Untitled (resized).png
hplockbar (resized).jpg
hpbuttons (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20200808_121939 (resized).jpg
16178194 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 91.
#701 6 years ago

I always liked Dewey, Cheatum and Howe. Oh wait... wrong thread.

#702 6 years ago
Quoted from alpha70:

Mike is a bully and a wanker.

So this only gets a thread eject??!!!!

This sort of BS should be a no warning Pinside permanent ban. An unprovoked personal attack from nowhere. Why do we need him/her on the site?

Wouldn't be surprised if it's just Pinsanity's alternate account. He's is a well known career troll that has been banned already from another site and just moved his trolling to Pinside. This is just the latest example.

#703 6 years ago

Same as above ^^^^^^^^ +100%

#704 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

So this only gets a thread eject??!!!!
This sort of BS should be a no warning Pinside permanent ban. An unprovoked personal attack from nowhere. Why do we need him/her on the site?
Wouldn't be surprised if it's just Pinsanity's alternate account. He's is a well known career troll that has been banned already from another site and just moved his trolling to Pinside. This is just the latest example.

I agree with this 100 percent!

It looks like this member is now banned. It says "Inactive member".

#705 6 years ago

Mike, I had to check the dictionary to get the full sentence meaning

You generate jeaulosy, which is finally a sign that you're doing something nice!
Go on like this, you're a good man!

#706 6 years ago

Member "Oldschool1969" is downvoting many posts in this thread. He is also a well known troll and "Homepin hater" for reasons unknown to me.

I am outing "Oldschool1969" and putting you on notice about your antisocial actions.

I will be making a complaint directly to Robin about you and believe me, he has grown very tired of childish behavior like yours.

If you have a beef with me then grow some balls and come out and say what that is so I can address it. Otherwise bugger off from my thread!

#707 6 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Member "Oldschool1969" is downvoting many posts in this thread. He is also a well known troll and "Homepin hater" for reasons unknown to me.
I am outing "Oldschool1969" and putting you on notice about your antisocial actions.
I will be making a complaint directly to Robin about you and believe me, he has grown very tired of childish behavior like yours.
If you have a beef with me then grow some balls and come out and say what that is so I can address it. Otherwise bugger off from my thread!

Don't worry so much about downvotes. It's a public forum.

#708 6 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Don't worry so much about downvotes. It's a public forum.

I'm not but I am well aware of this persons actions on another forum where he has been warned by the mods on numerous occasions for exactly this type of negative and disruptive behaviour.

Robin is working on a system that allows the OP of a thread to delete posts or block members in that thread. That system would resolve this issue once and for all.

Why have the last 10 or so posts been about crap like this???? I am just too busy right now to bother with clowns that seek to undermine what I am doing and make no mistake, Oldschool is certainly another of those.

#709 6 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

OLDSKOOL1969 mate get it right, the other old school may bet offended.
I did try and have a discussion with you once, NEVER again. This was on another forum and you know damn well why. Look what happened there.
I down vote because I disagree with certain said comments. I have balls but every time something is said I get BULLIED! Like what you are doing now. Doesn't bother me though. Words can never huet me.
Stop being a princess and understand that you are NOT the messiah, you are a very naughty boy.
I learnt NOT to speak my mind against you in a forum thread as you can't handle it.
Also I am NOT a HOMEPIN hater, far from it. I do enjoy this thread very much and wish you well. There is also a lot of stuff that is well hhhhhhhhmmmm! To say the least.
Go run to Robin and get censorship on my free thought again , you sook. Better still get the mods to take away thumbs down.
Also please notice I have down voted MANY people in this thread and also up vote MANY in this thread.
Go find your safe space.
BTW, if someone disagrees with you, it does not make them a TROLL.
Who is childish
Andy

#710 6 years ago

While the updates about manufacturing every part of a pinball machine are interesting, I don't see this as a major indication of future success, as some have suggested. Supply chain control and cost containment can be valuable elements of a manufacturing business and Homepin clearly seems to understand how to engineer pinball parts. Still, like most businesses, pinball is hard and there's so much more than manufacturing the pin.

