Untitled (resized).png
hplockbar (resized).jpg
hpbuttons (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20200808_121939 (resized).jpg
16178194 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 91.
#651 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

The trolling was uncalled for and in very bad taste, but Mike's knee-jerk reaction to immediately stop posting and run away to Facebook isn't exactly the most mature reaction either.
Just report the post and it'll get moderated, which is exactly what happened - but now he'll never know because he ran off instantly. I'll miss the updates and discussion as well, but if you can't be bothered to use the tools the site offers and you just leave, I can't exactly express much sympathy and I'm certainly not going to kiss any rings or beg.

Whilst I'd generally agree, this was really unpleasant and tasteless. I can see why Mike is upset. Hopefully he returns.

#652 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Whilst I'd generally agree, this was really unpleasant and tasteless. I can see why Mike is upset. Hopefully he returns.

And hopefully more of the unpleasant and tasteless individuals are taken care of. The trolls and parrots sure get annoying, and often very quickly.

#653 6 years ago

super bummed if this thread wont be updated anymore it really is fascinating!

#654 6 years ago

I was thrown under the bus for years doing uv inkjet production for pinball. Now everyone is doing it. Hang in there & keep up to date on your stuff.

#655 6 years ago

Let's ignore the troll...much like we've ignored the crappy Thunderbirds Hollywood remake from 2004.

000-pins (resized).jpg000-pins (resized).jpg

#656 6 years ago

Mike, I fully understand your frustration trolls are pathetic on Pinside. Most new threads have about 1 informative post for every 50 posts. As an Aussie I posted in a thread regarding pricing of new sterns in Aust. Within a couple of minutes a troll had quoted my post only adding a pic of a "black person" which I took as a racial attack on Aussie's. It's things like this why I don't post much on here.

Please rethink your position with this thread! You owe it to yourself! The audience you have attracted through this thread is very interested in following your progress and appreciates all the information you have shared.

Don't let the trolls win!! There are a lot of good genuine people on here that will support you! Anyone up for a bit of troll bashing?

#657 6 years ago

@ homepin fans, dont worry Mike will be back

#658 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

The trolling was uncalled for and in very bad taste, but Mike's knee-jerk reaction to immediately stop posting and run away to Facebook isn't exactly the most mature reaction either.
Just report the post and it'll get moderated, which is exactly what happened - but now he'll never know because he ran off instantly. I'll miss the updates and discussion as well, but if you can't be bothered to use the tools the site offers and you just leave, I can't exactly express much sympathy and I'm certainly not going to kiss any rings or beg.

It is not a knee jerk reaction. It is the fight or flight response. When you are stalked, trolled and abused by particular individuals, you get to a point where you just say I have had enough. It is a natural reaction to withdraw for ones own wellbeing. Mike has spent many years fighting, but sometimes you choose the flight response. There is nothing wrong with that. It is human nature to do so.

Hopefully, now that Pinsanity has been permanently ejected, Mike will return knowing that he is free from this troll and safe to carry on sharing this wonderful pinball endeavour.

#659 6 years ago

I don't know why Mike bothered to come on this site in the first place.

Now we will have pages and pages of how trolls are ruining pinside which is almost as bad as the troll post itself. Pinside in the state it is now, doesn't deserve straight shooters like Mike IMO.

Making pinball machines is hard, but dealing with this place is almost impossible.

#660 6 years ago

anyone can just as easily troll facebook, just look at what Stern Pinball has to moderate. The answer surely isn't to leave pinside.

#661 6 years ago
Quoted from spiroagnew:

Let's ignore the troll...much like we've ignored the crappy Thunderbirds Hollywood remake from 2004.

But... Bill Paxton, pinball royalty!

Quoted from toyotaboy:

anyone can just as easily troll facebook, just look at what Stern Pinball has to moderate. The answer surely isn't to leave pinside.

Difference being when it's your FB page you can ban them. I was shocked that there was actually a thread eject in this thread, but really happy to see it happen.

#662 6 years ago

Thanks for the support and positive responses to all of you following this thread.

It's 7.30AM here and I'm getting ready for work so I will post a full response when I arrive at work.

Robin has done the right thing and I thank him for that. Let's hope it's the start of a turnaround for Pinside.

Let's not clog the thread with any more troll talk and I will update things shortly.

#663 6 years ago

Been following this thread with great interest ... Sad that one lowlife with complete lack of respect could stop an interesting view of how difficult it is to manufacture a pinball machine!
Hope it's resolved ....

#664 6 years ago

Let's get this thread back on track. FAB!

