Topic Stats

• 4,307 posts
  • 400 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 days ago by HIPPO
  • Topic is favorited by 167 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 768 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

16178194 (resized).jpg
taiwanmike (resized).jpg
4D4A3346-0315-415D-B99B-68DA9933C456 (resized).jpeg
inside (resized).jpg
outside (resized).jpg
84584653_635900340515446_416112507699068928_o (resized).jpg
2DCC7FE2-B3A0-42C0-8990-9954D1BCA5D7_1_201_a (resized).jpeg
974F5C1E-9523-4DAA-9379-A3000F8A641C (resized).jpeg
83059929_160014771965732_3982039144204337152_n (resized).jpg
60BE80EE-1964-4CB7-8493-93C2283952B6 (resized).jpeg
F18DDEF4-7FB5-46E6-B018-5CD180662B86 (resized).jpeg
20200111_063452 (resized).jpg
81781551_618896412215839_6759575124225032192_n (resized).jpg
screen-capture-4 (resized).png
73209863_556397155132432_4970388802087419904_n (resized).jpg
Kung Fu Panda (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4307 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 87.
#751 3 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Calling for Mike homepin

You might have to fax him. The local guard might have blocked his internet connection.

#752 3 years ago

he was posting on AA yesterday
maybe there is nothing new to report?

#753 3 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

he was posting on AA yesterday
maybe there is nothing new to report?

Quoted from Homepin:

Until Robin finishes the update that allows me to moderate the thread I'm unlikely to waste any more time updating it. I simply don't have the time to discuss and explain myself to the doubters and pests

#754 3 years ago

right now Mike is building a handful of proto types to put on location in China, i am not expecting him to post photos of these games
his next move is pinball expo in Newcastle, and a big reveal there. id expect a few pictures of a game being loaded in a container, but n9thing else until the expo

#755 3 years ago

Well, then trusty followers of this thread, lets ping Robin for the OP can moderate feature. I've pinged Robin myself. Please send Robin a PM.

#756 3 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

right now Mike is building a handful of proto types to put on location in China, i am not expecting him to post photos of these games
his next move is pinball expo in Newcastle, and a big reveal there. id expect a few pictures of a game being loaded in a container, but n9thing else until the expo

https://www.facebook.com/events/403030406762729/

#757 3 years ago

Mike come back !
Forget about the riff raff.

#758 3 years ago
Quoted from Hitch9:

Mike come back !
Forget about the riff raff.

Thanks to this thread I've added even more riff raff to the ignore list.

There was a thread for nothing but Predator news that was self moderated. So a Homepin thread should be able to be made the same.

#759 3 years ago

Moderation and home pin. Two different issues.

Home pin. I hope you keep posting relevant info, thanks.

Moderation. A very slippery slope. Self moderation. Hmmm.

#760 3 years ago

Wtf guys? I've been in the hospital with my wife for the past week and sit down this morning and see 80+ new posts. Brain Immediately thought awesome! Mike has posted some pics of new cool shit and everyone is praising his work. Unfortunately I get 4 pages of this junk
My second favorite thread got derailed and looks like it's heading for the drain.

#761 3 years ago

I sure hope we get more posts and pics. I always looked forward to a new post showing up on my favorite threads report.

#762 3 years ago

Mike has committed to sending out update to pre order buyers by the end of this week. He is rushing to get prototype pin ready by 30th Aug to ship to Australia for Pinfest in October! I think this will be the first time we will get to see completed pin...Mike will prob not allow pics if pin has not been revealed to public. Will take pics and post if allowed....it's getting close now 5432 just waiting on 1 pin then TAG....FAB!

#763 3 years ago

Mike just posted a short vid on AA. Can already see there is more toys on pin than SW lol

Shows TB1 ball lock release coming up through pool, looks cool. Not sure if it will be posted here.

#765 3 years ago

Awesome integration of the pool into the pin!

#766 3 years ago

Here's the Thunderbird launch sequence for those unfamiliar:

#767 3 years ago

Some more pics which Mike posted of the Thunderbirds 1 ball launch mechanism and a couple of decals they had printed:

ti1 (resized).jpgti2 (resized).jpgti3 (resized).jpgti4 (resized).jpgstickers (resized).jpgstickers2 (resized).jpg

#768 3 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

» YouTube video

That looks awesome!

#769 3 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Here's the Thunderbird launch sequence for those unfamiliar:
» YouTube video

Do you think they knew how enduring that piece of video would be? At that time, they had the coolest toys on the planet. 1965,1966.

i wasn't even born yet. i bet those guys filming this had a blast.

#770 3 years ago

Reminds me of the hidden volcano launch pad in 'You Only Live Twice'. 1967.

Edit: Appears that it is not much of a coincidence after all!

From the Wikipedia 'Thunderbirds' entry:
"The effects for all the APF series from Supercar to UFO were directed by Derek Meddings, who later worked on the James Bond and Superman films."

Probably old news to you Thunderbirds enthusiasts, but I never watched the show, so interesting to me as a Bond fan.

EDIT #2: Apparently it was just a coincidence, as evidenced from this quote found in a discussion of the film 'You Only Live Twice'.

"Eon Productions considered hiring Century 21 Productions - the company that made Gerry Anderson and Sylvia Anderson's Supermarionation shows including Stingray (1964), Thunderbirds (1965), and Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons (1967) - to help out with the film's Special Effects work. It would not be until The Man with the Golden Gun (1974), that Derek Meddings, Chief Effects Technician for the Andersons, would go to work on a Bond film."

I suppose the fact that they were considering using Derek Meddings may mean that EON Productions was aware of his work on Thunderbirds. But no solid proof that the volcano scene in You Only Live Twice was inspired by the swimming pool in Thunderbirds

#771 3 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

» YouTube video

$%#$@# awesome

#772 3 years ago

^^^^^ This!!

#774 3 years ago

Now thst is how you design mechs around your theme!

Take note Stern, that is how you design around your theme and not just design a random game and slap a theme on it!

Theme integration on Thunderbirds is going to be awesome!

#775 3 years ago

Innovation people!

#776 3 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

That's a very cool mech!

Very cool and I am sure reliable!

#777 3 years ago

Does a motor control board really need to have it's own microprocessor?

#778 3 years ago

Looks fantastic Mike Really looking forward to seeing the finished product.

#779 3 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Some more pics which Mike posted of the Thunderbirds 1 ball launch mechanism and a couple of decals they had printed:

Why a warning in millimeters? Wouldn't 20CM (or 8 inches for the USA) make more sense? 200mm looks kind of silly.

#780 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Why a warning in millimeters? Wouldn't 20CM (or 8 inches for the USA) make more sense? 200mm looks kind of silly.

Aus is metric, so guessing and read before that the game including all the mechs being all metric, which is fine for their system but not ideal for replacement parts for other games if people had their eye on swapping parts.

1" = 25.4mm
so
200mm = 7.87"

#781 3 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Aus is metric, so guessing and read before that the game including all the mechs being all metric, which is fine for their system but not ideal for replacement parts for other games if people had their eye on swapping parts.
1" = 25.4mm
so
200mm = 7.87"

No, I get the metric thing, but why choose mm, when cm would do fine? 20cm seems less ridiculous than 200mm. The ultra-fine resolution seems excessive and silly for humans.

#782 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

No, I get the metric thing, but why choose mm, when cm would do fine? 20cm seems less ridiculous than 200mm. The ultra-fine resolution seems excessive and silly for humans.

fair point, and being a engineer myself I always refer to measurements in mm's so I get it, but get your point.

doubt mike will be here anytime soon to answer those questions.

#783 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Almost everything here is measured in millimetres, not centimetres. Everything from furniture, to hardware. It may be unusual to those from other parts of the world, but completely normal here in Australia. In fact, seeing something measured in centimetres seems odd to me.

#784 3 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

Almost everything here is measured in millimetres, not centimetres. Everything from furniture, to hardware. It may be unusual to those from other parts of the world, but completely normal here in Australia. In fact, seeing something measured in centimetres seems odd to me.

Yup
Screenshot_2017-07-15-19-22-05-87 (resized).png

#785 3 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

I can understand where you're talking about building dimensions or part dimensions or something where that level of resolution is required, but it just seems weird to see it on a message saying "lift this much" since cm would be fine and resolution down to the mm level is unnecessary. I guess it's not too late to change heretofore-unknown-outside-Australia mm tradition, such as it seems to be. Homepin can lead the way with messages in cm!

#786 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

I guess it's not too late to change heretofore-unknown-outside-Australia mm tradition, such as it seems to be. Homepin can lead the way with messages in cm!

MM is used world wide. I hardly ever hear anyone say "centimetre".

All through Asia, everything is said "mm" ... "1400 m m".

Children in school are taught in CM and MM but MM is definitely the measurement of choice out in the workplace.

rd

#787 3 years ago

in construction, trades and the like... its all in mm

#788 3 years ago

This really is a none issue, there are far bigger concerns in the pinball world (non delivered games, unfinished code, poor quality control) than whether or not to use mm or cm.

mm is the universal measurement, for accuracy and it's very simple to convert into cm on the fly, even for those like me who suck at mathematics.

#789 3 years ago

I'm late to the party but thank you for sharing such personal information about your wife and life together.

Ignore the trolls. The rest of us should make up for them. They are few, the positives are many.

Thank you for your continous hard work and good luck in future ventures.

#790 3 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

» YouTube video

Watching this again, it's just awesome how the mech has been built to replicate the launch sequence from the show!

I know other manufacturers would have just put any old off the shelf part like a VUK and consider it good/close enough, but the TB1 mech is going to look great sync with DMD animations, although after seeing that mech working I now kind of wish it was going to be sync'd with LCD footage.

Cannot wait to see Thunderbird 2 mech

#791 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

MM is used world wide. I hardly ever hear anyone say "centimetre".
Children in school are taught in CM and MM but MM is definitely the measurement of choice out in the workplace.
rd

Trying coming to Canada. Everything is in cm and I'm looking for inches. Couldn't even Imagine trying to convert to mm. That's way too much math.

What is your height measured in on your drivers license? Here its cm but if someone asked how tall I was I'd say 6 ft 3" Sound funny if I said 190cm or whatever it converts to.

#792 3 years ago

If mm vs cm is such an issue, then divide by 10 ... it's metric, it's not as if there is obtuse factoring.

#793 3 years ago

#794 3 years ago

I actually love having everything listed in mm and wish the US would switch.

#795 3 years ago

Quoted from rotordave:MM is used world wide. I hardly ever hear anyone say "centimetre".
rd

Way back in 1979 I was in elementary school /4th grade.
The teacher said the USA is switching to the metric system.
My buddies and I were like WTF this is so confusing mm,cm's
And the conversion from inches what a hassle. That only lasted one year and they canceled the whole idea.
USA! USA! USA! We have our antiquated system and we are keeping it.
A std door being 2040 mm seems comical in comparison to our 6ft8inch std.

#796 3 years ago

How is a 10 factor not easier for you yanks?

metric (resized).jpg
USvsEU (resized).png

#797 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I actually love having everything listed in mm and wish the US would switch.

Damn straight. In the 1970's they were teaching us metrics & the USA was supposed to be changing over.
Total BS, we should be metric here, it just plain makes more sense.

#798 3 years ago

Back on topic.
This machine has me really excited!
I Loved watching the reruns of this show as a kid in the 70's.
Someone track down one of the test machines in China and post a video!!!!!

#799 3 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Damn straight. In the 1970's they were teaching us metrics & the USA was supposed to be changing over.
Total BS, we should be metric here, it just plain makes more sense.

Protectionism, unfortunately.

#800 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Now thst is how you design mechs around your theme!
Take note Stern, that is how you design around your theme and not just design a random game and slap a theme on it!
Theme integration on Thunderbirds is going to be awesome!

Exactly, we've been fed so much crap for so long that we've forgotten what it's like to design a game around a theme.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, NC
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 38.00
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 26.95
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 20.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 35.00
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 289.00
$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
There are 4307 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 87.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside