Untitled (resized).png
hplockbar (resized).jpg
hpbuttons (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20200808_121939 (resized).jpg
16178194 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 91.
#1501 6 years ago

I'm not sure whether I like the led strip or not but I don't think it looks right up just one side of the ramp, should be on both sides, up the center ( underneath ) or not have one.

#1503 6 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

» YouTube video

Says the video was removed by the user?

#1504 6 years ago

Love the defenders of the Orange DMD, "you don't look at the dmd while playing" but then it has EL lighting effects on the backbox head.

Because you spend more time looking at the backbox sides than the screen directly in front of you, obviously.

#1505 6 years ago

YouTube is shitting me. Will sort out the issues soon

#1506 6 years ago

So far the game look great! Can't wait to play one! I do agree the LED strip on only one side is odd. I do agree the ship on the right is too big (this will be fixed) ...and where is that twirly nose machine thingy?

#1507 6 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

YouTube is shitting me. Will sort out the issues soon

I must have viewed it just before it disappeared, i like the comment "This is how he gets his high scores"
I really like what i see of the machine so far, perhaps a few small issues to be sorted/changed. The only comment i totally agree with so far is that multi ball should start immediately after the countdown.

#1508 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I do agree the ship on the right is too big (this will be fixed)

I saw that green ship and thought it looked like a cucumber. Then I said, "Pickle Rick!"

Game looks cool and would love to play one some day.

#1509 6 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

I'm not sure whether I like the led strip or not but I don't think it looks right up just one side of the ramp, should be on both sides, up the center ( underneath ) or not have one.

Kind of reminds me what you see on slots in Las Vegas.

Maybe on site, it would attract more people to play as that is why they exist on slots.

556eea7e87aac330f8aff1b9de214f54--comme-strip (resized).jpg556eea7e87aac330f8aff1b9de214f54--comme-strip (resized).jpg

#1510 6 years ago

I think the programmer should integrate the different music blends into the tasks instead of having a "music player" that you change music by hitting the switches on the side. It just seems really disjointed having standalone music not tied to any events.

I'd also remove the center ramp LED strip. Its really a eye sore.

The tracy island mech is brilliant. I could watch that all day.

There are alot of nice elements to the game, if you can make the tasks interesting and the multiballs separate. Why would you have the tracy island (your awesome mech) share the spot light with the 5-4-3-2-1 multiball? Make them both separate tasks.

#1511 6 years ago

Attended Pinfest and pin looks great, but there still seems to be a lot of refinement required. When I asked how long would it be before I got my pin "3-6months".

Looks like the 54321 deposit is also aligned to the timing of how long it will take from deposit to receipt of pin:
5 Years
4 Months
3 Days
2 hours
1 minute

I missed this on the original flyer lol

#1512 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I'll be at your place in 3 weeks, I'll bring some jack.

Wut, how long are you in town for?

#1513 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Wut, how long are you in town for?

Monday 23rd for a couple of weeks. I'll bang you a PM.

rd

#1514 6 years ago

Any other reviews or is that it, must have impressed as it has left people speechless?

#1515 6 years ago

The LED strip looks fine in real life and I don't mind the DMD as I never look at them, about 5 metres away was a WOZ and Hobbitt and I never looked at the television when i played them. Flashing targets are the only thing I look at.

#1516 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Monday 23rd for a couple of weeks. I'll bang you a PM.

Knotts Scary Farm!!!

#1517 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Knotts Scary Farm!!!

It's Elvira's last year performing there. I wish I could have seen her in action

#1518 6 years ago
Quoted from blue95:

The LED strip looks fine in real life.

No, it really doesn't.

#1519 6 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

It's Elvira's last year performing there. I wish I could have seen her in action

I saw Wolfman Jack perform there and catch the theatre on fire.

#1520 6 years ago

I think the game could do with a few more shots. Maybe a few more targets here and there, like on either side of the ramp. You could probably fit a scoop in to the left of the ramp in front of the pop bumper in place of the plastic which is there.

#1521 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

...and where is that twirly nose machine thingy?

It's on the left side of the PF, about a third of the way up from bottom. Saw it in action, along with the hover bike, etc. Had a few games on it and definitely impressed - as noted Mike intends to make a bunch of tweaks - spoke to him about them on Sunday. Still mulling over ordering one. I was really impressed with the artwork in person, and my 10yo thought it was awesome as well - he also beat me on the games we played (for that he walked home! )

#1522 6 years ago

Honestly I thought the game was just meh!

No one even got a ball for more than 20-30 seconds at the most and there seemed to be a lot of bugs associated with game play. Ball save was random and at one stage when it went to auto plunge it fell back into the trough and ended my game.

Overall very very buggy and needs a lot of work imo.

That T2 ship along with the $2 chinese led strip looks like my 4yr did it. The painting and T2 white logo was not good! Middle ramp clunked down into the top lanes and not really a smooth transition. Middle ramp leading into the T2 ship looked huge! Definitely needs to be made smaller as has been suggested.

Backglass however was amazing! The playfield actually looked quite good too. Nice toys and graphics.

Not sure about the protector as it didn't "feel" right when playing.

I had a mild interest in this game as a mate is a massive fan of Thunderbirds but I'm steering him away from it. Will look to buy something else at this stage.

#1523 6 years ago

I can see the critical reviews from those that played it this weekend as spot on, given their comments regarding the game play/layout. if, in addition, the shots weren't panning out/feeling right it appears there's more work to be done than many might have hoped. some reviewers sounded so unhappy that they won't be revisiting this title again.

easy to see the extreme north/south ball movement in the vids as the ball returned to the flippers down the couple of long vertical alleyways. only 4 major vertical shots up the playfield. two lower ones for a total of just 6. the rubbered 'island' [circled in red below the center ramp] appears to present a huge obstacle in the middle of the pf. balls will never be able to move left to right across that area [white line]. appears the same could be said for the area at the base of the T2 ramp which looks to have lips on either side - ball wont be able to move laterally across that area either [white line] whether the ramp is raised [FAB targets up], or lowered. lack of opportunity for lateral movement definitely creates a more pronounced north/south game. need more video, but for now, looks like TAG falls short of expectations built up over a number of years.

tag01 (6)_LI (resized).jpgtag01 (6)_LI (resized).jpg

#1524 6 years ago

I agree based on photos and video the game does need a few more shots and am wondering after watching the rule set video hitting various shots 10-15 times might get a bit old.

Maybe the shot to the left that hooks around to near the pool and pops (FAB1) is a controlled drop target at the end so when the drop is down the shot can then flow around and introduce a kind of orbit shot and still have the drop act as the current static target like for the current rule set for FAB 1.

The art (playfield & backbox) looks much better than was expecting for the theme but the led strip just seems like a non related bling. Maybe some mini leds spaced appropriately so to look like runway lights. The hump ramp is a interesting concept but seemed to be the most common shot in the game so might get a little repetitive as hitting a ramp shot generally gives a feel good feeling when hit.

Good to see some changes will happen and bugs attended to though it does show that it needs to be played by various people playing various strategies will identify bugs etc. and also shows updating a chip to be potentially painful and costly. Stating that people can mess up a usb update upgrade doesn't make sense as more people would be nervous or at risk of stuffing up something in swapping out a chip or taking out a board to be sent away. TNA latest upgrade system seems too easy - turn off, insert usb with new code and turn machine back on and update happens. Wondering if the real concern is stopping someone from possibly hacking and improving the code ????.

also did not notice the palm trees tilting when the runway would appear - was this removed or not working?

also noticed on the mulitball on a few videos that the ball launch in the shooter lane had 2 balls struggling a few times - maybe the timing needs to be slowed down???

#1525 6 years ago

Playfield art not too bad but those palm trees look like a birthday cake decoration.

#1526 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

I can see the critical reviews from those that played it this weekend as spot on, given their comments regarding the game play/layout. if, in addition, the shots weren't panning out/feeling right it appears there's more work to be done than many might have hoped. some reviewers sounded so unhappy that they won't be revisiting this title again.
easy to see the extreme north/south ball movement in the vids as the ball returned to the flippers down the couple of long vertical alleyways. only 4 major vertical shots up the playfield. two lower ones for a total of just 6. the rubbered 'island' [circled in red below the center ramp] appears to present a huge obstacle in the middle of the pf. balls will never be able to move left to right across that area [white line]. appears the same could be said for the area at the base of the T2 ramp which looks to have lips on either side - ball wont be able to move laterally across that area either [white line] whether the ramp is raised [FAB targets up], or lowered. lack of opportunity for lateral movement definitely creates a more pronounced north/south game. need more video, but for now, looks like TAG falls short of expectations built up over a number of years.

To be honest, I dont recall the shot marked as number 4 was actually a shot - from memory it was just the ball return from the hump ramp/top lanes. Is there video of this shot being made? (In which case I don't know why I never made it - maybe no reason to shoot up there??)

#1527 6 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Playfield art not too bad but those palm trees look like a birthday cake decoration.

I like them But I would use them on Gilligan's Island

#1528 6 years ago

one of the 2 games from Pinfest has been relocated to the Pinball Shed, Qld, some nice detailed shots of the game
tag1.jpgtag1.jpgtag2.jpgtag2.jpgtag3.jpgtag3.jpgtag4.jpgtag4.jpgtag5.jpgtag5.jpgtag6.jpgtag6.jpgtag7.jpgtag7.jpgtag8.jpgtag8.jpgtag9.jpgtag9.jpgtag10.jpgtag10.jpg

some protective plastic was still on the playfield plastic, now removed.tag11.jpgtag11.jpg

#1529 6 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

those palm trees look like a birthday cake decoration.

Quoted from oldskool1969:

I would use them on Gilligan's Island

palmtrees01_LI.jpgpalmtrees01_LI.jpg

#1530 6 years ago

ha ha ha mmmmmmmm Maryanne's pineapple cream pie!

#1531 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I dont recall the shot marked as number 4 was actually a shot

#4 definitely feeds the upper loop in the opposite direction of the initial plunge.

rubbers in the upper playfield [red arrows] indicate nothing extra going on from a gameplay standpoint. here you definitely see how the sides of the T2 ramp will limit lateral movement, as mentioned previously. and how does one target those two blue standups under the palm trees on the upper right?

tag03.jpgtag03.jpg

#1532 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

#4 definitely feeds the upper loop in the opposite direction of the initial plunge.

Just watched a couple of vids and didn't see it, but must be possible with the ramp up. Certainly looks possible in the photos.

Thinking this shot will eventually feed a hole below the lanes that feeds the subway to get to the swimming pool thing top left.

#1533 6 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

also noticed on the mulitball on a few videos that the ball launch in the shooter lane had 2 balls struggling a few times - maybe the timing needs to be slowed down???

The switch in the shooter lane was playing up a bit, I believe it was part of the damage caused when the transport company dropped the machines. I think they swapped the switch out of the most damaged machine on Saturday night and got it running better.

#1534 6 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

ha ha ha mmmmmmmm Maryanne's pineapple cream pie!

Uh, that's coconut cream pie.

#1535 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Just watched a couple of vids and didn't see it,

Here at the :53 mark. guy shoots the right most lane, ball loops around, contacts rightmost bumper, which sends it under the T2 ramp back to the rightmost alley. happens rather fast.

#1536 6 years ago
Quoted from blue95:

The switch in the shooter lane was playing up a bit, I believe it was part of the damage caused when the transport company dropped the machines. I think they swapped the switch out of the most damaged machine on Saturday night and got it running better.

easy fix then, which is good

#1537 6 years ago

On that shot of the underside of the playfield can somebody point out where the subways are that this game is supposed to have?

#1538 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

On that shot of the underside of the playfield can somebody point out where the subways are that this game is supposed to have?

Toward the bottom of the pic, over the bright blue coil - the two rails which are feeding the pool mech?

#1539 6 years ago

Nice artwork.

But looks like those metric flipper mechs don't like standard size coils?

Paper wedge (resized).JPGPaper wedge (resized).JPG

#1540 6 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Toward the bottom of the pic, over the bright blue coil - the two rails which are feeding the pool mech?

Still dont know how to access that subway - wasn't implemented on the prototypes at pinfest. Its under T2, but from the front or back?

#1541 6 years ago

Thanks to everyone for sharing the pictures and videos, I am still yet to play this game but all that has been posted has really helped me with my decision for a future pinball purchase.

#1542 6 years ago
Quoted from sparkup:

But looks like those metric flipper mechs don't like standard size coils?

I'm probably missing something here but what exactly are you pointing out in the pic?

#1543 6 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I'm probably missing something here but what exactly are you pointing out in the pic?

The gap between coil stop and coil and the folded up paper or similar shim sticking out the left side. The HP coil on the other flipper is tight.

#1544 6 years ago
Quoted from sparkup:

The gap between coil stop and coil and the folded up paper or similar shim sticking out the left side. The HP coil on the other flipper is tight.

Could be easily fixed with a wave washer or two.

#1545 6 years ago

finally figured out that you have to include a HD tag for 1080p to work....

#1546 6 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I find guitar solos a little odd for the era, but whatever.

Definitely not "whatever" more like "deal-breaker".

The modern metal music kills the theme integration for me -- I'm sound-first on all pinball experiences. My goal is to be transported back to 1966? and stay there while playing this game.

You can hear the good ole movie clip sounds and 60's era instruments like "congos" then it cuts to metal, and it's a bucket of cold water.

Hopefully it's just place holder for now...

-mof

#1547 6 years ago
Quoted from mof:

The modern metal music kills the theme integration for me --

It's exactly what Fox did trying to spark interest with the younger generation when they ran this show on Saturday mornings during the 90s. What I couldn't get past though, was them shortening each episode to half an hour.

#1548 6 years ago

The proof of the machine will be in the response to the issues uncovered and how long it takes.

There being issues and oversights on first showing shouldn't be that unexpected and is excusable.

We've seen numerous times with other machines and companies that issues often take forever to be rectified, or aren't at all whilst their PR line claims otherwise as they desperately try to cover them up and deny that they exist.

Let's hope for a positive response in this instance.

#1549 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It's exactly what Fox did

Yikes, well perhaps it's required, but -- hopefully there's a way to stay in "60's mode" with the sounds.
-mof

#1550 6 years ago

Who's the distro in the US?

There are 4,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 91.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepin-official-thread-pinball-parts-machine-progress/page/31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.