. Have your machines arranged by Highway and once you receive the machine register it with Highway Entertainment for 2 years complete warranty.
Highway Entertainment's Australian 2 year Warranty includes;
- Transferable warranty to other (secondary) owners (other major factories not transferable)
- 2 years warranty includes coils, etc.. (most do not offer any warranty on these parts)
- 4-8 times the warranty when used in commercial venues (compared to other distributor warranty in Australia)
We have been around a long time and want to support new factories start and develop the market. We understand the various hurdles Homepin (and their pre-order customers) have endured, and believe in the long term project.
Right now, our entire focus is establishing a strong and committed distribution network that can support you at the local level, as well as, working with Homepin for all back order deliveries.
For Australia customers, Highway Entertainment is re-establishing its distribution network across Australia meaning that you can receive local parts and warranty support in each capital city. More news will be announced over these next weeks.

Does this apply to all sales including operator sited games?

#2683 5 years ago

He had called me when he was drunk many times

You make drunk dialing sound like a bad thing....?

#2684 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

None of this is relevant. Brings nothing of benefit and shouldn’t be aired on a public forum. Would have expected you’d be above this. I’m not picking sides and it’s a “nice” offer to pre-order customers, but this just sounds disingenuous and alot like grandstanding.

If he is paying for other people's game to get shipped then more power to him.

#2685 5 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Does this apply to all sales including operator sited games?

Yes, we will honour operator sited games. These machines must either be pre-order (last year or earlier) homepin customers, or highway direct customers - when you receive your cabinet, register with Highway Entertainment and we will cover you for 2 years.

#2686 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I think Mike threw the first stone by having a jab a Bally for his MM efforts....right of reply made by Bally and...touche i say!

#2687 5 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

I think Mike threw the first stone by having a jab a Bally for his MM efforts....right of reply made by Bally and...touche i say!

He’s got a point though.

C0886945-D92B-425C-863E-237147F74265 (resized).jpegC0886945-D92B-425C-863E-237147F74265 (resized).jpeg
#2688 5 years ago

Its not Ego its just ship the bloody games in order as been paid not ship a container of new money,

I am sure if your paid up front in full and saw a container of games shipped out to a later purchaser you would be just as pissed.

#2689 5 years ago

I am sure if your paid up front in full and saw a container of games shipped out to a later purchaser you would be just as pissed.

Can’t disagree with that. Happened too many times in the past. Lucky for JJP, it bought him enough time to get some outside investment. Heighway wasn’t so “lucky”. Pretty sure everyone has learnt their lesson now. Making pinball is hard and pre-order/go-fund-me pinball sucks.

#2690 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Can’t disagree with that. Happened too many times in the past. Lucky for JJP, it bought him enough time to get some outside investment. Heighway wasn’t so “lucky”. Pretty sure everyone has learnt their lesson now. Making pinball is hard and pre-order/go-fund-me pinball sucks.

It was nothing like that with Heighway. Shit was happening YEARS before Alien shipped, even before FTh did.

#2691 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Way to project, hypocrite. No one is a bigger “snowflake” than you - anyone says anything critical of you: YOU MELT!!!!

It’s fascinating that you think everyone that’s nice is acting. A man so angry to the core like you can’t imagine someone actually just BEING nice. What a sad existence.

The fact that there’s such drama with this game is no surprise. The one thing that shocks me is that ANYONE bought a TBAG.

#2692 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It’s fascinating that you think everyone that’s nice is acting. A man so angry to the core like you can’t imagine someone actually just BEING nice. What a sad existence.

This stuck out to me too.

By his own admission he has invested a large chunk of his life into this along with 3 million dollars. Even if being nice is hard, why would you spit in the face of that investment by being mean, rude, and a poor ambassador for your company?

Feels a bit like "I just poured my heart and soul into this project, let me piss all over it!"

Valid criticism from customers is a gift. You can do with it as you please, but when more than a few give you the same feedback it's time to do something.

#2693 5 years ago

Thanks to Wayne for his most generous offer
but as we preorder people know, we just cannot win
Mike has now moved the games out of his factory, to the warehouse of his new Australian distributor

Wayne would have got the machines here in 5 weeks
Highway is not currently planning on shipping them

do you people (Homepin/Highway) enjoy upsetting your customers?

EDIT
Mike I know about the special offer for TAG buyers, keep it
Just ship the game

#2694 5 years ago

How convenient!! 5 days ago, you could have had it air freighted straight away, but now they are inaccessible?

QUOTE:
"Peter, your machine was built at the same time as every other "fully finished" machine in our initial run. It is sitting in my storage lockup, finished, tested and packed. I don't recall the build serial number but it's about #46 from memory (don't hold me to that number, it's my recollection without checking and I am currently at home without the means to look it up)?"

The cynical amongst us would cry BS and interpret the latest news as " not yet made"... thank goodness none of us are in the slightest way " cynical"

#2695 5 years ago

Thanks to Wayne for his most generous offer
but as we preorder people know, we just cannot win
Mike has now moved the games out of his factory, to the warehouse of his new Australian distributor
Wayne would have got the machines here in 5 weeks
Highway is not currently planning on shipping them
do you people (Homepin/Highway) enjoy upsetting your customers?
EDIT
Mike I know about the special offer for TAG buyers, keep it
Just ship the game

Pete, Highway has tried to help you since we became involved.

Our office has personally contacted you over a week ago and mentioned we will help you import the machine into Australia, and, help service/support you locally in Australia. We are not here to upset people, and also here not to play games. At our cost, we were looking to help you. The current arrangement is when the machines are ready and released to us, we will contact each pre-order customer and coordinate their shipment. Please understand we are at the beginning stages of the production/shipping cycle, and as we receive machines we will ship best options available. If this is not suitable, you are welcomed to arrange any method you like.

We are not sure where you are getting your information, but Highway does NOT have your machine in our warehouse and when we do receive your cargo we plan to ship as quickly as possible. Please contact Homepin directly and coordinate the release of your machine to any courier/transport company you wish to use.

#2696 5 years ago

Our office has personally contacted you over a week ago and mentioned we will help you import the machine into Australia, and, help service/support you locally in Australia. We are not here to upset people, and also here not to play games. At our cost, we were looking to help you. The current arrangement is when the machines are ready and released to us, we will contact each pre-order customer and coordinate their shipment. Please understand we are at the beginning stages of the production/shipping cycle, and as we receive machines we will ship best options available. If this is not suitable, you are welcomed to arrange any method you like.
We are not sure where you are getting your information, but Highway does NOT have your machine in our warehouse and when we do receive your cargo we plan to ship as quickly as possible. Please contact Homepin directly and coordinate the release of your machine to any courier/transport company you wish to use.

email from James Shore this afternoon
not enough space at Hhomepin so finished games are being moved to your warhouse

#2697 5 years ago

please confirm for preorders, if a person decides to arrange their own shipment into Australia and not through Highway, will Highway still honour the agrred warranty and support? I guess a yes or a no would be sufficient as I was wondering if Wayne did the shipment whether all bets were off then?????

#2698 5 years ago

Dont think much of your latest ultimatum on AA.
Either everyone signs up with you to ship or nobody gets their games.
Yer good one.

#2699 5 years ago

nobody askec for free freight
at $1800 only a fool would airfreight a game

Mike has said it costs $3800 to land a container
$3800 ÷ 21 games is less than $200 per machine
id pay $200 to put this fiasco behind me

#2700 5 years ago

nobody askec for free freight
at $1800 only a fool would airfreight a game
Mike has said it costs $3800 to land a container
$3800 ÷ 21 games is less than $200 per machine
id pay $200 to put this fiasco behind me

Sounds like you guys have a starting point for a deal in the making now.

Good to hear.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 3.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
There are 4,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 91.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepin-official-thread-pinball-parts-machine-progress/page/54 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.