Untitled (resized).png
hplockbar (resized).jpg
hpbuttons (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20200808_121939 (resized).jpg
16178194 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 91.
#901 6 years ago

Ahh..really, I must have seen a pinsider's post that said it was around 4k USD. Either way, I agree we won't complain if it's priced higher if the build quality and toys are better than Stern.

#902 6 years ago

shaping up really nicely. great price point.

or theres the classic look translite. (remove the credits )

0 0classic (resized).jpg0 0classic (resized).jpg

#903 6 years ago

It was $5432.10 for pre order, so thats $4312... Not sure how long ago it was when you could have bought a new game for that.

#904 6 years ago

Here's the translite direct from the artist, apparently the colors are not right on the Facebook version posted above.

thunderbirds translite (resized).jpgthunderbirds translite (resized).jpg

#905 6 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

I didn't think that Mike had released pricing yet? I thought he was aiming for $6000 AUD

He released the price on Facebook. Actually his original estimate was AUD $6999 (you can find it further back in the thread), so this latest price of AUD $6499 is cheaper.

#906 6 years ago

Here's a couple of pics of the interior of the cabinets being built now for an expo in Australia:

TAG cabinet interior front (resized).jpgTAG cabinet interior front (resized).jpg TAG cabinet interior back (resized).jpgTAG cabinet interior back (resized).jpg

#907 6 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

He released the price on Facebook. Actually his original estimate was AUD $6999 (you can find it further back in the thread), so this latest price of AUD $6499 is cheaper.

Today: AUD $6499 = $5149 USD which is less expensive than a Stern Pro. I don't know how much it would cost to get one shipped to the US though.

#908 6 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Fantastic. Thanks.

#909 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Today: AUD $6499 = $5149 USD which is less expensive than a Stern Pro. I don't know how much it would cost to get one shipped to the US though.

AU$6499 includes Australian GST of 10% and shipping to Australia from our China factory. This won't be applicable shipped from the Homepin factory in China to the US.

We have a US agent and he will pop his head up when we are able to supply.

#910 6 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

AU$6499 includes Australian GST of 10% and shipping to Australia from our China factory. This won't be applicable shipped from the Homepin factory in China to the US.

Awesome, thanks for the clarification. I am liking this price point!

#911 6 years ago

Good to see you Mike!

Rooting for your success, and all that it brings to you and to the Hobby.

#912 6 years ago

whats the price of a stern pro in the states?

#913 6 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

It was $5432.10 for pre order, so thats $4312... Not sure how long ago it was when you could have bought a new game for that.

It will be about 4 years Rich from having to have money down to pin being available! We also get a limited topper which will not be available on non pre order pins...can't wait!

#914 6 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

whats the price of a stern pro in the states?

Stern lists Star Wars Pro at US$6199

#915 6 years ago

SW PRO is about $5200 in the states.

Back to the topic, the translite/backglass looks great Mike! The DMD panel looks cool too! Will the LED DMD be color or shades of gray?

Quoted from pocketscience:

Stern lists Star Wars Pro at US$6199

#916 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

About $5200 in the states

If you find the right distributor. Most sell for ~$5400

#917 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

If you find the right distributor. Most sell for ~$5400

for interest 5400USD is about 7500AUD once you add our local tax (10%). compared to mikes 6499AUD..

#918 6 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Ahh..really, I must have seen a pinsider's post that said it was around 4k USD. Either way, I agree we won't complain if it's priced higher if the build quality and toys are better than Stern.

There was mention of future titles or original themes hitting that price point

#919 6 years ago

Thanks....

PS: congratulation on achieving this milestone Mike.

#920 6 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Anyone in Europe?

#921 6 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Anyone in Europe?

Yeah Mike you cant build a pin that's shaping up and as good as this without a distributor in Europe

#922 6 years ago

Just picked up Infinity magazine at Barnes and noble. Has a great interview with Gerry Anderson the man behind Thunderbirds,firebirds XL5 and Capt Scarlet.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#923 6 years ago

So when is Australian Expo? I need a countdown to this reveal!

#924 6 years ago

Homepin #2?

To be totally honest I would buy that in a heartbeat to go with Thunderbirds.

#925 6 years ago

Really looking forward to seeing the videos around Early September ? Great price here in Australia also.

#926 6 years ago
Quoted from nikpinball:

So when is Australian Expo? I need a countdown to this reveal!

IMG_2220 (resized).JPGIMG_2220 (resized).JPG

#927 6 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Really looking forward to seeing the videos around September Great price here in Australia to

Not going Pete?

#928 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Not going Pete?

Probably not Mark but if there's ever a year to this would be the year hey

#929 6 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Just picked up Infinity magazine at Barnes and noble. Has a great interview with Gerry Anderson the man behind Thunderbirds,firebirds XL5 and Capt Scarlet.

What a fantastic magazine. Is that a current issue? You gotta love the little Alien in the right hand corner offering free hugs.

#930 6 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Probably not Mark but if there's ever a year to this would be the year hey

For sure.
Last year Mike had the proto there, along with mechs.
Mike did well to keep it all together with all the misfortune and bad luck he went through in the years leading up to that point.
Really, the guys gone to hell and back and due to his absolute pig headedness and will, I have full confidence that he will not only survive but flourish.
I put my money where my mouth is years ago on this pin, along with other boutique manufacturers and I can honestly say this one is the only one I've had full confidence that it would survive.

The proto we saw last year has changed dramatically as I would expect it to, only for the better.
I got to physically handle the some of the mechs and as others have stated, you can't knock the build quality on any of his products.
I'm looking forward to flipping this pin in October.

#931 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

SW PRO is about $5200 in the states.

How does that work? The Stern site clearly lists the price as $6199. How/why do distributors sell it for $1K below that? The margins can't be so great to allow that sort of deep discounting for a brand new product..?

#932 6 years ago
Quoted from pocketscience:

How does that work? The Stern site clearly lists the price as $6199.

Stern's dealer pricing is a bit silly in ways.
Dealers can sell below the listed suggested retail price.
The actual factory cost to dealers is supposed to be a secret, as is any price they quote to customers below suggested retail. They cannot advertise, post, or even email price quotes below listed retail to anyone. But they are allowed to sell below retail, and most do.
There is a minimum price they are allowed to sell for, and that is also a secret.
But if you ask around, you can generally find out what the going price is.
A dealer can quote you their discounted price in person or on the phone.
And yes, $5,200 pro seems about right.

Edit: also glad to see Mike back on here.

#933 6 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Stern's dealer pricing is a bit silly in ways.

Rolex watches are mostly the same way...It looks like Stern modeled itself after it.

#934 6 years ago

You think you guys have a problem with Stern pricing, in the UK a stern pro is £6300, that's $8200, with very little wiggle room !! ( may get 1 or 2 hundred off if you ask nicely ). That's why I'm praying Mike can get Thunderbirds to the UK for significantly less. Unfortunately Mike has said he's struggling to find a distributor.

#935 6 years ago

Here's the Australian Stern pricing, Homepins price compares pretty good and you don't have the worry of servicability of the new machines
https://www.amdcoinop.com/pinball-machines

#936 6 years ago
Quoted from blue95:

and you don't have the worry of servicability of the new machines
https://www.amdcoinop.com/pinball-machines

Let's hope so as it is not proven, YET!

#937 6 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Here's the translite direct from the artist, apparently the colors are not right on the Facebook version posted above.

Hopefully that speaker panel is laser cut stainless steel.

#938 6 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

What a fantastic magazine. Is that a current issue? You gotta love the little Alien in the right hand corner offering free hugs.

Yes I believe it's the current issue.
Just bought it last week but it's from the UK snd I'm in the USA so I guess technically might be last months issue.
I never heard of it before but it's very well done and it covers every series Gerry Anderson was involved with over his entire career. Lots of great pics and loaded with interesting info.
Reading It made me even more excited for the release of the pin!

#939 6 years ago

This is the mini poster inside.

#940 6 years ago

And the first two pages of the article.

#941 6 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Yes I believe it's the current issue.
Just bought it last week but it's from the UK snd I'm in the USA so I guess technically might be last months issue.
I never heard of it before but it's very well done and it covers every series Gerry Anderson was involved with over his entire career. Lots of great pics and loaded with interesting info.
Reading It made me even more excited for the release of the pin!

Thanks

#942 6 years ago

More Facebook updates:

A Homepin shaker motor installed in one of our new cabinets.

TAG shaker (resized).jpgTAG shaker (resized).jpg

Some rails ready for the fitting of our optos, also we supply a REAL mechanical knocker with every pinball machine!

TAG wireform (resized).jpgTAG wireform (resized).jpg

TAG knocker (resized).jpgTAG knocker (resized).jpg

#943 6 years ago

Here's a recent post from an Australian forum:

With all this recent talk about "repair-ability" of modern pinballs I thought I would share a couple of things here.

Our lamp boards almost all use 3 LEDs in series with a 1W resistor so they are far from stressed and are actually operating at about 1/3 of their maximum ratings. They are also very easily replaced.

lamps (resized).jpglamps (resized).jpg

Almost all of our other boards are made using through hole COMMON parts where possible. Some things simply are not made in through hole anymore and when we find that we try and use other parts. Sometimes it's inevitable and we have to use the SMT part but we avoid that as much as possible. In most cases there simply is no need whatsoever to use SMD for most pinball boards.

Like these simple interface boards using ordinary parts:

interface (resized).jpginterface (resized).jpg

#944 6 years ago

Real knocker for the win!

#945 6 years ago

Hey just a thought -- instead of a real knocker how about the sound of a shopping cart running over the foot of a small Chihuahua who then screams at the top of his lungs and pierces your ears?
Wait, no -- some manufacturer already came up with that horrible idea to make modern pinball just a little more unbearable.
Ok I'll let you know if I come up with anything new...

-mof

#946 6 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Hey just a thought -- instead of a real knocker how about the sound of a shopping cart running over the foot of a small Chihuahua who then screams at the top of his lungs and pierces your ears?

Thank you for that, it's been a long day at work today and that just gave me a good giggle. Very true though can't imagine who thought that horrible screech was a good idea.

#947 6 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

More Facebook updates:
A Homepin shaker motor installed in one of our new cabinets.

Seems like asking for trouble to leave the sides of the shaker motor open. Wonder why they just don't have a plastic bucket over it like everyone else that protects all sides from intrusion?

#948 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Seems like asking for trouble to leave the sides of the shaker motor open. Wonder why they just don't have a plastic bucket over it like everyone else that protects all sides from intrusion?

Looks like the counterweight area is covered. But between you and I, there are many more dangerous things under that pf than the shaker motor.

#949 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Thank you for that, it's been a long day at work today and that just gave me a good giggle. Very true though can't imagine who thought that horrible screech was a good idea.

First time I heard it I thought the sound board had just fried or something else horrible was happening to the machine.

#950 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The stainless steel case completely encases the spinning weights. There is no way anything can get near any moving parts as long as the covers are left bolted to the frame - hence the warning to NEVER operate the shaker with the covers removed.

There are 4,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 91.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepin-official-thread-pinball-parts-machine-progress/page/19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.