Topic Stats

• 3,983 posts
  • 384 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 58 minutes ago by wiredoug
  • Topic is favorited by 171 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 749 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

truth (resized).jpg
screen-capture-8 (resized).png
rampage (resized).jpg
59546319_448232989282183_8360119207047725056_n (resized).jpg
IMG_2927 (resized).JPG
Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 7.47.02 pm.png
59546319_448232989282183_8360119207047725056_n (resized).jpg
99D1AA11-1443-414C-A49B-3B3177C76184 (resized).jpeg
59363232_447010972713392_259249182378819584_n (resized).jpg
2102F2C3-3B12-4112-AEFE-6F8EFFF1B965 (resized).jpeg
868710A0-56BB-496C-BEDA-7BA0D66E4FB6 (resized).jpeg
dial2 (resized).jpeg
AFF856C8-B022-4091-B5B9-6C804FB42F87 (resized).png
8824be65f84920aa21dccb4e9acf47da8522de5f (resized).jpg
D19AA2E9-F995-4396-81AD-9750E23E87BF (resized).jpeg
8AAFDB60-3AAD-4FB6-A920-94E6E6BEA833 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 3983 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 80.
#1001 1 year ago

The full game reveal cannot come soon enough for this title, genuinely love what I have seen so far and excited to see more - thunderbird 3 launch, thunderbird 4 lower playfield that someone mentioned above.

And the best part of it all, is seeing a pin being made without every corner being cut, attention to detail like backlit playfield level is so simple but just an awesome little touch.

#1002 1 year ago

How cool is all this !! +++ on this thread and insights/info. sharing that Mike is providing.Sure do wish you the BEST and hope to see this and more Homepin here in the USA as all the details and markets are worked thru.
Cheers,Kirk

#1003 1 year ago

Just got home and found the ending of Thunderbirds Are Go playing on the comet channel.
At 6:00pm eastern time USA ,Thunderbird 6 starts.

#1004 1 year ago

Reveal isn't that far off-can't wait Looking really good so far

#1005 1 year ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Reveal isn't that far off-can't wait Looking really good so far

Can't wait for Pinfest!!

#1006 1 year ago

With windows smashing in my apartment this morning and Hong Kong in lock down we are holding tight right now.

Most factories in the area are closed - we are still operating at the moment but for how long I don't know?

We are fortunate as most staff live on the premises so it is safe for them to be at work.

We have a container booked for Friday but it looks increasingly like we might have to cancel unless this passes quickly

Typhoon_Hato (resized).jpg

#1007 1 year ago

Hope all is ok mike; can't wait to check out your next update

#1008 1 year ago

Stay safe Mike.

#1009 1 year ago

Yikes! Start handing these out!

umbrella_ella (resized).jpg

#1010 1 year ago
Quoted from Homepin:

With windows smashing in my apartment this morning and Hong Kong in lock down we are holding tight right now.
Most factories in the area are closed - we are still operating at the moment but for how long I don't know?
We are fortunate as most staff live on the premises so it is safe for them to be at work.
We have a container booked for Friday but it looks increasingly like we might have to cancel unless this passes quickly

Hopefully it passes by fast and you can get back to it. It would be a real shame if you couldn't get TAG to pinfest in time!

#1012 1 year ago

Got to give credit to the guy/girl on the scooter. I don't take my bike out if it looks like it's going to rain

#1014 1 year ago
Quoted from Homepin:

» YouTube video

I hope they weren't Homepin parts they were trying to move!

#1015 1 year ago

Stay dry Mike....and play some pinball.

#1016 1 year ago

The report is the guy is OK.......

#1017 1 year ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Glad you let us know...wow. Stay safe and dry.

#1018 1 year ago

Looks like it has passed this morning. Most damage was to Macau about 80km south of Shenzhen.

Looks like we will still be loading the container of video tables tomorrow!

storm_passed (resized).jpg

#1019 1 year ago
Quoted from Homepin:

» YouTube video

I must be one sick bastard, because that made me laugh. What a silly bugger. Did he really think he could stop his truck from falling over.

#1020 1 year ago

Did everyone see this yet?

IMG_4774 (resized).JPG

IMG_4797 (resized).JPG

#1021 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

Coming soon

#1022 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

Is there a typo at the end?

"*Electroluminescent (E.L.) *Headbox decals (a world first for pinball)"

I think the star before Headbox is a mistake, but missed because it's on a new line. Also, didn't Attack from Mars remake do the EL head decals first? They looked great at PAGG.

#1023 1 year ago

I like the part about single level playfield with ramps and SUBWAYS.

I had heard a rumor that subways are nowadays very costly to include in a new machine.

#1024 1 year ago

Game is shaping up very nicely IMHO.

I know this has been talked about in the past but I don't recall the programmer and designer being named (only who it wasn't, Jpop). One assumes that the game credits will give/provide the information so it should be public soon enough...any Pinileaks anyone?

#1025 1 year ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

Game is shaping up very nicely IMHO.
I know this has been talked about in the past but I don't recall the programmer and designer being named (only who it wasn't, Jpop). One assumes that the game credits will give/provide the information so it should be public soon enough...any Pinileaks anyone?

I've got two guesses,
Barry Oursler, BSD is one of Mikes favorite games
Python, i think TAG would have been a theme he would have liked

#1026 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Is there a typo at the end?
"*Electroluminescent (E.L.) *Headbox decals (a world first for pinball)"
I think the star before Headbox is a mistake, but missed because it's on a new line. Also, didn't Attack from Mars remake do the EL head decals first? They looked great at PAGG.

We made EL panels long before any others.

Sadly, Homepin has had a few holdups that prevented us from getting TAG to market earlier.

This gave others a chance to copy us.

It doesn't concern me - good on them for copying a great idea.

#1027 1 year ago
Quoted from Homepin:

We made EL panels long before any others.
Sadly, Homepin has had a few holdups that prevented us from getting TAG to market earlier.
This gave others a chance to copy us.
It doesn't concern me - good on them for copying a great idea.

Mike I think vireland was referring to a syntax error regarding the inclusion of an asterisk between "(E.L.)" and "Headbox".

#1028 1 year ago
Quoted from pocketscience:

Mike I think vireland was referring to a syntax error regarding the inclusion of an asterisk between "(E.L.)" and "Headbox".

He was but also added this:

" Also, didn't Attack from Mars remake do the EL head decals first? They looked great at PAGG."

#1029 1 year ago
Quoted from Homepin:

He was but also added this:
" Also, didn't Attack from Mars remake do the EL head decals first? They looked great at PAGG."

Yup, I guess you have to change the copy on the flyer anyway re "first" so the syntax issue is a non-issue.

#1030 1 year ago
Quoted from pocketscience:

Yup, I guess you have to change the copy on the flyer anyway re "first" so the syntax issue is a non-issue.

Sure, but it is approved copy so I won't be changing it - the line at the bottom covers off on it - -

"Specifications are indicative only and subject to change"

#1031 1 year ago

Okies.

Can't wait for Pinfest!

#1032 1 year ago

Technically Big Bang Bar did it first, but who's counting.

#1033 1 year ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Technically Big Bang Bar did it first, but who's counting.

As far as I am aware BBB had a very small EL panel on a plastic ramp - not the entire backbox sides.

Homepin is claiming to be the first to use a full size, backbox side art made from EL.

#1036 1 year ago

We are cutting plastic protectors from the waste areas of the PET-G playfield plastics. They have a bit of red on some but that should be OK.

plastics1 (resized).jpg

plastics2 (resized).jpg

plastics3 (resized).jpg

#1037 1 year ago

Mike, every example of EL wire/paper I've come across in pinball mods has come with the high pitched whine from its power supply/inverter , have you found a way of doing it without the noise?

#1038 1 year ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

we are loading and shipping our first two finished factory Thunderbirds pinball machines on the 30th of August

5... days before the prototype machines are packed and shipped to Australia for the expo.

Thunderbird_5 (resized).jpg

#1039 1 year ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

I've got two guesses,
Barry Oursler, BSD is one of Mikes favorite games
Python, i think TAG would have been a theme he would have liked

Both famous pinball names, I thought it'd be new blood for both design and programming, either way is good. Look at what Spooky and HP are achieving with new blood and the "old" regulars continue to smash it more often than not.

Just curious to know, we'll soon find out as the launch is imminent I guess.

#1040 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Mike, every example of EL wire/paper I've come across in pinball mods has come with the high pitched whine from its power supply/inverter , have you found a way of doing it without the noise?

Yes, this is an issue. We have minimised it by supplying the EL invertor and the Audio board with their own separate, regulated supplies and also by maximising the ground plane.

The noise is still currently there but very low.

#1041 1 year ago
Quoted from Homepin:

We have minimised it by supplying the EL invertor and the Audio board with their own separate, regulated supplies and also by maximising the ground plane.

Now this is why i am soooo looking forward to the release of this machine and why i'm thinking about which machines to sell to have extra cash I think it's pretty clear to everyone now that Thunderbirds isn't just chucked together, the amount of planning and thought involved in all aspects of the process is exceptional. Wish i could get to Pinfest

#1042 1 year ago

This how pinball gets produced when the owner:

A) loves pinball
B) has the technical knowledge to build a pinball machine
C) invests his own money in manufacturing pinball machines
D) doesn't rely on outside money to manufacture pinball machines

#1043 1 year ago

Agreed...but #1 is the main ingredient.

#1044 1 year ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Agreed...but #1 is the main ingredient.

Well not in the case of Stern... The title of the previous comment should have been "This is how quality pinballs get produced when the owner:" Although I do give Gary credit for reinvesting in the business.

#1045 1 year ago

4... more days until the two prototype machines ship.

TB4 (resized).jpg

#1047 1 year ago

What's Mike's background/history in the industry? He clearly knows whats up but I'm curious how he got here.

#1048 1 year ago
Quoted from dudah:

What's Mike's background/history in the industry? He clearly knows whats up but I'm curious how he got here.

http://www.homepin.com/about-us.html

I will also be giving a one hour presentation about exactly your questions here in a couple of weeks:

http://www.vancouverflipout.com/speakers

#1049 1 year ago
Quoted from Homepin:

http://www.homepin.com/about-us.html
I will also be giving a one hour presentation about exactly your questions here in a couple of weeks:
http://www.vancouverflipout.com/speakers

I'm really looking forward to catching your talk in Vancouver! Thanks for making the trip.

#1050 1 year ago

Mike:

Will your machines come with a playfield prop rod? I feel these are absolutely essential when working on the playfield. Especially when working on the flippers, I don't want to have to lean the playfield against the backbox and stand on a step ladder to solder on wires on a flipper coil or EOS switch.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 9,000.00
There are 3983 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 80.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside