Untitled (resized).png
hplockbar (resized).jpg
hpbuttons (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20200808_121939 (resized).jpg
16178194 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 91.
#2501 5 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

terrible compared to what? gilligans island is terrible compared to MM .. but try selling MM to a family who want a pin for the kids. Context is important.

It's terrible compared to Gilligan's Island.

#2502 5 years ago

Thx pinballstar joe for bringing thunderbirds to replayfx.

The game is a dog. At Stern pro pricing it needs much much much more.

This needs to be atleast a grand less to get people to buy one.

#2503 5 years ago

I played this last weekend. Can someone explain the top left corner of the playfield to me? is it just wasted space? Is something supposed to happen up there?

#2504 5 years ago

what are people thoughts after the couple of recent shows?, as not alot posted

currently in the Pinside Top 100 listing, it only has 5 reviews and doesn't fall on the list until another 10 more, but after applying the filter to show without comments it averages out at 6.1136, which puts at roughly 347 on the ranking.

344 - Spy Hunter
345 - Millionaire
346 - Monte Carlo

347 - "Thunderbirds"

348 - Striker Extreme
349 - Black Belt
350 - Charles Angels

#2505 5 years ago
Quoted from twitami:

I played this last weekend. Can someone explain the top left corner of the playfield to me? is it just wasted space? Is something supposed to happen up there?

in multiball the ball is spat out of the pool

#2506 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

in multiball the ball is spat out of the pool

OH, ok. Interesting to see how that works. Based on the way it looks, i am not sure how it could do that--or maybe the one i played that is a mock-up section.

#2507 5 years ago
Quoted from twitami:

OH, ok. Interesting to see how that works. Based on the way it looks, i am not sure how it could do that--or maybe the one i played that is a mock-up section.

There is a mech under the playfield that raises the ball slowly during the multi ball sequence. In the show, the swimming pool parts in two and Thunderbird One takes off. As a kid, it was one of the things I loved to watch. The pinball machine simulates this sequence.

#2508 5 years ago

and the original TB1 launch sequence...

#2509 5 years ago

Played Thunderbirds at replay fx I did not like it game felt boring and the center ramp did not feel complete going into the pop bumpers.

#2510 5 years ago

347 - "Thunderbirds"
348 - Striker Extreme

and there it is ... homepins first game ranked higher than 'stern pinball inc's" second according to pinside. cool! ... hehehe pigeons[cat]pigeons

#2511 5 years ago

Nice analogy Doug

3-3 (resized).jpg3-3 (resized).jpg
#2512 5 years ago

artist announced himself, a known pinsider for doing the art

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thunderbirds-pinball-art

The interesting thing though very early days was going to be done Mike's son

#2513 5 years ago

I hate to say this about any machine, and don't like to be negative about games or developers - but this game is awful. Just terrible.

I was really really excited to play it, and when I did, it nearly broke my heart. By ball 2, it was boring, and painful to play.

None of the shots feel right. I want more call outs. It plays clunky and the only "fun," shot is the center ramp - which has to be made 19 times.

There's nothing about this game I find enjoyable or likeable.

Sorry.

#2514 5 years ago

Never apologise for an opinion @mistermoberg
I actually can't wait to play this now to see for myself.
I am known for loving boat anchors so it might be up my alley

#2515 5 years ago

yeah all constructive opinions are awesome.. whether you actually like it or not is on you but constructive views on *why* is good for everyone.

the callouts thing was a bit of a disappointment indeed, mike said it was because he was limited to audio from the shows and they didnt exactly say useful pinball callout phrases.

#2516 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverballSleuth:

It plays clunky and the only "fun," shot is the center ramp - which has to be made 19 times.

I am still in disbelief that this is a real objective. Spell “INTERNATIONAL something”. Like, come on, how the F was the ball dropped like that!?!

#2517 5 years ago
Quoted from DK:

I am still in disbelief that this is a real objective. Spell “INTERNATIONAL something”. Like, come on, how the F was the ball dropped like that!?!

its one of several ... heres the rest

38132822_478647365931116_8205225223016939520_n (resized).jpg38132822_478647365931116_8205225223016939520_n (resized).jpg

#2518 5 years ago

Nice that he shoehorned in the Homepin logo there. Gotta have the logo on absolutely everything.

#2519 5 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

mike said it was because he was limited to audio from the shows and they didnt exactly say useful pinball callout phrases.

Pretty lame excuse - that’s the same with any license. There must be 100’s of hours speech from the TB series. Doesn’t have to be specifically recorded for pinball to make it suitable.

#2520 5 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Nice that he shoehorned in the Homepin logo there. Gotta have the logo on absolutely everything.

You're kidding aren't you...really.

#2521 5 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

You're kidding aren't you...really.

So no on can copy the product? ha ha
or
I love me , who do you love?

I so bad want to play this game now, curiosity is killing me.

#2522 5 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I do agree, it is plastered on parts, plates, shooter housing, on art every where and I think even on the leg bolt heads

#2523 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I do agree, it is plastered on parts, plates, shooter housing, on art every where and I think even on the leg bolt heads

It was difficult to get a detailed picture, but the larger rubbers even say Homepin on them.

#2524 5 years ago

It was difficult to get a detailed picture, but the larger rubbers even say Homepin on them.

the marco rubbers say PRW, the Pinball LIFE rubber say PL, the SH rubbers say HAPP, the wico ones said WICO, HOW DARE a new vendor put his logo on stuff he made himself.. its an OUTRAGE

we need answers ... we need blood...

#2525 5 years ago

Finally glad to see something worse than Motordome. But can it crash worse than Raven? If that happens, I'll have to add to my Raven sale listing "this game rates higher than a brand new game made in 2018!". Maybe I'll even raise the price $10.

Quoted from swinks:

what are people thoughts after the couple of recent shows?, as not alot posted
currently in the Pinside Top 100 listing, it only has 5 reviews and doesn't fall on the list until another 10 more, but after applying the filter to show without comments it averages out at 6.1136, which puts at roughly 347 on the ranking.
344 - Spy Hunter
345 - Millionaire
346 - Monte Carlo
347 - "Thunderbirds"
348 - Striker Extreme
349 - Black Belt
350 - Charles Angels

#2526 5 years ago

oh and the leg bolts are METRIC.. if he hadnt labelled them you would have sooked too.. just cant win with some of you clowns.

#2527 5 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

the marco rubbers say PRW, the Pinball LIFE rubber say PL, the SH rubbers say HAPP, the wico ones said WICO, HOW DARE a new vendor put his logo on stuff he made himself.. its an OUTRAGE
we need answers ... we need blood...

It just seems unnecessary. Could they have saved a little money by not branding their rubbers? Possibly.

If I made that game, I wouldn't put my logo on every part of it.

It's almost like the theme of the game is HomePin.

Maybe they haven't put call outs in the game yet so they can have time to record custom ones which scream "HOMEPIN!!!!!" Every time you make a shot.

#2528 5 years ago

Williams put their logo on lots of their parts.

#2529 5 years ago

I like the logo, though it may look a little large and out of balance on the instruction card. Maybe half the size would look about right.

#2530 5 years ago

Then you would be giving up your designs that you paid for, to the general public, and go broke in days.
This is a silly point of view, I think.

#2531 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Then you would be giving up your designs that you paid for, to the general public, and go broke in days.
This is a silly point of view, I think.

That was a comment in relation to the game itself - I'd be distancing myself from it, while still promoting it.

#2532 5 years ago

Seems like you can make that decision when you produce a game.

#2533 5 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Seems like you can make that decision when you produce a game.

I have no intention to produce a game. I'm not qualified. It would suck.

As a player, I have every right to speak my mind on the game I played. The branding on it is overwhelming.

The worst part is - is that I want to love it. I was SOOOOO excited to play it.

#2534 5 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

oh and the leg bolts are METRIC.. if he hadnt labelled them you would have sooked too.. just cant win with some of you clowns.

yeah, yeah, likewise, I am not sooking, just think it is over the top - constructive feedback - sometimes when used too much just takes over the product, be proud and put in a couple of visible places but not everywhere

as for metric, Aus is metric so I get it, but if Homepin wanted to be an affordable option for part replacement for every pinballer out there, then imperial sized would of benefited him more since he has copied alot of the parts - why not make exactly the same and then supply to pinball part companies - could of been a bigger market for him.

enjoy your investment

#2535 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

yeah, yeah, likewise, I am not sooking, just think it is over the top - constructive feedback - sometimes when used too much just takes over the product, be proud and put in a couple of visible places but not everywhere
as for metric, Aus is metric so I get it, but if Homepin wanted to be an affordable option for part replacement for every pinballer out there, then imperial sized would of benefited him more since he has copied alot of the parts - why not make exactly the same and then supply to pinball part companies - could of been a bigger market for him.
enjoy your investment

Investment? Did I read correctly? Is that to mean in the company or purchasing a game for personal use. If the former some of his comments may be biased then. I'm sure Doug can clarify this for us

#2536 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

enjoy your investment

nfi? ask him, he mentioned it.. i have no idea what hes on about.

Just to humor you seeing you asked.

"in the company" -- no financial interest in homepin.

"or purchasing a game for personal use." -- no personal or financial interest in buying this or anything else made after about 1989 at all. im an EM fan

#2537 5 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

nfi? ask him, he mentioned it.. i have no idea what hes on about.
Just to humor you seeing you asked.
"in the company" -- no financial interest in homepin.
"or purchasing a game for personal use." -- no personal or financial interest in buying this or anything else made after about 1989 at all. im an EM fan

Ok thank you

#2538 5 years ago

Personally I have never liked the branding selected. The name "Homepin" and the logo look really budget and hokey/corny to me.

Minor issue though, if the game looks and plays good is all that really matters.

#2539 5 years ago

I never liked the name Homepin. Pinball collectors want a commercial grade piece of arcade equipment. Even if the games end up being that, it still doesn’t sound good. Noone wants a “home” pin.

#2540 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I never liked the name Homepin. Pinball collectors want a commercial grade piece of arcade equipment. Even if the games end up being that, it still doesn’t sound good. Noone wants a “home” pin.

Do you like the sound of another "famous" old arcade manufacturer called HANKIN ?
They too made some memorable pinball machines

1978 DARK RIDER (<1200)
1978 LIQUID LIGHTNING (<1200)
1978 FJ (<1180)
1979 HOWZAT, DENNIS LILLEE'S ( 350)
1979 ORBIT 1 (<1020)
1980 SHARK ( ~200)
1980 EMPIRE STRIKES BACK, THE ( ~350)

look at IPDB for pictures

#2541 5 years ago

Years ago Mike stated on AP something along the lines - that he always dreamed of building a pinball at home with his son, and that his original goal was to send pinball flat packs to other father / sons that would then assembly the massive kits = Homepin..... - dare say the name evolved from that

#2543 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Uh,.. go with “Stern” then ,.. the brand name needs to match to the look on your face when the ball drains

#2544 5 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Do you like the sound of another "famous" old arcade manufacturer called HANKIN ?
They too made some memorable pinball machines
1978 DARK RIDER (&lt;1200)
1978 LIQUID LIGHTNING (&lt;1200)
1978 FJ (&lt;1180)
1979 HOWZAT, DENNIS LILLEE'S ( 350)
1979 ORBIT 1 (&lt;1020)
1980 SHARK ( ~200)
1980 EMPIRE STRIKES BACK, THE ( ~350)
look at IPDB for pictures

Not seeing the relevance to the discussion.

#2545 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Not seeing the relevance to the discussion.

You probably wouldn't as it's an Aussie thing. We are a weird mob.

#2546 5 years ago
Quoted from mrWol64:

Uh,.. go with “Stern” then ,.. the brand name needs to match to the look on your face when the ball drains

That’s what makes TWD the best pin ever made. Stern makes games to make money for operators on location. I like those types of games.

#2547 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

That’s what makes TWD the best pin ever made. Stern makes games to make money for operators on location. I like those types of games.

Thing is,.. it seems so freaking pointless to be making a big deal about the brand name,.. Williams made my favourite pin (Pinbot) but they sound like shoe manufacturer,.. folks seem to be getting a bit desperate to find “Dont like it” topics,..

#2548 5 years ago
Quoted from mrWol64:

Thing is,.. it seems so freaking pointless to be making a big deal about the brand name,.. Williams made my favourite pin (Pinbot) but they sound like shoe manufacturer,.. folks seem to be getting a bit desperate to find “Dont like it” topics,..

I don't like this either

I mean I don't like this post either!

#2549 5 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

I don't like this either

Now we are back on track

#2550 5 years ago
Quoted from Slash:

Personally I have never liked the branding selected. The name "Homepin" and the logo look really budget and hokey/corny to me.
Minor issue though, if the game looks and plays good is all that really matters.

The homepin logo on the cabinet looks awful I must admit.. far too large and detracts from the artwork

There are 4,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 91.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepin-official-thread-pinball-parts-machine-progress/page/51?hl=mrwol64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.