Untitled (resized).png
hplockbar (resized).jpg
hpbuttons (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20200808_121939 (resized).jpg
16178194 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 91.
#1151 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

So the speaker panel hinges on the left? Thats new.

Anything can change at this point.

#1152 6 years ago

My congrats to Mike and the team ... all the years of hard work are coming to fruition!

I look forward to seeing some Tracy Island magic in NZ soon.

rd

#1153 6 years ago

I need to get some of those boom lights they are using. Those look super helpful.

#1154 6 years ago

Looks great, and i love Thunderbirds , i think i was 4 when i saw it first.
So you have to be 50+ to now what it is.
It fits pinball very well with als the thunderbirds gadgets.
When wil you show us a playfield pic Mike.

#1155 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

They are still playing re-runs here in Australia. After all these years, it just goes to show how popular the show has been for multiple generations.

Also, there is a new series which is popular for the kids today. Just this past weekend, one of my friend's five year old boys asked his mum for a Thunderbirds 1 or 2 for Christmas. So, it goes to show that as a theme, the Thunderbirds is still relevant, now as much as it was 50 years ago.

#1156 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

The majority of people over 25 are likely to know what it is in the UK, even if they haven't watched it. Certainly almost anyone in their 30s will have seen it at some point.

#1158 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Enjoy our interview with Mike

Fantastic interview and Mike shared such a great insight into the whole process. The one word that sums up the journey from initiation to the upcoming finalization is "Dedication".
SO looking forward too seeing the pin

#1159 6 years ago

Agreed, very good interview, lots of information about the machine in there.

#1160 6 years ago

Who's doing the music for the game? I'm not sure how Satriani style guitar metal fits the theme....but I like the music!

#1161 6 years ago

Interview definitely worth listening to.

Timestamps:

0:12:12 Preamble about HomePin & the interview
0:16:00 Interview starts
1:30:00 Interview ends
1.39.00 Discussion of the interview ends

#1162 6 years ago

TAG assembly (resized).jpgTAG assembly (resized).jpg

#1163 6 years ago

That playfield sure has a lot of stuff on it for a cheaper priced game ...

rd

IMG_7001 (resized).JPGIMG_7001 (resized).JPG

#1164 6 years ago

All I can see is very blurry images resembling a pinball. You must have good eye sight? or imagination.

#1165 6 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

All I can see is very blurry images resembling a pinball. You must have good eye sight? or imagination.

Tried to clean it a bit.

IMG_9131 (resized).JPGIMG_9131 (resized).JPG

#1166 6 years ago

Nup, guess the teaser is more of brain freezer
still, won't be long I guess?

#1167 6 years ago

The right bumper is located in a very unusual position.

#1168 6 years ago
Quoted from master_of_chaos:

The right bumper is located in a very unusual position.

I think there must be a ramp with an entrance just above those two arrow inserts which hasn't been put on the playfield yet.

#1169 6 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

I think there must be a ramp with an entrance just above those two arrow inserts which hasn't been put on the playfield yet.

Looks to me like it might just throw the ball straight back at the flippers like the ripper in LAH or Yagov in F14.

#1170 6 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

From what I've seen there is definitely something missing.....it will all make sense when you see it finished! Pop is not as exposed as it looks from above pic. Not long now!

#1171 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

From what I've seen there is definitely something missing.....it will all make sense when you see it finished! Pop is not as exposed as it looks from above pic. Not long now!

Yup, it ain't complete

Pinfest is gonna be cool!

#1172 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

I didnt think it had been released yet.
Where did you see it?

#1173 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

I didnt think it had been released yet.
Where did you see it?

In a short vid. GI testing. Mike shared but I'm not allowed to show anything. If you're a pre order buyer, PM Mike and ask can't hurt. Cheers

#1174 6 years ago

The two machines to be airfreighted to Pinfest Australia are now packed and waiting for the pickup truck.

TAG packing (resized).jpgTAG packing (resized).jpg

TAG serial (resized).jpgTAG serial (resized).jpg

#1175 6 years ago

How did the talk go, Mike? Do you know where we might be able to catch up on it?

#1176 6 years ago
Quoted from Shaneus:

How did the talk go, Mike? Do you know where we might be able to catch up on it?

We (The Canadian Arcade) recorded this talk at Vancouver FlipOut over the weekend. We will be processing the video within the next week and will update this thread once it becomes available! There were also a bunch of other speakers from the same event that we will share separate videos for at some point in the near future (Butch Peel, David Thiel, Jack Guarnieri). The room was packed for Mike's talk, and there was lots of interest from the attendees. Chance and I had an opportunity to spend a lot of time with Mike over the weekend, and saw his enthusiasm/passion for getting this game released properly, and we feel that this is absolutely going to be an exciting game once it gets revealed!

#1177 6 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

We (The Canadian Arcade) recorded this talk at Vancouver FlipOut over the weekend. We will be processing the video within the next week and will update this thread once it becomes available! There were also a bunch of other speakers from the same event that we will share separate videos for at some point in the near future (Butch Peel, David Thiel, Jack Guarnieri). The room was packed for Mike's talk, and there was lots of interest from the attendees. Chance and I had an opportunity to spend a lot of time with Mike over the weekend, and saw his enthusiasm/passion for getting this game released properly, and we feel that this is absolutely going to be an exciting game once it gets revealed!

Agree with Josh's sentiments above. It was great to meet and talk to Mike and hear his stories of the long and difficult journey he has had getting Thunderbirds pinball to production. It's an amazing story, there's a book in there someday.

...oh, and I was also the lucky recipient of an official aluminum Homepin bottle opener that I will always treasure.

#1178 6 years ago

It was great to meet Mike and hear first hand some of his stories of setting up a factory in China. Considering what he has been through most people would have given up. He also worked his ass off as well, helping fix games (highlight of the show for me, was troubleshooting the startup sequence of "Drop a Card" with Mike) and then packing up games at the end of the show. Top bloke!!!

#1179 6 years ago

I was interested in the Hompin product but I choose to not support a racist/homophobe. I’m out.

#1180 6 years ago

I'm sure he can do without you too.

#1181 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

I was interested in the Hompin product but I choose to not support a racist/homophobe. I’m out.

Huh? Where did this come from?

#1182 6 years ago

Move on,No drama needed,This is pinball,NO personal beliefs like you speak of needed here.Address it elsewhere .....not on a open forum !!!
No personal feelings meant to you...just what I would say to anybody.

Best to you in your support to other pinball companys that fit your choices.

#1183 6 years ago

Edit- never mind.

#1184 6 years ago
Quoted from v8torino:

Move on,No drama needed,This is pinball,NO personal beliefs like you speak of needed here.Address it elsewhere .....not on a open forum !!!

Then they should have stayed personal. When they were expressed and defended on a public forum, they're fair game for public discussion.

#1185 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

OK someone is going to need to elaborate on this. What's the deal?

#1186 6 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

OK someone is going to need to elaborate on this. What's the deal?

Aussie arcade posts. Also, he who should not be named last two podcasts.

#1187 6 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Aussie arcade posts. Also, he who should not be named last two podcasts.

Yeah, I couldn't find anything on Aussie Arcade and can't really listen to podcasts at work. Don't really care for that particular podcast anyway.

Why not just say what happened or what was said? Link?

#1188 6 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Yeah, I couldn't find anything on Aussie Arcade and can't really listen to podcasts at work. Don't really care for that particular podcast anyway.
Why not just say what happened or what was said? Link?

Basically, nothing. Kaneda got offended on the aussie forum and had to vent on his podcast.

Too many people are thin skinned these days. Always a victim. Always offended. Not worth letting some pinball chatter ruin your day. Get over it...

#1189 6 years ago

See...this is the shit that happens when there's no real news....

#1190 6 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Basically, nothing. Kaneda got offended on the aussie forum and had to vent on his podcast.
Too many people are thin skinned these days. Always a victim. Always offended. Not worth letting some pinball chatter ruin your day. Get over it...

Exactly. Now that Kaneda Wanker has tired of needlessly over dramatizing Heighway, Dutch, Star Wars (oh for the love of man-children everywhere - get over it already!), etc. etc. etc. he has found a new target for his attention-seeking illness. I'm guessing he just likes to try to tear down anyone who's actually put themselves out there and accompished something with their lives, as opposed to spending their days making up lies to get people to buy stuff they don't need. I'd need an outlet too if that was my life's "work". He just can't stand the fact that someone might literally not care what he has to say, and even less so when he starts to wail about it like a put out 7 year old who can't have what they want. Kaneda Wanker needs to grow the f up.

Okay, I apologize, just had to get that out there. Back to pinball. Here's a picture of the cool bottle opener I got from Mike during his talk at Vancouver Flipout last weekend.

FullSizeRender (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (resized).jpg

#1191 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

See...this is the shit that happens when there's no real news....

Quoted from v8torino:

No personal feelings meant to you...just what I would say to anybody.
Best to you in your support to other pinball companys that fit your choices.

Lets see some screenshots and direct quotes then. If its nothing then it wont matter. Sure is a lot of obfuscation over nothing at this point.

#1192 6 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Lets see some screenshots and direct quotes then. If its nothing then it wont matter.

If it's something then it still won't matter. Anything that offends podcast boy and his minions can't be all bad.

#1193 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If it's something then it still won't matter. Anything that offends podcast boy and his minions can't be all bad.

Homophobia does matter, sorry. I really could care less what the podcaster said as I am not a fan and did not listen, but if a pinball company is homophobic to the point that they make it know publicly I would like to know so that I can be sure to not support them.

Edit- from what I can tell they posted their views on an arcade forum making it VERY public, but again since everyone is being so cagey about this its hard to form an opinion.

#1194 6 years ago

I'm sure whatever he said, he was probably baited into it. But I didn't see it on the pinside forum which is where we are now.

#1195 6 years ago

Homophobia does matter

Oh, and racism doesn't? I think I see where you're coming from.

#1196 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Oh, and racism doesn't? I think I see where you're coming from.

literally don't know how to reply to this. Was homepin accused of racism as well?

#1197 6 years ago

Soooooo, how bout' those Mets??

#1198 6 years ago

Was homepin accused of racism as well?

It's right in the post everybody's talking about half a page up.

#1199 6 years ago

I just read the whole thread on Aussie Arcade. It's 11 pages but its only like 10-15 posts per page. You should just read it for yourselves and decide how you feel....

#1200 6 years ago

Lets see some screenshots and direct quotes then. If its nothing then it wont matter. Sure is a lot of obfuscation over nothing at this point.

Starts here:
https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/90014-Anyone-else-get-a-message-from-YesEquality-yesterday?p=1119315#post1119315

Then later he and K continue the slapfight about America, Australia, Homepin's target market, K's Amero-centrism etc.

homepin_drama_4 (resized).PNGhomepin_drama_4 (resized).PNG

homepin_drama_3 (resized).PNGhomepin_drama_3 (resized).PNG

homepin_drama_2 (resized).PNGhomepin_drama_2 (resized).PNG

homepin_drama_1 (resized).PNGhomepin_drama_1 (resized).PNG

homepin_drama_0 (resized).PNGhomepin_drama_0 (resized).PNG

There are 4,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 91.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepin-official-thread-pinball-parts-machine-progress/page/24?hl=micky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.