IMG_3370 (resized).JPGIMG_3370 (resized).JPG

#665 6 years ago

Is it just me, or does the mole look slightly out of place in that pic?

#666 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It's just you

#667 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Lady Penelope agrees

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#668 6 years ago

Very excited to see thunderbirds and love that home pin will be reasonable price pinball because right now all their is for that level is a stern pro. Wish JJP would make one but don't see that happening

#669 6 years ago

I will post a "short as possible" recap for those that probably have little or no idea of the background story. I'll keep it as short and concise as I can.

About 5 years ago, my wife of nearly 40 years, Karen & I decided the time was right to expand our activities and build pinball machines. We were already well established in China with a trading company, an office in the electronics market and staff in China.

We set aside money for the venture and arranged the license for Thunderbirds. We identified our potential (initial) target market and away we went.

All of our business life we have structured our affairs so that Karen held all the assets and I held all of the liabilities. This is a very common practice in Australia but I am told it is not so common elsewhere.

Karen passed away nearly two years ago now, and I still think of her daily. I had no access to any funds for about eight months and almost went broke during this time. If it were not for my excellent and supportive agents who bought up containers of Hankin tables to help my cash flow until Karen's estate could be finalised.

During this time zero pinball development work could be done as every penny was spent paying staff and rent.

Then, before Karen's estate was resolved, our programmer died in his sleep in his dormitory (he was only 43). I had to find almost AU$50K to pay out his family - money I didn't have to spare right at this critical time that's for sure.

Anyway, all of these things as well as 2000 more are responsible for the one year delay in our plan to bring the pinball factory to life. I am very grateful to the small number of TAG pre-order buyers who have stood by our efforts during this time and my supportive agents. I accept that all delays are ultimately my responsibility and I have to deal with it but sometimes 'shit happens' and there isn't a lot you can do about it.

Believe me, when Karen passed away I could have very easily just thrown my hands in the air, walked out the door and thrown the keys away but Karen wouldn't have wanted all of our hard work and planning to end like that.

To be reminded at this time (Karen's 2 year anniversary of passing) about the four years since announcement, by a callous and careless post, made by a well known troll already banned on Australian forums for some time now, well, it was just too much for me. The TBAG thing I take as (usually) a well intentioned joke - that's fine, I have a good sense of humor I believe. But the four years thing was just too much for me when the full story is known.

Thanks for reading, let's get back to life in China and development of all things pinball.

#670 6 years ago

I have had my hands full this past week showing two guests around the factory. Stefan from RS Pinball in Austria (yes, AUSTRIA not Australia - LOL) visited first then Tommy from Nitro Pinball in Canada.

Both gentlemen I have not personally met before but both thoroughly genuine and charming guys. It was my genuine pleasure to show both visitors what we have achieved and developed over the past few years.

Stefan (resized).jpgStefan (resized).jpg

tommy (resized).jpgtommy (resized).jpg

#671 6 years ago

Mike, did you catch the guy that sprayed paint all over that backglass?

#672 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Mike, did you catch the guy that sprayed paint all over that backglass?

Thanks for the laugh, well received today.

There is one small element of the translite that is still pending approval after several changes so I can't show it just yet, but very soon I hope.

You can see the bottom part .....

#673 6 years ago

Mike, thanks for the info, but I think I speak for a majority of us when I say that this site isn't entirely evil, and that you don't have to explain yourself at all. What you're doing is more than 99% of us could ever dream of, let alone execute.

Glad to see you didn't cut ties and I can't wait to read more updates. The opto-spinner plastic piece a few posts of yours ago was even a great thinking piece for me because I was wondering about how one would program opto initial conditions on open vs closed, and then how to determine final conditions for the same reasons... and whatever... glad to see that we will get more updates. You keep doing you and hats off to your work.

#674 6 years ago

Is that the speaker panel for TAG or is that a stand in? It looks cool.

#675 6 years ago

Nitro pinball in Canada is an excellent distributor. They really go the extra mile to please their customers.

#676 6 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

Is that the speaker panel for TAG or is that a stand in? It looks cool.

Looks like the control panel for Thunderbird 3 but probably wrong.

Screenshot_20170629-152710 (resized).pngScreenshot_20170629-152710 (resized).png

#677 6 years ago

Glad you are back. Don't let the asshole get a victory. He will just come back for more.
Good luck to you.

#678 6 years ago

Love this thread and can't wait to see the game Great work Mike all us Aussies are dam proud of you

#679 6 years ago
Quoted from Grg:

Looks like the control panel for Thunderbird 3 but probably wrong.

Definately looks likes a thunderbirds cockpit control panel.

IMG_1187 (resized).JPGIMG_1187 (resized).JPG

IMG_1186 (resized).JPGIMG_1186 (resized).JPG

#680 6 years ago

why has it got a DMD?

needs more Nixie tubes

#681 6 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

why has it got a DMD?
needs more Nixie tubes

I might be in the minority but I am pretty excited this has a DMD if the sneak peak at the DMD animations is anything to go by then custom dots on this game could be awesome and way better than just clips from the shows loosely tying into modes etc.

#682 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I might be in the minority but I am pretty excited this has a DMD if the sneak peak at the DMD animations is anything to go by then custom dots on this game could be awesome and way better than just clips from the shows loosely tying into modes etc.

i also want a countdown clock made with those numbers that flick down

#683 6 years ago

I'm happy to see you've returned. Thanks for the backstory. Looking forward to more updates!

#684 6 years ago

Mike, I really appreciate the updates, pics, and videos. Please keep the posts coming. Despite my little knowledge of the theme I would very inclined to buy from you because of what all you show.

#685 6 years ago

I wonder if Stern knows they have posted me on their Facebook page?? LOL

SternFacebook1 (resized).jpgSternFacebook1 (resized).jpg

SternFacebook3 (resized).jpgSternFacebook3 (resized).jpg

#686 6 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Nice one.

American Pool in Hong Kong is cool .. been there a few times. I've stayed around the corner at the Harbour Grand a few times. Nice hotel for a good deal, usually ... great view of the city from the pool up on the roof.

rd

IMG_6378 (resized).JPGIMG_6378 (resized).JPG

#687 6 years ago

Congrats Mike, it looks like a solid cabinet. I can't wait to play this thing.

#688 6 years ago

I never really got into the Thunderbirds show myself, but I am SUPER excited to see this pin. I could care less about the show if the game is fun to shoot.

#689 6 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

I wonder if Howie Feltersnatch knows Hugh Jasoul?

12c758299e90f17fb6582a0d3dcd3f9a99d29ead (resized).jpg12c758299e90f17fb6582a0d3dcd3f9a99d29ead (resized).jpg

#690 6 years ago

Mike is a bully and a wanker.

#691 6 years ago
Quoted from alpha70:

If your going to call someone out publically, you should at least be man enough to say why, world is full of tough guys behind keyboards.

#692 6 years ago

Be nice if folks would be so considerate as to start their own threads to name call and troll and in instead of polluting this one with your internet drama.

#693 6 years ago
Quoted from alpha70:

What you say is what you are.

rd

#694 6 years ago

"Mike is a bully and a wanker."

....and this post is the exact explanation of why we can't have good things.......there is always a spoil sport.

Thank you again to the mods for reacting appropriately.

#695 6 years ago

Gee this thread is turning to shit

What is wrong with people

#696 6 years ago

I thought I read that no second hand items cannot be brought into China. Is that true?

does that mean in China there is not an arcade like we have had in America? Wondering.

I can see then China having all new Chinese manufactured equipment in the arcades but not say twilight zone?

#697 6 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I thought I read that no second hand items cannot be brought into China. Is that true?
does that mean in China there is not an arcade like we have had in America? Wondering.
I can see then China having all new Chinese manufactured equipment in the arcades but not say twilight zone?

Yes, you are 100% correct. You cannot bring anything secondhand into China.

We have even been pulled up at the border bringing a used metal pinball skirt into China - a bent piece of metal!

#698 6 years ago

It makes me wonder then. What if there was a way to help facilitate pinball import. Or then, furthermore to create a vintage type pinball arcade in China.

This is how I think now. After my stroke and 3 brain surgeries. I am also very interested in learning Chinese language.

But an import export arcade and pinball focused, that could navigate the red tape for buyers? And then subsequently an amazing arcade filled some where accessible in China to everyone there.

I am dreaming but I will do some of these dreams. I never ever thought I would learn Chinese. But now I want to learn Chinese and Russian. And Spanish. Sorry I'm digressing.

#699 6 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

I wonder if Howie Feltersnatch knows Hugh Jasoul?

Perhaps Hugh is a member of Howie's law firm, Howie Feltersnatch & Ass.

#700 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballkim:

Perhaps Hugh is a member of Howie's law firm, Howie Feltersnatch & Ass.

What about Mike Hunt ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

There are 4,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 91.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepin-official-thread-pinball-parts-machine-progress/page/14?hl=plumber802 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.