Topic Stats

• 4,107 posts
  • 395 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by wiredoug
  • Topic is favorited by 169 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 755 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

screen-capture-4 (resized).png
73209863_556397155132432_4970388802087419904_n (resized).jpg
Kung Fu Panda (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).PNG
59FF4170-B1EA-4724-9123-195B90D84BC5 (resized).png
letsmakeadeal (resized).jpg
truth (resized).jpg
screen-capture-8 (resized).png
rampage (resized).jpg
59546319_448232989282183_8360119207047725056_n (resized).jpg
IMG_2927 (resized).JPG
Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 7.47.02 pm.png
59546319_448232989282183_8360119207047725056_n (resized).jpg
99D1AA11-1443-414C-A49B-3B3177C76184 (resized).jpeg
59363232_447010972713392_259249182378819584_n (resized).jpg
2102F2C3-3B12-4112-AEFE-6F8EFFF1B965 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 4107 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 83.
#1901 2 years ago
Quoted from pocketscience:

Justify it to yourself all you like - just for a moment though put yourself in his shoes and think about the reality of what happened and then think about the words you use and how they sound.

I completely agree with pocketscience. I find your comments appalling, offensive, and completely outside of any common decency. You are talking about a real person suffering a real loss, not some play on the sports field. Even if you think these horrendous things, you don't need to share every crappy thought that pops into your head on this forum. I don't see it falling anywhere near the "Be nice" guidelines for posting.

#1902 2 years ago

We don't need any more comments on that, I think most agree that there should be no mention of Mike's late wife for any reason, regardless if Mike brings it up. Move on.

#1903 2 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I find your comments appalling, offensive, and completely outside of any common decency. You are talking about a real person suffering a real loss, not some play on the sports field. Even if you think these horrendous things, you don't need to share every crappy thought that pops into your head on this forum.

Look, it was awful that it happened and I can't imagine the pain it must have caused, but it's not a get out of jail free card you just toss around when you're losing an argument. That cheapens what should be a private, personal event to mere spectacle and it cheapens her memory to use it over something as stupid as trying to avoid thanking someone for their hard work.

It's like Rudy Giuliani constantly trotting out 9/11 to make himself look good - it's a cheap sensationalist tactic to trigger people's emotions so they don't think about the issue with their heads. Just let her rest in peace and own your own failings.

#1904 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

It's like Rudy Giuliani constantly trotting out 9/11 to make himself look good

Nice moving on.......

#1905 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

My take (for humor only):
Mike: Can I use your code and/or board design, pretty please?
Ben: No
Mike: Ok! (proceeds to use code and board design anyways)
Ben: Hey I thought I said you couldn't use my stuff, now you are using it and not even crediting me?
Mike: Your code sucks and your design is generic! I had nothing to do with this it was a third party that just conveniently stole your ideas that I asked to use before! I love it! I hate it! I'm using it!
Ben: <facepalm>

That’s actually what happened though.

#1906 2 years ago

righto lets try this one time...

reels (resized).jpg

post (resized).jpg

#1907 2 years ago

Come back to this thread after a little while. Wow!
About 2 pages of post just on planes and their computers?

It is good to see that Mike has started taking on feedback from Pinfest. Probably had to get over the shock of how much their was - As their was plenty, I’d say a result of not having any real pinball players in China to give feedback along the way. Some improvements are simple like this first one above which should result in an instant improvement. Others like Bens system replacement??? will not be simple at all.

Will take a lot of changes for me to want to buy it as I stated in an earlier post. Will review that opinion after playing a finished product. I do own a Hankin Cocktail table which I love, great build and I love the 4 and 8 way button to change my controller for games, I also like his 2 other arcade machines. So I’m not going to right off Mike or Homepin just yet but it may take 2 or 3 more pinball designs before I buy a pin off Homepin.

Do we know who did the playfield design?

#1908 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I love how he trots out the dead wife anytime he gets caught with his pants down.

Classy? No, no, no, no, no!

Quoted from benheck:

I'm willing to bury the hatchet. I just wanted our work to be acknowledged, which it has been.

Classy? Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!