How the game shoots, the theme, artwork, code and support are all important aspects of running a pinball company, if the market and Pinside are any indication of what consumers expect.

Great food at a restaurant usually isn't enough to stay in business - location, leadership, staffing, knowing how to buy provisions, marketing and a host of other factors typically dictate success as much as good food. If the food sucks, then you're out of luck, regardless of the other facets of the business, of course.

If Homepin is a raving success and people are happy with the pins they purchase then everyone wins. Given what we've seen with other pinball manufacturers, not just recently, but throughout history, it's probably wise to reserve judgement before people start flipping games.

What I have seen, just via this forum, is an owner that's way too caught up with online battles and doesn't seem too concerned about the perception of his company when he posts in this and other threads on Pinside. which leaves a really bad taste in my mouth. I'm not just talking about addressing trolls, but posts that I consider as condescending, especially to those seeking help.

No need to thread eject, I'm leaving, draining, and moving on, but wanted to add my two cents before doing so.

#711 6 years ago

By now it should be pretty obvious to all following this thread exactly why no other manufacturers bother commenting on Pinside or showing what they do.

If and when they do, it's the same old bashing story from the same few Pinsiders and so they (like me) give up and move on. We have far better things to do.

Until Robin finishes the update that allows me to moderate the thread I'm unlikely to waste any more time updating it. I simply don't have the time to discuss and explain myself to the doubters and pests. I am the moderator of my threads on AA and, even though I am able to, I have never needed to moderate a post on AA because people on there know (like oldskool) that they will get booted from the site quick smart if they cause trouble.

I don't mind showing what we are doing but I don't have time for the endless bullshit that a few carry on with here.

If those following this thread wish to see more I suggest you write a quick note to Robin and tell him about it. This place still needs a clean up and I know they are trying their best but......................

I 100% understand why Stern doesn't tolerate any nonsense on their FB page - they are simply too busy and, most times, it isn't constructive criticism it's just outright whining. They are certainly NEVER likely to post anything here.

See you at Pinfest Newcastle in October.

#712 6 years ago

Hi Mike,

I'm not sure if you are aware of it but there is already an "announcement only" subforum here on Pinside:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announcements-only#post-3725616

It's not exactly what you want, because no replies to posts are allowed at all and each thread can only have one post, but you could perhaps use it as an interim measure.

#713 6 years ago

I really enjoy reading your production posts. I do not understand why you do not just ignore the comments you do not like. It's not that hard to do. When you get pissed off, they win. Please just ignore them.

#714 6 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

I really enjoy reading your production posts. I do not understand why you do not just ignore the comments you do not like. It's not that hard to do. When you get pissed off, they win. Please just ignore them.

+1 - totally agree

#715 6 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

+2 - totally agree. If you ignore user you will not see any of their posts. Too easy! If you guys want to punch on, do it behind the dunnies (toilets), not on an international pinball forum. Very disappointing.

I love this thread and would like for it to continue. Eventually these negative pages will disappear in to the thread and all will be forgiven and forgotten. Lets get back to Thunderbirds! 5, 4, 3, 2, 1..

#716 6 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

I am the moderator of my threads on AA and, even though I am able to, I have never ( pfft!) needed to moderate a post on AA because people on there know (like oldskool) that they will get booted from the site quick smart if they cause trouble.

Sad day for Pinside when you can moderate your own threads, oh and by the way I still look at AA, I just don't bother to comment as I know what sort of out of control moderation can happen.
Keep posting here please as I said, I and many others enjoy it.
I know you think I am a dickhead, just simply ignore me. Like I said I don't comment any more, but will down vote If I feel the need. Not just you but also any others I have an opinion of.
Keep well Mike
Andy

#717 6 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

I enjoy updates as well. Thank you.

#718 6 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

why no other manufacturers bother commenting on Pinside or showing what they do

Actually both Stern and JJP disallow their employees from posting on forums, both because they don't want things leaked and because they don't want their employees engaging in arguments. The day after Keith Elwin announced he accepted a job for Stern, his account was de-activated:
https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/sk8ball

#719 6 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Actually both Stern and JJP disallow their employees from posting on forums, both because they don't want things leaked and because they don't want their employees engaging in arguments. The day after Keith Elwin announced he accepted a job for Stern, his account was de-activated:

wasn't a JJP engineer or programmer posting on pinside? swear I talked to some guy about Woz's hdd.

#720 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

wasn't a JJP engineer or programmer posting on pinside? swear I talked to some guy about Woz's hdd.

Yes, JJP has several people who post fairly regularly. I believe their policy is less no posting and more "you represent JJP in public be careful what you say".

Back on topic: Looking forward to the big reveal for Thunderbirds!

#721 6 years ago
Quoted from oohlou:

Yes, JJP has several people who post fairly regularly. I believe their policy is less no posting and more "you represent JJP in public be careful what you say".
Back on topic: Looking forward to the big reveal for Thunderbirds!

If deadflip streams this week the internet may blow itself up!

Off topic, TB, I can't wait to see more!

#722 6 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

I wonder if Howie Feltersnatch knows Hugh Jasoul?

Hahahaha...damn I'm slow, I only just got the joke...it only took 3 days...lol...

#723 6 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Robin is working on a system that allows the OP of a thread to delete posts or block members in that thread. That system would resolve this issue once and for all.

This is an absolutely terrible idea.

It will however get manufacturers and those in the industry more involved in Pinside, but probably not in a way or manner that many would wish for ...

There's a moderator team for a reason. Sometimes they do their job well, sometimes not. However, throwing the baby out with the bathwater, as I'd consider the above, would be a huge step back.

It's so ripe for abuse, and if implemented will certainly be abused.

#724 6 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

JJP guys post on Pinside, and about their machines, too.

Keith (coder) and Eric (designer of game #4).

#725 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

This is an absolutely terrible idea.
It will however get manufacturers and those in the industry more involved in Pinside, but probably not in a way or manner that many would wish for ...
There's a moderator team for a reason. Sometimes they do their job well, sometimes not. However, throwing the baby out with the bathwater, as I'd consider the above, would be a huge step back.
It's so ripe for abuse, and if implemented will certainly be abused.

I wish Mike could edit this thread and keep it clean. He could start with deleting all the static about jjps posting rules and what stern is doing....

Not every poster should be able to moderate their own thread but certain types of threads such as this or a restoration documentation should be allowed to stay on topic.

#726 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I wish Mike could edit this thread and keep it clean. He could start with deleting all the static about jjps posting rules and what stern is doing....
Not every poster should be able to moderate their own thread but certain types of threads such as this or a restoration documentation should be allowed to stay on topic.

It's July 4th. A good day to remember the value of free speech.

I realize this is a privately owned site, and therefore not a true first amendment issue, but I still think there is value in minimizing censorship.

#727 6 years ago

If giving Mike the ability to moderate this thread will convince him to continue sharing the progress of Homepin, then I am all for it.

If this thread stays positive, then we can keep getting updates. The negativity, vendettas and pinball politics (under the guise of free speech) can be taken elsewhere. It is as simple as that.

#728 6 years ago

Or, as some sites have, a moderated Thread. All posts go to a mod first, and then posted to the thread.

#729 6 years ago

or simply ban trouble makers/trolls
i also belong to an adult Lego forum, bigger than this site.
they have zero tolerance for negativity, i think you may get one warning, then you are permabanned

I'll ask the mods this, have you ever had a repeating offending troll ever see the light ahd change his attitude?

#730 6 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

or simply ban trouble makers/trolls
i also belong to an adult Lego forum, bigger than this site.
they have zero tolerance for negativity, i think you may get one warning, then you are permabanned
I'll ask the mods this, have you ever had a repeating offending troll ever see the light ahd change his attitude?

wait, there's and "adult" lego site? I didn't even know there were adult legos! Legos are bad enough just stepping on one in your bare feet let alone...... "adult" stuff.

#731 6 years ago

It really wouldn't be a big deal. You have an "official" thread for each company which everyone knows is moderated by that company. The various companies can come on here knowing that they have control over their brand. If someone has an issue with a particular company they can start another "neutral" thread and voice their concerns. The company can choose whether or not to respond in the neutral thread. Everyone is happy.

#732 6 years ago

Nothing makes everyone happy.

#733 6 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

Nothing makes everyone happy.

Well....not on Pinside.

#734 6 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

If giving Mike the ability to moderate this thread will convince him to continue sharing the progress of Homepin, then I am all for it.
If this thread stays positive, then we can keep getting updates. The negativity, vendettas and pinball politics (under the guise of free speech) can be taken elsewhere. It is as simple as that.

You can find that on AA (Aussie Arcade). I am not for giving any OP rights to moderate their own threads. Ignore the comments or ignore the user. There are plenty of tools already available to stop the negativity in this thread. I think that all the moderators on this thread do a fantastic job.

If you want threads that are moderated by moderators that have commercial interests in their products go to AA. It is no secret and I for one am a member of both. I like AA and I like Pinside. I am a fan of Homepin and Mike, and sincerely wish for Homepin Thunderbirds to be a huge success.

Mike has the option to close this thread at any time if he so desires.

I am in for keeping it positive and Thunderbirds updates!

Added over 5 years ago:

Mike managed to upset my friends.

Not good business

#735 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Mike has the option to close this thread at any time if he so desires.

Er, no he doesn't. There have been many threads the OP requested closed, but they stayed open.

#736 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Er, no he doesn't. There have been many threads the OP requested closed, but they stayed open.

I am sure in this case the thread would be closed if Homepin requested it. Everyone can still see it with nothing further to be added. What has been posted her in the last few days is not good for anyone or anything pinball.

#737 6 years ago

What has been posted here in the last few days is not good for anyone or anything pinball.

Can't argue with that!

#738 6 years ago

Question for HomePin...

Is there a prospective market for selling pinball machines made in China in China?

#739 6 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Question for HomePin...
Is there a prospective market for selling pinball machines made in China in China?

If just one in every million people bought one Mike would sell 1373 machines.

#740 6 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

i also belong to an adult Lego forum,

Ok, this is what I thought when I read that....

#741 6 years ago

If you want threads that are moderated by moderators that have commercial interests in their products go to AA.

ya what? im one of the sites biggest users and I cant name one moderator on AA who is even a commercial member of the industry. obviously admin is .. but which moderator do you feel has some kind of commercial bias?

#742 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Ok, this is what I thought when I read that....

Me too. Was wondering how they pulled off an adult theme with legos. Now I know.

#743 6 years ago

Pfff, you guys seem to have no problem to fckup one of the most interesting topics these poor qq days.
I loved to read what Mike was doing, people asking relevant questions, getting 'behind the curtain' info, but like each topic, you guys start crying, trolling and discussing about all kind of stupid things except the spinetopic. You just need a sandbox instead of a forum. Getting sick of interesting topics getting highjacked!!!

#744 6 years ago

Thanks to those who have to ruin it for everyone. I always looked for updates on this thread.

#745 6 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Thanks to those who have to ruin it for everyone. I always looked for updates on this thread.

assholes just a pinch (resized).jpgassholes just a pinch (resized).jpg

#746 6 years ago

Mike -
Please ignore the last couple dozen posts.
Are you willing to keep posting progress?
I for one, want a clarification on the speaker panel graphics: what's the backstory there?

Dan

#747 6 years ago

1s1fk1 (resized).jpg1s1fk1 (resized).jpg

#748 6 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

ya what? im one of the sites biggest users and I cant name one moderator on AA who is even a commercial member of the industry. obviously admin is .. but which moderator do you feel has some kind of commercial bias?

Sorry mate, you are no wise rat. No bite here. I happen to like Mike and AA. Make your issues somewhere else.

This is Thunderbirds thread. Hopefully Mike will start posting again soon.

#749 6 years ago

yep none of them .. good now where were we.

#750 6 years ago

Calling for Mike Homepin

There are 4,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 91.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepin-official-thread-pinball-parts-machine-progress/page/15?hl=hassanchop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.