Untitled (resized).png
hplockbar (resized).jpg
hpbuttons (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20200808_121939 (resized).jpg
16178194 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 91.
#1301 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Dude, just stop talking. Nothing to be gained from this. Did you spend a large part of your childhood growing up in Florida or something?

Whats up with Florida? Did I/we piss you off?

#1302 6 years ago

So we all just want to leave it alone and talk about the pinball. It's ok because it's his culture and not a big deal. Heck he's our favorite guy in pinball now because he tells it how it is. Fair enough. Not one of you has used the words that he is accused of and admitted to using in any of your posts. So if it's no big deal use them. I dare each of you that has stated that it's not an issue or not a big deal to type the words and see how fast you get banned. I'll wait, but I doubt one of you will take me up on the dare.

#1303 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

I dare each of you that has stated that it's not an issue or not a big deal to type the words and see how fast you get banned.

Can you please show us where he posted those words on this forum? This forum will ban you if you fart in the wrong direction.

#1304 6 years ago

I read the thread on AA and this is getting blown out of proportion. Kaneda was trolling him as he does and he got a response which is now getting blown out of proportion. Kaneda must be loving this.

Can't wait for the reveal!

#1305 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Cheers Mates! Chill out and have a beer with me.
At the Rustic. Very cool place

You call that beer More like water.... he he he. I'd take you on that. Beer is beer after all.

#1306 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Can you please show us where he posted those words on this forum? This forum will ban you if you fart in the wrong direction.

He didn't post them in this forum and you know it. Doesn't mean he didn't say them or write them. As far as I can tell all he's done on this forum is not apologize and tell everyone who is offended by him that they are an idiot, a twerp, and to crawl back into a hole and shut up. Perfectly ok for him to say that btw. So go ahead o-din write the words down in your post. Clearly you don't think it's an issue yet no one seem to want to prove it. Actions speak louder than words my friend. You have a handful of words to choose from take the one you find the least offensive a write it.

#1307 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

So go ahead o-din write the words down in your post.

No way dude. I've received ban threats and too many moderation notices already. Last one being for making a joke about a blow up doll.

I like being on pinside so I am learning how to self censor myself so I don't end up offending the overly sensitive types that reside here.

Anyway, I think it's time to get back to Thunderbird Are Go!

#1308 6 years ago

I agree, I'm done posting on the topic. I've made my feelings on the matter pretty clear and if you guys want to talk about the pin on it's own merit more power to you all. I hope everyone gets the pin that they want. No hard feelings to anyone that I've disagreed with.

#1309 6 years ago

Let Mike set the record straight on what was said and in what context etc, until then let's get this thread back on topic in.....

IMG_5733.GIFIMG_5733.GIF

#1310 6 years ago

ea3230c5f3305a2f2e6838b488d48d12b351a526f64eba190c37eb0ec065b052 (resized).jpgea3230c5f3305a2f2e6838b488d48d12b351a526f64eba190c37eb0ec065b052 (resized).jpg

#1311 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

You call that beer More like water.... he he he. I'd take you on that. Beer is beer after all.

Note the tequila on the shelf and craft beers on tap! No Miller Lite for me either

#1312 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

So we all just want to leave it alone and talk about the pinball. It's ok because it's his culture and not a big deal. Heck he's our favorite guy in pinball now because he tells it how it is. Fair enough. Not one of you has used the words that he is accused of and admitted to using in any of your posts. So if it's no big deal use them. I dare each of you that has stated that it's not an issue or not a big deal to type the words and see how fast you get banned. I'll wait, but I doubt one of you will take me up on the dare.

You make a good point here. Mike at Homepin is saying this a big keyboard blow up and misinterpretation. I haven’t seen the threads at AA... but if they’re that innocent, he should copy and paste them here and explain what the confusion is. If someone was misinterpreting what I said/wrote, that’s exactly what I’d do.

#1313 6 years ago

Id like to share a perspective.

Have any of you had a position taken, blown out of proportion, and then had podcasts
or youtube videos about you that produces a large amount of emails and crap, that even when explained, it doesnt end it or isnt believed?
Ive had it happen twice to me, and I cant begin to tell you how I felt. Its a new feeling, that I never wish to experience again.

#1314 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Id like to share a perspective.
Have any of you had a position taken, blown out of proportion, and then had podcasts
or youtube videos about you that produces a large amount of emails and crap, that even when explained, it doesnt end it or isnt believed?
Ive had it happen twice to me, and I cant begin to tell you how I felt. Its a new feeling, that I never wish to experience again.

Bottom line, this forum provides a perfect platform to discuss any issue. Open mic and you control the output. This Mike guy is saying it’s blown out of proportion. So instead of hurling insults and calling people idiots, he can quite simply post quotes of what he said and explain why they are being misinterpreted. It’s really that simple. If it’s truly not that bad, and a total mixup, this is a no-brainer path to clearing up the problem.

I, for one, don’t have any tolerance for ignorance. But I’m not the kind of person that writes someone off based on misunderstandings and misinterpretations - that happens.

From what I can tell, someone is accusing him of using the N word in a derogatory way... and disparaging homosexuals. Is this true? I don’t know... but rather than dodging and throwing flames, man up and be honest about what was said, what wasn’t said, and why it’s being blown out of proportion. Total no brainer and eliminates any ambiguity.

#1315 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

You make a good point here. Mike at Homepin is saying this a big keyboard blow up and misinterpretation. I haven’t seen the threads at AA... but if they’re that innocent, he should copy and paste them here and explain what the confusion is. If someone was misinterpreting what I said/wrote, that’s exactly what I’d do.

Someone grabbed a bunch and posted it here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepin-official-thread-pinball-parts-machine-progress/page/24#post-3990252

Read for yourself. I don't know why it's such a big secret here to discuss the specifics.

#1316 6 years ago

Kind of leaves me with a feeling of half knowing what the problem is. I take serious issue with his anti-American stance, though. Just not amusing.

#1317 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I think homepin is now my favorite pinball company

Aye yi yi

#1318 6 years ago

Yeah well, Williams doesn't make pinball machines anymore.

#1319 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yeah well, Williams doesn't make pinball machines anymore.

Does homepin? As far as I can tell, they have haven’t shipped diddly squat.

#1320 6 years ago

From what I understand they have shipped some to an upcoming show.

#1321 6 years ago

And let's just say I'm not a fan of this everything has to be family friendly and politically correct attitude especially when it comes to pinball.

#1322 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

From what I understand they have shipped some to an upcoming show.

So has Dutch.

Quoted from o-din:

And let's just say I'm not a fan of this everything has to be family friendly and politically correct attitude especially when it comes to pinball.

#1323 6 years ago

Honestly, I don't think explaining the situation will make much of a difference to those expressing significant angst at the use of the words used. It would just give them more to take issue with as it is likely they believe there is never an appropriate use of those words. [Note: I agree, but also recognize that my American views don't always fit in all parts of the world. And I guess I am also willing to give Mike the benefit of the doubt with an assumption that he didn't mean to denigrate a group of people even if he used words that many find denigrating.]

From a pure public relations perspective I'd estimate that the best thing that could happen is if Mike would apologize for using the terms and comment that he is working on removing them from his vocabulary (and then actually attempt to do that). Short and simple with no details or explanation...

Back on topic... I'm amazed at what Mike has accomplished, look forward to seeing more about the game and its development (hint hint), and wish him success.

#1324 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

There are some folks - especially here on Pinside - that clearly carry a Get Out of Jail Free card. It's one of the reasons Pinside has spiraled into its toxic state...

Thus the reason the IGNORE feature works so darn well. I'm seeing alot of ignored user posts here.

#1325 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Who said anything about family friendly? Seems like the topic is about bigotry and bias... at least from what I can tell. Huge differences

#1326 6 years ago

No, this topic is about Homepin parts and machine progress, and my comment was in regards to Mike's last few comments in this thread. I like the fact that he shows no need to kiss anyone's ass or apologize to anyone.

#1327 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

No, this topic is about Homepin parts and machine progress, and my comment was in regards to Mike's last few comments in this thread. I like the fact that he shows no need to kiss anyone's ass or apologize to anyone.

#1328 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Whats up with Florida? Did I/we piss you off?

Not you, but some other Florida based pinsiders love to bring politics and religion into the conversation every chance they get. Plus, on several of the local radio stations here, they play a game called Florida/not Florida. You have to guess if the crazy shit went down in Florida or anywhere else.

#1329 6 years ago

Havent heard of the game show.....but Id love to hear it.

Florida is diversified to the extant that it sometimes feels like 5 different states!

But Ill confess, consider yourself lucky, because thats mostly what I tend to talk about!
(But stress the point of listening, and not judging....its OK to disagree)

#1331 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

That AA forum is called backyarders for a reason.. bunch of bogans who know jack about arcade games and its a pack mentality over there. Such a bad reputation in the industry i hear ...

#1332 6 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

bunch of bogans

#1333 6 years ago

lol some dude who hasnt posted in two months logged in just to troll you mike.. you must be doing something right

#1334 6 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

That AA forum is called backyarders for a reason.. bunch of bogans who know jack about arcade games and its a pack mentality over there. Such a bad reputation in the industry i hear ...

#1335 6 years ago

sire the bogans are revolting

#1336 6 years ago

I must admit, I haven't been called a bogan for a while. Thanks for the laugh. I needed that.

#1337 6 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

sire the bogans are revolting

I need a good clean....ohhh that revolting

#1338 6 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

bogan (resized).jpgbogan (resized).jpg

#1339 6 years ago

I would like to have a few acres there myself, then I could feel right at home next time I'm down under.

#1340 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I would like to have a few acres there myself, then I could feel right at home next time I'm down under.

Yep O-din old chum, you drink enough Jack Daniels a week to earn honorary Bogan status.

rd

#1341 6 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Not buying from that guy, I am not supporting people liked him

Then don't. Simple choice.

#1342 6 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:Deleted post

Hmm
"
That AA forum is called backyarders for a reason.. bunch of bogans who know jack about arcade games and its a pack mentality over there. Such a bad reputation in the industry i hear ."

So you get offended regarding generalisations in your first post and then do the exact same thing in the next.
Well done.

#1343 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I haven’t seen the threads at AA... but if they’re that innocent, he should copy and paste them here and explain what the confusion is.

As a moderator, I disagree. I don't want disputes starting on Aussie forums spreading here.

It's 8 am on a sunday morning here, and the first thing I am doing is opening this thread to see how it goes... I don't want to have to read first AA or listen to some podcast before knowing what to moderate here.

So please keep this discussion on topic (Homepin and Thunderbirds...). If you do not agree with some moderation (or lack of) open a mod feedback thread or report inappropriate posts. I am not following this thread closely (or rather, I was not ) so do not expect instant moderation or instant answers.

Understand this is an international forum - we have to navigate between different cultures...

Quoted from rotordave:

Yep O-din old chum, you drink enough Jack Daniels a week to earn honorary Bogan status.

Can I qualify too with red wine and Brandy?

#1344 6 years ago

HOMEPIN threads are better than GAME OF THRONES or any TV drama. I am addicted.
More entertaining and free!

The beer n bundy swilling bogan

#1345 6 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Yes, but you would have to use le nom "Bauguin"

#1346 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

What do you get with a bogan american.

#1347 6 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

No way!

That's way too fancy-pants for Bogan status.

True bogans drink:
Jack Daniels
Jim Beam
Cheap generic beer (lots of it)

Then drive drunk to the "bottle-o" for more booze! Rinse and repeat!

rd

#1348 6 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

HOMEPIN threads are better than GAME OF THRONES or any TV drama. I am addicted.
More entertaining and free!

The beer n bundy swilling bogan

I find loads of threads on pinside are better then most drama tv shows!

#1349 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

What do you get with a bogan american.

A garage full of wood rails?

rd

#1350 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

No way!
That's way too fancy-pants for Bogan status.
True bogans drink:
Jack Daniels
Jim Beam
Cheap generic beer (lots of it)
Then drive drunk to the "bottle-o" for more booze! Rinse and repeat!

rd

You forgot XXXX, VB, Bundy Rum. Oh, and let’s not forget Goon and my favourite, Passion Pop.

There are 4,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 91.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepin-official-thread-pinball-parts-machine-progress/page/27?hl=chancekj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.