#1909 2 years ago
Quoted from Kombi:

Who worked on the game has been posted somewhere.
But no work had been done by any one with experience designing games

#1910 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

That’s actually what happened though.

No it wasn't... he didn't have to ask permission... he asked ben to contribute to the effort

#1911 2 years ago

let it go.jpg (resized).jpg

#1912 2 years ago
Quoted from Kombi:

Quoted from PopBumperPete:

no work had been done by any one with experience designing games

improving ball times isn't going to matter. that current playfield is pure torture.
people should embrace the quick ball times, walk away, and never come back.

Quoted from jwilson:

the game looks like it doesn't play that great

Quoted from flynnibus:

I don't see TAG being a success anywhere.

#1913 2 years ago

^ well that was constructive..

lets have a look at this instead hey

reels2 (resized).jpg

#1914 2 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

^ well that was constructive..
lets have a look at this instead hey

What's the go here.
Is this another spare part for a common em or is this his second pin?

#1915 2 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

What's the go here.
Is this another spare part for a comnon em or is this his second pin?

mike has previously confirmed they are building "mechanical pinball score reels for an upcoming machine"

I cant comment on the "second pin" bit but its clearly on the dance card.. exciting stuff.

#1916 2 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

well that was constructive..

the playfield needs a redesign or the game is not going to fly.
is that any better?

#1917 2 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

the playfield needs a redesign or the game is not going to fly.
is that any better?

Have you played the game or are you just talking crap??

#1918 2 years ago

Are plastic parts going to hold up to the cycles on a score real? Would they not wear and malfunction? I guess if parts are cheap they could always be rebuilt.

#1919 2 years ago

Ooooook, I haven't read this thread for a over a month and something obviously happened.
Correct me if I'm wrong, to summarize: Homepin used a Ben Heck-design without asking permission or telling anyone about it. People found out (how?) and he got called out on it?

What happened then? Seems like Mr. Heck is willing to let it slide as long he gets credit for it?

#1920 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballkim:

Are plastic parts going to hold up .

current EM score reels have plastic bits already. as you said a factory churning them out means cheap spare parts.. win win

Quoted from aerobert:

What happened then?

please go back and read it if it interests you..
the thread has moved on and and it would be nice to keep it constructive and informative not a soap opera.

#1921 2 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

the playfield needs a redesign

do you have any constructive suggestions? ( i mean like "it would be heaps better if the square bit was round" type stuff not "its crap".

Personally i dont care. Im a tech not a player and I may very likely never play a full game on it. You on the other hand are very vocal so take the stand and list your suggestions ? not insults.. constructive suggestions of what you would do..

#1922 2 years ago

answers:

People found out (how?) .......................... Ben saw it in watching the dmd menu system in videos

and he got called out on it? ...................... Yes but denied and then admitted on AA Forum

What happened then? ............................. Dummy spit on Pinside and de-activated account, then on AA a few people called him out on his attitude so he is having a break from there as well - which is probably good as then get into building games

Seems like Mr. Heck is willing to let it slide as long he gets credit for it? ...................... Mike won't say thanks

#1923 2 years ago

Cheers, I hope Homepin manages to deliver a nice machine with everybody involveds blessing.

Competition in this business is a good thing for all pinball lovers around the world.

#1924 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

answers:
People found out (how?) .......................... Ben saw it in watching the dmd menu system in videos
and he got called out on it? ...................... Yes but denied and then admitted on AA Forum
What happened then? ............................. Dummy spit on Pinside and de-activated account, then on AA a few people called him out on his attitude so he is having a break from there as well - which is probably good as then get into building games
Seems like Mr. Heck is willing to let it slide as long he gets credit for it? ...................... Mike won't say thanks

Not entirely correct. Mike PM'd Ben. In respecting Mike's wishes, I will not post the contents of the message, but I feel this is important to point out. Mike has indeed THANKED Ben for any parts of the machine borrowed from the design. How this occurred unbeknownst to him and the details were explained in the personal message to Ben.

Most importantly, the machines shown at Pinfest were prototypes only and NEVER intended to be sold. They were clearly labelled as such when the machines when shown. The production machines will be vastly different to anything on the market.

Mike has extended an olive branch to Ben and the matter should well and truely be put to rest.

#1926 2 years ago

I don't know about anyone else, but I am excited about the prospect on a new modern take on an EM. If true, and if the idea progresses past proof of concept, then that is exciting stuff. I love the old machines. If the sounds and game style can be re-captured, then the prospect is exciting.

#1927 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballkim:

Are plastic parts going to hold up to the cycles on a score real? Would they not wear and malfunction? I guess if parts are cheap they could always be rebuilt.

The parts look like exact copies of Williams 3 inch score reel parts. Williams made all their score reel parts of nylon plastic and they've held up quite well for being 45 years old.

#1928 2 years ago

Quite a few people will be happy when the topper domes are available, my understanding is that they are the same as WH20/FT

#1929 2 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

...personal massage to Ben.

Oh ...my ...well, that's just going above and beyond there or it could just be a typo

#1930 2 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

Have you played the game or are you just talking crap??

re: gamplay. i have already made observations/conclusions earlier in this thread based on combining the layout photos, gameplay video evidence, and the comments from those who have played it [including top aussie players]. initial impressions - the current table is NOT viable. game needs a facelift.

maybe he can ask Ben if its OK to use some of his layout ideas from AMH.

#1931 2 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

do you have any constructive suggestions?

I wish I did. I would offer them if I saw something I believed could help. not very often when im at a loss for suggestions on pf design, but the issues that I believe exist here do not appear to be quick fixes. go back and read my earlier impressions [3 posts i believe], where i made specific points. in addition to those, its not very interesting when the ball returns from the top of the machine in just two predicatable patterns [rebounding back down the left, and sliding back down the right alley]. as it sits today, the game appears quite congested/restricted.

its unfortunate, but i feel its going to take more than minor adjustments to produce something players will be happy with. some sharp minds are gonna have to work this one over. if the pf/layout wasn't kept a secret for so long, perhaps constructive feedback could have been offered during development and made a difference. at this late/advanced stage, improvements wont be as easy.

#1932 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Oh ...my ...well, that's just going above and beyond there or it could just be a typo

Thanks for spotting that one...lol...error corrected.

#1933 2 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

I wish I did. I would offer them if I saw something I believed could help.

ok thanks then your point stands and is noted.

#1934 2 years ago

another update from FB for those who dont have it. As mr hornet implied would be required.. the boys are back "at the drawing board".

Its nice to see them willing to have a rethink and make changes. Whether they have 'sharp enough minds' isnt for us to say at this stage but they're having a go. gotta appreciate that.

Screen Shot 2017-10-28 at 11.50.57 am (resized).jpg

#1935 2 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

Its nice to see them willing to have a rethink and make changes.

My question is, did no one play this game at the whitewood stage? All the flaws would be well apparent long before you put art down. The fact that they're going backwards is a big red flag. Very JPOP-esque.

#1936 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

My question is, did no one play this game at the whitewood stage? All the flaws would be well apparent long before you put art down. The fact that they're going backwards is a big red flag. Very JPOP-esque.

Well as we know it is their first time. Its obvious they have made mistakes, blunders, errors and outright monumental cockups in the process..

Without dwelling on it, it seems reasonable to suggest that they were focused a little too much on building the actual line ( the machines that make the machines) rather than dwelling on the layout and now they have the dangler but the 'angle of the dangle' is all wrong.

Maybe they didnt get it right first time ( sure doesnt seem that way) but I think its good they have acknowledged the faults and listened to the people who played it at the show and are now going back to 'do it better' instead of saying "well screw it, sorry pre-order guys you lose".. thats a constructive path i think?

Its mike.. dumbass determination will save it in the end.

#1937 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

That’s a real extension of the olive branch there!

#1938 2 years ago

I don't see any representation of the pop bumpers on that CAD drawing, I wonder if they're going to address that problem now.

