Topic Stats

• 3,933 posts
  • 382 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 39 minutes ago by KenLayton
  • Topic is favorited by 171 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 748 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

screen-capture-8 (resized).png
rampage (resized).jpg
59546319_448232989282183_8360119207047725056_n (resized).jpg
IMG_2927 (resized).JPG
Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 7.47.02 pm.png
59546319_448232989282183_8360119207047725056_n (resized).jpg
99D1AA11-1443-414C-A49B-3B3177C76184 (resized).jpeg
59363232_447010972713392_259249182378819584_n (resized).jpg
2102F2C3-3B12-4112-AEFE-6F8EFFF1B965 (resized).jpeg
868710A0-56BB-496C-BEDA-7BA0D66E4FB6 (resized).jpeg
dial2 (resized).jpeg
AFF856C8-B022-4091-B5B9-6C804FB42F87 (resized).png
8824be65f84920aa21dccb4e9acf47da8522de5f (resized).jpg
D19AA2E9-F995-4396-81AD-9750E23E87BF (resized).jpeg
8AAFDB60-3AAD-4FB6-A920-94E6E6BEA833 (resized).jpeg
07D30B01-3159-41C0-B03A-D0D6E590021F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 3933 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 79.
#2201 1 year ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I disagree. If you're purely talking BOM, looks to me like Thunderbirds has more in it than any of the pre Iron Maiden Stern Pros or pre Alice Cooper Spooky's.
The orange DMD is a minus, but the EL back box sides are cool.
What does TNA have in it at $6K?
Game play and aesthetics are subjective.

Thunderbirds isn't worthy of carrying TNA's jockstrap. TNA is an award-winning game that is loved by thousands of people who played it, designed by someone who is universally loved in the hobby not someone who is frequently disliked, produced in America not farmed out to China. That's not subjective at all. At best T-Bird's game play is an unknown and from the videos to me it looks worse than that. The sound system in TNA and the light show in TNA are second to none. TNA has a beautiful screen instead of a junky DMD with questionable graphics. The best thing that T-Bird has going for it is the interesting lightning on the side.

#2202 1 year ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Well, it can get very repetitive though. Imagine if it did have ramps or upper pf.

Nothing like hitting those ramps 100 times a game to keep things from getting repetitive.

#2203 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Large LCD
Extra Score Displays
Extra LED displays
Extra sound system
Laser Cut Armor
Drop Targets and spinners
3 Flippers
TNA is a no compromise build - that's why its not cheap even tho it has only a single level PF.

Real backglass as well.

#2204 1 year ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I disagree. If you're purely talking BOM, looks to me like Thunderbirds has more in it than any of the pre Iron Maiden Stern Pros or pre Alice Cooper Spooky's.
The orange DMD is a minus, but the EL back box sides are cool.
What does TNA have in it at $6K?
Game play and aesthetics are subjective.

Agreed.

Quoted from Knapp_Arcade:

The best thing that T-Bird has going for it is the interesting lightning on the side.

TAG is a far better machine than the Spooky's that I have played. (I have not had the privilege to play TNA, so can't comment on that one) The build quality is better than any Stern on the market.

#2205 1 year ago

Played TNA at TPF,... looks great,.. very well built,.. but wasnt my idea if a long term keeper.. gotta like loops I think,.. I much preferred Kingpin,.. and I have played the TAG demo in Brisbane and it appealed,.. except the led strip on the ramp which I think Mike has cut from the prod machine (phew)

3 weeks later
#2206 1 year ago

Following progress over at Homepin Factory.......at Facebook..new machines are now on "The Line" wish you guys the best and looking forward for machines and your future machines that are in development to reach me here in Colorado,USA
https://www.facebook.com/homepin.factory/

#2207 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Working on it... : )

Will you have a TAG machine at Allentown?

#2208 1 year ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Will you have a TAG machine at Allentown?

Unfortunately not - couldn't get one here in time with production just starting.

#2210 1 year ago

Looks like we will finally get our games in August

wooties

#2211 1 year ago

A post from Facebook:

It's great to FINALLY see production start after all these years of hard slog and often heartbreaking setbacks......thanks to all those who have stood by Homepin, you too can be proud that you have been part of this success!

E12F4033-D498-45CA-B545-C44E90807BDB (resized).jpeg

#2212 1 year ago

looks like Mike doesn't go to Aussie Pinball, Aussie Arcade or Pinside and now at the UK forum, and just can't help bagging out P-Roc

http://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/homepin-pinball-presents-5.3499/page-4#post-254570

#2213 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

looks like Mike doesn't go to Aussie Pinball, Aussie Arcade or Pinside and now at the UK forum, and just can't help bagging out P-Roc

I didn't "bag anything out" - I simply made a comment based ON MY OPINION! (if I'm still allowed to have that, maybe I'm not according to you?).

I have my reasons and they are to do with MY commercial application nothing more.

Why don't you just mind your own business instead of running around telling tales like a 10 year old.

#2214 1 year ago
Quoted from Homepin:

I didn't "bag anything out" - I simply made a comment based ON MY OPINION!

It was a little more than that, but, sure, your opinion. At the same time, I believe over 400 commercial/production machines have now shipped, between TNA, Houdini and P3, that are running the P-roc boardset, and don't think I have heard of any issues reported that is specifically tied to the boardset. Sounds like Spooky is now planning to use on their next game as well (moving away from a boardset quite similar to yours I believe). Your boardset is now running in how many production machines? A half dozen? Not sure I would be talking about how great and superior it is quite yet.

If you would like to share your specific concerns with the P-roc boardset, great, we'd like to hear it so we can be informed buyers, otherwise, your comment is no more than a troll.

Quoted from Homepin:

Why don't you just mind your own business instead of running around telling tales like a 10 year old.

One thing we can count on with you Mike, is a lack of professionalism and maturity. It continues to surprise me how your respond to prospective customers.

I have had interest in TAG, since I loved it as a kid, but every time you post a rude or arrogant post I find it harder and harder to believe I would ever buy one.

#2215 1 year ago
Quoted from spoke:

It was a little more than that, but, sure, your opinion. At the same time, I believe over 400 commercial/production machines have now shipped, between TNA, Houdini and P3, that are running the P-roc boardset, and don't think I have heard of any issues reported that is specifically tied to the boardset. Sounds like Spooky is now planning to use on their next game as well (moving away from a boardset quite similar to yours I believe). Your boardset is now running in how many production machines? A half dozen? Not sure I would be talking about how great and superior it is quite yet.
If you would like to share your specific concerns with the P-roc boardset, great, we'd like to hear it so we can be informed buyers, otherwise, your comment is no more than a troll.

One thing we can count on with you Mike, is a lack of professionalism and maturity. It continues to surprise me how your respond to prospective customers.
I have had interest in TAG, since I loved it as a kid, but every time you post a rude or arrogant post I find it harder and harder to believe I would ever buy one.

Swinks is not and is never likely to be "a prospective customer" of mine and that suits me just fine.

I refuse to hide behind political correctness and sweet talking sales BS to keep people happy. I tell it how I see it. That rubs some the wrong way but guess what, I get plenty of messages that are pleased about the way I respond. Not everyone is a snowflake and ever so easily offended thank goodness.

The platform I commented on doesn't suit our purpose for reasons I didn't go into and won't go into. I didn't bag it, just said it didn't suit us. Why didn't I comment further? Because it isn't anyone's business but mine!! Full marks to Spooky for using it, fantastic, good on them.

I'm not trolling but Swinks sure is by posting my comment from another forum here for no reason other than to stir up trouble. If I make comments, in context, on another forum, that's where it should stay - did Swinks respond on that forum? No he didn't because he would have been shouted down that's why!

I'm happy that you like Thunderbirds, why not forget the politically correct nonsense and look at the machine and see what you think. Forget me, forget Gary, forget Jack and all the rest. Do you truthfully think Gary doesn't have his personal opinions on plenty of things? He sure does I can guarantee it from first hand meetings - it's just he chooses to toe the politically correct line, I don't.

#2216 1 year ago

I wanted to look at your new machine but it didn't make it to Pinfest that starts tomorrow.
Perhaps later in the year I'll see it at a show in the USA - maybe Expo in October?

#2217 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I wanted to look at your new machine but it didn't make it to Pinfest that starts tomorrow.
Perhaps later in the year I'll see it at a show in the USA - maybe Expo in October?

Probably not. Rob Berk visited the Homepin factory last week in the hope of getting one to Expo but we simply have too many other commitments at this stage.

I have said from day one of this project that our target market for this first machine was countries other than the USA.

Don't shoot me down, ours is a deliberate strategy and hasn't changed in four years.

Yes, machines will make it to the USA but that isn't our priority at this point.

#2218 1 year ago
Quoted from Homepin:

I refuse to hide behind political correctness and sweet talking sales BS to keep people happy.

I agree the world has gone over board with political correctness, and will assign false intent to statements people make, but that does not mean you should not treat people with respect. I believe you can voice your opinion and make your point without putting others down or saying things that come across like bullying and being disrespectful.

I am sure you are right that Gary, Jack have opinions that would not sit well with many, but the wisely choose to keep them private vs putting them out there for all to see.

At the end of the day it is your choice to make. I respect your right to choose to post as you do, since you seem to be willing to accept the consequences of it. Not the path I would take, but we each must choose our own. I suggest you give some thought to how you say things, so your message is not lost by the words you choose.

#2219 1 year ago

pasted_image (resized).png

#2220 1 year ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Swinks is not and is never likely to be "a prospective customer" of mine and that suits me just fine.
I refuse to hide behind political correctness and sweet talking sales BS to keep people happy. I tell it how I see it. That rubs some the wrong way but guess what, I get plenty of messages that are pleased about the way I respond. Not everyone is a snowflake and ever so easily offended thank goodness

Classic Mike. Weren't you done with Pinside?

#2221 1 year ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

Classic Mike. Weren't you done with Pinside?

I am indeed but when trolls like Swinks deliberately try and stir up trouble I feel I have to respond. I won't bother posting updates here because there are simply far too many negative people and it just isn't worth my time. The ones that are genuinely interested in following progress look at my Facebook page where trolls are blocked on the spot!

#2222 1 year ago
Quoted from Homepin:

I am indeed but when trolls like Swinks deliberately try and stir up trouble I feel I have to respond. I won't bother posting updates here because there are simply far too many negative people and it just isn't worth my time. The ones that are genuinely interested in following progress look at my Facebook page where trolls are blocked on the spot!

I'm going to give you the best compliment that I am capable of...at least you're not Andrew Heighway.

#2223 1 year ago

Hmmm, lets see what's going on in this thread...cool, cool. (edited)
Americans still don't care about this game at all anyway, so it works out for everyone. Cool, cool.

Nothing changes lol

#2224 1 year ago

Dear Homepin

better silent (resized).jpg

#2225 1 year ago

in my opinion, it is rather annoying for those interested in the game to have to play 'hide and seek' and have to chase around the internet for information about the game

#2226 1 year ago

Great to see the progress Mike,keep up the good work !!
Very interested in everything Homepin !!
Above posts are irrelevant,say it like you see it,appreciate how candid you are !!
All the posts at Facebook are great !!

#2227 1 year ago

Dear oldskool and swinks,Rarehero..............leave here !!
This is about progress of a ground up pinball company,the trials,tribulations and finally the joy of going into production....not personal attacks and false claims that no Americans are interested.

#2228 1 year ago
Quoted from v8torino:

Dear oldskool and swinks,Rarehero..............leave here !!
This is about progress of a ground up pinball company,the trials,tribulations and finally the joy of going into production....not personal attacks and false claims that no Americans are interested.

I had no personal attacks or false claims, but since you bring it up
don't single out people bro!

go find your white horse and gallop off!

#2229 1 year ago

Good grief Charlie Brown!!!,.. lucky Mike is keeping the updates coming thru Homepin FB,.. coz its gonna dry up here v fast ... and that would suck

#2230 1 year ago

Lol. OP got ejected from his own thread. This is classic.

#2231 1 year ago

A couple other updates for those that are interested and who don't venture to Facebook:

"Now that we are in full production we can start to see some action in the wood room! We are cutting about 12 playfields a day. We use a 3mm cutter and make four shallow passes to get a nice clean cut. Four playfields are cut from one sheet of ply.
A fresh lot of cutters was delivered today - we use one of these for every two sheets of ply - so eight playfields to one cutter."

IMG_5149 (resized).JPG
IMG_5150 (resized).JPG

IMG_5147 (resized).JPG

IMG_5152 (resized).JPG

#2232 1 year ago

Ok I give up?

No lip to hold inserts in place? Or is it just the pictures don't show them

#2233 1 year ago

This is coming to the UK in August - UK Pinfest show. I am attending primarily to take a look at this machine and talk to Mike about it.

We should all be encouraging this guy and wishing him all the best. What with the Predator,Jpop,Alien-Highway situations you should all be supportive of anyone who has the desire and confidence to put their money and time and effort into the risky business of pinball manufacture.

#2234 1 year ago
Quoted from AlanJ:

We should all be encouraging this guy and wishing him all the best. What with the Predator,Jpop,Alien-Highway situations you should all be supportive of anyone who has the desire and confidence to put their money and time and effort into the risky business of pinball manufacture.

#2235 1 year ago

I wish the back of the playfields were painted gray like they used to be. Looks better with gray paint in my opinion.

#2236 1 year ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

I wish the back of the playfields were painted gray like they used to be. Looks better with gray paint in my opinion.

Why no 90s games were

#2237 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Why no 90s games were

Putting shellac or gray primer on the back of the playfield makes it much easier to keep clean.
Fingerprints wipe off easier and black dust doesnt get permanently imbedded in the wood grain.
Cleaners and solvents dont "raise the grain" of the plywood underneath etc.

Its definitely not mandatory but does make a game look better much longer and is really nice.

#2238 1 year ago

sometimes its better to just remain silent and smile

marcelmarceau (resized).jpg

#2239 1 year ago

Ok I give up?
No lip to hold inserts in place? Or is it just the pictures don't show them

Wayne, pretty sure the playfield is lexan or similar material that has art printed on the underside of the material and it sits on top of the wooden playfield. This was Mike's solution to the never-ending discussion about insert problems. Great idea I reckon, plus playfield swaps should be much cheaper if ever required.

#2240 1 year ago
Quoted from robm:

Wayne, pretty sure the playfield is lexan or similar material that has art printed on the underside of the material and it sits on top of the wooden playfield. This was Mike's solution to the never-ending discussion about insert problems. Great idea I reckon, plus playfield swaps should be much cheaper if ever required.

Indeed.

#2241 1 year ago

hp4 (resized).jpg

hp1 (resized).jpg

hp3 (resized).jpg

hp5 (resized).jpg

hp2 (resized).jpg

#2242 1 year ago
Quoted from robm:

Arh ok, just didn't want a insert falling out and ball dropping into the cabinet like it did on my ghostbusters

#2243 1 year ago

Arh ok, just didn't want a insert falling out and ball dropping into the cabinet like it did on my ghostbusters

How's that even possible? Was there not a bevel it sat in?

#2245 1 year ago

The fold out speaker panel Rocks!

#2246 1 year ago

I was thinking the same thing.

#2247 1 year ago

From Facebook:

"....Yippee...another Thunderbirds Pinball is 'born'...."

And this:

"Preparing the coin doors for the International Rescue enameled badge."

5D7B9431-F3B0-4003-8425-A4D0B6CD9DA4 (resized).jpeg

9459A8D9-3A99-4B7B-8C99-ECEEDE24F8E6 (resized).jpeg

30930EB2-EA3F-43ED-B8FF-E7DC785F0F02 (resized).jpeg

#2248 1 year ago

Another Facebook update:

"Doing some final testing and sorting a few small issues so we can speed up production."

56E89280-074A-4F49-AC7D-AFFC30BFF767 (resized).jpeg

#2249 1 year ago

Whoa! Look how high up those back legs are...

#2250 1 year ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Whoa! Look how high up those back legs are...

Look how high the front legs are. If the front ones can be screwed in some more, they could take some length off the back ones.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 399.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
There are 3933 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 79.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside