Topic Stats

• 3,933 posts
  • 382 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by KenLayton
  • Topic is favorited by 171 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 748 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

screen-capture-8 (resized).png
rampage (resized).jpg
59546319_448232989282183_8360119207047725056_n (resized).jpg
IMG_2927 (resized).JPG
Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 7.47.02 pm.png
59546319_448232989282183_8360119207047725056_n (resized).jpg
99D1AA11-1443-414C-A49B-3B3177C76184 (resized).jpeg
59363232_447010972713392_259249182378819584_n (resized).jpg
2102F2C3-3B12-4112-AEFE-6F8EFFF1B965 (resized).jpeg
868710A0-56BB-496C-BEDA-7BA0D66E4FB6 (resized).jpeg
dial2 (resized).jpeg
AFF856C8-B022-4091-B5B9-6C804FB42F87 (resized).png
8824be65f84920aa21dccb4e9acf47da8522de5f (resized).jpg
D19AA2E9-F995-4396-81AD-9750E23E87BF (resized).jpeg
8AAFDB60-3AAD-4FB6-A920-94E6E6BEA833 (resized).jpeg
07D30B01-3159-41C0-B03A-D0D6E590021F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 3933 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 79.
#1101 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Mike, it looks nice but I'd rather it just wobbled on a spring

Yes, we also have a toy that does wobble on a spring BUT it is assisted by a tiny shaker motor

#1102 1 year ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Yes, we also have a toy that does wobble on a spring BUT it is assisted by a tiny shaker motor

Mike someone mentioned TB4 would be represented in a lower playfield and TB5 the topper, have these plans changed or still the same?

#1103 1 year ago

TAG under playfield (resized).jpg

#1104 1 year ago

Oh now that's just plain teasing!!

#1105 1 year ago

Looks like a Dream to Service!

Im amazed, Mike!

#1106 1 year ago

Ha, clean. I think I counted 19 coils.

#1107 1 year ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

Mike:
Will your machines come with a playfield prop rod? I feel these are absolutely essential when working on the playfield. Especially when working on the flippers, I don't want to have to lean the playfield against the backbox and stand on a step ladder to solder on wires on a flipper coil or EOS switch.

Your wish is Mike's command:

"Our stainless steel playfield prop. It supports both sides of the playfield so no twisting!"

Homepin playfield prop (resized).jpg

#1108 1 year ago

Shhhhit...this thread is like pinball crack. Nice job!!

#1109 1 year ago

See what can be done if you give a shit about pinball!!!

#1110 1 year ago

Pffft... Stainless steel. Next thing you're going to tell me is that it's welded and finished in reflective chrome.

#1111 1 year ago

Interest growing. Keep em coming

#1112 1 year ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

"Our stainless steel playfield prop. It supports both sides of the playfield so no twisting!"

Interesting idea but it looks a little harder to put up having to make sure it clears all the components. Please consider including a ball catch like JJP does so that the balls dont fall out when the playfield is lifted.

#1113 1 year ago
Quoted from tjc02002:

Interesting idea but it looks a little harder to put up having to make sure it clears all the components.

I imagine you just lift the playfield all they way up and rest it on the backbox, lift up the stand and then lower the playfield back down onto it.

Quoted from tjc02002:

Please consider including a ball catch like JJP does so that the balls dont fall out when the playfield is lifted.

They already have this according to the flyer: "passive ball stop (prevents damage when lifting the playfield)"

#1114 1 year ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

The only problem I see with that is some dork shorting out their coils with it and taking out the transistors...

Quoted from solarvalue:

They already have this according to the flyer: "passive ball stop (prevents damage when lifting the playfield)"

That was Pinball 2000s only redeeming factor!

I was very surprised that others didn't reuse this simple idea ... probably a 50c piece of metal and a nut and bolt.

Nice work Mike!

rd

#1115 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

The only problem I see with that is some dork shorting out their coils with it and taking out the transistors...

Rubber tips on the ends of the rods would help.

#1116 1 year ago

Indeed they would.

rd

#1117 1 year ago

Some of the later Williams machines had vinyl sleeving on the end of the prop rod. A guy could use heat shrink tubing instead too.

#1118 1 year ago

We have a plastic bung in the end and heatshrink - just not shown in that picture as it's one of our test machines.

#1119 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

That was Pinball 2000s only redeeming factor!
I was very surprised that others didn't reuse this simple idea ... probably a 50c piece of metal and a nut and bolt.
Nice work Mike!
rd

DP and JJP did.

#1120 1 year ago

There are many toys not installed in this video and also lots of switches need adjusting - but it still plays well (just that the Chinese staff can't play pinball - LOL).

Sadly the shipping company has brought forward the loading of our container to this Sunday morning so there is no chance we will be able to have these machines ready and packed for Pinfest. They will now have to be air freighted at horrendous cost

Pinfest Machines (1) (resized).jpg

#1121 1 year ago

Best I could do:

TAG playfield (resized).png
TAG playfield 2 (resized).png
TAG playfield 3 (resized).png

#1122 1 year ago

I see the future of pinball and I like it....

#1123 1 year ago

My only concern is how large and obtrusive those siderails are. Really very visually distracting.

#1124 1 year ago

Sounds really well . Stop teasing and show it allready

#1125 1 year ago
Quoted from drinkduffbeers:

Sounds really well . Stop teasing and show it allready

Can't - still subject to approvals.

Stern has the luxury of doing all the approvals before you and I even know the machine they are building - I don't.

#1126 1 year ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Can't - still subject to approvals.
Stern has the luxury of doing all the approvals before you and I even know the machine they are building - I don't.

Fair enough. My own intrest is really growing, but can wait a little longer

#1127 1 year ago
Quoted from jwilson:

My only concern is how large and obtrusive those siderails are. Really very visually distracting.

You look at the side rails while you are playing pinball? - - - really?

#1128 1 year ago
Quoted from Homepin:

You look at the side rails while you are playing pinball? - - - really?

It's the whole package. Why even put art on the side if it doesn't matter? In a lineup you won't even see the lightning EL head sides since most people put them an inch apart. But you did that too.

Just my personal opinion - they eat up so much of the side of the cabinet art space for no reason.

#1129 1 year ago
Quoted from jwilson:

It's the whole package. Why even put art on the side if it doesn't matter? In a lineup you won't even see the lightning EL head sides since most people put them an inch apart. But you did that too.
Just my personal opinion - they eat up so much of the side of the cabinet art space for no reason.

Buy a Thunderbirds pinball and I will leave them off, just for you ....

#1130 1 year ago
Quoted from jwilson:

They look normal size to me. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you are looking at. The black side rails that run down the side and expand at the flipper button?

#1131 1 year ago

Doesn't seem like the side rails cover much more than the stern lollipop rails would.

#1132 1 year ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

Doesn't seem like the side rails cover much more than the stern lollipop rails would.

Agreed and i also think these will help to protect that front leading edge of the cabinet from future damage too.

#1133 1 year ago

Still SCREAMS colordmd to me guys...the machine has a lot of vibrant color going on and then you have an orange eye sore from 1992. Dots look good, but imagine the look with color. Next level.

#1134 1 year ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Still SCREAMS colordmd to me guys...the machine has a lot of vibrant color going on and then you have an orange eye sore from 1992. Dots look good, but imagine the look with color. Next level.

As long as your name is not Marty Feldman, a colour dmd or lcd is absolute useless while you are playing.
A display located in the apron or as heighway pinball does, in the playfield, makes sense.
Everything else is wasted money, in my opinion.

#1135 1 year ago
Quoted from master_of_chaos:

As lang as your name is not Marty Feldman, a colour dmd or lcd is absolute useless, while you are playing.
A display located in the aoron or as heighway does, in the playfield makes sense.

I borrow a RRWOZ every so often for a few months and I disagree, sorry.

I also think my jp looks like ass with an orange dmd and cant wait to get the color dmd.

#1136 1 year ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Just my personal opinion - they eat up so much of the side of the cabinet art space for no reason

#1137 1 year ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

Agree, and personally I prefer the angular look. The cabinet itself is angular, after all.

#1138 1 year ago
Quoted from master_of_chaos:

As lang as your name is not Marty Feldman, a colour dmd or lcd is absolute useless, while you are playing.
A display located in the aoron or as heighway does, in the playfield makes sense.

Is the backglass and side art are useless too? Most people like an entire 'package' with the DMD being a big part of it.

If it is on location the color can be an effective, built-in attract mode.

So while it may be wasted money for the player on the machine, it isn't necessarily useless for the owner or other people watching gameplay.

#1139 1 year ago

There was a "Ramp is up" animation on the DMD during the video, So maybe some sort of moving ramp entrance with another shot behind it

#1140 1 year ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

They were going to do color, but they had some terrible unforeseen setbacks, not limited to the fact that their main programmer passed away during development. Let them get this game out and we'll see what happens in the future. You can't do everything on the first release. Perhaps later games will have a color LED display, or they might even offer one for Thunderbirds when they are more established. In any case, Homepin has chosen to put most of their resources into mechanical playfield features rather than the display. It's a different approach to a lot of the other manufacturers at the moment and it's good that the consumer has a choice.

#1141 1 year ago

Digging the music, is the sound in stereo Mike?

I like the "International Rescue" on the backboard

Really looking forward to the reveal next month

#1142 1 year ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Digging the music, is the sound in stereo Mike?
I like the "International Rescue" on the backboard
Really looking forward to the reveal next month

Our system is 2.1 audio.

That is, more simply, stereo with an additional sub woofer channel. It is a 5 speaker system and the electronics are manufactured by Homepin (2 x 1" tweeters, 2 x 5" drivers and one 10" woofer).

Our speakers are made by a factory that is directly across the road from my apartment here in Shenzhen, about 500m from the Homepin factory.

#1143 1 year ago

Hearing it play gave me a huge smile. After everything you've been through I'm so happy you're nearing the end of this journey Mike! Pinfest is gonna be awesome!

#1144 1 year ago

Can't wait to get one. Love the thunderbirds!!!! So cool!!!!!

#1145 1 year ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Our system is 2.1 audio.
That is, more simply, stereo with an additional sub woofer channel. It is a 5 speaker system and the electronics are manufactured by Homepin (2 x 1" tweeters, 2 x 5" drivers and one 10" woofer).
Our speakers are made by a factory that is directly across the road from my apartment here in Shenzhen, about 500m from the Homepin factory.

Sounds similar to my dialed in sound system?

#1146 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Sounds similar to my dialed in sound system?

"Made in China"? Very little doubt about that. LOLOLOL

#1147 1 year ago
Quoted from Homepin:

"Made in China"? Very little doubt about that. LOLOLOL

Lol.... regardless its sounds excellent out of the box. The best stock pin system imo .

#1148 1 year ago

I thought it was timely to post this picture again

homepinELEPHANT-use_this_copy (resized).jpg

#1149 1 year ago

From AA:

"I looked out my office window down to the factory floor yesterday and thought that finally, the Homepin factory LOOKS like a pinball factory!

It's what we have been working towards all these years and here we are, making pinball machines from scratch!"

http://www.aussiearcade.com/showpost.php?p=1114598

IMG_6047 (resized).JPG

IMG_6046 (resized).JPG

#1150 1 year ago

So the speaker panel hinges on the left? Thats new.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 399.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 24.00
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
There are 3933 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 79.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside