Untitled (resized).png
hplockbar (resized).jpg
hpbuttons (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20200808_121939 (resized).jpg
16178194 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 91.
#1051 6 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

Mike:
Will your machines come with a playfield prop rod? I feel these are absolutely essential when working on the playfield. Especially when working on the flippers, I don't want to have to lean the playfield against the backbox and stand on a step ladder to solder on wires on a flipper coil or EOS switch.

Yes, naturally. As well as the mains power switch in the "correct" place.

#1052 6 years ago

Few dots ....for some reason I was expecting colour, I must have missed that minor detail.

#1053 6 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Few dots ....for some reason I was expecting colour, I must have missed that minor detail.
» YouTube video

It was stated that it would be colour LED before, I think.

I'm assuming they're just trying to get as much done as possible before colouring, unless plans have changed.

#1054 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

It was stated that it would be colour LED before, I think.
I'm assuming they're just trying to get as much done as possible before colouring, unless plans have changed.

That was what we had developed when our programmer died. We have been scrambling to catch up since.

#1055 6 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Ok Mike we need to talk mate, this is just getting out of control now...

#1056 6 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Ok Mike we need to talk mate, this is just getting out of control now...

lol....its mike .. we both know hes just warming up

#1057 6 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

That was what we had developed when our programmer died. We have been scrambling to catch up since.

Is there a chance that you don't have enough time to do colouring before release and the machine ships monochrome, updated to colour later?

#1058 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Is there a chance that you don't have enough time to do colouring before release and the machine ships monochrome, updated to colour later?

Almost none. Actually, the orange DMD REALLY suits this machine.

There is no technical ability built into the boardset for colour.

#1059 6 years ago

Dots are looking good. Was hoping to get a clue on the playfield designer in there but shouldn't be long now before we see it.

#1060 6 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

Dots are looking good. Was hoping to get a clue on the playfield designer in there but shouldn't be long now before we see it.

Our crew is all new - not new to pinball - just new to what people know about "established" pinball designers.

#1061 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Color DMD, get to work.

#1062 6 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Almost none. Actually, the orange DMD REALLY suits this machine.
There is no technical ability built into the boardset for colour.

Shame, but understandable given the circumstances.

Hopefully the various purveyors of third party colour LED solutions will be able to provide something.

#1063 6 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Color DMD, get to work.

TAG won't need it - some machines just don't suit it - this is one of them.

#1064 6 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Thank you for admitting the power switch move was a mistake and if I may say so idiotic. The cost saving is insignificant that it baffles me why someone would piss off so many people over it.

#1065 6 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

TAG won't need it - some machines just don't suit it - this is one of them.

I have to disagree. That orange blob moving across an orange landscape would look AWESOME in color. So would the characters faces and clothing. Really hope they make a color DMD for this game. Im sure they will actually, those guys do great work.

#1066 6 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Thank you for admitting the power switch move was a mistake and if I may say so idiotic. The cost saving is so insignificant that it baffles me why someone would piss off so many people over it.

As I look at Stern. Wink Wink.

#1067 6 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

2 Questions:
1. Doesn't putting the power switch in the "right place" make UL approval harder? That's been Stern's excuse for moving it...

2. The flyer someone posted a page ago says you have the most "substantial" warranty in the business, but doesn't actually say what the warranty IS. What's the warranty, and will it be the same for the US? (For clarification, Chicago Gaming is currently the best warranty with 2 years electronics / 1 year mechanical on their LE AFMr - is yours better than theirs?)

Thanks!

#1068 6 years ago

to me thunderbirds is a black and white show ( cos i always watched it on a black and white tv) ... I cant see a need for color dmd at all.

#1069 6 years ago

Not me. My old man sprung for the first color set on the street. With remote control!

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg

#1070 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Not me. My old man sprung for the first color set on the street. With remote control!

no ghosting either !

our first color tv, was a rank arena i think.

#1071 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Those original remotes with the tall, hard break buttons and "boing" sound once depressed were pretty crazy.

#1072 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Those original remotes with the tall, hard break buttons and "boing" sound once depressed were pretty crazy.

IMG_2268 (resized).JPGIMG_2268 (resized).JPG

#1073 6 years ago

This is the one I remember from our "rich friend's" house growing up. We didn't get a color TV, let alone a remote control one until the late 1970s (maybe even early 80s for the remote TV?).

Zenith_Space_Command.jpg.CROP.rectangle3-large (resized).jpgZenith_Space_Command.jpg.CROP.rectangle3-large (resized).jpg

#1074 6 years ago

That's the one. Had like a little hammer in there that would hit the end of a metal rod. There were 4 rods and had different lengths for each function.

#1075 6 years ago

Isn't today the day for the reveal?

#1076 6 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

That's the one. Had like a little hammer in there that would hit the end of a metal rod. There were 4 rods and had different lengths for each function.

Yeah, we had one of those. If you jingled a set of keys it would change the channel or mess with the volume.

#1077 6 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Isn't today the day for the reveal?

No, today was originally the day we had the container booked to ship the two machines to Australia.

We had to push that back as the factory had to close for two days, one for the Typhoon and the other for a power off day while the power company replaced some aged cables.

The new shipping date is 11th September on a faster ship (at higher cost naturally).

This short delay has allowed us to add an extra mechanism to the machine that we were in two minds about so it's all good.

#1078 6 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

This short delay has allowed us to add an extra mechanism to the machine that we were in two minds about so it's all good.

Looking forward to seeing some pics and video from the show!

Also looking forward to being able to buy those pop bumpers/lights you came up with.

#1079 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Looking forward to seeing some pics and video from the show!
Also looking forward to being able to buy those pop bumpers/lights you came up with.

I cannot wait either! The reveal feels so far away :-p

#1080 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This is the one I remember from our "rich friend's" house growing up. We didn't get a color TV, let alone a remote control one until the late 1970s (maybe even early 80s for the remote TV?).

Close, but this is the one we had. We weren't rich at all, but my dad loved his late night TV and never cut corners when buying one.

$500 must have been a lot of money in the mid 60s, but that Zenith and remote worked great all the way into the 80s.

zenith_space_command (resized).jpgzenith_space_command (resized).jpg

#1081 6 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

No, today was originally the day we had the container booked to ship the two machines to Australia.
We had to push that back as the factory had to close for two days, one for the Typhoon and the other for a power off day while the power company replaced some aged cables.
The new shipping date is 11th September on a faster ship (at higher cost naturally).

Just posting again in case you missed it:

Doesn't putting the power switch in the front of the cab make UL listing harder?

And, what's the actual warranty on the Thunderbirds pin? The flyer someone posted says it's the best in the business, but doesn't actually say how long it is and on what. Chicago gaming is 2 years electronics and 1 year mechanical for their top level pin. If yours beats that, it would be impressive.

#1082 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Close, but this is the one we had. We weren't rich at all, but my dad loved his late night TV and never cut corners when buying one.
$500 must have been a lot of money in the mid 60s, but that Zenith and remote worked great all the way into the 80s.

$500 1965 money in today's money is like $4,000.

#1083 6 years ago

we had one like this, was spring loaded, when pushed far enough it would snap back and hit the chime.

471 best vintage tv remote controls images on Pinterest | Vintage tv, Remote and 1950s (resized).png471 best vintage tv remote controls images on Pinterest | Vintage tv, Remote and 1950s (resized).png

#1084 6 years ago

This was our channel changer at my house when I was growing up....since the knob was broke off.

the-original™-curved-jaw-locking-pliers-with-wire-cutter-276 (resized).jpgthe-original™-curved-jaw-locking-pliers-with-wire-cutter-276 (resized).jpg

#1085 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

$500 1965 money in today's money is like $4,000.

That's a lot of cabbage there. And we were in no way rich. My pops was the best at bargain shopping so I'm sure he got the best deal possible when he bought it.

#1086 6 years ago

We did not have those fancy TV remotes. I was the TV remote.

#1087 6 years ago

I guess you could almost equate it to buying a pinball machine today.

#1088 6 years ago
Quoted from Crashnburn:

We did not have those fancy TV remotes. I was the TV remote.

Quoted from kvan99:

This was our channel changer at my house when I was growing up....since the knob was broke off.

I had a sweet hand me down TV from my grandma for a while with knobs and bunny ears. Every once in a while I would wake up in the middle of the night and it would have no picture and a loud buzz. SMACK to the side of it....back in business. Gotta love the old fonzie smack.

#1089 6 years ago

This was just posted on AA:

"PLEASE - read the following and understand that this item MAY NOT be in the finished pinball machine.

The attached video clip is to show the level of detail Homepin is including in Thunderbirds pinball.

This item IS NOT YET APPROVED by the licence owners and as such, we may not use it in any finished machine - this will all depend on approvals."

#1090 6 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

"PLEASE - read the following and understand that this item MAY NOT be in the finished pinball machine.
The attached video clip is to show the level of detail Homepin is including in Thunderbirds pinball.
This item IS NOT YET APPROVED by the licence owners and as such, we may not use it in any finished machine - this will all depend on approvals."
» YouTube video

Cool. The more theme-appropriate toys that do something, the better.

#1091 6 years ago

Playfield artwork looks great!

#1092 6 years ago

So far I am very impressed what I am seeing of this game. Can't wait to see more!

#1093 6 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

» YouTube video

Lol....kick ass!

#1094 6 years ago

There's no way that toy will be denied approval right? I mean it's awesome and accurate!

#1095 6 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

There's no way that toy will be denied approval right? I mean it's awesome and accurate!

I just realized there better be a steel pin all the way through that drill bit. I can see an airball taking it clean off with a direct hit if it's just plastic through and through.

#1096 6 years ago

Mike made sure the power supply was adequate to handle mods, but leaves no space for mods

#1097 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I just realized there better be a steel pin all the way through that drill bit. I can see an airball taking it clean off with a direct hit if it's just plastic through and through.

If this toy is engineered like the rest of the machine, which I'm sure it is, then there is zero chance of it breaking.

#1098 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This video shows a 3D printed model. The finished items will be a soft rubber like material. Little chance of breaking.

#1099 6 years ago

Mike, it looks nice but I'd rather it just wobbled on a spring

#1100 6 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Mike, it looks nice but I'd rather it just wobbled on a spring

joker.gifjoker.gif

There are 4,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 91.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepin-official-thread-pinball-parts-machine-progress/page/22 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.