Untitled (resized).png
hplockbar (resized).jpg
hpbuttons (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20200808_121939 (resized).jpg
16178194 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 91.
#1251 6 years ago

Photo appears to be oversaturated, but it's a lot more colourful than i was expecting.

#1252 6 years ago

Here is Mike's Homepin presentation from Vancouver FlipOut 2017. This session was recorded on September 23rd. Enjoy!

#1253 6 years ago

Based off the DMD animations in a previous video Im thinking one of the ramps will raise to expose another shot, maybe the ramp below the ship? Could be that center shot though, cant make out much in that area with the word blockage

#1254 6 years ago

I do recall alot of people giving Mike shit when he started this project. While he has been slow and steady alot of companies have crashed and burned. Goes to show that resilience and patience pays off. Cant wait to see a live stream of this game.

#1255 6 years ago

Not buying from that guy, I am not supporting people liked him

#1256 6 years ago

This game is really shaping up nicely.

#1257 6 years ago

Over the past many years, Mike has spent endless hours on Aussie Arcade and here on Pinside helping others with their pinball problems and sharing his knowledge. In doing this, he has never asked whether or not those people were homosexual, indigenous, African American, Christian, Muslim or Jewish when he helped them. He has always been willing to help the pinball community with technical problems, provide good service with his Homepin replacement boards, and all that regardless of gender, race and sexual preference.

Yes, Mike can be politically incorrect at times, but he has always been honest, and that is more than can be said for many others that have tried and failed to deliver on their promises.

I feel privileged that I will be at Pinfest Australia next weekend and be one of the first people to play Thunderbirds. I'm sure there will be some footage to share. Thunderbirds Are Go!

#1259 6 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

...In doing this, he has never asked whether or not those people were homosexual, indigenous, African American, Christian, Muslim or Jewish when he helped them. He has always been willing to help the pinball community with technical problems, provide good service with his Homepin replacement boards, and all that regardless of gender, race and sexual preference.

This almost makes it sound like Mike deserves some award for this. Sexual preference, religion, etc is really nobody's business but their own.

Quoted from PinSinner:

Yes, Mike can be politically incorrect at times, but he has always been honest, and that is more than can be said for many others that have tried and failed to deliver on their promises.

Political correctness has nothing to do with this; it's a matter of decency and restraint. I don't consider myself a politically correct person, but I don't go out of my way to call people offensive names just because I can. I was raised a little better than that.

At the end of the day, its his business and he can run it anyway he wants. People will vote with their wallets. Regardless, I'm interested to see Thunderbirds in action, modes, etc., and thought it was interesting how Mike discussed the possibility of an Ice Cold Beer remake in his seminar, now that would be cool! It's definitely an interesting time to be in this hobby...

-Doug

#1260 6 years ago

Don't care about Thunderbirds. Would be all over an ice cold beer remake though.

#1261 6 years ago

NEVER would i buy a pin from this guy.

Just like all the other BS we see happening today. Nope, not gonna buy.

#1262 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

NEVER would i buy a pin from this guy.
Just like all the other BS we see happening today. Nope, not gonna buy.

Then get out of my thread. Your idiotic comment is exactly why I don't bother here anymore.

Drain the thread and go away - simple really.

I'm astounded that some can "make a decision" based on bullshit, hearsay and Pinside comments.

You do not know the full story, you don't know what was said, you didn't hear what was said and you have no idea in what context ANYTHING was said - if at all.

Some (like you) need to grow up.

Some here act like 12yo schoolgirls listening to gossip.

#1263 6 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Then get out of my thread. Your idiotic comment is exactly why I don't bother here anymore.
Drain the thread and go away - simple really.
I'm astounded that some can "make a decision" based on bullshit, hearsay and Pinside comments.
You do not know the full story, you don't know what was said, you didn't hear what was said and you have no idea in what context ANYTHING was said - if at all.
Some (like you) need to grow up.
Some here act like 12yo schoolgirls listening to gossip.

See above

That's partly why, along with your anti USA sentiment years ago

I have ZERO concern about whatever the K issue is.

It's about years ago that you took a knee and said F you USA consumers. Horrendously stupid imo.

My choice, good luck with it

Sell it to China

#1264 6 years ago

You need to just start a NON USA thread. What a F ing joke.

Great business model.

#1265 6 years ago

I wish I knew what the hell was going on in this thread. All I can see is "ignored user post" throughout. Ha! Keeping fighting the good fight Mike.

"At the end of life we will not be judged by how many diplomas we have received, how much money we have made, how many great things we have done. We will be judged by I was hungry, and you gave me something to eat, I was naked and you clothed me. I was homeless, and you took me in."

#1266 6 years ago

Just peeked in looking for a update - be right back with some popcorn!

#1267 6 years ago

I was wondering how long it would take for Mike to respond. Way to take the high road man.

#1268 6 years ago

Ya know...it's true....if you don't like it here...don't post here...if you don't want to buy Thundrbirds...don't!...no need for drama...plenty more to see elsewhere....

#1269 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Ya know...it's true....if you don't like it here...don't post here...if you don't want to buy Thundrbirds...don't!...no need for drama...plenty more to see elsewhere....

Hey buddy, this is pinside...theres no room for logic and reason here...you take your common sense somewhere else!

#1270 6 years ago

....I forgot! It's the damn tequila!

#1271 6 years ago
Quoted from Mar:

This is not true at all. It all depends who you hang around and where, just like any other country. The big cities are generally more tolerant and lean toward equality and acceptance. Country areas not so much. It all comes down to education and association - you don't see minorities as different when you work and drink with them every day.
As a long time member of Aussie Arcade I can only cringe at what I have seen in that thread, and can say my eyes have been opened. I had always suspected there was an underbelly of intolerance, but that thread has made it plain as day. Sad to see the moderators backing the horrible comments too. It's legitimately embarrassing for the millions of Australians, and hurtful for the millions who are targeted with racisms and homophobia every day.

The U.S. is the same. People from Florida and Texas especially, have their "opinions" on things and love to spout them.

#1272 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Maybe if we bury our heads in the sand when we come up for air people will treat one another with respect and equality. I like the way you think. Thunderbirds looks like a real nice pin let's just keep talking about that and just ignore everything else.

#1273 6 years ago

I think the machine is looking great.

I find it sad that a man can do great work for a lot of years and receive praise for it and never have any trouble with the law, but if he has one slip of the tongue or says something that offends somebody or somebody that thinks they are defending somebody elses feelings, there are those that would chose to forget any good he has done, and crucify him on the spot. And expect everybody else to do the same. I believe it's called the holier than thou complex.

#1274 6 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

Based off the DMD animations in a previous video Im thinking one of the ramps will raise to expose another shot, maybe the ramp below the ship? Could be that center shot though, cant make out much in that area with the word blockage

That right ramp is actually like 3 shots. There is a 3 bank drop targets underneath the ramp. FAB. Then the ramp goes down (like jackbot i guess) and you can make the shot.

At some stage a divertor pops out and you can lock balls under Tracy island.
Pretty cool stuff. Jam packed pinball compared to other offerings.
All this info is from our podcast when I asked Mike about it in our interview. I have no idea how far in it is haha.
http://www.head2headpinball.com/2017/09/11/episode-8-mike-kalinowski-from-homepin-interview/

The most interesting thing for me which I don't think i have ever seen before is the skill shot. Don't want to spoil the surprise as so much stuff is being shown before Pinfest in Australia. Which is only a week away

#1275 6 years ago

Funny how nobody ever complained about the Guns N Roses pinball machine or said they wouldn't buy it because the band used those exact same words in their song lyrics. And that has never even been discussed on this forum.

I'd even wager that some that say they won't buy Thunderbirds because of that actually own GnR or GnR albums . lol.

#1276 6 years ago

NOTE: Some elements of the following topper are not yet approved by the licence owner.

#1277 6 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

NOTE: Some elements of the following topper are not yet approved by the licence owner.
» YouTube video

Holy shit..that's cool man.

#1278 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

That right ramp is actually like 3 shots. There is a 3 bank drop targets underneath the ramp. FAB. Then the ramp goes down (like jackbot i guess) and you can make the shot.

So, drop targets under a ramp? Is that a first for pinball?

#1279 6 years ago

Wow. So a dude is smart enough to realize what would result in the biggest success in pinball today, and that is reasonably priced manufacturing. He works really hard for a long time to make that success happen. But is so married to his bigotry, he'd rather blow his dreams up (with nearly guaranteed success if the price point was low enough) rather than be a decent human being. And then has the audacity to say the problem is all because the United States isn't as bigoted as it should be, like he is.

That is really something there.

The dude just lost 99% of his possible sales, everywhere. Shut it down, dude. You failed.

#1280 6 years ago
Quoted from kirkgun:

The dude just lost 99% of his possible sales, everywhere. Shut it down, dude. You failed.

Mike will not have any trouble selling quite a few games...I wonder what his second title will be?

#1281 6 years ago

Sometimes it feels like some posts have come from something else.....hmmmm.

#1282 6 years ago
Quoted from kirkgun:

Wow. So a dude is smart enough to realize what would result in the biggest success in pinball today, and that is reasonably priced manufacturing. He works really hard for a long time to make that success happen. But is so married to his bigotry, he'd rather blow his dreams up (with nearly guaranteed success if the price point was low enough) rather than be a decent human being. And then has the audacity to say the problem is all because the United States isn't as bigoted as it should be, like he is.
That is really something there.

You are an idiot

#1283 6 years ago
Quoted from kirkgun:

Where did you get this stat?

#1284 6 years ago

It's simply amazing how the keyboard commandos seem to think that what they say is gold...

Sorry you sad people --- you lose.....

Reality is that I will be in Newcastle Australia (yes, there are places outside the USA that really exist) next week and we will have a huge attendance and - - - well, let's see what REALITY has to say after that.

(PS: thanks for the support from the "normal" people around here)

#1285 6 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

It's simply amazing how the keyboard commandos seem to think that what they say is gold...
Reality is that I will be in Newcastle Australia (yes, there are places outside the USA that really exist) next week and we will have a huge attendance and - - - well, let's see what REALITY has to say after that.
Until then how about you naysayers just crawl back into your little holes and shut up!
Hahahaha you sad little twerps!

It's hard for me to imagine Gary Stern calling a potential customer a sad little twerp.

#1286 6 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

It's hard for me to imagine Gary Stern calling a potential customer a sad little twerp.

If Gary were to be active on Pinside and hang out in the many Stern bashing threads for a few years, you can bet that he would be dropping F bombs and calling people much worse than sad little twerps. That's why he doesn't come on pinside and bans any of his staff from doing so as well. The temptation is simply too great especially after you have poured your heart and passion into something then have some ass hat say that you suck and that you should retire.

#1287 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Sometimes it feels like some posts have come from something else.....hmmmm.

Yeah, accounts being hacked everywhere. That username hadn't posted anything for 2 yrs before then. Sad.

#1288 6 years ago

Sounds like the code will be finished,thanks to a genius who had the misfortune of being unemployable elsewhere. I like the non USB updating/ repair, simple and old school. The features and toys sound ample and fun. I promised myself a NIB one day, this is at the top of the list unless Bruce Lee is indeed built. Hope these become available in the US. The price seems good too.
I worked at a multi-national Company, all cultures have nuance of speech that can get colorful, no worries there.

#1289 6 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Reality is that I will be in Newcastle Australia (yes, there are places outside the USA that really exist)

Real nice stereotype.

#1290 6 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Until then how about you naysayers just crawl back into your little holes and shut up!

Dude, just stop talking. Nothing to be gained from this. Did you spend a large part of your childhood growing up in Florida or something?

#1291 6 years ago

Lmao, banned from klov, pinside and now the Aussie forums. Special K is his own worst enemy.

#1292 6 years ago
Quoted from GetTheJackpot:

Lmao, banned from klov, pinside and now the Aussie forums. Special K is his own worst enemy.

I did find that funny. It was only a matter of time.

#1293 6 years ago

Ive found it really interesting to watch how forums choose to moderate themselves on what is considered acceptable content and by whom.

#1294 6 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Been following Thunderbirds from the inception and it looks promising.

What I can't get my head around, is a business owner alienating all potential USA customers. Of course there are people who are going to wind people up on forums but this kind of response is just nuts.

There are 350 million people in USA and because a few people have had a pop, then everyone is tarred with the same brush? Black and white thinking at it's craziest

#1295 6 years ago
Quoted from GetTheJackpot:

The best part is that he TRULY can't understand why he keeps getting banned.

#1296 6 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

The best part is that he TRULY can't understand why he keeps getting banned.

He knows... and we all know.

He does have a point, however: there is a clear double standard and the rules aren't applied evenly across the board. There are some folks - especially here on Pinside - that clearly carry a Get Out of Jail Free card. It's one of the reasons Pinside has spiraled into its toxic state... and one of the primary reasons so many of the amazing voices that were part of the Pinside community years ago have chosen to leave.

#1297 6 years ago

I am excited about this pin. How can I preorder so I get the topper?? Is there a USA distributor?

#1298 6 years ago

Cheers Mates! Chill out and have a beer with me.

At the Rustic. Very cool place

IMG_6658 (resized).JPGIMG_6658 (resized).JPG

#1299 6 years ago

I think homepin is now my favorite pinball company.

I like guys that tell it like it is and don't sugarcoat anything.

#1300 6 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Mike I have been following your progress for a while now with Thunderbirds, I am not a member of the Aussie Forums so I don't know exactly what has gone on regarding Kaneda and comments you may or may have not have made in or out of any context.

And although I appreciate you don't care what others think, it would probably be beneficial if you set the record straight and put said comments in the correct context they where said in, regardless if people agree or disagree with your views/comments, allowing your potential customers to know exactly what was said gives them the ability to at least forum their opinion on facts and not hearsay.

There are 4,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 91.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepin-official-thread-pinball-parts-machine-progress/page/26?hl=plumber802 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.