New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 172723)

Homepin OFFICIAL Thread - Pinball Parts & Machine Progress

By Homepin

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4,311 posts
  • 401 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 80 days ago by wiredoug
  • Topic is favorited by 166 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 769 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20200808_121939 (resized).jpg
16178194 (resized).jpg
taiwanmike (resized).jpg
4D4A3346-0315-415D-B99B-68DA9933C456 (resized).jpeg
inside (resized).jpg
outside (resized).jpg
84584653_635900340515446_416112507699068928_o (resized).jpg
2DCC7FE2-B3A0-42C0-8990-9954D1BCA5D7_1_201_a (resized).jpeg
974F5C1E-9523-4DAA-9379-A3000F8A641C (resized).jpeg
83059929_160014771965732_3982039144204337152_n (resized).jpg
60BE80EE-1964-4CB7-8493-93C2283952B6 (resized).jpeg
F18DDEF4-7FB5-46E6-B018-5CD180662B86 (resized).jpeg
20200111_063452 (resized).jpg
81781551_618896412215839_6759575124225032192_n (resized).jpg
screen-capture-4 (resized).png
73209863_556397155132432_4970388802087419904_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4311 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 87.
#851 3 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

With all these mechanisms/gadgets, it looks like it will slow the game right down? Could be good if telling a story and hopefully
not Similar to Mavericks paddle wheel lock which is rather laborious.
Suppose we will see how they fit into game sooner or later.

Not necessarily, if these mechanisms are part of a Thunderbirds multi ball. I can I magine a five ball multi ball. Then these mechanisms can operate simultaniaously to release each ball representing T1-T5. It wouldn't slow the play down, only provide the requisite pause before the multi ball.

I'm not sure if this is how it will play out, but it's fun to speculate.

#852 3 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

Not necessarily, if these mechanisms are part of a Thunderbirds multi ball. I can I magine a five ball multi ball. Then these mechanisms can operate simultaniaously to release each ball representing T1-T5. It wouldn't slow the play down, only provide the requisite pause before the multi ball.
I'm not sure if this is how it will play out, but it's fun to speculate.

The whole 5, 4, 3, 2, 1... Thunderbirds are go, lends itself pretty well to these mechs offering up a pause to allow for that iconic countdown to playout.

I am not the biggest fan of stop and go play, my current collection shows that, but these mechs look awesome so I don't think I will have much of a problem watching these in action, like you said to start a multiball these will be pretty entertaining and its nice to see mechs being built round a game/theme, not what we have become used to which is all too often a game built and a theme slapped onto it.

#853 3 years ago

With all these mechanisms/gadgets, it looks like it will slow the game right down?

Thunderbirds wasn't exactly the fastest moving show.

#854 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Even in the 60's it was slow. By 2017 standards it's pace is glacial.

#855 3 years ago

In the 90s Fox shortened them to half hour episodes and added rock music and even then it was slow.

#856 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Totally!

#857 3 years ago

Mike has just confirmed he'll be speaking at Vancouver FlipOut Pinball Expo Sep 22-24, 2017 www.VancouverFlipOut.com

Looking forward to hearing about Thunderbirds and Homepin's factory in China!

#858 3 years ago
Quoted from FlipperFreak:

Mike has just confirmed he'll be speaking at Vancouver FlipOut Pinball Expo Sep 22-24, 2017 http://www.VancouverFlipOut.com
Looking forward to hearing about Thunderbirds and Homepin's factory in China!

That's great news flipperfreak!!! I'm really looking forward to seeing what Mike has to share. Any chance he will be bringing a game to the show?

#859 3 years ago
Quoted from woz:

That's great news flipperfreak!!! I'm really looking forward to seeing what Mike has to share. Any chance he will be bringing a game to the show?

It won't be ready in time for VFO 2017. I know he's presenting Thunderbirds at a pinball show in Australia this coming October. However, he'll be doing a full presentation at Vancouver FlipOut and bringing us all up to speed regarding production. Can't wait!

#860 3 years ago
Quoted from FlipperFreak:

It won't be ready in time for VFO 2017. I know he's presenting Thunderbirds at a pinball show in Australia this coming October. However, he'll be doing a full presentation at Vancouver FlipOut and bringing us all up to speed regarding production. Can't wait!

Very cool! Looking forward to this one.

#861 3 years ago

right on... still trying to convince the wife to let me out for the flip out. would love to hear Mike speak.

#862 3 years ago

From Facebook:

A full set of playfield LED lamp boards for Thunderbirds pinball

TAG lamp boards (resized).jpg

#863 3 years ago

im guesing that top one is for the backbox
looks like it will blind the player

#864 3 years ago

Another:

A batch of Tracy Island mechs waiting for the controller PCBs to be fitted

TAG Tracy Island mechs (resized).jpg

1 week later
#865 3 years ago

FYI - from Facebook:

Ignore the "appearance" of the lockdown bar being bent. It's a trick of the camera lens.

This is one of the cabinets we will be shipping to Pinfest in Newcastle Australia 7/8th October.

20622171_1438012099608128_7437393987324786967_n (resized).jpg

#866 3 years ago

IMG_8749 (resized).JPG

#867 3 years ago

Apparently the coin door config depends on the country and a "normal" door is also available.

#868 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

FYI - from Facebook:
Ignore the "appearance" of the lockdown bar being bent. It's a trick of the camera lens.
This is one of the cabinets we will be shipping to Pinfest in Newcastle Australia 7/8th October.

I love that bill acceptor slot area!

BUT...

There really should be an art decal for home use owners...

#869 3 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

I love that bill acceptor slot area!
BUT...
There really should be an art decal for home use owners...

You just select the 2 slot coin door option. No biggie.

#870 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

My digital camera bends everything to hell. How come that never happened when we used real film?

#871 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

My digital camera bends everything to hell. How come that never happened when we used real film?

You must consult the Oracle.

#872 3 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

You must consult the Oracle.

I did and it's no help.

th (resized).jpg

#873 3 years ago

Love that artwork, perfectly captures the feel of the show, looks great!

Is it just me or does Virgil and Gordon have there eyes closed on the translite?

#874 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Because "real" cameras traditionally used 35mm lenses.

Any focal length less than 35mm will "fisheye" the picture. A proper "fisheye" lens is around 10-15mm. They round the edges to an extreme degree, like in the picture below.

They use 28mm -24mm on a lot of the smaller digital cameras to get a more wide angle picture ... problem is, you end up with some line distortion, as per Mikes picture.

rd

IMG_6728 (resized).JPG

#875 3 years ago

From Homepin facebook:

IMG_5416 (resized).JPG

#876 3 years ago

I like the backglass.

#877 3 years ago

They look more puppety than they really are.

#878 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Probably has a quasi-wide angle "general purpose" lens. Older cameras didn't. The wider the view, the more distortion is possible.

#879 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Probably has a quasi-wide angle or wide angle "general purpose" lens. Older cameras didn't.

My older Nikon coolpix didn't do it, the newer one does. I liked the old camera because it was compact and fairly cheap. When it broke I bought the newest one and something has changed.

#880 3 years ago

Actual post:

IMG_5418 (resized).PNG

#881 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I like the backglass.

Actually, is it a translite or backglass? I'm sure that's been answered already but can't remember.

#882 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

They look more puppety than they really are.

How could they look more puppety than a puppet?

#883 3 years ago

I think this game is shaping up really nicely. The artwork looks great, all the mechs look fantastic and the build quality is of Mike's usual high standard. If the code is good and the price is as projected this should be a real winner.

#884 3 years ago

So this is going to be the first "real" sub $4k pinball game since I don't remember when. I can't wait to see the pf.

#885 3 years ago

Everything about this pin is awesome to see unfold. I never understood the fascination with the Thunderbirds series. Maybe I just couldn't relate to it, but I do appreciate the fascination with the pin and the engineering behind it.

#886 3 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

How could they look more puppety than a puppet?

sometimes hand drawn art for a marionette just seems weird? I think I would prefer photoshop IMO

#887 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

My older Nikon coolpix didn't do it, the newer one does. I liked the old camera because it was compact and fairly cheap. When it broke I bought the newest one and something has changed.

You're talking about barrel distortion?

#888 3 years ago

sometimes hand drawn art for a marionette just seems weird? I think I would prefer photoshop IMO

Agreed.

team america (resized).jpg

#889 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

FYI - from Facebook:

Is the front rail locked all the way down? The shooter and door in this photo look lower than in the flyer photo.
Good looking game.

#890 3 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

So this is going to be the first "real" sub $4k pinball game since I don't remember when. I can't wait to see the pf.

Doubt it will be sub $US4k.
Landed RRP price in Australia is $A6.5k including 10% GST and the current exchange rate is 0.78

#891 3 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

It's going to be very competitively priced ... but not quite that competitive.

rd

#892 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

It's going to be very competitively priced ... but not quite that competitive.
rd

Regardless of price it will shit on games in terms of innovative mechanical design and maintenance issues. In terms of game play it def wont be worse than most things that have come out recently.

#893 3 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Regardless of price it will shit on games in terms of innovative mechanical design and maintenance issues. In terms of game play it def wont be worse than most things that have come out recently.

Agreed ... Mike is using BW style parts, and proper dedicated driver boards (no PC!) so I'm sure it will prove to be a reliable platform.

Spooky also went down the same path ... mostly BW repro parts and their own CPU/driver board. And that's proven to be stable and reliable as well.

rd

#894 3 years ago

Dave tell me your getting Houdini

#895 3 years ago

I think I would prefer photoshop IMO

Really? I'm so glad Mike went with hand-drawn, it gives the machine a classic feel and it makes it a unique art piece. I love the art so far, I hope the playfield is in a similar classic pinball style.

AUD $6499 puts it about USD $5200 at the moment. If Homepin can hit that price in the US and the layout is decent it will make for very interesting times, Stern's first real competitor at the Pro price-point in the new millennium.

#896 3 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Dave tell me your getting Houdini

Not at this stage. Played it, plays ok.

One can only buy so many pins.

rd

#897 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

One can only buy so many pins

I have some room left in the shed if you want to offload some

#898 3 years ago

Yep, really.
Looking forward to the reveal at Pinfest as the hype is really building now and would love to see more opinions on everything to do with this pin. Art, game play, build, quality and fun factor. Being un biased of course

#899 3 years ago

From Facebook when asked about different models ' No. We don't believe is cheaping out - we sell ONE model WITH all the bells and whistles such as coin mech, shaker motor and many other features INCLUDED, some others charge extra for these '

Stern don't even fit a shaker to an LE anymore!.

#900 3 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Really? I'm so glad Mike went with hand-drawn, it gives the machine a classic feel and it makes it a unique art piece. I love the art so far, I hope the playfield is in a similar classic pinball style.
AUD $6499 puts it about USD $5200 at the moment. If Homepin can hit that price in the US and the layout is decent it will make for very interesting times, Stern's first real competitor at the Pro price-point in the new millennium.

I didn't think that Mike had released pricing yet? I thought he was aiming for $6000 AUD

It is level with the US Stern Pro price point, but with more features than a Stern LE. Very good value.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 9.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
€ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 35.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos
$ 159.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 18.00
Cabinet - Decals
Top-Notch Target Shields
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 21.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Boards
PinSound
Tools
Troxel Repair
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 19.99
Playfield - Plastics
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 199.99
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
There are 4311 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 87.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside