Untitled (resized).png
hplockbar (resized).jpg
hpbuttons (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20200808_121939 (resized).jpg
16178194 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 91.
#1351 6 years ago

So I had to look up "Bogan", and pretty much got it, but asked a mate in Cairns to define.
With my apologies, I mean no offense to anyone.
This is his reply so others might know, as well as to share the diversity between cultures.

In all, at the end Thunderbirds looks amazing! Great work, Mike!

"An Aussie bogan would be be described as a fascinating beast. The majority of the species are hideously repugnant and unintelligent, and yet they manage to breed in ever-increasing numbers and populate an area known as the outer west. It is quite common to find five or six offspring in each family group, often with a different father for each new baby.

Their habitat consists of a weatherboard or brick-veneer dwelling and is characterised by an early-model Holden or Ford in the driveway surrounded by a group of males discussing why the carby is stuffed and the results of last night's footy (a primitive gladiator-like spectator sport enjoyed by most bogans).

The female of the species, while smaller in stature, is far more loud and aggressive than the male. While the males tend to be very friendly and congregate with other males, the females spend most of their time in supermarkets and shopping malls, using a shrill high-pitched call to discipline their children and contact other females.

Males and females rarely interact socially except during breeding season, which is otherwise known as Friday night. During this time, females are allowed to enter the male-dominated area known as "the pub" and display their impressive coloured plumage to a prospective mate.

Herein lies an interesting phenomenon. Males will often fight over a particularly attractive female (pretty rare though) and she will mate with only one male, while some less attractive females have been known to have several partners simultaneously.

Ahhhh. The wonders of nature."

#1352 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

So I had to look up "Bogan", and pretty much got it, but asked a mate in Cairns to define.
With my apologies, I mean no offense to anyone.
This is his reply so others might know, as well as to share the diversity between cultures.
In all, at the end Thunderbirds looks amazing! Great work, Mike!
"An Aussie bogan would be be described as a fascinating beast. The majority of the species are hideously repugnant and unintelligent, and yet they manage to breed in ever-increasing numbers and populate an area known as the outer west. It is quite common to find five or six offspring in each family group, often with a different father for each new baby.
Their habitat consists of a weatherboard or brick-veneer dwelling and is characterised by an early-model Holden or Ford in the driveway surrounded by a group of males discussing why the carby is stuffed and the results of last night's footy (a primitive gladiator-like spectator sport enjoyed by most bogans).
The female of the species, while smaller in stature, is far more loud and aggressive than the male. While the males tend to be very friendly and congregate with other males, the females spend most of their time in supermarkets and shopping malls, using a shrill high-pitched call to discipline their children and contact other females.
Males and females rarely interact socially except during breeding season, which is otherwise known as Friday night. During this time, females are allowed to enter the male-dominated area known as "the pub" and display their impressive coloured plumage to a prospective mate.
Herein lies an interesting phenomenon. Males will often fight over a particularly attractive female (pretty rare though) and she will mate with only one male, while some less attractive females have been known to have several partners simultaneously.
Ahhhh. The wonders of nature."

That definition is pretty funny. Partly right, but it missed out the part where we all wear flanno's and ugg boots. Oh and we call our mates c-nts and woman Sheila’s. lol.

#1353 6 years ago

I guess ther is also a slew of jokes?

A virgin Bogan is a girl who can run faster than her father and brothers.

#1354 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Not you, but some other Florida based pinsiders love to bring politics and religion into the conversation every chance they get. Plus, on several of the local radio stations here, they play a game called Florida/not Florida. You have to guess if the crazy shit went down in Florida or anywhere else.

OMG. California calling Florida crazy. It's hard to type I'm laughing so hard.

#1355 6 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

OMG. California calling Florida crazy. It's hard to type I'm laughing so hard.

I see North Carolina is making a push to join the list.
I'm going to start calling people from
Florida, American Bogans. (The panhandle is their main habitat)

#1356 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I see North Carolina is making a push to join the list.
I'm going to start calling people from
Florida, American Bogans. (The panhandle is their main habitat)

What do you mean "making a push". We have been there a long time and we wear it with pride. You know the saying "it takes one to know one".

#1357 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Bottom line, this forum provides a perfect platform to discuss any issue. Open mic and you control the output. This Mike guy is saying it’s blown out of proportion. So instead of hurling insults and calling people idiots, he can quite simply post quotes of what he said and explain why they are being misinterpreted. It’s really that simple. If it’s truly not that bad, and a total mixup, this is a no-brainer path to clearing up the problem.

No matter what you say... someone will take a slice and twist it how they want and it just keeps snowballing. "selective reading" can't be combated when dealing with emotional topics online. People see what they want and latch onto it.

#1358 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Read for yourself. I don't know why it's such a big secret here to discuss the specifics.

My guess is because this a thread about their game... If you want to talk about that, probably another thread is more appropriate?

Kind of like having a ghostbusters thread bogged down in JT debate.

#1359 6 years ago

A bogan sounds a lot like a redneck

My kind of peeps

#1360 6 years ago

Told the kids we are now bogans...still laughing! My two boys are half American lol

IMG_0149 (resized).JPGIMG_0149 (resized).JPG

#1361 6 years ago

I was interested in machine progress..time to unfavorite this tread.

#1362 6 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

What do you mean "making a push". We have been there a long time and we wear it with pride. You know the saying "it takes one to know one".

Well, looking at your Avatar, it appears you and your significant other still have all of your teeth. So, that kind of works against your claim.

#1363 6 years ago

Gameplay videos? Game progress ? Or did a bunch of jerks high jack this thread?

#1364 6 years ago
Quoted from smiley:

I was interested in machine progress..time to unfavorite this tread

Ditto

#1365 6 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

That's what we all want. Games will be setup to play this Sat. Not sure if we can video but I'm sure a video won't be far behind release. Mike prob has to wait for final approval which should be soon!

Yes...thread was taken over by "insert your own words" jealous trolls!

#1366 6 years ago

All this nonsense and still no playfield shot....ugh

#1367 6 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Lets hope Homopin can deliver to us in the good ol Usa !

#1368 6 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Not fully approved and partly obscured by text, but this is the best you will get until next weekend. I think it looks fantastic. Jam packed and colourful art package that looks great.

IMG_6600 (resized).JPGIMG_6600 (resized).JPG

#1369 6 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Then get out of my thread. Your idiotic comment is exactly why I don't bother here anymore.
Drain the thread and go away - simple really.
I'm astounded that some can "make a decision" based on bullshit, hearsay and Pinside comments.
You do not know the full story, you don't know what was said, you didn't hear what was said and you have no idea in what context ANYTHING was said - if at all.
Some (like you) need to grow up.
Some here act like 12yo schoolgirls listening to gossip.

Mike, For those of us unaffected by this drama, will your products be available to us here in the states?

If so, factory direct or distro?

#1370 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Dude, just stop talking. Nothing to be gained from this. Did you spend a large part of your childhood growing up in Florida or something?

Nope. Even the meth heads in parts of Florida have more tact and common sense then this Neanderthal. It’s great he can use cheap labor to bang out a game in 5 years but it doesn’t make him any less a horrible human being.

#1371 6 years ago
Quoted from Drenden:

a horrible human being.

Spoken like a true righteous one.

#1372 6 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

will your products be available to us here in the states?
If so, factory direct or distro?

He stated there will be a distro... but couldn't comment on whom yet... Post 593 and 598

#1373 6 years ago

Never mind, too soon

#1374 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Spoken like a true righteous one.

Never claimed to be righteous but I’m not a racist homophobe using the excuse of “societal norms” where he comes from making it just peachy to denigrate people.

Sorry but that’s a comical response to being called out for being horrid.

That’s the same excuse you give a police officer when he tags you for speeding on the highway. Officer, everyone else was going the same speed. Obviously the officer lets you go with that excuse. </sarcasm>

#1375 6 years ago

I don't know why you guys continue to force the issue. It's known what was said, why it was said, and Homepin has already issued a response.

Beating this into the ground isn't going to make anybody more aware or change anything.

So can this thread get back on topic now and stay there?

#1376 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So can this thread get back on topic now and stay there?

laughing girl.giflaughing girl.gif

#1377 6 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Yes there are (private) game play vids. Yes, it looks awesome. Not long now folks - Pinfest is this weekend!

#1378 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

laughing girl.gif

Is that Mila Kunis?! I love Mila Kunis! A wonderful actor and she does the voice for Meg on Family Guy to boot!

Oops ... I'm getting off topic. Uh .. er ... it would be cool if she's featured in Thunderbirds.

#1379 6 years ago
Quoted from pocketscience:

Yes there are (private) game play vids. Yes, it looks awesome. Not long now folks - Pinfest is this weekend!

Is there just.

#1380 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Is there just.

There was no question mark, but I'm answering anyway.

A: Yup.

#1381 6 years ago

There was no question mark, but I'm answering anyway.
A: Yup.

Your not going to share with us?

#1382 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Your not going to share with us?

Sorry, Mike asked it be kept private. I believe he asked the same of some others as well. I don't have an NDA with Mike, but he's bought me beer in China so that's pretty close to an NDA in my books. Not long to wait now...

#1383 6 years ago

Sorry, Mike asked it be kept private. I believe he asked the same of some others as well. I don't have an NDA with Mike, but he's bought me beer in China so that's pretty close to an NDA in my books. Not long to wait now...

Well pinside will have to wait till Saturday to see video of it

#1384 6 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

That AA forum is called backyarders for a reason.. bunch of bogans who know jack about arcade games and its a pack mentality over there. Such a bad reputation in the industry i hear ...

Yet you still took the time to copy the usernames and entire threads from it to make your forum australianarcade look like someone uses it. Anyone looking through the wealth of information in both the pinball and arcade sections would see it is a very valuable resource. A lot of helpful people too.

Quoted from Wakky:

Lets hope Homopin can deliver to us in the good ol Usa !

Why are you saying this when you live in Australia John Power??

#1385 6 years ago

How did he get banned for that comment? I'm hoping for one of those put it together yourself kits myself.

#1386 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

How did he get banned for that comment? I'm hoping for one of those put it together yourself kits myself.

Now there's a great idea... a Thunderbirds kit pin. Would be a fun project!

#1387 6 years ago

I'll have to see if we can get some sneaky previews on Friday night

#1388 6 years ago

You will all get this thread back on topic..

IMG_5783 (resized).JPGIMG_5783 (resized).JPG

#1389 6 years ago

The video is cool, but mostly of the view of the game is blocked by the player...it is very cool to hear the sound and see the dots, but tough to get a grasp on the package as a whole
..we did not sign a NDA, Mike just asked us not to share...honestly I am suprised no one has leaked it publicly.
THUNDERBIRDS ARE A GO!!

#1390 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

The video is cool,

you arent talking about the same video.

#1391 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

You will all get this thread back on topic..

Villains have one hell of a look!, Even in Puppets!

Thunderbirds was on WPIX in NY in the 60's, so Im excited for the reveal!

I cant help but see that pic, and my current villain favorite, from Preacher.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1392 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I think homepin is now my favorite pinball company.
I like guys that tell it like it is and don't sugarcoat anything.

And how is it, exactly?

#1393 6 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

you arent talking about the same video.

Yup.

#1394 6 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

And how is it, exactly?

1x1hwy (resized).jpg1x1hwy (resized).jpg

#1396 6 years ago

I get a 404 error.

#1397 6 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

I get a 404 error.

I'm getting the error as well but I came back to watch it a second time. The link worked about an hour ago.

#1398 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

I'm getting the error as well but I came back to watch it a second time. The link worked about an hour ago.

Looks like it was deleted...

#1399 6 years ago

Video was just over a minute of gameplay. It looks like it shoots well, I was a little dubious looking the screenshot of the playfield on how it would flow, but from the short video it looks a lot of fun. Only negative would be that the call outs are sparse. however as this is not a complete and approved game, can't really judge at this point. Also not sure if it was the angle of the camera but you couldn't see the drop bank behind the raised right ramp, it would be a pity if this was the case when you playing.

Overall this short tease really lifted my interest in this game. In Australia this game will sell for around 20% less then a Stern pro $6500 vs $8300 almost $2000 less. That's a big difference, in this market. If the code has some depth and polish and the table shoots well I would really consider it as an option. Should be a winner for the Australian and Europe markets, which have been hit hard by the stronger US dollar over the last 3 or so years. Also the theme is more relevant in these markets.

There should be a lot of info and media dropping this week, with the machines debut at pinfest down under.

#1400 6 years ago

I watched it right after the link went up. I was surprised when there weren't a bunch of posts talking about it. Now I know why. Nothing too exciting. The player was not very good.

There are 4,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 91.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepin-official-thread-pinball-parts-machine-progress/page/28?hl=hassanchop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.