#1939 2 years ago
Quoted from Thermionic:

I can only imagine the stress and grief of simultaneously burying a wife AND losing the person most crucial to the initial success of a start-up (during the most critical period of R&D no less). I imagine there have been times when it's all been nearly unbearable, and it is probably a contributing factor to some of the more outrageous statements and gruff treatment he has subjected everyone to. I've given a large benefit of the doubt and tried to chalk it all up to this plus a simple deficiency in adequate social skills development, but that just doesn't cut it at this point.
I'd like to think I'm compassionate above all else but even I have my limits, and for him to repeatedly insult an entire nation then proceed to copy the work (ethically no different than outright theft given that Ben declined Mike's request) of one of that nation's best and brightest pinball programmers is just a bridge too far and is unfortunately likely a clear window into his character.

that was 2 years ago and everyone has lost a family member or loved one,it doesnt give you a pass to be an asshole to people afterwards

#1940 2 years ago

anyone else with personal opinion on mike please send him a postcard directly.

This thread is about the games and parts in progress. Constructive comments on the parts and machines are welcome. Constructive negative comments are also welcome. Personal analysis of mike is not the topic.

#1941 2 years ago

Anyone think the game has a chance of getting better with Mike running the company?

Is it true Mike has chosen to do a sequel to Dominos for his next game?

#1942 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Anyone think the game has a chance of getting better with Mike running the company?

How the hell is that constructive? It IS Mike's company!!! Do you think he would sell up just cause of some negative feedback??

#1943 2 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

How the hell is that constructive? It IS Mike's company!!! Do you think he would sell up just cause of some negative feedback??

1) You’re not the king of me.

2) I can point out a number of statements from Mike that are far from constructive. Should I be rooting for his success?

#1944 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

You’re not the king of me

I'm not the king of anyone, not trying to be either. It's been established already that you're not a fan of the machine and probably not Mike either. It's also been established that Mike is gonna continue on with the project despite the negative backlash, although it seems he is taking on board the constructive criticisms and perhaps making changes that will fix issues.

#1945 2 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I'm not the king of anyone, not trying to be either. It's been established already that you're not a fan of the machine and probably not Mike either. It's also been established that Mike is gonna continue on with the project despite the negative backlash, although it seems he is taking on board the constructive criticisms and perhaps making changes that will fix issues.

I feel like he can JPop it all he wants and it will still be a ‘meh’ game. If he truly wants to fix the ‘issues’ he should take a long, hard look in the mirror.

That said, I’m not so emotionally invested in Mike’s success or failure that I need to stick around and beat the proverbial dead horse. I’d wish Mike good luck, but I feel he needs a lot more than that.

#1946 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

answers:

Link to the admission on AA Forum?

That would make this thread more complete.

#1947 2 years ago

I find it hilarious that the only people sticking up for Mike are from Australia and I'd like to see if they buy this game the guy is obviously an amateur and a snake face it..

#1948 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Is it true Mike has chosen to do a sequel to Dominos for his next game?

Now you're just being a troll with comments like that last one.

Quoted from Rascal_H:

I’m not so emotionally invested in Mike’s success or failure that I need to stick around and beat the proverbial dead horse. I’d wish Mike good luck, but I feel he needs a lot more than that.

Bye bye then.

#1949 2 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

anyone else with personal opinion on mike please send him a postcard directly.
This thread is about the games and parts in progress. Constructive comments on the parts and machines are welcome. Constructive negative comments are also welcome. Personal analysis of mike is not the topic.

Look I'm not trying to pick a fight but I respectfully disagree. Mike started his own Homepin official thread because he wanted people to talk about him and his company, adding a subheading of parts and progress doesn't mean people won't post other things in it. By that logic we need a separate thread for game reviews, price discussion, quality control, customer service etc. Pinside would be an absolute mess if that was the case. I can agree that some of the personal attacks have been a little grey, from Mike himself as well by the way, but if you run a company and start your own thread dedicated to said company than your behavior is fair game.

#1950 2 years ago
Quoted from Geddy2112:

I find it hilarious that the only people sticking up for Mike are from Australia and I'd like to see if they buy this game the guy is obviously an amateur and a snake face it..

Because some of us who live in the great land down under, know the man by nature of our associations. You can only make judgements based on words on a page. We on the other hand have broken bread with the man, shared a drink, held a face to face conversation. I think that due to our dealings in person with the man, we understand his idiosyncrasies and can better understand him as a person, rather than him as text on a screen.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Tampa, FL
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 50.00
$ 249.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 239.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 18,500.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 59.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com
There are 4107 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 83.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside