New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 172723)

Homepin OFFICIAL Thread - Pinball Parts & Machine Progress

By Homepin

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4,311 posts
  • 401 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 77 days ago by wiredoug
  • Topic is favorited by 166 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 769 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20200808_121939 (resized).jpg
16178194 (resized).jpg
taiwanmike (resized).jpg
4D4A3346-0315-415D-B99B-68DA9933C456 (resized).jpeg
inside (resized).jpg
outside (resized).jpg
84584653_635900340515446_416112507699068928_o (resized).jpg
2DCC7FE2-B3A0-42C0-8990-9954D1BCA5D7_1_201_a (resized).jpeg
974F5C1E-9523-4DAA-9379-A3000F8A641C (resized).jpeg
83059929_160014771965732_3982039144204337152_n (resized).jpg
60BE80EE-1964-4CB7-8493-93C2283952B6 (resized).jpeg
F18DDEF4-7FB5-46E6-B018-5CD180662B86 (resized).jpeg
20200111_063452 (resized).jpg
81781551_618896412215839_6759575124225032192_n (resized).jpg
screen-capture-4 (resized).png
73209863_556397155132432_4970388802087419904_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4311 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 87.
#1201 3 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

literally don't know how to reply to this. Was homepin accused of racism as well?

Yes

#1202 3 years ago

I mean, if using the F word to describe a homosexual and the N word to describe an African-American is something that is cool with you then by all means continue to support Mike and his company. Not exactly sure how this is being used to vilify someone who simply reported the statements word-for-word.

#1203 3 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Not exactly sure how this is being used to vilify someone who simply reported the statements word-for-word.

Well, if you had actually reported word for word, there may have been a better understanding of what your point was.

Truth is I've been to Australia and they are decades behind the USA as far as political correctness goes. So basically he was baited into an Archie Bunker rant.

#1204 3 years ago

...Well in other news...

We had a chance to catch the Homepin presentation and some Q&A at Vancouver Flipout last weekend. We have a full, uncut, unedited video of Mike's presentation coming really soon!

Stay tuned to Youtube.com/TheCanadianArcade for the exclusive!

Ep 067 - Homepin Update at VFO 2017 Comming Soon (resized).jpg

#1205 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It's right in the post everybody's talking about half a page up.

only had heard homophobia, so that is on me.

Quoted from pinlink:

I just read the whole thread on Aussie Arcade. It's 11 pages but its only like 10-15 posts per page. You should just read it for yourselves and decide how you feel....

didn't have access to it as I am not a member at aussie arcade

#1206 3 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

didn't have access to it as I am not a member at aussie arcade

I tried to grab the most relevant posts, the image order ended up getting reversed, but I think I got most of the relevant stuff. Mike says those terms are okay where he lives and in his target market, and he doesn't feel compelled to conform to language norms in other countries.

#1207 3 years ago
Quoted from AbeVigoda:

I tried to grab the most relevant posts, the image order ended up getting reversed, but I think I got most of the relevant stuff. Mike says those terms are okay where he lives and in his target market, and he doesn't feel compelled to conform to language norms in other countries.

Yep and tinker is the most hurtful of all

#1208 3 years ago

When will people start getting offended when they are called nerds?

#1209 3 years ago
Quoted from AbeVigoda:

Well, women can drive in Saudi Arabia next year, so change is happening all over!

#1210 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Well, women can drive in Saudi Arabia next year, so change is happening all over!

I don't mind that they got the right to vote, but whoever gave them drivers licenses in the US was surely out of their mind.

#1211 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

When will people start getting offended when they are called nerds?

If you called someone a nerd and they told you they were offended by that label and preferred you not call them that, would you continue to do so? Yes, freedom of speech is important, but so is intelligent exercise of the right, and so's common courtesy.

Some words have contextual baggage, and are offensive to broad groups of people (which may not include you!). You get to continue using them if you want, and some people think there's some kind of virtue in in that, but I don't get it. Use offensive words when you wanna offend someone, but if you don't, choose other words, English is nice that way.

#1212 3 years ago

BlazingSaddles (resized).jpg

#1213 3 years ago

Mike has been through a lot and yes he's Austrailian. I've noticed he has a very low tolerance for BS. He may come off as offensive to many of us. But seriously, real racism is more alive here than right ever. Anybody wants to discuss our Prez and the Neo Nazis?

#1214 3 years ago
Quoted from AbeVigoda:

If you called someone a nerd and they told you they were offended by that label and preferred you not call them that, would you continue to do so?

No, I'd stop talking to them altogether.

I've been called lots of things by lots of people, and you know what? It has little effect on how I feel about myself. Unless it's somebody that I respect in the first place. Then I listen.

#1215 3 years ago

And yes, I do respect you.

download (2) (resized).jpg

#1216 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Fishy.

#1217 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

No, I'd stop talking to them altogether.

Would you still buy a pinball machine from them?

I dunno Mike from Moses, and I tend to give folks the benefit of the doubt. I wouldn't hang out with him if he's dropping N-bombs, just like you're not hanging out with the sensitive nerd. Doesn't sound like that'd bother him.

He's in public forums, posting with his company logo, saying things that are gonna alienate some segment of his addressable market. Not a smart business move. Pinball could use a larger fan base, and it'd be great if maybe he'd keep that kind of thing between him and his mates at the bar.

Quoted from o-din:

#1218 3 years ago
Quoted from AbeVigoda:

I dunno Mike from Moses, and I tend to give folks the benefit of the doubt. I wouldn't hang out with him if he's dropping N-bombs, just like you're not hanging out with the sensitive nerd. Doesn't sound like that'd bother him.
He's in public forums, posting with his company logo, saying things that are gonna alienate some segment of his addressable market. Not a smart business move. Pinball could use a larger fan base, and it'd be great if maybe he'd keep that kind of thing between him and his mates at the bar.

and probably the only reason anyone knows anything about it is because some guy talked about it on his ego-cast.. and the only reason he knows about it is because the site is the only one he hasn't been banned from yet.

#1219 3 years ago
Quoted from AbeVigoda:

Nah, because then they would probably want a whole bunch of extra money for tasteless mods and rainbow colored LEDs that I would have to remove anyway.

#1220 3 years ago

I'm sure there are some out there that won't want Thunderbirds because the puppets smoked cigarettes. It's up to each person to decide what his or her own level of tolerance is.

CKxDnjxW8AAXjIz (resized).jpg

#1221 3 years ago

I really don't understand people. Acting like hate speech has any place joking or other wise in society is why we can't get rid of it. Buy a pin from Homepin or don't. Blame the K-man for starting shit or don't, that's your choice, but people acting like it's ok and that calling someone a nerd is on the same level are delusional.

People don't choose how they are born, and some people have to deal with real bigotry that some of us will never understand. I understand that other cultures have varying degrees of tolerance and different norms than Americans but that doesn't make it right.

Just my 2 cents. I'm going to go enjoy playing pinball after work.

#1222 3 years ago

All these posts and nothing new! Aussie's get accused of being everything. We tend to be happy go lucky people but political correctness and the Aussie "sense of humour", often gets taken out of context.

I don't know Mike personally but have had enough interactions with him over the past five years to make my own opinion of him. I'm 100% behind him, I don't always agree with his comments and often think he would be better off not posting non TAG specific info.

I very excited about playing this pin at Pinfest next Saturday. Having a beer and a laugh with Mike......let's not forget it's only pinball. Cheers

#1223 3 years ago

I'm not putting any Joe Camel merch up around my house, because I don't want my kids to think smoking's cool. I bet the puppets on the Thunderbirds pin are tobacco free too.

I do think stuff like Mike posted in that thread are worth calling bullshit on, because silence implies consent.

#1224 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

and probably the only reason anyone knows anything about it is because some guy talked about it on his ego-cast.. and the only reason he knows about it is because the site is the only one he hasn't been banned from yet.

And that makes it irrelevant?

#1225 3 years ago
Quoted from AbeVigoda:

I'm not putting any Joe Camel merch up around my house, because I don't want my kids to think smoking's cool. I bet the puppets on the Thunderbirds pin are tobacco free too.

I bet the puppets will be slang free as well.

Quoted from Ericc123:

calling someone a nerd is on the same level are delusional.

In the not too distant future it might be. It is a derogatory remark and an attack on people of who they are or how they present themselves. Every day they are finding more and more comments or phrases that might offend some group of people.

#1226 3 years ago

All these new posts I was certain the game had been revealed and I was finally going to see the playfield and some gameplay

#1227 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I bet the puppets will be slang free as well.

In the not too distant future it might be. It is a derogatory remark and an attack on people of who they are or how they present themselves. Every day they are finding more and more comments or phrases that might offend some group of people.

Fair enough, but we aren't talking about the future, we are talking about the here and now. The English language changes and evolves, society's sensibility evolve as well, but there is no reason to use hate speech and hide behind anti-american sentiment as a justification.

#1228 3 years ago

You are talking about a whole different country and culture. It wasn't that long ago that those words were commonplace in this country. Even in magazines and advertisements. I could bring up a few.

Evolution happens at different paces in different places. I'm not defending it, but you can't force other cultures to evolve to your liking.

#1229 3 years ago

Always have to be careful what you say these days. Especially in this situation when you are running a business and using a licensed property. I don’t know who owns Thunderbirds are Go but they might not feel the same way or want their property associated with any controversy mild or otherwise. Pinball is such a small hobby it is likely to go unnoticed. Just sayin-

#1230 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You are talking about a whole different country and culture. It wasn't that long ago that those words were commonplace in this country. Even in magazines and advertisements. I could bring up a few.
Evolution happens at different paces in different places. I'm not defending it, but you can't force other cultures to evolve to your liking.

o-din I agree with you 99% of the time but I think you are trying way too hard to defend hate speech and bigotry. I will take you up on your offer, show me an advertisement using the N word, F word, or slope that is from an even remotely recent time frame.

#1231 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

show me an advertisement using the N word

It will only fuel the fire. Just google it and see the results.

#1232 3 years ago

Moderator's comment:

Folks, this is a thread about Homepin. Not politics, social justice, political correctness, or whatever else. It may be a hot button topic in the media, but it does not belong here.

#1233 3 years ago

I read the posts on aussie arcade.

It's always disappointing to find out someone isn't as cool as you initially thought.

#1234 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It will only fuel the fire. Just google it and see the results.

Everything is from the 60's or older. I would say that almost 60 years is a good buffer from when that was acceptable. The fact that you wouldn't want to post something like that kind of proves the point. Again, I understand that different cultures have different norms, which I believe is your whole point, but I don't have to agree with it or accept that it's ok.

#1235 3 years ago

I guess all this won't get me a discount on a Thunderbirds pinball machine anyway.

#1236 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

isn't as cool as you initially thought.

If there's one thing Mike has been consistently...

#1237 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Quite possibly his only contribution to this hobby.

#1238 3 years ago

[removed by moderator]

#1239 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Truth is I've been to Australia and they are decades behind the USA as far as political correctness goes. So basically he was baited into an Archie Bunker rant.

This is not true at all. It all depends who you hang around and where, just like any other country. The big cities are generally more tolerant and lean toward equality and acceptance. Country areas not so much. It all comes down to education and association - you don't see minorities as different when you work and drink with them every day.

As a long time member of Aussie Arcade I can only cringe at what I have seen in that thread, and can say my eyes have been opened. I had always suspected there was an underbelly of intolerance, but that thread has made it plain as day. Sad to see the moderators backing the horrible comments too. It's legitimately embarrassing for the millions of Australians, and hurtful for the millions who are targeted with racisms and homophobia every day.

#1240 3 years ago

Can't believe I got moderated

Sorry didn't see the mod post above.

But we're not all racist..

#1241 3 years ago

Mike posted in another thread earlier tonight, wish he would have posted here and explained himself.

#1243 3 years ago

From Homepin FB page

"The two Thunderbirds on the way to Pinfest have cleared customs and should be delivered today"

#1245 3 years ago

IMG_2339 (resized).JPG

#1246 3 years ago

It looks nice. Not that many shots, but 2 ramps with wireforms returning to the flippers for nice flow (and I can't see where the 'loop-schots' are going: if it's a loop that can be stopped, or....etc..). Is that a moving standup on the middle right?

#1248 3 years ago

Thunderbirds are go !!

#1249 3 years ago

Can't wait to play this game!

#1250 3 years ago
Quoted from sven:

It looks nice. Not that many shots, but 2 ramps with wireforms returning to the flippers for nice flow (and I can't see where the 'loop-schots' are going: if it's a loop that can be stopped, or....etc..). Is that a moving standup on the middle right?

Agreed, the center shot may have a hidden scoop, ala NASCAR, otherwise it loops around the rocket I think. Can't tell much till we see it in action.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 50.00
$ 79.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 27.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
€ 8.10
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 149.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 12.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
COINTAKER.COM
There are 4311 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 87.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside