Untitled (resized).png
hplockbar (resized).jpg
hpbuttons (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20200808_121939 (resized).jpg
16178194 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 91.
#2451 5 years ago

Thanks for posting videos Wizcat the machine looks very nice hopefully I can get a game on it here in Australia soon

#2452 5 years ago

I can tell you guys had a lot of fun group-exploring that NIB machine.
Thanks for sharing!

#2453 5 years ago

What a great game!
Everyone involved should be very proud of their accomplishment.
Congrats!

#2454 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

What a great game!
Everyone involved should be very proud of their accomplishment.
Congrats!

Along with the shame they should feel for the what they’ve done to the initial pre order guys in Aussie who still haven’t got their games 5 years on. There are more prototypes of this game than any game in history.

#2455 5 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Along with the shame they should feel for the what they’ve done to the initial pre order guys in Aussie who still haven’t got their games 5 years on. There are more prototypes of this game than any game in history.

On the flip side (pun intended), the pre-order buyers should at least be pleased by the quality shown in the video. It looks bloody good inside and out.

#2456 5 years ago

Aside from actual delivery, the main concerns are still code (& updates) and the middle ramp. Other one would be how the printed plastic pf overlay wears / plays, and how much it costs to replace.

Stuff like an RGB LED DMD can be addressed by the community.

If the build quality of the prototypes reflects production machines, much of it looks top notch.

#2457 5 years ago

I only managed a brief game. Watched others playing. Enjoyed it. Next stop will be UKPinfest in just over 5 weeks time.

#2458 5 years ago

So how did it play at NERG?
Curious if this prototype had a better review on gameplay?
Video's?

#2459 5 years ago

There was a lot of video shot. Some even streamed live. Are you on pinballinfo.com?

#2460 5 years ago

Just pre-ordered with Highway yesterday. Keep up the great work Mike understand been uncontrollable along the way that's been my experience over 51 years on this planet. I can't wait to gather my missus & 4 kids around a fair dinkum pinball machine. It will be a proud moment & I will definitely thank you and your team for making it happen. I was patience for the Tigers Premiership & will afford Homepin the same ...maybe not as long fingers crossed but rather you sort out all the issues before it's shipped to us. I would have loved a clear coat upgrade option but will sort that it out in Australia hopefully through someone you recommend that won't void our warranty..

#2461 5 years ago
Quoted from Tigers2017:

I would have loved a clear coat upgrade option but will sort that it out in Australia

You won’t want to do that. It’s got a plastic playfield.

And why’d you want to do it anyway? When you buy a new car do you take it to be re-cleared?

Anyway - I meant to share these pics ages ago.

TAG has left the house and gone to Australia to be used as a demo machine. It left a few weeks ago.

When I was packaging it up, I took some pics of the cool wheeled PF slides. A big upgrade on the norm. Playfield slides in and out nicely.

rd

912AB020-104C-4892-9F4A-3B0B79F9D395 (resized).jpeg912AB020-104C-4892-9F4A-3B0B79F9D395 (resized).jpeg

CFEE9F2D-BD81-4F8E-96A3-DC85306FDF7F (resized).jpegCFEE9F2D-BD81-4F8E-96A3-DC85306FDF7F (resized).jpeg

93EAE667-5CCD-4520-AF21-2073D877A495 (resized).jpeg93EAE667-5CCD-4520-AF21-2073D877A495 (resized).jpeg

6FD875E8-E8B5-4CC0-AA3F-2B42D4171751 (resized).jpeg6FD875E8-E8B5-4CC0-AA3F-2B42D4171751 (resized).jpeg

#2462 5 years ago
Quoted from Tigers2017:

Just pre-ordered with Highway yesterday. Keep up the great work Mike understand been uncontrollable along the way that's been my experience over 51 years on this planet. I can't wait to gather my missus & 4 kids around a fair dinkum pinball machine. It will be a proud moment & I will definitely thank you and your team for making it happen. I was patience for the Tigers Premiership & will afford Homepin the same ...maybe not as long fingers crossed but rather you sort out all the issues before it's shipped to us. I would have loved a clear coat upgrade option but will sort that it out in Australia hopefully through someone you recommend that won't void our warranty..

you should of contacted PopBumperPete (in the Melbourne area) as he has been trying to sell his pre-order for a while and probably would be a better price.

as for the playfield the art is printed on the back of the effectively playfield protector - order a spare protector with art

#2463 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

you should of contacted popbumperpete (in the Melbourne area) as he has been trying to sell his pre-order for a while and probably would be a better price.

Long shot but maybe he should post sale of his pre order on that pinballinfo.com site. The folks in the UK seem to have liked what they saw. They're familiar with Gerry Andersen TV shows. Lower price converted to GBP, plus the Topper, "may" just make it attractive for the cost of a big fat UK wall plug and shipping.

#2464 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

When I was packaging it up, I took some pics of the cool wheeled PF slides. A big upgrade on the norm. Playfield slides in and out nicely.
rd

Nice. Looks like it's better than Capcom or JJP's solution (and obviously Stern's).

#2465 5 years ago

Will order a spare protector with art thanks for the heads up, first family Pinball. Awaiting Highway to sort a spare parts list over the coming months.
Missed sliding door opportunity for popbumperpete unfortunately only read this forum today, missus processed deposit yesterday.

#2466 5 years ago
Quoted from Tigers2017:

Will order a spare protector with art

Nope - don’t need to do that either. (Don’t know if they’re changeable anyway...)

Just plug the thing in
- play it
- Clean it every couple of months with Simple Green
- Clean the balls and replace them when they look crappy.
- play it some more

Easy peasy. Pinball is easy. Apply the KISS principle. Don’t stress over it.

Enjoy your new game.

rd

#2467 5 years ago

also good to see cabinet leg mounting brackets

#2468 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Nope - don’t need to do that either. (Don’t know if they’re changeable anyway...)
Just plug the thing in
- play it
- Clean it every couple of months with Simple Green
- Clean the balls and replace them when they look crappy.
- play it some more
Easy peasy. Pinball is easy. Apply the KISS principle. Don’t stress over it.
Enjoy your new game.
rd

Whoa, use Simple Green to clean machine - thank you for the tip!

#2469 5 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Whoa, use Simple Green to clean machine - thank you for the tip!

Simple Green is the shit.

Chews through the ball trails and ball dust.

I mix it maybe 1/3rd SG concentrate and 2/3 water.

rd

#2470 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

I have heard all kinds of tips etc on what to use / not to use which has made my head spin.
This is great (and cheap!), thanks again. Going to Bunnings after work: https://www.bunnings.com.au/simple-green-1l-green-concentrate-all-purpose-cleaner_p4470509

Just a noob question (sorry), do you spray it on direct or on a cloth?

#2471 5 years ago

That’s the stuff!

Mix it in a spray bottle. Spray her on, wipe her off with a nice microfibre towel. Grab a bunch of those while you’re down at Bunnings.

Don’t forget your Bunnings Snag.

rd

F972F140-54CB-4292-8B06-1FE7EF903A21 (resized).jpegF972F140-54CB-4292-8B06-1FE7EF903A21 (resized).jpeg
#2472 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

That’s the stuff!
Mix it in a spray bottle. Spray her on, wipe her off with a nice microfibre towel. Grab a bunch of those while you’re down at Bunnings.
rd

LOL - awesome!
PS: There is no way I can walk past that smell and not buy a snag with onions! YUMMMMMMMM

Thanks again

#2473 5 years ago

Or a coffee mmmmmm

IMG_0195 (resized).jpgIMG_0195 (resized).jpg
#2474 5 years ago

The rest of the world scratches their heads and wonders, “what the f**k is a Bunnings snag?”

Haha

rd

#2475 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

The rest of the world scratches their heads and wonders, “what the f**k is a Bunnings snag?”
Haha
rd

Its an Aus/NZ institution, thats all they need to know. You can't explain something that good.

#2476 5 years ago
Quoted from robm:

Its an Aus/NZ institution, thats all they need to know. You can't explain something that good.

And you can pick up hardware supplies at the same time.

What a win win!

rd

#2477 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

Classic,.. gonna let the wife see that one,. She can’t walk past those bbq stands and we end up having to buy and eat the damn things,...

#2478 5 years ago

hey @rotordave, we know that you liked about the playfield flip up mech, what were your thoughts on the game play, sounds, layout...

#2479 5 years ago

Porsche use simple green on cars, they never touch a car when thy wash it

Spray with simple green and wash off

#2480 5 years ago

Bunning’s just need to add a craft beer vendor & ban on coles standard snags (plastic logs). Maybe this is the formula for Masters return. Thanks for the Maintence TAG tips appreciated ...Just need Mike & his team to work some magic & follow through with TAG to my awaiting family, After Reading The Big Lebowski ongoing saga I was somewhat nervous but bugger it Mike is an Aussie he will get it done ...just longer thanks expected Unfortunately for all involved.

#2481 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

Will that get rid of swirls as well without pf damage? I'm nervous about using something like a magic eraser on my HS playfield.

#2482 5 years ago
Quoted from Shaneus:

Will that get rid of swirls as well without pf damage? I'm nervous about using something like a magic eraser on my HS playfield.

I wouldnt put water on an old varnished play field it could raise the grain and cause further problems like planking.

More modern clear-coated playfields might be okay if the ball hasn't worn through the clear.

But it would be okay to spray some on a rag and wipe it down vigorously just don't soak it

Clear-coated playfields are more durable and can take more abuse.

I guess we're going to have to draw the line between modern clear coat and old shellac or varnish playfields.

I would never apply anything with water in it to an old shellac play field they're just too cracked up and worn the grain raises very easily on them.

Magic Eraser and rubbing alcohol will surely do the trick to remove swirl marks as it removes the paint but only the upper surface of it.

Go slow and be gentle you can remove the paint down to the wood with that technique

Modern clear-coated playfields can be power buffed with rubbing compound and then polished to remove Swirls and scratches a few times before they need to be re clear coated.

#2483 5 years ago

For anyone interested, there are some photos and videos and info posted in the last week on the Homepin Facebook page that show the new second factory, some of the assembly line, vacuum forming and so on. Quite interesting stuff. I can’t link the videos here directly, but here is the link to the site. (You don’t need a Facebook account to see the content).

https://m.facebook.com/homepin.factory/

#2484 5 years ago

Got to play about 30 seconds of Thunderbirds at the Pinball Star booth at ReplayFX. Ball went airborne, got stuck, and doesn’t have a ball search feature. It seemed ok for what I did play.

4A60C375-0D31-435C-98C9-9598322A9BC5 (resized).jpeg4A60C375-0D31-435C-98C9-9598322A9BC5 (resized).jpeg
#2485 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

..Thunderbirds.. doesn’t have a ball search feature.

yes it does, but perhaps it was turned off.

#2486 5 years ago

interesting saying thanks to benheck when for a while Mike denied using his board / software system, and interesting that a thanks also goes out to Stern, JJP

and Jpop - wonder if he was the mystery designer at one stage in the early days

drjJCUP (resized).jpgdrjJCUP (resized).jpg

#2487 5 years ago

I can see jpop designing it, as it has a lot of the same brick shots as my magic girl

#2488 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

I can see jpop designing it, as it has a lot of the same brick shots as my magic girl

A lot like Houdini

#2489 5 years ago
Quoted from Alby:

A lot like Houdini

I guess you have never played Houdini, because if you had you wouldn't be stating such garbage.

#2490 5 years ago

Thanks to PinballSTAR for bringing Thunderbirds to ReplayFX. I'm happy I had a chance to play it.

It is terrible.

#2491 5 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Thanks to pinballstar for bringing this machine to ReplayFX. I'm happy I had a chance to play it.
It is terrible.

Which game?

#2492 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

I guess you have never played Houdini, because if you had you wouldn't be stating such garbage.

That’s the answer I’d expect from a person that has a vested interest in selling the machine and making money . Better players than you an myself have said that shots are tight and brick . Everyone must be wrong and you must be right .

#2494 5 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

I edited my post.

Bit vague dude,.. be brave, tell us all what you thought was “terrible” about it,..

#2495 5 years ago
Quoted from Alby:

That’s the answer I’d expect from a person that has a vested interest in selling the machine and making money . Better players than you an myself have said that shots are tight and brick . Everyone must be wrong and you must be right .

I've heard few people say it was 'bricky'. Shots being tight does not make a game bricky. The only shot that I found hard to make was the milk can orbit ... and that's certainly not a brick shot. The right inner orbit which people moan about, once you find the shot, sails up easily ... it certainly doesn't rattle around or catch a tiny bit of the guide and then brick.

#2496 5 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

..It is terrible.

terrible compared to what? gilligans island is terrible compared to MM .. but try selling MM to a family who want a pin for the kids. Context is important.

#2497 5 years ago
Quoted from Alby:

And those better players have bought one, we sell many brands each to their own

#2498 5 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

terrible compared to what? gilligans island is terrible compared to MM .. but try selling MM to a family who want a pin for the kids. Context is important.

Why on earth wouldn't parents be happy for their kids to play MM?

#2499 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Why on earth wouldn't parents be happy for their kids to play MM?

price. you missed the point .. back on track. "terrible compared to what?' raven is terrible but its awesome compared to dragon.. you need context

#2500 5 years ago
Quoted from Alby:

Better players than you an myself have said that shots are tight and brick . Everyone must be wrong and you must be right .

I don’t think good players would say that the shots brick. Yes, they are tighter .. but so are a lot of the newer games.

I played Houdini for half an hour yesterday (2nd time - first time was TPF 2 years ago) and the shots are very findable. I put up a million points second game.

I’m not really a fan of Balcers previous games, but I like Houdini.

rd

There are 4,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 91.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepin-official-thread-pinball-parts-machine-progress/page/50?hl=hippo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.